Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,697 members, 7,831,178 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 02:55 PM

I Cant Cook Soup Well: Need Help - Culture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / I Cant Cook Soup Well: Need Help (4304 Views)

Which Tribe Has Best Soup ; igbo Vs efik/ibibio Vs urhobo/ijaw / I Cant Stop Laughing, This Is How Spain Celebrates Tomatoes Festival (pictures) / Onishe Ahaba: Why Asaba People Forbid Ogbono Soup (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Cant Cook Soup Well: Need Help by Nobody: 9:28pm On Nov 03, 2015
Insults are allowed undecided. No be naija we dey cool Yes you read well. I cook soup like a learner everytime i try, like once in a year, and it just comes out not so good.

The thing is i dont like cooking soup sad It gives me this sad feeling undecided

I've tried to laugh it off but make i no lie e dey pain me somehow because am african and a woman. Its not a thing of pride to not know how to cook our traditional delicacy.

Is it Ogbonno, Egusi, Oha, Onugbu, etc. I no sabi cry

Maybe if i get rid of this 'sad feeling' i will do well.

Lalasticlala good evening.

1 Like

Re: I Cant Cook Soup Well: Need Help by Nobody: 9:32pm On Nov 03, 2015
Youtube is your friend better still enrol in a cattering school....

The importance of good food can not be over emphasizedwink

4 Likes

Re: I Cant Cook Soup Well: Need Help by Nobody: 9:35pm On Nov 03, 2015
Jollyjoy:
Youtube is your friend better still enrol in a cattering school....

The importance of good food can not be over emphasizedwink

Thanks sweedy but the thing is i have no joy cooking soup but consider it a necessity especially when i get married.
Re: I Cant Cook Soup Well: Need Help by Nobody: 9:38pm On Nov 03, 2015
Speechless3:

Thanks sweedy but the thing is i have no joy cooking soup but consider it a necessity especially when i get married.
rome wasnt built in a day sweery,you can do it,gradually you will be perfect btw you dnt cook

What kinda family are you frm??who take care of the chores??dishes?siblings and rest....a maid?

2 Likes

Re: I Cant Cook Soup Well: Need Help by Nobody: 9:49pm On Nov 03, 2015
Jollyjoy:
rome wasnt built in a day sweery,you can do it,gradually you will be perfect btw you dnt cook
Okay dear embarassed

Jollyjoy:

What kinda family are you frm??who take care of the chores??dishes?siblings and rest....a maid?
I do house chores. And the dishes too. I can cook every other meal..well not all in the world.

Even though i dont enjoy cooking soup, which is bad in itself, my caring mum has somehow compounded the wahala. She has taken it upon herself to be in charge of cooking soup till we all part. cry

All those times i tried and failed were when i had the opportunity to live alone for a while.sad
Re: I Cant Cook Soup Well: Need Help by Nobody: 9:53pm On Nov 03, 2015
Speechless3:
Okay dear embarassed

I do house chores. And the dishes too. I can cook every other meal..well not all in the world.

Even though i dont enjoy cooking soup, which is bad in itself, my caring mum has somehow compounded the wahala. She has taken it upon herself to be in charge of cooking soup till we all part. cry

All those times i tried and failed were when i had the opportunity to live alone for a while.sad

ooooh so you can attempt some,woaw,then try enroll in a caterring school if youtube isnt satisfactory...
Re: I Cant Cook Soup Well: Need Help by Nobody: 9:56pm On Nov 03, 2015
Jollyjoy:
ooooh so you can attempt some,woaw,then try enroll in a caterring school if youtube isnt satisfactory...

Thanks dear...i will see to that
Re: I Cant Cook Soup Well: Need Help by Nobody: 9:57pm On Nov 03, 2015
Speechless3:

Thanks dear...i will see to that
you are welcome sweery wink

1 Like

Re: I Cant Cook Soup Well: Need Help by angiography(m): 10:04pm On Nov 03, 2015
Speechless3:
Okay dear embarassed

Pressure your mum to give you the chance to cook for ur family. In this clime of ours, a good soup/meal cooking prowess is indispensable to a healthy marital relationship.

M a male, but I remember- while I was still a teen- how my mum prepared timetable for cooking for us.

Suffice to say it's a blessing now.

Lol...on a lighter mode... Do all the suggestions given by the posters above...or u start looking for a man who doesn't care to prepare the soup, for a husband
Re: I Cant Cook Soup Well: Need Help by Nobody: 10:13pm On Nov 03, 2015
angiography:

Pressure your mum to give you the chance to cook for ur family. In this clime of ours, a good soup/meal cooking prowess is indispensable to a healthy marital relationship.

M a male, but I remember- while I was still a teen- how my mum prepared timetable for cooking for us.

Suffice to say it's a blessing now.

Lol...on a lighter mode... Do all the suggestions given by the posters above...or u start looking for a man who doesn't care to prepare the soup, for a husband

The bolded grin I will think about all u've said. Grateful smiley
Re: I Cant Cook Soup Well: Need Help by Swissheart(f): 10:16pm On Nov 03, 2015
Firstly have a positive feeling towards cooking.No one I know is a 'born superb cook'....we learn and practise.While mum is doing it...stand very close that she'll b surprised and watch her,ask her why is she adding this and not that.Ask questions and practise.it gets better each time you do it.be creative and positive.Do not always be the cook and the judge!....let some else judge (invite me tongue)you never can tell........before you know it.... You become a Don!
Re: I Cant Cook Soup Well: Need Help by Nobody: 10:36pm On Nov 03, 2015
Swissheart:
Firstly have a positive feeling towards cooking.No one I know is a 'born superb cook'....we learn and practise.While mum is doing it...stand very close that she'll b surprised and watch her,ask her why is she adding this and not that.Ask questions and practise.it gets better each time you do it.be creative and positive.Do not always be the cook and the judge!....let some else judge (invite me tongue)you never can tell........before you know it.... You become a Don!

Mouthful! cheesy I will learn not to act on that sick feeling.

Thank you so much i hope to be a great cook someday plus will be honoured to have you as ma guest smiley
Re: I Cant Cook Soup Well: Need Help by angiography(m): 10:41pm On Nov 03, 2015
Speechless3:

Thank you so much i hope to be a great cook someday plus will be honoured to have you as ma guest smiley
And me tootoo wink

I won't mind the 'hyper-spices'...so far it's saturated with lots of beef[color=#990000][/color] cheesy
Re: I Cant Cook Soup Well: Need Help by Nobody: 10:49pm On Nov 03, 2015
angiography:

And me tootoo wink

I won't mind the 'hyper-spices'...so far it's saturated with lots of beef[color=#990000][/color] cheesy

cheesy Hyper-spiced food with lots of beef =taste bud workload..lol but i wouldn't know since men differ wink
Re: I Cant Cook Soup Well: Need Help by angiography(m): 10:58pm On Nov 03, 2015
Speechless3:

cheesy Hyper-spiced food with lots of beef =taste bud workload..lol but i wouldn't know since men differ wink
Mind not my taste buds...mine is under voluntary control....and it sure knows you're just starting... grin

1 Like

Re: I Cant Cook Soup Well: Need Help by Nobody: 11:46pm On Nov 03, 2015
My dear every good guy like good food if you want to love ur hubby the more just learn from ur mum and make sure u knw it u then u can try and cook the soup your self don't worry I will come and eat to knw if u are on point grin grin
Re: I Cant Cook Soup Well: Need Help by Swissheart(f): 7:08am On Nov 04, 2015
Speechless3:

Anytime dear.
Re: I Cant Cook Soup Well: Need Help by HIGHESTPOPORI(m): 1:05pm On Nov 30, 2015
Speechless3:
Insults are allowed undecided. No be naija we dey cool Yes you read well. I cook soup like a learner everytime i try, like once in a year, and it just comes out not so good.

The thing is i dont like cooking soup sad It gives me this sad feeling undecided

I've tried to laugh it off but make i no lie e dey pain me somehow because am african and a woman. Its not a thing of pride to not know how to cook our traditional delicacy.

Is it Ogbonno, Egusi, Oha, Onugbu, etc. I no sabi cry

Maybe if i get rid of this 'sad feeling' i will do well.

Lalasticlala good evening.
Who would cook d soup in our home since I wana make you my Wife,I love good food o!
Re: I Cant Cook Soup Well: Need Help by Nobody: 8:24pm On Nov 30, 2015
HIGHESTPOPORI:
Who would cook d soup in our home since I wana make you my Wife,I love good food o!

hahahahaha am improving tongue
Re: I Cant Cook Soup Well: Need Help by HIGHESTPOPORI(m): 8:48pm On Nov 30, 2015
Speechless3:

Nice one,am happy
Re: I Cant Cook Soup Well: Need Help by HIGHESTPOPORI(m): 8:48pm On Nov 30, 2015
Speechless3:

Nice one,am happy
Re: I Cant Cook Soup Well: Need Help by HIGHESTPOPORI(m): 8:49pm On Nov 30, 2015
Speechless3:

Nice one,am happy

1 Like

Re: I Cant Cook Soup Well: Need Help by bussieboi(m): 9:39pm On Dec 01, 2015
end time cook
Re: I Cant Cook Soup Well: Need Help by Cyberbaze(m): 11:17am On Dec 03, 2015
I am a guy and I know how to cook most of the soup u mentioned. Am Igbo. I will teach you if we get to know ourselves. #Imeannoharm

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Cant Cook Soup Well: Need Help by lonelydora: 8:35am On Dec 05, 2015
Never worry. Your husband will understand and you guys will be eating out whenever he wants to eat soup.
Re: I Cant Cook Soup Well: Need Help by Nobody: 10:00am On Dec 06, 2015
lonelydora:
Never worry. Your husband will understand and you guys will be eating out whenever he wants to eat soup.
God forbid grin

1 Like

Re: I Cant Cook Soup Well: Need Help by Cyberbaze(m): 8:13am On Dec 07, 2015
Speechless3:

God forbid grin
Nne, kedu ka imere? Can you reply my mail?
Re: I Cant Cook Soup Well: Need Help by Nobody: 8:31am On Dec 09, 2015
Cyberbaze:
Nne, kedu ka imere? Can you reply my mail?

smiley I tried severally but i think something is wrong with my mail acc for now. Pls bear with me nwoke oma.
Re: I Cant Cook Soup Well: Need Help by Cyberbaze(m): 9:39am On Dec 09, 2015
Woow
Re: I Cant Cook Soup Well: Need Help by Cyberbaze(m): 2:01pm On Dec 10, 2015
Speechless3:

smiley I tried severally but i think something is wrong with my mail acc for now. Pls bear with me nwoke oma.
did you see my pm?

(1) (2) (Reply)

Igbos Speak Better English Than Yorubas. / Are Yoruba Changing Bight Of Benin To Bight Of Oyo? Or Was It Truly Bight Of Oyo / Who Is Your All-time 'most Admired Person'

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.