Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,274 members, 7,818,932 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 08:28 AM

My Bantu Friends From South Africa And Other Bantu Countries I Have A Question - Culture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / My Bantu Friends From South Africa And Other Bantu Countries I Have A Question (2264 Views)

The Bantu People Did Not Come From Or Originate In Egypt.... / Origins Of Us So Called Bantu. / Igbo People Conquered Half Africa And Brought Agriculture And Iron Technology... (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Bantu Friends From South Africa And Other Bantu Countries I Have A Question by Fulaman198(m): 2:00am On Nov 04, 2015
What is the proper Pronunciation of 'Ubuntu'? On Linux forums I hear it being butchered all the time by westerners.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Bantu Friends From South Africa And Other Bantu Countries I Have A Question by itstpia8: 2:03am On Nov 04, 2015
Re: My Bantu Friends From South Africa And Other Bantu Countries I Have A Question by Nobody: 5:00am On Nov 05, 2015
Fulaman198:
What is the proper Pronunciation of 'Ubuntu'? On Linux forums I hear it being butchered all the time by westerners.
The word is more South African.

Every other Bantu tribe would pronounce it differently and probably even write it differenty, as the tribes have different ways of stressing their syllables and even sometimes extremely varying forms of the word bantu. The westerners could be right or wrong depending on the Bantu crowd they are around.

1 Like

Re: My Bantu Friends From South Africa And Other Bantu Countries I Have A Question by Fulaman198(m): 6:24am On Nov 05, 2015
muafrika:

The word is more South African.

Every other Bantu tribe would pronounce it differently and probably even write it differenty, as the tribes have different ways of stressing their syllables and even sometimes extremely varying forms of the word bantu. The westerners could be right or wrong depending on the Bantu crowd they are around.

Ah thanks for the clarification Mu. What country are you from again?
Re: My Bantu Friends From South Africa And Other Bantu Countries I Have A Question by Nobody: 9:37pm On Nov 05, 2015
Fulaman198:

Ah thanks for the clarification Mu. What country are you from again?
The land is Kenya, the Pride of Africa cheesy

4 Likes

Re: My Bantu Friends From South Africa And Other Bantu Countries I Have A Question by Fulaman198(m): 12:04am On Nov 06, 2015
muafrika:

The land is Kenya, the Pride of Africa cheesy

Cool thanks bro
Re: My Bantu Friends From South Africa And Other Bantu Countries I Have A Question by alanmwene: 4:42pm On Nov 06, 2015
Fulaman198:
U=OU coz in bantu languages the sound U doesn't exist!
MOBUTU=MOBOUTOU
UBUNTU=OUBOUNTOU
It so pleasing that bantus are the only race in the world with an operating system named after them grin grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: My Bantu Friends From South Africa And Other Bantu Countries I Have A Question by Fulaman198(m): 5:03pm On Nov 06, 2015
alanmwene:

U=OU coz in bantu languages the sound U doesn't exist!
MOBUTU=MOBOUTOU
UBUNTU=OUBOUNTOU
It so pleasing that bantus are the only race in the world with an operating system named after them grin grin grin grin

Good, what country do you hail from?
Re: My Bantu Friends From South Africa And Other Bantu Countries I Have A Question by alanmwene: 5:44pm On Nov 06, 2015
Re: My Bantu Friends From South Africa And Other Bantu Countries I Have A Question by CAMNEWTON4PRES: 3:40am On Nov 10, 2015
We are a great race

(1) (Reply)

Child Marriage - 10-yer-old Girl Forced Into Marrying 28-year-old Man: (photos) / Joy At Mahin Kingdom, Ilaje As They Are New King Elect Emerg / Inta-tribal Marriage Urhobo & Yoruba

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.