Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,077 members, 7,818,220 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 10:39 AM

Unilorin School Fee Hike (photos) - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Unilorin School Fee Hike (photos) (387 Views)

AAUA Increases School Fee From 25k+ To 120k+ / Ekiti Students Protest Fee Hike, Fayose’s Policies / Unilorin School Fee And Other Charges (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Unilorin School Fee Hike (photos) by Schoolhike: 7:42am On Nov 04, 2015
UNILORIN SCHOOL FEE HIKE.
When shall will stop extorting ourselves?
Good day all Unilorites, i am writing this piece in a state of disappointment. 29th May 2015 remains a day of history in this country of ours as a new Sheriff (as our president is called) came to town. The president brought his change agenda and coincidentally our mini government on campus (SU) adopted and modified it to Positive change. This I felt was a good initiative.
With d adoption of TSA of the federal Government, we discovered our School fees was reduced and we all were in a joyous mood chanting Praises of Buhari but surprisingly, within 48 hrs all was history. A compulsory levy of 7000 naira was added to the school fees with 5000 for school WiFi and 2000 for sweat shirt, which is to be paid to a separate bank account different from TSA.
Now I ask myself, is this the idea of Positive change? Why are the students grumbling and not bold enough to confront the people they voted in? This is an Institution that has a President with his cabinet, Senate President with other senators. Were they voted in to just appoint committees and collect salaries? Of what use is the school WiFi to students staying off campus? Students of social science faculty and Arts Faculty have no access to the WiFi and you expect them to pay for this. Majority of we students have our modems that we subscribe on at our convenience and yet you made the WiFi which it is sure will not be accessible during academic period compulsory for us. Seriously this is 1st Grade extortion. We all want the real positive change and not a positive change on social media or papers. The entire Unilorin say no to compulsory payment for WiFi, it should be a thing of interest and not mandatory. SU President and CEC members, Senate President and the council, this is where we need you people to represent us, give us the true example of the Positive change you preach. "Economic Justice can be won by free men through free enterprise". #saynotobandwithpayment.
Signed: A concerned UNILORITE
# copied.[color=#990000][/color]
Re: Unilorin School Fee Hike (photos) by FunnyDude(m): 7:49am On Nov 04, 2015
See this one oo 5k u dey complain.. We pay 12k for Wi-Fi in my school. Education is ain't cheap again my brother

(1) (Reply)

Ebonyi State University 2015/2016,2nd Batch Admission List Is Out In Our School / Jamb Registeration / 1st Class Of My Dream

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.