Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,452 members, 7,836,800 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 12:47 PM

Mexico Coach Makes Age-cheating Claim Against Eaglets - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Mexico Coach Makes Age-cheating Claim Against Eaglets (896 Views)

Super Eagles Coach Makes Ahmed Musa New Captain / Kehinde And Taiwo Awoniyi's 19th Birthday Celebrated By The Ex Eaglets Striker / Papa Eaglets And Our Cheating Culture (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Mexico Coach Makes Age-cheating Claim Against Eaglets by kentozybee(m): 10:29am On Nov 04, 2015
Mexico Coach makes age-cheating claim against Eaglets
Bode Awoniyi November 4, 2015
Nigerian John Lazarus (top) vies for the ball with a Croatian defender during their FIFA U-17 World Cup Chile 2015 football match in Coquimbo, Chile on October 23, 2015. AFP PHOTO/Photosport - Andres Pina
Nigerian John Lazarus (top) vies for the ball with a Croatian defender during their FIFA U-17 World Cup Chile 2015 football match in Coquimbo, Chile on October 23, 2015. AFP PHOTO/Photosport – Andres Pina

The Golden Eaglets of Nigeria have been slammed with an age-cheating allegation by erstwhile Mexico U17 Coach Raúl Gutiérrez.

Gutiérrez was in charge when the 2013 set of Eaglets beat Mexico twice en-route to being crowned champions in the United Arab Emirates.

And while the Golden Eaglets have been outstanding at the ongoing tournament in Chile, Gutiérrez suggests that there is much to meet the eye as he posited that the Eaglets aside their physical attributes take decisions that are not expected of true u17 players.

Gutiérrez also made same accusation against the Mali team that have also booked their place in the semi final.

“It’s the same with the Nigeria team, so with Mali, that beyond the physical development; decisions made by many of their players are not of an U17 player. the coach told mediotiempo.com.

Despite his fears, though, Gutiérrez said he believes Mexico can beat Nigeria when both countries meet in the semi-finals on Thursday (12am Friday, Nigeria time), but admitted that it will be difficult.

“Sure we can beat them, every game is different and safe for our team will be different than the other generations, I think Mexico can have a good result on Thursday.

“In football nothing is written, everyone already knows that the game will be complex, we will face an opponent with a winning record, but you must play the game, the matches are defined on the field and have to think that way,” says Gutiérrez.
Culled from 366football.com

Re: Mexico Coach Makes Age-cheating Claim Against Eaglets by DahtzFestjayz: 10:31am On Nov 04, 2015
U 17 indeed
Re: Mexico Coach Makes Age-cheating Claim Against Eaglets by menix(m): 10:35am On Nov 04, 2015
See that number 12 wey be my class mate for secondary school 1995...

1 Like

Re: Mexico Coach Makes Age-cheating Claim Against Eaglets by feldido(m): 10:36am On Nov 04, 2015
I'm 13 years old angry
Re: Mexico Coach Makes Age-cheating Claim Against Eaglets by ghanaman5050: 10:46am On Nov 04, 2015
How old are you ?
Re: Mexico Coach Makes Age-cheating Claim Against Eaglets by Tonyosas101(m): 10:52am On Nov 04, 2015
I noh if lie, those 9ja men claiming u17 don old, I remember wey I still dey play for Emmanuel FC owned my T.B Joshua then, my coach forged a new birth certificate for us.... I was 19yrs then but my new cert was 14yrs of age.....

Welcome to 9ja where the son of a footballer is 3yrs older than the father

1 Like

Re: Mexico Coach Makes Age-cheating Claim Against Eaglets by Nobody: 11:23am On Nov 04, 2015
how old is Diego Csosta?
Re: Mexico Coach Makes Age-cheating Claim Against Eaglets by awesomegenius(m): 1:45pm On Nov 04, 2015
Tonyosas101:
I noh if lie, those 9ja men claiming u17 don old, I remember wey I still dey play for Emmanuel FC owned my T.B Joshua then, my coach forged a new birth certificate for us.... I was 19yrs then but my new cert was 14yrs of age.....

Welcome to 9ja where the son of a footballer is 3yrs older than the father

Yes oooh!......When Going For Screening,We will be advisded to Reduce our ages,Because Whitemen Don't Pick Peeps Above 14years

(1) (Reply)

See How Coach Siasia And Others Celebrated The Emphatic Win Against Sweden. PICS / SHOCKING: See How Much Each Falconet's Player Got From NFF / Brazilian Football Team Plane Crashes In Colombia, 6 Survivors Recorded

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.