Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,497 members, 7,830,503 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 12:05 AM

Nigerians Let Fight For United States Of Africa. - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigerians Let Fight For United States Of Africa. (1441 Views)

President Buhari Departs For United Arab Emirates (Photos) / Nigerians, Let Us Stop Being Hypocritical....the Country Is Crumbling / Nigerians In UK! Let's Fight For Our Right... (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigerians Let Fight For United States Of Africa. by OneNaija(m): 1:04am On May 12, 2009
Yes WE CAN!  It was the Mantra that carried Barrack Obama to the Presidency of the United States of America,

It can be the Mantra to create a United States of Africa,  Yes WE CAN!

No one believed the United States would elect a black President in their life-time, they can now believe!

No one believes there will be a United States of Africa in our life-time, we can now believe! Yes WE CAN!

Enact the charter and constitution of the United States of Africa at the upcoming summit in Addis Ababa, Ethiopia, The capital of the the United States of Africa. Yes WE CAN!

The time for Africa to declare itself as ONE is NOW!

( Let the details be worked out in a democratic matter with an un-biased meeting of the minds and the involvement and vote of the people. The leaders had their chance in Accra, Ghana 2007 and failed.

Africa has allowed itself to dominate its own news agenda lately. Then the African Union met for three days this week, in Ghana, for the Grand Debate on the political Union of Africa, which, if agreement had been reached, would have resulted in the instant declaration of a United States of Africa.
The Unification of Africa MUST NOT FAIL at this upcoming summit.

We ask EVERY African to participate,  Yes WE CAN!

Re: Nigerians Let Fight For United States Of Africa. by ChinenyeN(m): 1:17am On May 12, 2009
I am against the notion of a United States of Africa, as of now. I am not in favor of this movement until I get adequate information on what exactly will supposedly be "United States of Africa".
And because I don't care for a "United States of Africa", I won't even bother doing any research on it.

Lastly, that is a very unappealing flag.
Re: Nigerians Let Fight For United States Of Africa. by duduspace(m): 1:27am On May 12, 2009
What a load of bull, do we even have a functionint United States of Nigeria yet?
Re: Nigerians Let Fight For United States Of Africa. by OneNaija(m): 1:31am On May 12, 2009
The continent of Africa is the richest continent on planet earth with oil, gas, minerals and brilliant hard-working people. So why are the millions of ordinary people of Africa the poorest, sickest, most hungry and diseased folks on the face of our Earth? Every right-thinking, moral and proud African must declare personal war against this present situation. Otherwise we will continue to remain poor and miserable while making the rest of the people on earth, including those who have nothing but scorn and even hatred of us, rich. Surely, surely surely, we are better than this? Think of Nigeria my brothers.
Re: Nigerians Let Fight For United States Of Africa. by blackspade(m): 1:58am On May 12, 2009
Where in the world did you find that ugly flag?

duduspace:

What a load of bull, do we even have a functionint United States of Nigeria yet?
I was thinking the same thing. What about a functioning, united Sudan? How about Ivory Coast? DRC? Somalia?
Re: Nigerians Let Fight For United States Of Africa. by rdokoye: 2:27am On May 12, 2009
OneNaija:

The continent of Africa is the richest continent on planet earth with oil, gas, minerals and brilliant hard-working people. So why are the millions of ordinary people of Africa the poorest, sickest, most hungry and diseased folks on the face of our Earth? Every right-thinking, moral and proud African must declare personal war against this present situation. Otherwise we will continue to remain poor and miserable while making the rest of the people on earth, including those who have nothing but scorn and even hatred of us, rich. Surely, surely surely, we are better than this? Think of Nigeria my brothers.

What we speak of poverty in Africa, we’re talking about proportions. In terms of raw numbers, Asia is home to over 60% of the entire planets poor, India alone has more poor people in her land than the entire continent of Africa.

Quite exaggerating the plight of African People, the current poverty rate in Africa stands at 33%. I think our main focus should be on getting these relatively small nations within the continent to work before we speak of making an even larger with, with more ethnicities and more languages to boot.
Re: Nigerians Let Fight For United States Of Africa. by OneNaija(m): 2:37am On May 12, 2009
The problem is that Africa's states are failing, most especially in policy implementation. They are good at the level policy formulation, but lack of political will, corruption and greed, greatly hampers policy implementation. Individual African nation States need rigorous internal transformations, if they have to move ahead and succeed as one through a single system of government If you must understand my point.
Re: Nigerians Let Fight For United States Of Africa. by OneNaija(m): 2:38am On May 12, 2009
I strongly believe unity is the only way out for Africa. Can't you see, USA, UK, EU? Remember unity is strength.
Re: Nigerians Let Fight For United States Of Africa. by Becomrrich: 2:54am On May 12, 2009
Nigeria should not support the idea. what we should support is ecowas. with a population about the same of the USA. Ecowas.
Re: Nigerians Let Fight For United States Of Africa. by SeanT21(f): 4:40am On May 12, 2009
OneNaija:

I strongly believe unity is the only way out for Africa. Can't you see, USA, UK, EU? Remember unity is strength.

OH REALLY??

What makes U think the ashanti tribe of Ghana is gonna get along with the Mandingo people of Sierra Leone??

What is gonna be the major language in this United States of Africa? Who is gonna be the president??What laws are we gonna follow??Sharia or Christianity??

DREAM ON MY FRIEND
!!
Re: Nigerians Let Fight For United States Of Africa. by sleekp1: 5:54am On May 12, 2009
If you declare a United states of Africa, most of Africa's poor would move to their wealthier neighbours (e.g South Africa). Good idea but it will not work for now.
Re: Nigerians Let Fight For United States Of Africa. by Badriyyah(f): 6:34am On May 12, 2009
OneNaija:

Everyone freaking HATES the EU. They are not really united, just share the same currency, and take money from the wealthy nations that are crumbling to build the poor ones. EU should go to hell.
Re: Nigerians Let Fight For United States Of Africa. by IFELEKE(m): 8:40am On May 12, 2009
OneNaija,
Concentrate on achieving what your name means first before you embark on a wild goose chase.(Gadaffi and Wade will testify to the futility of your campagn).
Re: Nigerians Let Fight For United States Of Africa. by MrCrackles(m): 8:46am On May 12, 2009
Topic

Wetin concern me! cool
Re: Nigerians Let Fight For United States Of Africa. by OneNaija(m): 10:49am On May 12, 2009
Since the foundation of AU all the African leader has fail us and the AU is a failure.they are still fighting in so many part of Africa and hatred are among in so many Countries.this is the right time we see ourselves as one Africa this is the only way forward believe me.As for me I support the United States of Africa that is the only ways to bring our Next Generation together to live as one.

(1) (Reply)

Umar Farouk Abdulmutallab Faces A Sentence Of Life In Prison / Pdp Adjusts Delegates’ Election Timetable ! / Arrrested And Detained For 4 Hours For Trying To Take Poll Pictures

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.