Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,160,340 members, 7,842,993 topics. Date: Tuesday, 28 May 2024 at 04:31 PM

Nigerians Dig Up, Eat Contaminated Chicken Buried By Customs In Rivers (Photos) - Health (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Nigerians Dig Up, Eat Contaminated Chicken Buried By Customs In Rivers (Photos) (60181 Views)

Rivers State Buried The 27 Dead Cows Imported Into The State From North / Mentally Unstable Woman Gives Birth To A Bouncing Baby Girl In Rivers. Photos / Firm Drags NAFDAC To Court Over 7-up’s Contaminated Aquafina Table Water (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerians Dig Up, Eat Contaminated Chicken Buried By Customs In Rivers (Photos) by Danelo(m): 11:15pm On Nov 04, 2015
If this happens in another country my dear nigerians will tag them stupendous ignoramus....

This is so terribly bad n disgusting .
Re: Nigerians Dig Up, Eat Contaminated Chicken Buried By Customs In Rivers (Photos) by Damfostopper(m): 11:15pm On Nov 04, 2015
“Some Africans are lazy fools only good at eating, lovemaking and Stealing” .... '' Africans Are Lazy Fools, Only Good At Lovemaking And Stealing” - Donald Trump
Re: Nigerians Dig Up, Eat Contaminated Chicken Buried By Customs In Rivers (Photos) by Catabolic: 11:22pm On Nov 04, 2015
Huger Dey- By Brymo
Re: Nigerians Dig Up, Eat Contaminated Chicken Buried By Customs In Rivers (Photos) by britiko: 11:23pm On Nov 04, 2015
this is really sad.
this is surely the height of poverty in Nigeria.
haba, would they rather contact diseases?
why are pple like this?
even the so-called customs officers, aren't there better means of disposal?
really, my heart bleeds for the nation.
people are suffering.
Re: Nigerians Dig Up, Eat Contaminated Chicken Buried By Customs In Rivers (Photos) by Catabolic: 11:23pm On Nov 04, 2015
Customs should have disposed them into the sea to feed fishes which in turn would provide a consumptive alternative to the chickens.[b]Customs should have disposed them into the sea to feed fishes which in turn would provide a consumptive alternative to the chickens.
Re: Nigerians Dig Up, Eat Contaminated Chicken Buried By Customs In Rivers (Photos) by isseke: 11:24pm On Nov 04, 2015
this is a fake news nobody should believe this. the picture are fake.this are the people spoiling the image of nigeria.with fake news.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigerians Dig Up, Eat Contaminated Chicken Buried By Customs In Rivers (Photos) by Datevilme: 11:24pm On Nov 04, 2015
The way I see it, the customs pple r to be blamed, does it mean they don't have a better way to dispose off contaminated chicken??
Re: Nigerians Dig Up, Eat Contaminated Chicken Buried By Customs In Rivers (Photos) by ChristyIsaac: 11:24pm On Nov 04, 2015
Hmm if u see ppl selling dis chicken without shame nd ppl r eating it.
Re: Nigerians Dig Up, Eat Contaminated Chicken Buried By Customs In Rivers (Photos) by ChristyIsaac: 11:26pm On Nov 04, 2015
It's nt fake oh I saw it wit my eyes. Cos I live in dat region.
Re: Nigerians Dig Up, Eat Contaminated Chicken Buried By Customs In Rivers (Photos) by Modigi: 11:28pm On Nov 04, 2015
Jeez! Rivers should vote for APC.
Re: Nigerians Dig Up, Eat Contaminated Chicken Buried By Customs In Rivers (Photos) by 9jaboi8701(m): 11:29pm On Nov 04, 2015
canalily:
How does it concern us here

When the disease start spreading and it spread to your door step before you will know whether it's your concern or not. I wipe for my country

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigerians Dig Up, Eat Contaminated Chicken Buried By Customs In Rivers (Photos) by zumbigbo(m): 11:33pm On Nov 04, 2015
Biafran mad dogs are at it again, very soon they will turn to carnivals! grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

Bros....please take the contaminated chicken out from between your ears, travel to eleme and bury it in the pit.

Ask for full refund from your english teacher too ----carnivals.....lol...... grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Nigerians Dig Up, Eat Contaminated Chicken Buried By Customs In Rivers (Photos) by fexyrich(m): 11:38pm On Nov 04, 2015
Any one who is associated to a custom officer would know that these people just had a harmless feast for themselves..although I blame it on poverty in the country,But I can confidently say that those chickens are harmless!!if u stay with custom officers u would know that most of these items they sieze they usually share it among themselves before disposing the remainant.These people don't lack food or anything..Ranging from bags of rice,G oil,chicken,Milk,foreign drinks and many more.So I believe the guy that said they already diverted one container,its a very normal thing in the customs!!So let's stop being naïve..No right thinking person would import poisoned chickens into the country..they were siezed because they are contraband,just like they sieze bags of rice,tyre and many other food items..
Re: Nigerians Dig Up, Eat Contaminated Chicken Buried By Customs In Rivers (Photos) by cupidhero(m): 11:42pm On Nov 04, 2015
Shame on us.
Re: Nigerians Dig Up, Eat Contaminated Chicken Buried By Customs In Rivers (Photos) by nduchucks: 11:42pm On Nov 04, 2015
The idiotic officials should know that these people would dig the chickens up and eat them. Why didn't they burn them up instead!

Some of the chickens in the photograph look fresh! Iidiotic officials embarassed
Re: Nigerians Dig Up, Eat Contaminated Chicken Buried By Customs In Rivers (Photos) by rusher14: 11:42pm On Nov 04, 2015
I think the government should create an edict that makes it compulsory to have pictures of this kind hanging on office walls of public officials.

Perhaps every time they dip their hands in public coffers their conscience would cry out.
Re: Nigerians Dig Up, Eat Contaminated Chicken Buried By Customs In Rivers (Photos) by mkoabiola: 11:43pm On Nov 04, 2015
I thought it is only d uneducated northerners dat can die of ignorance but I was wrong
Re: Nigerians Dig Up, Eat Contaminated Chicken Buried By Customs In Rivers (Photos) by nikkiking(m): 11:45pm On Nov 04, 2015
sotall:
Poverty is a disease.....

This statement though.........

[size=20pt]“It was seized from importers because it is contraband. The customs men even diverted one container themselves. So who is fooling who?” queried Iriaka.[/size]

LMAO grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
See as your comment don scatter my baff up gringringringringringrin;DDgringrin.

1 Like

Re: Nigerians Dig Up, Eat Contaminated Chicken Buried By Customs In Rivers (Photos) by sukkot: 11:49pm On Nov 04, 2015
I rather they eat this chicken than eat rats and snakes and lizards like they always do with frontpage stories. just make sure you cook the chicken to boiling point for more than 20 minutes and you are good to go. cook with lots of ginger and garlic and then deep fry afterwards

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigerians Dig Up, Eat Contaminated Chicken Buried By Customs In Rivers (Photos) by Shieldjnr: 11:56pm On Nov 04, 2015
thank God it happens there. if na for northern part this same thing happened u for hear all sorts of insult

1 Like

Re: Nigerians Dig Up, Eat Contaminated Chicken Buried By Customs In Rivers (Photos) by Nickymezor(f): 11:57pm On Nov 04, 2015
adioolayi:
Once there is Outbreak of known and Unknown Sicknesses and Diseases in Rivers State...we know the source
Exactly.
Re: Nigerians Dig Up, Eat Contaminated Chicken Buried By Customs In Rivers (Photos) by cococandy(f): 11:57pm On Nov 04, 2015
We should stop blaming politicians and the government. These people are just gluttons and very very silly too.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerians Dig Up, Eat Contaminated Chicken Buried By Customs In Rivers (Photos) by cococandy(f): 11:59pm On Nov 04, 2015
If this was plain contraband, they would have sold it cheap to coldroom operators.
This could well be dumped for health reasons.

Why can't they reason? These ones are eating these things and endangering other humans should they break out with a disease.

fexyrich:
Any one who is associated to a custom officer would know that these people just had a harmless feast for themselves..although I blame it on poverty in the country,But I can confidently say that those chickens are harmless!!if u stay with custom officers u would know that most of these items they sieze they usually share it among themselves before disposing the remainant.These people don't lack food or anything..Ranging from bags of rice,G oil,chicken,Milk,foreign drinks and many more.So I believe the guy that said they already diverted one container,its a very normal thing in the customs!!So let's stop being naïve..No right thinking person would import poisoned chickens into the country..they were siezed because they are contraband,just like they sieze bags of rice,tyre and many other food items..

1 Like

Re: Nigerians Dig Up, Eat Contaminated Chicken Buried By Customs In Rivers (Photos) by guysis(m): 12:03am On Nov 05, 2015
*pukes*What a life!
Re: Nigerians Dig Up, Eat Contaminated Chicken Buried By Customs In Rivers (Photos) by EreluY(f): 12:09am On Nov 05, 2015
O MASE O. FELA, ABAMI EDA, DIDN'T SEE THIS WHEN HE SANG SUFFERING AND SMILING. THE BEST DECISION OF MY LIFE WAS THE SHREDDING OF MY NIGERIAN PASSPORT.
Re: Nigerians Dig Up, Eat Contaminated Chicken Buried By Customs In Rivers (Photos) by eniorisha(m): 12:11am On Nov 05, 2015
I quite agree with d part "...not expired but seized as contraband..."

A lot happens elsewhr especially around border towns. Do u people know dt d custom official sell seized cartons for #1500 to #2000 each? They seize from someone but sell to others especially their friends & relations.

Many things worse than this happens to other "contraband" seizures, especially rice & vegetable oil.

Many custom officers even engage in these so called contrabands. Customs, most corrupt organisation in d world. Yet they will continue to deceive d populace.

Customs & govt have many questions to answer. "contraband" especially frozen poultry products do not take government anything for them to prohibit its importation. Until govt totally prohibit its importation, these goods are not contrabands. What happened during bird flu attack many yes ago comes to mind. it was a very difficult & sometimes suicidal to even import 1 carton then let alone a whole container loaded with poultry products.

Govt, Ask us not to bring poultry products in outrightly or leave us to continue our legitimate business. Stop burying our money in d name of contraband. This is insensitivity on d part of our govt. Millions of naira overnight!
Re: Nigerians Dig Up, Eat Contaminated Chicken Buried By Customs In Rivers (Photos) by Stylaay(m): 12:15am On Nov 05, 2015
This is crazy. The one DAT really freaks me out is when the military and civil defence uncover site where crude is refined illegally they puncture and destroy the tanks this miscreants use and set them on fire. I wonder if they do not consider the impact of spilling crude oil, diesel or PMS on the soil. Don't they think of the effect on the environment. Wahlahi something is fundamentally wrong with Nigerians. These poultry products can be used to feed carnivorous animals instead of just burying them an industry could spring up from confiscated products. But alas Nigerians won't task their brains na only corruption and bigotry.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigerians Dig Up, Eat Contaminated Chicken Buried By Customs In Rivers (Photos) by ujezeez(m): 12:18am On Nov 05, 2015
Wike...what is this?
Re: Nigerians Dig Up, Eat Contaminated Chicken Buried By Customs In Rivers (Photos) by eniorisha(m): 12:20am On Nov 05, 2015
fexyrich:

Even newspapers & recharge cards, these "contraband" dealers buy for them. Even in service or outta service, many customs men engages in this "contraband" importation. Moreover, these people dt tell us they seized contraband or contaminated poultry products, they eat same at home with children & whenever they av a party to organise, they fall back to these products they buy themselves.
Re: Nigerians Dig Up, Eat Contaminated Chicken Buried By Customs In Rivers (Photos) by Baboo13(m): 12:21am On Nov 05, 2015
Nigeria oh my Nigeria

Poverty at the highest level!
Re: Nigerians Dig Up, Eat Contaminated Chicken Buried By Customs In Rivers (Photos) by Aarenasbaba(m): 12:23am On Nov 05, 2015
If you can eat dis type of chicken.....qoute me you can eat human being
Re: Nigerians Dig Up, Eat Contaminated Chicken Buried By Customs In Rivers (Photos) by Nobody: 12:25am On Nov 05, 2015
Mental poverty is the worst form of poverty.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

My Patient Has Gonorrhea In Her Eye (photos) / I Am A Human Chimera / Girl Born Without Eyes In Kenya, Cries To Death As Mum Refused To Breastfeed Her

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.