Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,217 members, 7,818,750 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 12:09 AM

Med-view Begins Flight On London - Lagos Route - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Med-view Begins Flight On London - Lagos Route (2166 Views)

Aisha Buhari Embarks On London Visit To See Buhari / Buhari Weeps On London Hospital Bed, As His Most Intelligent Minister Resigns / Route Of The Coastal Railway From Calabar To Lagos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Med-view Begins Flight On London - Lagos Route by Nobody: 1:01am On Nov 05, 2015
Medview Airline will on November 20 flag off flight on the Lagos-London route.

Managing Director and Chief Executive Officer of the Airline, Alhaji Muneer Bankole said the United Kingdom and Nigerian civil aviation authorities and their foreign affairs ministries had given the airline all approvals required to operate direct flight between the two countries.

Unlike the other London flights which birth at the Heathrow Airport, the airline would be landing at Gatwick Airport.

The MD said the airline deliberately chose Gatwick Airport to cater for people from up North and South in the United Kingdom, adding that the airline had secured slots at Gatwick Southern Terminal to provide train services to passengers travelling to other parts of UK.

He said limousine service has also been provided for business class people.

He also noted that London - Lagos route has remained one of the busiest routes in the world and yet the most expensive.

Bankole explained that Med-view entered the route as a Nigerian flag carrier to supply the missing link which includes capacity, reasonable fares, good customer care and excellent in-flight entertainment.

"I am happy to inform you that our Inaugural Flight from Lagos - London Gatwick is Friday, November 20, 2015. We are starting with four weekly flights on Sundays, Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays", he said.

The inaugural flight would coincide with Med-view Airline third anniversary of its commencement of domestic operation on November 8, 2012.
http://www.dailytrust.com.ng/news/general/med-view-begins-flight-on-london-lagos-route-nov-20/117662.html

Cc: Lalasticlala

3 Likes

Re: Med-view Begins Flight On London - Lagos Route by Modigi: 1:03am On Nov 05, 2015
Sai Buhari!
Re: Med-view Begins Flight On London - Lagos Route by Nobody: 1:59am On Nov 05, 2015
So, 4 airlines will be flying the Lagos-London route in 3 weeks time. Hopefully, the increased competition would drive down fares.

1 Like

Re: Med-view Begins Flight On London - Lagos Route by Pavore9: 2:06am On Nov 05, 2015
Hope it will force prices down!
Re: Med-view Begins Flight On London - Lagos Route by Nobody: 2:36am On Nov 05, 2015
Pavore9:
Hope it will force prices down!
According to "The Sun", the airline's round-trip fare will be N149,000 ($677).
Not bad for a 6-hr flight.

3 Likes

Re: Med-view Begins Flight On London - Lagos Route by aminho(m): 4:26am On Nov 05, 2015
Very good decision picking up Gatwick
Re: Med-view Begins Flight On London - Lagos Route by Pavore9: 6:19am On Nov 05, 2015
CFCfan:

According to "The Sun", the airline's round-trip fare will be N149,000 ($677).
Not bad for a 6-hr flight.

The price is okay for the Nigerian market but still high in comparison to flying from Nairobi to London which takes 9hrs if is a direct flight via Kenya Airways but one can get a get a ticket for about $645 with Turkish Airline though a stop over at Istanbul. The Dubai route is so cheap, got a return ticket for N80,000 via Ethiopian Airline though has a stop over at Addis Ababa but total flight duration is 6hrs 10mins.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Med-view Begins Flight On London - Lagos Route by modath(f): 6:26am On Nov 05, 2015
CFCfan:
So, 4 airlines will be flying the Lagos-London route in 3 weeks time. Hopefully, the increased competition would drive down fares.

Are the 4, BA, Virgin, Arik & this medview or new ones?
Re: Med-view Begins Flight On London - Lagos Route by Nobody: 6:44am On Nov 05, 2015
modath:

Are the 4, BA, Virgin, Arik & this medview or new ones?
Yes. It's the 4 aforementioned airlines
Re: Med-view Begins Flight On London - Lagos Route by IlekeHD: 6:45am On Nov 05, 2015
Why not just Enugu Intanachana Airport?

2 Likes

Re: Med-view Begins Flight On London - Lagos Route by idu1(m): 6:48am On Nov 05, 2015
Good
Re: Med-view Begins Flight On London - Lagos Route by dridowu: 6:58am On Nov 05, 2015
I just hope the passengers will get value for their money.

GBN
Re: Med-view Begins Flight On London - Lagos Route by Luckianti(m): 7:14am On Nov 05, 2015
Good one, but wetin concern agbero with overload? Them posters above me just dey yarn like say them dey enter london every week. Make all of una calm down o...
Re: Med-view Begins Flight On London - Lagos Route by idupaul: 7:34am On Nov 05, 2015
CFCfan:

Yes. It's the 4 aforementioned airlines

Did U need to use the aforementioned ? I know its correct but did U really need it to string that answer together?
Re: Med-view Begins Flight On London - Lagos Route by Nobody: 7:38am On Nov 05, 2015
idupaul:

Did U need to use the aforementioned ? I know its correct but did U really need it to string that answers together?

Re: Med-view Begins Flight On London - Lagos Route by JingoOAU(m): 7:57am On Nov 05, 2015
I am so happy for Bankole. He started the airline from nothing with his close friend and confidant who died 2 years ago....from being a hajj operation airline to local airline to international airline....thats a success story

But they should ensure to pay their cabin crews and flight crews on time so that they can give their maximum and unalloyed support....

4 Likes

Re: Med-view Begins Flight On London - Lagos Route by Omololu007(m): 8:04am On Nov 05, 2015
idupaul:

Did U need to use the aforementioned ? I know its correct but did U really need it to string that answers together?

dis your question sef undecided

1 Like

Re: Med-view Begins Flight On London - Lagos Route by miqos02(m): 2:32pm On Nov 05, 2015
IlekeHD:
Why not just Enugu[b] Intanachana[/b] Airport?
lol
Re: Med-view Begins Flight On London - Lagos Route by miqos02(m): 2:39pm On Nov 05, 2015
idupaul:

Did U need to use the aforementioned ? I know its correct but did U really need it to string that answer together?

ur site is not loading
Re: Med-view Begins Flight On London - Lagos Route by Nobody: 2:42pm On Nov 05, 2015
I hope they would not fly along war-trodden flight path.
Re: Med-view Begins Flight On London - Lagos Route by Nobody: 5:26pm On Nov 05, 2015
IlekeHD:
Why not just Enugu Intanachana Airport?
Medview will also fly the Enugu-Singapore route. They're probably waiting for the completion of the new international terminal, in the first quarter of next year.
Re: Med-view Begins Flight On London - Lagos Route by AZeD1(m): 5:33pm On Nov 05, 2015
Gatwick?
Re: Med-view Begins Flight On London - Lagos Route by Nobody: 7:53pm On Nov 05, 2015
AZeD1:
Gatwick?
What's wrong with Gatwick?
Re: Med-view Begins Flight On London - Lagos Route by Nobody: 8:13pm On Nov 05, 2015
okay... good development.
Re: Med-view Begins Flight On London - Lagos Route by AZeD1(m): 9:08pm On Nov 05, 2015
CFCfan:

What's wrong with Gatwick?
I don't think its a good idea. Most Nigerians are already programmed to Heathrow airport (they know their way around and the likes) so i don't see Gatwick as an advantage but rather a disadvantage but then, that's my opinion i might be totally wrong.
Re: Med-view Begins Flight On London - Lagos Route by Nobody: 10:17pm On Nov 05, 2015
^^
With lower fares and superior service, their loyalty could shift to Medview (and Gatwick). Besides, Heathrow is super congested too.
Re: Med-view Begins Flight On London - Lagos Route by obailala(m): 10:55pm On Nov 05, 2015
Goodnews! This competition is very welcome. BA, Virgin and Arik don cut person neck tire...

1 Like

Re: Med-view Begins Flight On London - Lagos Route by Nobody: 8:20am On Dec 25, 2015
All their flights to London Gatwick, from today till the end of January, have been fully booked!
Re: Med-view Begins Flight On London - Lagos Route by ANBAKO: 9:29am On Dec 25, 2015
Nice
Re: Med-view Begins Flight On London - Lagos Route by BusinessClass: 8:26am On Jul 12, 2016
What with this tanking Naira flight prices have jumped about 45% overnight, especially on business class and international flights. But the last time I checked recently, this site www.fly-businessclass.com was still showing reasonable fares - and they're priced in Naira
Re: Med-view Begins Flight On London - Lagos Route by idupaul: 8:30am On Jul 12, 2016
Old article

(1) (Reply)

Nigerians Losing Productivity In Search Of Fuel, Buhari Must Act - Ezekwesili / Pro. Joshua Iginla Prays For Pst. Adeboye, TB Joshua,others / Buhari Set To Face The ICC For Crimes Against Humanity

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.