Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,840 members, 7,817,487 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 01:03 PM

Apply For 2015/2016 Shell Petroleum Graduate Programme - Jobs/Vacancies (61) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Apply For 2015/2016 Shell Petroleum Graduate Programme (339330 Views)

Apply For Heineken International Fresh Graduate Programme 2018 / Seplat Petroleum Graduate Scheme Massive Recruitment 2017/2018 / Department Of Petroleum Resources - 2016 Graduate Trainee &experienced Hire Job (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (58) (59) (60) (61) (62) (63) (64) ... (74) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Apply For 2015/2016 Shell Petroleum Graduate Programme by samdson: 8:46pm On Dec 14, 2015
ScofieldBello:
You are the one who needs to read more.
When you say Shell 'business', you would mean nothing but Upstream, Downstream, Project & Technology, and Global Function. That isn't what tells which is Int'l or local.
There is no such thing as Shell Local and Shell International. Nothing further
Re: Apply For 2015/2016 Shell Petroleum Graduate Programme by silentdude(m): 9:33pm On Dec 14, 2015
Focusedaliu:

oga abeg share with your boy focusedmeee@yahoo.com.

I wud be grateful if you could plz share your idea.. seunspace@gmail.com.. God bless
Re: Apply For 2015/2016 Shell Petroleum Graduate Programme by boyesky(m): 9:39pm On Dec 14, 2015
Finally!!!!!... 60 pages don land!!! shell una do well oooo
Re: Apply For 2015/2016 Shell Petroleum Graduate Programme by yungmin: 9:59am On Dec 15, 2015
You guys have spare energies...o. In a forum where people contribute using pseudo names, I'm wondering of what use it is to fight to show relevance or level of your intelligence or information. These your arguments about knowledge of shell as a company is just uncalled for sad

6 Likes

Re: Apply For 2015/2016 Shell Petroleum Graduate Programme by hariorh: 2:08pm On Dec 15, 2015
yungmin:
You guys have spare energies...o. In a forum where people contribute using pseudo names, I'm wondering of what use it is to fight to show relevance or level of your intelligence or information. These your arguments about knowledge of shell as a company is just uncalled for sad

You dey mind them? undecided
Re: Apply For 2015/2016 Shell Petroleum Graduate Programme by COOLCATS: 2:58pm On Dec 15, 2015
yungmin:
Can I tell you something. You can't get anything serious as it concerns this job opening on this thread other than the fact that phone interviews have been ongoing and SRD slated for january next year. Arguments like the above may seem unnecessary but they are learning points. We learn daily. Conflict is needed to bring the best out of a team / group but it has got to be maturely and not interfere the work flow.
I wanted to ask peeps who followed dammyspencer advice if they got any response. Email senders, did you get any response? If yes, pls share.
I read somwhere questions like this may be asked during interviews. " what do you think the price of oil would be in the next year? With reasons" . If you got smart answers, pls respond.

1 Like

Re: Apply For 2015/2016 Shell Petroleum Graduate Programme by davide470(m): 3:53pm On Dec 15, 2015
COOLCATS:
" what do you think the price of oil would be in the next year? With reasons" . If you got smart answers, pls respond.
In the light of the recent happenings and pronouncement by OPEC, the elevated levels of production will continue, and the global oil market will remain oversupplied.

Also, with Iran already getting in the heat of the “market share war”, OPEC is more likely to raise the “current” production ceiling of 30MMbpd in recognition of Iran’s entry, rather than cut. This will pressure crude oil price in 2016, say Q1 - Q2 and hopefully OPEC will meet before its scheduled June 2016 meeting if prices get too low in their views.

In summary, Oil prices ain't going up for a while.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Apply For 2015/2016 Shell Petroleum Graduate Programme by ksstroud: 4:08pm On Dec 15, 2015
davide470:

In the light of the recent happenings and pronouncement by OPEC, the elevated levels of production will continue, and the global oil market will remain oversupplied.

Also, with Iran already getting in the heat of the “market share war”, OPEC is more likely to raise the “current” production ceiling of 30MMbpd in recognition of Iran’s entry, rather than cut. This will pressure crude oil price in 2016, say Q1 - Q2 and hopefully OPEC will meet before its scheduled June 2016 meeting if prices get too low in their views.

Said
Re: Apply For 2015/2016 Shell Petroleum Graduate Programme by TheRealAdonye(m): 4:50pm On Dec 15, 2015
Respect!! Respect!!!

davide470:

1 Like

Re: Apply For 2015/2016 Shell Petroleum Graduate Programme by COOLCATS: 5:07pm On Dec 15, 2015
davide470:

Good points but at present OPEC pumps more than the ceiling. I think it's about 32 now. I don't see it go up but I think it will remain with little +/- changes. I think the interviewers might be looking beyond the commercial side of this i.e demand and supply. It's apparent the energy companies are having a tough time. They have cut everything "cuttable". My thought is this slump would lead to greater technological development in exploration as companies would want to explore cheaper than what it is. Lesser exploration with great advancement would result to a high price in the near future tho might not be in the next year.
Upcoming election in the states is also something that may affect price. I can't tell if it would be positive or negative.

1 Like

Re: Apply For 2015/2016 Shell Petroleum Graduate Programme by davide470(m): 5:37pm On Dec 15, 2015
COOLCATS:
Good points but at present OPEC pumps more than the ceiling. I think it's about 32 now. I don't see it go up but I think it will remain with little +/- changes. I think the interviewers might be looking beyond the commercial side of this i.e demand and supply. It's apparent the energy companies are having a tough time. They have cut everything "cuttable". My thought is this slump would lead to greater technological development in exploration as companies would want to explore cheaper than what it is. Lesser exploration with great advancement would result to a high price in the near future tho might not be in the next year.
Upcoming election in the states is also something that may affect price. I can't tell if it would be positive or negative.
OPEC does not pump more than its ceiling because there is no ceiling, every OPEC member has a quota of production which is being adhered to; Saudi Arabia the highest while Iran is making a grand re-entrance. Also, Oil firms are drastically affected by this slurge as profitability occurs if the cost of producing 1 barrel of Oil is lower than the price of Oil, so greater technological development in exploration might not be feasible at this time.

Also, there is not going to be a Lesser exploration with great advancement if non-OPEC members (US and Brothers) refuses to cut production, instead, OPEC (Saudi Arabia) would call for increase in production, notwithstanding the cost price.

The Oil war, also called "market share war" is between Saudi Arabia and US & Brothers!
Re: Apply For 2015/2016 Shell Petroleum Graduate Programme by ksstroud: 5:45pm On Dec 15, 2015
davide470:
OPEC does not pump more than its ceiling, every OPEC member has a quota of production which is being adhered to; Saudi Arabia the highest while Iran is making a grand re-entrance. Also, Oil firms are drastically affected by this slurge as profitability occurs if the cost of producing 1 barrel of Oil is lower than the price of Oil, so greater technological development in exploration might not be feasible at this time.

Also, there is not going to be a Lesser exploration with great advancement if non-OPEC members (US and Brothers) refuses to cut production, instead, OPEC (Saudi Arabia) would call for increase in production, notwithstanding the cost price.

The Oil war, also called "market share war" is between Saudi Arabia and US & Brothers!

By this, SRD could be a smooth ride... More of it.... grin

1 Like

Re: Apply For 2015/2016 Shell Petroleum Graduate Programme by Omaobe: 6:14pm On Dec 15, 2015
ksstroud:

By this, SRD could be a smooth ride... More of it.... grin
davide470:
OPEC does not pump more than its ceiling, every OPEC member has a quota of production which is being adhered to; Saudi Arabia the highest while Iran is making a grand re-entrance. Also, Oil firms are drastically affected by this slurge as profitability occurs if the cost of producing 1 barrel of Oil is lower than the price of Oil, so greater technological development in exploration might not be feasible at this time.
COOLCATS:
davide470:

I can 100% guarantee you that Shell will never ask you this kind question either during the phone interview or the SRD. Remember, you are being employed as a graduate not as a professional. You can merely discuss this kind question as a brain teaser here. Nothing more!

8 Likes

Re: Apply For 2015/2016 Shell Petroleum Graduate Programme by COOLCATS: 7:07pm On Dec 15, 2015
Omaobe:

I can 100% guarantee you that Shell will never ask you this kind question either during the phone interview or the SRD. Remember, you are being employed as a graduate not as a professional. You can merely discuss this kind question as a brain teaser here. Nothing more!
it is not in the capacity of a professional alone to make hypothesis on what the price of oil would look like in the next year. That is why in the decision making you were asked scenarios only professionals may have answers to.
https://www.glassdoor.com/Interview/Royal-Dutch-Shell-Graduate-Interview-Questions-EI_IE5833.0,17_KO18,26.htm

Re: Apply For 2015/2016 Shell Petroleum Graduate Programme by Hotsemo: 7:13pm On Dec 15, 2015
Omaobe:

and I almost questioned whether I was an applicant like these guys. In any case we're all learning so let the vibe continue.
Re: Apply For 2015/2016 Shell Petroleum Graduate Programme by COOLCATS: 7:17pm On Dec 15, 2015
davide470:

you might need to update yourself on current OPEC production. it is more than 30 mbpd at the moment.
already , we have lesser exploration . many projects have been stalled, rig count lower than ever but I dont think research and development has . expect technology to have effect on prices as fracking is one reason why the price is what it is

Re: Apply For 2015/2016 Shell Petroleum Graduate Programme by dannyabba(m): 7:22pm On Dec 15, 2015
The way the "genre" of this thread just changed...

Observing... grin

1 Like

Re: Apply For 2015/2016 Shell Petroleum Graduate Programme by davide470(m): 7:44pm On Dec 15, 2015
COOLCATS:
you might need to update yourself on current OPEC production. it is more than 30 mbpd at the moment.
already , we have lesser exploration . many projects have been stalled, rig count lower than ever but I dont think research and development has . expect technology to have effect on prices as fracking is one reason why the price is what it is
First: The picture was Production as at 2014. Using Nigeria as an example, we are currently producing less of what was stated, so my "current" production still stands, till Iran 'enter the place'

Second: whenever oil price plunges, the first cost cutting measure is the drastic reduction of explorational activities, and this does not affect production. The rig counts are basically US rigs and the more it drops, the better for "us"

Third: Fracking is a process solely used by the US because of their peculiarity of Oil. No Oil firm outside the US give a hoot about fracking.
Re: Apply For 2015/2016 Shell Petroleum Graduate Programme by COOLCATS: 7:56pm On Dec 15, 2015
davide470:

First: The picture was Production as at 2014. Using Nigeria as an example, we are currently producing less of what was stated, so my "current" production still stands, till Iran 'enter the place'

Second: whenever oil price plunges, the first cost cutting measure is the drastic reduction of explorational activities, and this does not affect production. The rig counts are basically US rigs and the more it drops, the better for "us"

Third: Fracking is a process solely used by the US because of their peculiarity of Oil. No Oil firm outside the US give a hoot about fracking.
@ ur first : http://www.opec.org/opec_web/static_files_project/media/downloads/publications/MOMR_December_2015.pdf see attached the pic.
@ second , its contradicting saying exploration does not affect production.I will assume you meant current production levels. when there is a decline in exploration , in no time you will see a decline in production. oil wells get dried up thats a reason for exploration. Rig counts are not basically US rigs. do you have an idea how many rigs have been stacked in Nigeria alone. I know of an indigenous company that had about 7 rigs on contract as at last year.presently ,there is no rig on contract.
@ 3rd . would you say fracking is not a reason for the present price ? my point is, technology , whether US or not Us would have an effect on oil price.

Re: Apply For 2015/2016 Shell Petroleum Graduate Programme by ksstroud: 8:36pm On Dec 15, 2015
I'm just enjoying this thread, but I still have some oil and gas goons that are ghostmoding this thread... Make I no mention names monikers.
@Davide470 and Coolcats, thumbs up.... You just made me to dig more about oil and gas happenings...
Re: Apply For 2015/2016 Shell Petroleum Graduate Programme by obayaya(m): 8:38pm On Dec 15, 2015
davide470:

Opec is actually pumping above its ceiling now.. And they agreed to continue pumping as much as they can in the last OPEC meeting

1 Like

Re: Apply For 2015/2016 Shell Petroleum Graduate Programme by achiphet(m): 9:24pm On Dec 15, 2015
Hello cheifengr you tried sending me a mail.............you can forward it to achiphet@gmail.com
Re: Apply For 2015/2016 Shell Petroleum Graduate Programme by Nobody: 11:06pm On Dec 15, 2015
davide470:

Fracking can be used to improve producibility for tight reservoirs. The US uses fracking to produce a shale reservoirs, cos these reservoirs has little or no permeability.
Re: Apply For 2015/2016 Shell Petroleum Graduate Programme by Nobody: 11:16pm On Dec 15, 2015
The. Only way oil price will go up is if US oil production goes down, ISIS oil blocked, or Demand goes up, may b due to upsurge in industrial activities in countries like, China, India, Japan, Germany. And again, we shudnt forget tht alternative energy coming into play also contributes to decline in oil demand.
Re: Apply For 2015/2016 Shell Petroleum Graduate Programme by hariorh: 11:34pm On Dec 15, 2015
MyFlair:
The. Only way oil price will go up is if US oil production goes down, ISIS oil blocked, or Demand goes up, may b due to upsurge in industrial activities in countries like, China, India, Japan, Germany. And again, we shudnt forget tht alternative energy coming into play also contributes to decline in oil demand.

The bolded is the most important thing at the moment. Most developed countries are currently looking at alternatives to energy supply in order to reduce the already dying ozone layer and prevent global warming.
Re: Apply For 2015/2016 Shell Petroleum Graduate Programme by Nobody: 12:42am On Dec 16, 2015
COOLCATS:
I will like to modify, I think you meant that "lower cost of exploration and not lesser exploration(passing a msg dat exploration is reduced) as a result of technological advancement will increase the Oil rent and not higher price" price of crude is a function of demand and supply to a large extent, if technology is affecting it at all its going to drop the price further, what technology can do is increase profit which I think shell will be happy about and I'll like to add lower cost of production(function of technology as well).

davide470:
OPEC does not pump more than its ceiling because there is no ceiling, every OPEC member has a quota of production which is being adhered to; Saudi Arabia the highest while Iran is making a grand re-entrance. Also, Oil firms are drastically affected by this slurge as profitability occurs if the cost of producing 1 barrel of Oil is lower than the price of Oil, so greater technological development in exploration might not be feasible at this time
On behalf of geobukky and geobukky I disagree, that is the solution, very feasible... Dats why dy invest alot in R&grin... if they don't drop the cost who will, shey uniport or oau undecided

Omaobe:

Baba fear go catch you wen boiz pieces that question ooo... Berra expect it... It's pure logic... Dy will expect a graduate to know one or two things about it..

COOLCATS:
.... I tink I get d angle you coming from, buh I still vote supply and demand, hydraulic fracking has bin in existence before the Oil price thing start... It's basically used in cases of tight reservoirs to create secondary porosity and importantly enhances permeability
davide470:

The first red: is like telling Cadbury to stop looking for cocoa while dy keep producing bournvita... We all know how dat turns out
Second red: own goal, I think countries besides USA have been using that method before I gained admission (this point I Googled) and nw Dat Saudi is tinkin of biting the idea supply go jam supply with dat dia carbonate system...
Re: Apply For 2015/2016 Shell Petroleum Graduate Programme by Nobody: 12:49am On Dec 16, 2015
And I applaud COOLCATS &davide470... Really learnt... I must confess I read una post like lecture note
Re: Apply For 2015/2016 Shell Petroleum Graduate Programme by DMainMan: 3:08am On Dec 16, 2015
For those interested

APPLY FOR FULL MSC MSC COMMONWEALTH SCHOLARSHIP IN AFRICA & ASIA COUNTRIES

https://www.nairaland.com/2804285/apply-2016-msc-commonwealth-scholarship#41043580

1 Like

Re: Apply For 2015/2016 Shell Petroleum Graduate Programme by drexller(m): 1:02pm On Dec 16, 2015
Dude i rarely comment on NL but this is funny tho .... i know we'v got smart guys here but u really gotta know what it takes to get into the industry as a (graduate trainee) without any connection... ill speak with a little of my experience
1.Its the GRACE of GOD!
2. ALWAYS tailor your detailed CV to the Job description ... u have a little idea of sumfin relevant to the role,dude build a mountain outta it on that CV.
3.be an aptitude test guru cos u will be contending with lots of BAD guys from mad ass universities.
4.know how to sell your self during interviews...humility during interview is a No No for me .... and try as much as possible to be humorous, add a little responsible joke just to cool the tempo(could backfire but if it works ur name sticks to their minds after the interview)
5.keep friends with guys in the industry, dont beg them for money...information is key and always obey the law of attraction.

molibediumss:
I see we have so much oil gurus here...while d olodos re d one in d oil companies....hmmmmmm no b person wey sabi book oooo.....na person wey pass exam

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Apply For 2015/2016 Shell Petroleum Graduate Programme by Nobody: 2:36pm On Dec 16, 2015
drexller:
Dude i rarely comment on NL but this is funny tho .... i know we'v got smart guys here but u really gotta know what it takes to get into the industry as a (graduate trainee) without any connection... ill speak with a little of my experience
1.Its the GRACE of GOD!
2. ALWAYS tailor your detailed CV to the Job description ... u have a little idea of sumfin relevant to the role,dude build a mountain outta it on that CV.
3.be an aptitude test guru cos u will be contending with lots of BAD guys from mad ass universities.
4.know how to sell your self during interviews...humility during interview is a No No for me .... and try as much as possible to be humorous, add a little responsible joke just to cool the tempo(could backfire but if it works ur name sticks to their minds after the interview)
5.keep friends with guys in the industry, dont beg them for money...information is key and always obey the law of attraction.

These are the kind of stuffs that just can't keep me off Nairaland!
Re: Apply For 2015/2016 Shell Petroleum Graduate Programme by Newman365: 3:28pm On Dec 16, 2015
[quote author=drexller post=41055805]Dude i rarely comment on NL but this is funny tho .... i know we'v got smart guys here but u really gotta know what it takes to get into the industry as a (graduate trainee) without any connection... ill speak with a little of my experience
1.Its the GRACE of GOD!

Yes! Boss, you're on point.

(1) (2) (3) ... (58) (59) (60) (61) (62) (63) (64) ... (74) (Reply)

State Security Service (S.S.S) Is Recruiting. / Nigerian Ports Authority Massive Recruitment 2014. / NDLEA Recruitment 2023 Official Thread

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 160
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.