Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,839 members, 7,810,223 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 12:44 AM

Photos: The Beautiful African City Of Windhoek, Capital Of Namibia - Travel (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Photos: The Beautiful African City Of Windhoek, Capital Of Namibia (19955 Views)

Steamer Edouard Bohlen, The 1909 Ship Wreck On The Coast Of Namibia(Photos) / Cleanest African City, Kigali, Rwanda (video) / PHOTOS: The Beauty Of Enugu City (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Photos: The Beautiful African City Of Windhoek, Capital Of Namibia by Menace2Society(m): 1:02am On Feb 17, 2017
Bush people grin wat's so special about this undecided

2 Likes

Re: Photos: The Beautiful African City Of Windhoek, Capital Of Namibia by zikkman: 11:33am On Jun 28, 2017
When it comes to cities, there is a difference between beauty and development. Lagos is larger and more developed than Windhoek. Although, Windhoek is more beautiful than all the Nigerian cities. Nigerian cities lack basic aesthetics (beautification) and organisation.
Take a look at Abuja. We have exotic buildings, but the environment is disorganized, distorted and dirty. The walkways are either blocked or dug. Lagos is entirely another case of an urban jungle, despite the city transformation by Fashola.

2 Likes

Re: Photos: The Beautiful African City Of Windhoek, Capital Of Namibia by MtuMsuper: 3:50pm On Jun 29, 2017
I have been here, yes this is Windhoek. However, as some of you may/ not know Namibia has alot of inequality along racial lines. Most whites are of German and Boer extraction and completely loathe blacks. They treat blacks like crap there and follow you around in department stores, give you 'the look ' at certain bars and restaurants patronised almost fully by whites, some even refuse service or ask you to pay upfront on account of your skin colour! Imagine, in Africa! The whites also still own most of the fertile land they stole from Africans during colonial period and means of production. Some say the movement to correct these imbalances is weak and needs a Robert Mugabe type of leader who doesn't give a hoot about any whining whitey!
Nice people, i wish them well

2 Likes

Re: Photos: The Beautiful African City Of Windhoek, Capital Of Namibia by Nobody: 10:38pm On Jul 01, 2017
MtuMsuper:
I have been here, yes this is Windhoek. However, as some of you may/ not know Namibia has alot of inequality along racial lines. Most whites are of German and Boer extraction and completely loathe blacks. They treat blacks like crap there and follow you around in department stores, give you 'the look ' at certain bars and restaurants patronised almost fully by whites, some even refuse service or ask you to pay upfront on account of your skin colour! Imagine, in Africa! The whites also still own most of the fertile land they stole from Africans during colonial period and means of production. Some say the movement to correct these imbalances is weak and needs a Robert Mugabe type of leader who doesn't give a hoot about any whining whitey!
Nice people, i wish them well
Just as I was about to comment on how awesome Windhoek is, you post sh1t like this.

And btw I was there last month and nothing of what you said above happened while I was there!!
In fact quite the opposite!

2 Likes

Re: Photos: The Beautiful African City Of Windhoek, Capital Of Namibia by owenseddies: 9:39am On Oct 12, 2017
aloinet:
Beautiful city, I hope I get to visit someday. Thanks for sharing cool.
Abuja fine pass this one
Re: Photos: The Beautiful African City Of Windhoek, Capital Of Namibia by samsobo24(m): 7:34pm On Oct 13, 2017
Nigerians with inferiority complex,every state can at least boast of beautiful pictures and places
Re: Photos: The Beautiful African City Of Windhoek, Capital Of Namibia by Nobody: 12:08pm On Jan 04, 2019
[quote author=jln115 post=58032359]
Just as I was about to comment on how awesome Windhoek is, you post sh1t like this. Hello sir,please I will like to enquire few things about Namibia from you. if you don't mind.my email is ewilonco@gmail.com..God bless you
Re: Photos: The Beautiful African City Of Windhoek, Capital Of Namibia by Nobody: 12:10pm On Jan 04, 2019
jln115:

Just as I was about to comment on how awesome Windhoek is, you post sh1t like this.

And btw I was there last month and nothing of what you said above happened while I was there!!
In fact quite the opposite!
. Hello sir,please I will
like to enquire few things about Namibia from you. if you
don't mind.my email is ewilonco@gmail.com..God bless you
(
Re: Photos: The Beautiful African City Of Windhoek, Capital Of Namibia by fifiyin01: 12:15pm On Jan 04, 2019
I'm more concerned about Windhoek. Do you know anyone that helps with Namibian citizenship by birth. Heard their passport is good, I want to give birth there
nrdgeek:
Erm ... please can someone kindly explain how I can attach multiple pictures on NL, thank you.
Re: Photos: The Beautiful African City Of Windhoek, Capital Of Namibia by eodavids(m): 10:15am On Sep 05, 2019
nrdgeek:
and finally

Pls what is the predominant religion in Namibia?
Re: Photos: The Beautiful African City Of Windhoek, Capital Of Namibia by Ttipsy(f): 10:45am On Sep 05, 2019
awesome
Re: Photos: The Beautiful African City Of Windhoek, Capital Of Namibia by Nobody: 8:33pm On Sep 06, 2019
eodavids:

Pls what is the predonant religion in Namibia?
Christianity

1 Like

Re: Photos: The Beautiful African City Of Windhoek, Capital Of Namibia by eodavids(m): 5:09pm On Sep 09, 2019
jln115:
Christianity

OK, noted
Re: Photos: The Beautiful African City Of Windhoek, Capital Of Namibia by eodavids(m): 5:49pm On Sep 09, 2019
jln115:
Christianity

No wonder the places looks and feels so peaceful

1 Like

Re: Photos: The Beautiful African City Of Windhoek, Capital Of Namibia by svich: 9:36am On Nov 18, 2019
Nice thread! has anybody else been there recently am thinking about visiting there.
Re: Photos: The Beautiful African City Of Windhoek, Capital Of Namibia by Nobody: 3:40pm On Nov 18, 2019
svich:
Nice thread! has anybody else been there recently am thinking about visiting there.
I was there in April 2017........Awesome country!!
Re: Photos: The Beautiful African City Of Windhoek, Capital Of Namibia by svich: 3:36pm On Nov 19, 2019
jln115:
I was there in April 2017........Awesome country!!

really!!! nice to here

whats the cost implication like can you give me a range ?
Re: Photos: The Beautiful African City Of Windhoek, Capital Of Namibia by Nobody: 4:46pm On Nov 19, 2019
svich:

really!!! nice to here

whats the cost implication like can you give me a range ?
Well since Im from South Africa, I don't really think i can help you with that, since all I had to pay for was petrol.......And stayed with friends from Namibia who studied with me.

But all and all living costs are very similar to South Africa.

1 Like

Re: Photos: The Beautiful African City Of Windhoek, Capital Of Namibia by Nobody: 4:06am On Jul 17, 2020
Afam4eva:
WOW, this is simply breathtaking. Where exactly did Nigeria get it wrong? With all our money and resources we don't seem to have a city that looks aesthetically appealing.
Re: Photos: The Beautiful African City Of Windhoek, Capital Of Namibia by izito(m): 6:21am On Jul 08, 2021
svich:
Pls have visited because what of those who wanna start business or technical jobs. Like hand work and the rest. I want to relocate there.

(1) (2) (Reply)

How To Get Australia Visa / South West Regional Railway Will Link 44 Cities -DAWN / Passengers Stranded At Rigasa Train Station Kaduna As Booking App Stops Working

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.