Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,845 members, 7,820,942 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 04:18 AM

Using The Word Of God To Resist Temptation - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Using The Word Of God To Resist Temptation (364 Views)

How Do You Resist Temptation? / Charles Obong Buried With N17M In Uganda To Bribe God To Enter Into Heaven / 10 Proven Ways To Overcome Temptation As A Believer (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Using The Word Of God To Resist Temptation by PRINCESSO2: 3:34am On Nov 05, 2015
Just like Jesus did,we Quote the word against it

I st Samuel 2:9-He will keep the feet of his saints, and the wicked shall be silent in darkness; for by strength shall no man prevail.

Psalm 199:11-Thy word have I hid in mine heart, that I might not sin against thee.

John17:17-Sanctify them through thy truth: thy word is truth.

Just like Jesus did,we Quote the word against it

I st Samuel 2:9-He will keep the feet of his saints, and the wicked shall be silent in darkness; for by strength shall no man prevail.

So,how do we resist temptation-
James 4-7Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil, and he will flee from you. 8Draw nigh to God, and he will draw nigh to you.
Ephesians 6:17-

And take the helmet of salvation, and the sword of the Spirit, which is the word of God:

Hebrews 4:

12For the word of God is quick, and powerful, and sharper than any twoedged sword, piercing even to the dividing asunder of soul and spirit, and of the joints and marrow, and is a discerner of the thoughts and intents of the heart. 13Neither is there any creature that is not manifest in his sight: but all things are Unclad and opened unto the eyes of him with whom we have to do

What did Jesus do when he went into the wilderness to be tempted of the devil.
He spoke the word of God.
Then was Jesus led up of the Spirit into the wilderness to be tempted of the devil. 2And when he had fasted forty days and forty nights, he was afterward an hungred. 3And when the tempter came to him, he said, If thou be the Son of God, command that these stones be made bread. 4But he answered and said, It is written, Man shall not live by bread alone, but by every word that proceedeth out of the mouth of God.
The Word of God can help us stop sinning.

But be wise because of Satan might try to use the word of God to trick you as he did in another temptation

9And he brought him to Jerusalem, and set him on a pinnacle of the temple, and said unto him, If thou be the Son of God, cast thyself down from hence:

10For it is written, He shall give his angels charge over thee, to keep thee:

11And in their hands they shall bear thee up, lest at any time thou dash thy foot against a stone.

12And Jesus answering said unto him, It is said, Thou shalt not tempt the Lord thy God.

For pride-James 4:6But he giveth more grace. Wherefore he saith, God resisteth the proud, but giveth grace unto the humble.
Also-
Matthew 23:12-
And whosoever shall exalt himself shall be abased; and he that shall humble himself shall be exalted.

For fear-2 Timothy 1- 7 For God hath not given us the spirit of fear; but of power, and of love, and of a sound mind.

For Sexual immorality -18Flee fornication. Every sin that a man doeth is without the body; but he that committeth fornication sinneth against his own body.

And for those who feel guilty -
There is therefore now no condemnation to them which are in Christ Jesus, who walk not after the flesh, but after the Spirit.

And for behaviour-
1 Peter 5:8-Be sober, be vigilant; because your adversary the devil, as a roaring lion, walketh about, seeking whom he may devour:
To do God will-And to be a doer of the Word-

22But be ye doers of the word, and not hearers only, deceiving your own selves.

Psalm 51:17-

The sacrifices of God are a broken spirit: a broken and a contrite heart, O God, thou wilt not despise.

So you can ask for a clean heart-
Psalm 51:10-

Create in me a clean heart, O God; and renew a right spirit within me.
Re: Using The Word Of God To Resist Temptation by Nobody: 3:55am On Nov 05, 2015
Nice one!
Re: Using The Word Of God To Resist Temptation by fzero: 4:44am On Nov 05, 2015
Awesome.!!!
Re: Using The Word Of God To Resist Temptation by PRINCESSO2: 8:03am On Nov 05, 2015
It is all the Lord's doing

(1) (Reply)

Sunday Ponder Awhile(food For Thought) / The Bridge Is Out! / Are You Dealing With Anger?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.