Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,039 members, 7,818,073 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 06:56 AM

Top 10 Female Vocalists In Nigeria(photos) - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Top 10 Female Vocalists In Nigeria(photos) (40943 Views)

Top 10 Female Celebrities That Love To Show Off Their Cleavage (photos) / Take It Or Leave It,these Are Nigeria’s “TOP 7” Female Vocalists / For These 10 Female Celebs, Every Day Is No Bra Day (PHOTOS) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Top 10 Female Vocalists In Nigeria(photos) by JAZES(m): 7:27am On Nov 05, 2015
Nigeria is filled with super talented female singers. From the mainstream pop singers to the traditional RnB soul singing divas, to the pidgin english singing ladies that reach the core of the Nigerian audience.
You want it, you got it with the talent base we have here. In an industry dominated by male artists,
these female stars have done well to stand out and be some of the biggest names in Nigerian entertainment through the talent,
and most especially their hard-work and consistency.

So we, in our humble opinion and with input from some industry experts, have compiled a list of the Top 10 Female singers in Nigeria based on Vocal Ability, Lyrics and Delivery, Mainstream Acceptability, Consistency, and Commercial style.
So here goes….

Cynthia Morgan

Cynthia Ikponmwenosa Morgan (born 23 September 1991), popularly known by her stage name Cynthia Morgan, is a Nigerian born songwriter and singer whose style of music is a fusion of pop, hip hop, dancehall and rap.
She came into limelight following the release of her singles “Don’t Break My Heart” and “Lead Me On”,
both of which received significant airplay.

Ruby Gyang

Ruby Gyang has been known as great singer since her days in secondary school, and her mini feature appearances in MI, and Jesse Jagz songs. However it wasn’t until she released her “debut” single, Okay that everyone else in Nigeria got to experience what Ruby carries in her voice box. She’s also gathering up a big fan base, and the award nominations for her follow up singles, Down and Good Man are indications that her career is taking off. For her core fans, it’s something they all knew was going to happen sooner or later. The rest of us are just now catching up.

Niyola

Niyola is now starting to make her mark on the Nigerian music industry, but if you think she’s a newbie, you’re very mistaken.
Niyola has been doing music since she was 8, and in 2000 emerged at the first runner up in the AMEN starlet competition. She later linked up with Trybe records, and then Westside music where she released her debut album with singles Me n U, No More and Dem Say.
Her profile took a serious upturn when she signed with EME and everyone really started taking notice. Her single Toh Bad became her IT song, and show cased not only her singing ability, but her ability to convey emotions through her song so effortlessly.
Song writing wise she’s also quite stellar, and her subsequent singles, No Comment, Love To Love You, and Last Bus Stop have done well to cement her name as one of the top divas in Nigerian music.

http://www.onlineleaks247.com/index.php/2015/11/04/top-10-female-vocalists-in-nigeria/
CC: laalsticlala, ishilove

1 Share

Re: Top 10 Female Vocalists In Nigeria(photos) by camanito(m): 7:29am On Nov 05, 2015
Nice
Re: Top 10 Female Vocalists In Nigeria(photos) by nuelzy: 7:31am On Nov 05, 2015
female vocalists u said...??
wetin niyola come dey do dere

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Top 10 Female Vocalists In Nigeria(photos) by JAZES(m): 7:33am On Nov 05, 2015
Seyi Shay

Seyi Shay is a solid entertainment brand. Her vocals are solid, and so is her work lyrically but it’s her versatility, and mass appeal that put her in a unique box. She can switch from traditional RnB to Reggae to Pop and not drop in quality. Over the past couple of years she’s won me over, and I’m now a big fan. This singer/songwriter’s journey started in the UK where she was part of the musical group, Boadicea, and later From Above. She hit the scene in Nigeria with singles, Loving Your Way, No Lele, and Irawo, but it wasn’t until her single, Murda that she really struck serious gold. The platform is set for her to potentially dominate, and so far she’s making all the right moves to do so.

Yemi Alade

Yemi Alade might not yet be the King of Queens, as her album title states, but she’s well on the road to being that. Yemi Alade’s ability to cut deep into Nigerian pop music is one of her most unique qualities with widely accepted singles, Johnny, Ghen Ghen Love, and Tangerine. But let’s not get it twisted, the girl can blow when it comes to vocals. One listen to Farabale on DJ Klem’s AfroFunkyDiscoSoul will convince you that she’s got serious gold in her wind pipes. Probably the most impressive thing about Yemi Alade is her evolution since she broke into the scene back in 2010. She’s constantly grown, and improved on every aspect of her music, which leads me to believe as highly rated as she is now, the best is yet to come

Chidinma
This Project Fame winner from 2010 hit the ground running right after she was crowned with the hit single, Jankolikoko featuring Sound Sultan. Though she’s not your stereotypical vocalist, she knows how to deliver songs in a way that every class of people in Nigeria can rock with. Her single, Kedike has become her trademark tune winning her awards after awards including Best Female West African Act at the KORA awards in 2012, and giving her the tag name Ms Kedike. Following that up shortly after with another mega hit Emi Ni Baller. Her more recent singles, Oh Baby, Jolie, and Kite have done well to keep her status at a consistent level. Giving her all the makings of someone that’ll be around for the long haul.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Top 10 Female Vocalists In Nigeria(photos) by JAZES(m): 7:35am On Nov 05, 2015
Waje

You can bring up the discussion about who the best female singer in Nigeria is right now, and I’m 100% sure Waje’s name will always come up. She’s an amazing singer by any standards. Like the acronym to her name, Word Just Aren’t Enough to describe what she brings to the table. Her vocals are outstanding, lyrics are catchy , live performances are ridic and likability is… well.. ask anyone who’s met her. Those who are her core fans, have known about her abilities for a while, since the days of Do Me with P-Square, Kolo and For A Minute, but the rest of Nigeria took serious notice after her duet with MI, One Naira in 2011. Her album, Word Aren’t Just Enough with singles, Onye, I Wish, and Na The Way, and post album single, Omini Knowest, has helped cement her as one of the major players in the music industry, and a force to be reckoned with for years to come. She’s paid her dues and her shinning period is well deserved.

Asa

When it comes to Asa, there’re different schools of thought as to where to place in terms of female singers in Nigeria. For us, she’s up there. While she might not sound like your stereotypical RnB singer, she’s unrivaled in pure musical ingenuity. She’s something like a complete musician. Writing, composing, and orchestrating her sounds to fit the kind of music she wants to put out. Her debut album, Asa, is considered a classic, and one of the best albums put in Nigeria in the past decade. But more important that any of these is her consistency. With the release of her album, Bed Of Stone, Asa has put out 3 solid albums that have not only appealed to the local audience but internationally as well. She might be our best musical export right now.

4 Likes

Re: Top 10 Female Vocalists In Nigeria(photos) by JAZES(m): 7:39am On Nov 05, 2015
Tiwa Savage

Looking for a Nigerian female artist with “star” written all over them? Look no further than Mrs Tiwa Savage Balogun. I mean really it was hard not to sneak her into the #1 spot, but I’m sure she wont complain too much about being #2. At least on our humble list. Her singing ability is never in question, lyrically she’s solid, performance wise she’s outstanding, and the star quality/commercial acceptability surrounding her is beaming to the skies. Her album, Once Upon A Time, released last year is packed with major mainstream singles Eminado (arguably one of the hottest songs last year), Olorun Mi, Folarin to add to the mega hits Kele Kele Love, Love Me (x3) she burst onto the scene with.
Quite frankly her list of songs are getting endless not to talk of outstanding features she’s done.
And Awards? They’re way too many to name, but when you’re nominated for the BET international act award, you know you’ve made it.

Omawumi
The Mommy of Divas in the new generation of Nigerian music! Omawonder as she is often called has been a consistent force in Nigerian music since she burst onto the scene in 2007 after finishing 1st runner up in West African Idol. What makes Omawumi so special is her unique ability to appeal to every class of people in Nigeria, and Africa as a whole. Her choice of language to sing in (pre-dominantly pidgin) means that the woman that’s a company CEO and the man selling bushmeat on the road can relate to her music very well. Add her vocal range, great lyrics (both playful and serious) and enticing stage performances, it’s easy to see why she’s so loved in Nigeria. With albums, Wonder Woman (with singles Today na Today, Chocolata, and Love Nwantinti), and The Lasso Of Truth (singles Bottom Belle, If You Ask Me, I Go Go) plus other post album singles, under her belt, and countless awards and nominations, it’s easy to see how Omawumi is the number 1 highest paid female performer in Nigeria

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Top 10 Female Vocalists In Nigeria(photos) by Nobody: 7:41am On Nov 05, 2015
Love Asa so much

27 Likes 1 Share

Re: Top 10 Female Vocalists In Nigeria(photos) by drizslim(m): 8:24am On Nov 05, 2015
That Girl Seyi Shay Is Talented And Beautiful

Omawumi is Overrated Cos Dija Should Have Taken That Place

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Top 10 Female Vocalists In Nigeria(photos) by Nobody: 9:34am On Nov 05, 2015
how can you put cynthia morgan as number one
and who is ruby gyang??

32 Likes 1 Share

Re: Top 10 Female Vocalists In Nigeria(photos) by Nobody: 9:38am On Nov 05, 2015
Tiwa is d best,she has a very good voice
I like all her songs

Seyi shay -i like murda
Niyola-i like toh bad

Who is ruby gyang?
I want wizkid and tiwa savage to sing love my baby remix

Listening to b*tch better have my money by tiwa savage

7 Likes

Re: Top 10 Female Vocalists In Nigeria(photos) by ellahzy(f): 9:41am On Nov 05, 2015
Tiwa is #1

Waje is #2

Seyi is #3

7 Likes

Re: Top 10 Female Vocalists In Nigeria(photos) by kayo80(m): 9:43am On Nov 05, 2015
drizslim:

MY THOUGHTS EXACTLY!!!
Re: Top 10 Female Vocalists In Nigeria(photos) by kayo80(m): 9:45am On Nov 05, 2015
Numero Uno is Tiwa Savage, and at second place is Seyi Shay...the rest can come after.

2 Likes

Re: Top 10 Female Vocalists In Nigeria(photos) by Nobody: 10:20am On Nov 05, 2015
omawunmi highest paid that might be possible but how many show she dey go...is d rate fast..mtcheww...tiwa , sheyi and yemi should be 1 2 and 3 respectively

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Top 10 Female Vocalists In Nigeria(photos) by JAZES(m): 3:36pm On Nov 05, 2015
Oyind17:
Love Asa so much
Gbam

5 Likes

Re: Top 10 Female Vocalists In Nigeria(photos) by ClassCaptain(m): 3:46pm On Nov 05, 2015
What of Saint Janet
Tonto Dike nko ??
I cannot continue with u...Oo..

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Top 10 Female Vocalists In Nigeria(photos) by JAZES(m): 4:03pm On Nov 05, 2015
ClassCaptain:
What of Saint Janet

Tonto Dike nko ??

I cannot continue with u...Oo..

Saint Janet ko, salawe abeni ni.... cheesy cheesy

27 Likes 1 Share

Re: Top 10 Female Vocalists In Nigeria(photos) by Nobody: 7:51pm On Nov 05, 2015
The likes of Mocheddah, Di'ja, Simi and Eva kwanu?

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Top 10 Female Vocalists In Nigeria(photos) by damton(m): 4:24pm On Nov 06, 2015
Asa remains one of Nigeria's greatest

18 Likes

Re: Top 10 Female Vocalists In Nigeria(photos) by tunwumi: 4:25pm On Nov 06, 2015
V
Re: Top 10 Female Vocalists In Nigeria(photos) by faithfancy: 4:25pm On Nov 06, 2015
Am next in line
Re: Top 10 Female Vocalists In Nigeria(photos) by osaslord500(m): 4:25pm On Nov 06, 2015
Cynthia
Re: Top 10 Female Vocalists In Nigeria(photos) by veekid(m): 4:25pm On Nov 06, 2015
seen
Re: Top 10 Female Vocalists In Nigeria(photos) by tola9ja: 4:26pm On Nov 06, 2015
click like for Aisha buhari

share for patient

49 Likes 22 Shares

Re: Top 10 Female Vocalists In Nigeria(photos) by mebad(m): 4:27pm On Nov 06, 2015
q

1 Like

Re: Top 10 Female Vocalists In Nigeria(photos) by rawpadgin(m): 4:28pm On Nov 06, 2015
drizslim:

are u cheating me
Re: Top 10 Female Vocalists In Nigeria(photos) by bigv(m): 4:28pm On Nov 06, 2015
Nice!
Re: Top 10 Female Vocalists In Nigeria(photos) by bigv(m): 4:28pm On Nov 06, 2015
Kk
Re: Top 10 Female Vocalists In Nigeria(photos) by Nobody: 4:29pm On Nov 06, 2015
Na wa o.

Wetin Cynthia Morgan dey find for there biko?

2 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Klint Da Drunk And His Wife Strike A Pose / Funmi Iyanda Throws Shade At DonJazzy ? (see Tweet) / Empress Njamah Rocks Baby Bump

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.