Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,904 members, 7,810,480 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 09:48 AM

5 Regrettable Things You Should Never Do As New Students - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / 5 Regrettable Things You Should Never Do As New Students (704 Views)

Faculty Of Pharmaceutical Sciences, ABU, Zaria Graduates New Students / Crawford University Matriculates 315 New Students / Here Is The 2015/2016 School Fees Circular For Aau New Students, Full Time. Ful (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

5 Regrettable Things You Should Never Do As New Students by eniolabsc: 7:31am On Nov 05, 2015
After all the huzzle and struggle of JAMB and POSTJAMB, You finally made it, or probably about to. This is a story of many, but a story of few you probably never had was how they lost their admission, headaches of catching up with school activities and even rustication.
This post was written so prevent you from having same bad experience. Its short and precise, but if you stick to it - it will 100% help and guide you.

1. When the time for registration starts, Never wait till the next day to start. I remember my time, I waited till the third day and before the cue got to me it was till the 2nd week. The population was much, and there is high probability it will be low the first day.

2. Photocopy All You Documents....Never have a document of school that's not photocopied. A time will come, you will need them.

3. Do not Forget the place of God....It sounds low, but its God that brought you till now. Download this app, its new and I recommend it to everyone, especially you reading this - http://www.lavierier.com/apps/express.apk .

4. Never Ignore The Library....Even when you have enough resources at home, for the first 3weeks atleast, visit the library. Dont forget to download - http://www.lavierier.com/apps/express.apk . It was created by a student like you. which will lead to the 5th point.

5. Never let book overwhelm you, that you forget to improve on your skills. This student developed this mobile app while in school - (Link was posted above). You also can develop yours and improve on it.
Re: 5 Regrettable Things You Should Never Do As New Students by eniolabsc: 7:37am On Nov 05, 2015
Kindly post your comments, if you have questions- on admission or any others.
Re: 5 Regrettable Things You Should Never Do As New Students by acenazt: 7:39am On Nov 05, 2015
Good advice. But let me give a better advice. Dont go for lectures, womanize,attend every social function FLEX TO THE FULLEST!!!

The Dumb ones will do the opposite.
I hope they understand
Re: 5 Regrettable Things You Should Never Do As New Students by eniolabsc: 7:46am On Nov 05, 2015
acenazt:
Good advice. But let me give a better advice. Dont go for lectures, womanize,attend every social function FLEX TO THE FULLEST!!!

The Dumb ones will do the opposite.
I hope they understand

Thats a good advice oooo bro..

1 Like

Re: 5 Regrettable Things You Should Never Do As New Students by ayogabriel(m): 7:52am On Nov 05, 2015
As for registration, don't rush your self take your time, as far as you have paid the fees, the rush isn't worth it trust me, just make sure you are well informed. Most time registration blah blah, I just hold on and do it at my pace, except if it's something that has to do with first come, first serve
Re: 5 Regrettable Things You Should Never Do As New Students by adaptter: 7:58am On Nov 05, 2015
Both the poster and ayogabriel... study the way the school do things. In my school, its best to go early...And the app, I have downloaded it. Its really an awesome app, and a top notch design. I love it and already sharing with my friends. Kudos to the developer. I recommend you also download am and see for yourself.
Re: 5 Regrettable Things You Should Never Do As New Students by adaptter: 8:12am On Nov 05, 2015
grin grin
Re: 5 Regrettable Things You Should Never Do As New Students by eniolabsc: 8:34am On Nov 05, 2015
I agree with you....@adaptters and ayogabriel
Re: 5 Regrettable Things You Should Never Do As New Students by adaptter: 9:08am On Nov 05, 2015
yes boss
Re: 5 Regrettable Things You Should Never Do As New Students by kindMod: 9:40am On Nov 05, 2015
Hmm, what about the collections of past student notes.. do you recommend that?
Re: 5 Regrettable Things You Should Never Do As New Students by slideProgrammer: 10:08am On Nov 05, 2015
I guess it depends of your school...some schools make new curriculums

(1) (Reply)

Talented Nigerian Boy Constructs A Mini-jet: See Photos / (IMSU) 2015/2016 ADMISSION FORM, Part- Time Form, Pre- Degree Form,diploma / Ships & Ports 2015 ESSAY COMPETITION

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.