Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,307 members, 7,819,042 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 10:26 AM

SUPER Bright head lights?? HID conversion kits For Your Car (WITH PICTURES) - Autos - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Autos / SUPER Bright head lights?? HID conversion kits For Your Car (WITH PICTURES) (4624 Views)

Upgrade Now To Car HID Xenon Headlight! (High Intensity Discharge Bulb) / Selling Engine Control Units(brain Box) For All Cars With Pictures. / RHD To LHD Conversion - The Facts. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

SUPER Bright head lights?? HID conversion kits For Your Car (WITH PICTURES) by HIDs: 12:48pm On May 12, 2009
High Intensity Discharge (HID), 6000K, upgrade for your stock headlamps now available.

Did you ever see those SUPER bright head lamps from all the new model cars?? Well they are all HIDs and with this conversion kit you can get the same SUPER bright light out of your headlamps. You will be able to see much further with the light from the HIDs which is over 3 times the intensity of conventional Halogen bulbs.

These are not just a "xenon" bulb replacement but the real thing. (you can google HID lighting upgrade and get more info)

Each kit comes with 2 HID bulbs, power ballast, wiring loom and all the necessary hardware to install.

The kits are bulb specific you you have to specify the existing bulb in your car when ordering.

We have the single beam kits for $100 and the dual beam kits for $150 (or equivalent)

Send me an email with your exact requirement if you want to place an order at hidsnaija@gmail.com or call me on 07028587111 and we'll be in touch with you.

We are located in Ikeja in Lagos and offer is based on stock availability

Below are some pictures:
1st is of Halogen bulbs
2nd is of the HIDs
3rd is of the filament in a halogen bulb
4th is of the light emitted by the HID

Re: SUPER Bright head lights?? HID conversion kits For Your Car (WITH PICTURES) by HIDs: 7:11am On May 13, 2009
Kits look like this:

Re: SUPER Bright head lights?? HID conversion kits For Your Car (WITH PICTURES) by 190yaris(m): 8:58am On May 13, 2009
@post
Hi there
im interested in purchasing
the single HID bulb,
please email me @ karen_snyders@yahoo.ie
im @ benin
so hw can i get it!
Re: SUPER Bright head lights?? HID conversion kits For Your Car (WITH PICTURES) by Nobody: 9:55am On May 13, 2009
Mr HID, please be accurate in your description.

HID kits should not [/b]be retrofitted to non-projector headlamps. You'll end up with no beam pattern, and this will dazzle oncoming traffic. It's possible to make a wrongly HID-equipped car unsafe to other road users!

If the car has the later generation projector headlamps, (often also referred to as "ellipsoid" units) then they are perfect for the retrofitting of HID's. In these units, the beam pattern is determined by the projector as well as the HID bulbs. Regular non-projector glass headlamps rely on the prismatic pattern on the lenses, and the shrouds built into the regular halogen bulbs for beam pattern. HID bulbs do [b]not [/b]have the internal shrouds, nor prismatic lenses. The lenses are generally clear polycarbonate / plastic.

Then, we come to dual HID's.

HID bulbs do [b]not
respond instantly to being switched on, as regular halogens do - there's a delay before maximum output is achieved (warm-up phase).

This means they are NOT suitable for main beam, as you lose the ability to signal other road users by "flashing." The HID ballasts also do not tolerate the rapid cycling action of flashing, as they don't charge up fully before the driver releases the switch. These ballasts soon break down.

Modern cars with Bi-Xenon (twin HID) headlamps employ a "shutter" within the units. So in actual fact, the main HID is always switched on once the engine's running, operating the flashing action merely opens and closes the shutter, in pretty much the same way a camera does, so rapid "cycling" of the main beam ballast isn't an issue any longer.

1 Like

Re: SUPER Bright head lights?? HID conversion kits For Your Car (WITH PICTURES) by Nobody: 9:58am On May 13, 2009
Also worth noting, the optimum heat value (Kelvin) for maximum lumen output is 4300k.

4300k is standard on production cars, any higher, the lumen output is actually reduced, as the lighting spectrum goes from a crisp white to blue / purple.
Re: SUPER Bright head lights?? HID conversion kits For Your Car (WITH PICTURES) by sojioguns(m): 10:33am On May 13, 2009
Very educative post there Siena.
@HIDs, would your kit be safe to fit on a 2004 Volvo S60? Siena, pls confirm.
@Siena, I have created a thread as per engine oil requirements for my Volvo S60. The manual recommends 10W30 viscosity for hot temperatures but the only oils I found with good quality in Nigeria are 20W50 (Mobil XHP) and 0W40 (Mobil 1 SuperSyn).
I tried changing the oil with the 20W50 but it was too thick for the car. MPG dropped significantly and I could feel the car struggling (more like trying to swim through mud). I am guessing it reduces wear better than thinner oils but I am not willing to pay that kind of MPG drop for it.

1 Like

Re: SUPER Bright head lights?? HID conversion kits For Your Car (WITH PICTURES) by HIDs: 10:42am On May 13, 2009
@190yaris, Pls check your email.

@ Mr Siena,
While I defer to your knowledgeable exposition, I will suggest that you find out all facts about an issue before you make categorical statements.

Just so you know, our Dual Beam (High and low beam) lamp upgrades employ only one lamp which moves into the focal point of the lamp (For beam) and out of it for the dip function. The movement of the bulb is initiated by your flicking the lamp switch from the dip to the beam position. So fast flickering IS possible. A solenoid located at the base of the bulb does the actuation.

On the color, while you are right that the 4300K colour is the brightest (with 3100lumens) the 6000K (2900lumens) is still more than 3 times brighter that the conventional 55w filament bulb (about 800 to 900 lumens), with the added "benefit" of a crisp blueish hue.

Generally, installing an HID system could lean to scattering of the light when fitted to a non projector housing. However, this is purely to the discretion of thee owner.
Re: SUPER Bright head lights?? HID conversion kits For Your Car (WITH PICTURES) by Nobody: 3:01pm On May 13, 2009
HIDs:

@ Mr Siena,
While I defer to your knowledgeable exposition, I will suggest that you find out all facts about an issue before you make categorical statements.

Mr HID, whilst I appreciate your posts, the facts are clear, HID bulbs are non-shrouded, so will not work with conventional parabolic headlamps and prismatic lenses. It's a scientific fact. It's been a long time since I sat in a Physics class, but there are aspects of optics that one never forgets.

HIDs:

Just so you know, our Dual Beam (High and low beam) lamp upgrades employ only one lamp which moves into the focal point of the lamp (For beam) and out of it for the dip function. The movement of the bulb is initiated by your flicking the lamp switch from the dip to the beam position. So fast flickering IS possible. A solenoid located at the base of the bulb does the actuation.

That's good, just the way it should be, the solenoid / shutter concept wasn't explained initially, my apologies.

HIDs:

Generally, installing an HID system could lean to scattering of the light when fitted to a non projector housing. However, this is purely to the discretion of thee owner.

Yes, beam scatter is bad, especially on a whitish / sandy road at night, it blinds the driver himself, and is a major annoyance to oncoming traffic.
And I realise it's at the discretion of buyers, but if you don't educate them as per the drawbacks of HID in non-compatible parabolic headlamps with prismatic lenses, they'll be none the wiser.

So, you as a seller have a moral, if not legal obligation to keep your clients informed, and not use their ignorance to your advantage. We can't put profit over safety, especially when the safety aspects could be tragic - it's not fun suddenly coming round a corner on a pitch black night, only to be suddenly blinded by headlamps that have no means of containing the beams, due to having HID's fitted to incompatible headlamps.

Bar the issues I've raised, I'd say your product's fine.
Re: SUPER Bright head lights?? HID conversion kits For Your Car (WITH PICTURES) by Nobody: 3:08pm On May 13, 2009
sojioguns:

Very educative post there Siena.
@HIDs, would your kit be safe to fit on a 2004 Volvo S60? Siena, pls confirm.

Perfectly safe to run HID's in your '04 Volvo S60 - if it has projector headlamps fitted as standard.
Your car could well have regular non-projector units, as projectors were standard on the S60-R, and optional on all other models.
Re: SUPER Bright head lights?? HID conversion kits For Your Car (WITH PICTURES) by HIDs: 3:53pm On May 13, 2009
Siena:

Bar the issues I've raised, I'd say your product's fine.[/color]

Thank you for your recommendations.

I did mention the following as I expect serious people to do their home work and not rely on a sales pitch.:
HIDs:

These are not just a "xenon" bulb replacement but the real thing. (you can google HID lighting upgrade and get more info)

Never the less, who's buying!!! grin
Re: SUPER Bright head lights?? HID conversion kits For Your Car (WITH PICTURES) by 190yaris(m): 11:32pm On May 13, 2009
@Hid
can dis work on a special 190 headlite! grin grin
Re: SUPER Bright head lights?? HID conversion kits For Your Car (WITH PICTURES) by HIDs: 7:00am On May 14, 2009
190yaris:

@Hid
can dis work on a special 190 headlite! grin grin

Define "special" and state the type of bulb in the headlight housing!
Re: SUPER Bright head lights?? HID conversion kits For Your Car (WITH PICTURES) by 190: 3:39pm On May 14, 2009
just this latest crystal lite!
it dosent boast of all these beam
or wotever that this ur HID boast of
can it still worK!
Re: SUPER Bright head lights?? HID conversion kits For Your Car (WITH PICTURES) by Nobody: 4:05pm On May 14, 2009
@ 190:

I think Mr HID's referring to what sort of bulbs your car's currently running in dipped beam.

H1
H4
H7

?
Re: SUPER Bright head lights?? HID conversion kits For Your Car (WITH PICTURES) by HIDs: 6:22pm On May 14, 2009
Siena:

@ 190:

I think Mr HID's referring to what sort of bulbs your car's currently running in dipped beam.

H1
H4
H7

?

Thanks sir!!
Re: SUPER Bright head lights?? HID conversion kits For Your Car (WITH PICTURES) by ubysino: 3:59am On May 15, 2009
See type of Bulbs with the link blow
e.g pic oh H7

www.1stautobulbs.com/ImageThumbs.php

Re: SUPER Bright head lights?? HID conversion kits For Your Car (WITH PICTURES) by 190: 8:01am On May 15, 2009
it uses h7
kinda bulb
Re: SUPER Bright head lights?? HID conversion kits For Your Car (WITH PICTURES) by HIDs: 11:33pm On May 17, 2009
Were all all the people who want this kit??
Re: SUPER Bright head lights?? HID conversion kits For Your Car (WITH PICTURES) by 190: 5:41am On May 18, 2009
@Hid
ok how can i get dis!
im @ benin!
Re: SUPER Bright head lights?? HID conversion kits For Your Car (WITH PICTURES) by HIDs: 11:27pm On May 19, 2009
you still have not stated the type of bulb you have in your car.

As soon as you do, you can give us the preferred method of shipping which we add to your cost and send down to you.
Re: SUPER Bright head lights?? HID conversion kits For Your Car (WITH PICTURES) by HIDs: 1:55pm On Jun 30, 2009
New Stock just arrived!!! Dont miss out on this batch.

And for you car dealers, install the HIDs in your cars and offer your clients something above the ordinary.
Re: SUPER Bright head lights?? HID conversion kits For Your Car (WITH PICTURES) by HIDs: 6:02am On Jul 01, 2009
Here is a picture of an installation done on a motorcycle!!! The before (yellow "dull" light) and after pictures (Super bright crisp white light) speak for themselves.

Re: SUPER Bright head lights?? HID conversion kits For Your Car (WITH PICTURES) by arsenal4va(m): 9:10am On Jul 01, 2009
how much is it ? and who does the installation and at what price ?

send me a mail if you are not comfortable posting the price here

asoo16@hotmail.com

thx
Re: SUPER Bright head lights?? HID conversion kits For Your Car (WITH PICTURES) by HIDs: 10:15am On Jul 01, 2009
arsenal4va:

how much is it ? and who does the installation and at what price ?

send me a mail if you are not comfortable posting the price here

asoo16@hotmail.com

thx

Sir, kindly check your mail.
Re: SUPER Bright head lights?? HID conversion kits For Your Car (WITH PICTURES) by HIDs: 9:00pm On Jul 01, 2009
Thanks for all the calls and questions guys!! Like I said, you can come and physically see a demo and make up your mind for yourself!!
Re: SUPER Bright head lights?? HID conversion kits For Your Car (WITH PICTURES) by HIDs: 11:05pm On Jul 03, 2009
Seun, thanks for your mail. You have a reply.
Re: SUPER Bright head lights?? HID conversion kits For Your Car (WITH PICTURES) by HIDs: 2:45pm On Jul 16, 2009
Just Installed a 4 runner!!

Nice right??

Re: SUPER Bright head lights?? HID conversion kits For Your Car (WITH PICTURES) by lalalicious55(m): 11:25pm On Feb 04, 2013
Do u have for volkswagon polo 2005 model
Re: SUPER Bright head lights?? HID conversion kits For Your Car (WITH PICTURES) by Nobody: 12:19am On Feb 05, 2013
$100 and $150?, hmm, this stuff is 9k here in ph and far less in ABA, ask other people in this towns undecided undecided

(1) (Reply)

Toyota Corolla 2008 XLi (1.8 VVTi) - REDUCED FURTHER TO 2.3M Mint Condition !! / 2013 Toyota Venza LE *cotonou Clean Cars,make Your Enquiries Today / ✅✅✅✅✅✅✅✅brand New 2020 BMW 730li -mpower M7..call For Price (serious Clients Pls

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.