Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,166,889 members, 7,866,395 topics. Date: Thursday, 20 June 2024 at 04:39 PM

GRA Phase3, Port Harcourt After Rainfall (Photos) - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / GRA Phase3, Port Harcourt After Rainfall (Photos) (36333 Views)

Pictures Of Flooded Streets Of Port Harcourt After Yesterday’s Rain / Enugu Flooded After Heavy Rainfall (Photos) / The Deadly Condition Of Ejigbo After Heavy Rainfall (PHOTOS) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: GRA Phase3, Port Harcourt After Rainfall (Photos) by trapQ: 4:51pm On Nov 05, 2015
What is your problem. The O.P said that's what he saw, so why nagging on the issue. Many parts of PH look like this during or after rainfall. He said he took the picture hours after it stopped raining, is that new?
maxdozie:

U too shut up I stay in. pH also

Mr man since you argue a lot Go back their now and post pictures of that same road!
Fast!!
Re: GRA Phase3, Port Harcourt After Rainfall (Photos) by trapQ: 5:11pm On Nov 05, 2015
You're the one who is petty here. Who is comparing states? The fact that some other states experience worse conditions doesn't make this good. What is bad is bad.
melodies:
The Op is petty. Please he should post pics of roads in his own State after rainfall and post pics of GRA 3 after rainfall and let's see. PH has drainages and well built roads, so nobody should try to confuse others who have never been there. Anyone in doubt should come to PH and verify. I went to Imo and verified the horrible condition of roads there.

Mischief is 2nd nature to some
Re: GRA Phase3, Port Harcourt After Rainfall (Photos) by melodies: 5:40pm On Nov 05, 2015
He shouldn't mislead the public with pictures taken while it is still raining!!!!
That is why the term STORM WATER was coined to describe it. Even in developed countries it occurs.

As far as I'm concerned, he was being petty

trapQ:
You're the one who is petty here. Who is comparing states? The fact that some other states experience worse conditions doesn't make this good. What is bad is bad.
Re: GRA Phase3, Port Harcourt After Rainfall (Photos) by Mrtesso: 6:20pm On Nov 05, 2015
The arguments so far have excluded the real problems; some ignorant, fool hardy and demented residents of these areas. From my perspective, Even with the most broadened drainages or the most structurally linked gutters, these gullible residents dispose refuse indiscriminately and sometimes right into the gutters. The drainages get clogged and eventually water can not flow. I stand to be corrected, but I'm certain that 80% of the flooding experienced is caused by this singular factor.

The solution shud start from the residents, pedestrians, those callous drivers that empty waste from their vehicles into the gutters other than the waste bins; imbibing the courtesy of proper refuse disposal.

Meanwhile the state waste management authority should provide sizeable bins at strategic places to ensure that they are easily accessible to pedestrians and sundry users. The previous administration had something similar in place. They were however sabotaged by miscreants and some other persons I'm not at liberty to mention.

Again, sensitization and orientation should be done and laws put in place to punish offenders.

1 Like

Re: GRA Phase3, Port Harcourt After Rainfall (Photos) by Nobody: 6:53pm On Nov 05, 2015
femeritus:
When I took these pictures, I had waited for over 2 hours after the rain and the water level had gone down yet it was still like this. More pictures.
this one small na,come mile 3 diobu
Re: GRA Phase3, Port Harcourt After Rainfall (Photos) by Nobody: 6:57pm On Nov 05, 2015
Drainage failure.
Re: GRA Phase3, Port Harcourt After Rainfall (Photos) by trapQ: 8:44pm On Nov 05, 2015
and how many developed countries have you been, to verify your claim?

that is a "very very very rare" occurrence in the developed world. and mostly even occurs in rural areas. For this to be happening every time it rains in a major city like PH only shows how backward and primitive Nigeria is.
melodies:
He shouldn't mislead the public with pictures taken while it is still raining!!!!
That is why the term STORM WATER was coined to describe it. Even in developed countries it occurs.

As far as I'm concerned, he was being petty

Re: GRA Phase3, Port Harcourt After Rainfall (Photos) by ibiso1986: 11:08pm On Nov 05, 2015
evegran:
Op someone said you're lying about this thread...I thought GRA in PH was like one of the best areas and had a good drainage.
yeah.. OLD GRA only
Re: GRA Phase3, Port Harcourt After Rainfall (Photos) by Duru1(m): 11:20pm On Nov 05, 2015
The animals in the zoo called Nigeria should not worry about river roads in Port Harcout. After all, the state is appropriately named Rivers State.
Re: GRA Phase3, Port Harcourt After Rainfall (Photos) by melodies: 1:33pm On Nov 06, 2015
Whether rural or not, you have just agreed that it occurs in developed countries. QED

trapQ:
and how many developed countries have you been, to verify your claim?

that is a "very very very rare" occurrence in the developed world. and mostly even occurs in rural areas. For this to be happening every time it rains in a major city like PH only shows how backward and primitive Nigeria is.
Re: GRA Phase3, Port Harcourt After Rainfall (Photos) by Nobody: 4:31pm On Nov 09, 2015
ricsman:

when last did u visit Rivers state?

maybe you are right base on where you have being. just try not to generalize things.

all road constructed as from 2007 have underground drainage.

governor Wike right now is trying to repair some that are bad and constructing new ones.... though some without underground drainage.

Excuse me! i reside there and can authoritatively tell u that the underground drainages are blocked.

Drainages are useless when u dont have a flush point constructed water has to empty into a canal , most of the drainage dont carry water away they just hold water and flood the roads. Try to travel out and see how drainages work.

Wike only hired Julius berger trucks and logo to give the impression that he is fixing roads using berger, the road construction carried out by RCC along the refinery road is yet to finished the company doesnt know what it is doing. My only consolation is he is making a more efforts than his predecessor in road repairs.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Yemi Osinbajo Voted Sahara Reporters Man Of The Year Poll / Kanu Nwankwo & Nollywood Actors Play Novelty Match For Ihedioha's Inauguration / People At A Filling Station With Their Generators In Kebbi State (Photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.