Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,815 members, 7,820,876 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 12:14 AM

Investigation: Nigeria's Bank Verification Number, BVN, Exposes Gargantuan Corru - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Investigation: Nigeria's Bank Verification Number, BVN, Exposes Gargantuan Corru (3351 Views)

Budget- N1.36t Debt Service, N795m Website Update, N535m Cable, N11b Fight Corru / BVN Exposes Gargantuan Corruption By Politicians; Billions Abandoned In Banks / BVN Exposes Gargantuan Corruption By Politicians; Billions Abandoned In Banks (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Investigation: Nigeria's Bank Verification Number, BVN, Exposes Gargantuan Corru by wachakuta(m): 8:49am On Nov 05, 2015
Nigeria’s Bank Verification Number, BVN, a biometric identification system being implemented by the Central Bank to curb or reduce illegal banking transactions in the country, has exposed gargantuan corruption, massive fraud, and has left millions of naira sitting idle in unclaimed bank accounts,  bankers told simonateba.com.

BVN is a modern security measure in line with the Central Bank of Nigeria Decree to reduce fraud in the Nigerian banking system.

Insiders in several banks in Nigeria have disclosed that many accounts with millions of naira have remained unclaimed because the owners have not come forward to link them to the bank verification number.

Every person in Nigeria can from now on only have one bank verification number generated by a central data base. Because finger prints had to be used to generate that unique number, it is practically impossible for one person to have two identities, and therefore two bank verificatikon numbers.

Many people, bankers told Simonateba.com, who had different bank accounts in different names because of the lack of a national identity card, find themselves stuck, unable to claim money they have in different accounts in different names.

Worst for the corrupt, insiders said, the bank verification number has now exposed many people with money in many bank accounts, most of them corrupt politicians with no genuine business venture to justify the hundreds of millions of naira in virtually all banks.

Even more damaging, they said, it has also been discovered, that many people had different bank accounts in different banks with different data, including different tribe, date of birth and employers.

To bank A, an account owner worked for a particular company, but to bank B, he was a full time staff of another company, all at the same time.

“The revelations are shocking, this country is in serious trouble,” a banker told Simonateba.com. “A lot of money may remain unclaimed,” another banker added.

At least five million bank accounts were deactivated by Deposit Money Banks operating in the country on Saturday night following the October 31, 2015 deadline set by the Central Bank of Nigeria for bank customers to register and obtain their Bank Verification Numbers, local newspaper, The Punch reported on Monday.

The affected customers were barred from withdrawing cash and transferring funds through Automated Teller Machines, Internet banking platforms and over-the-counter in the banking halls.

While it is an ongoing exercise and many people have besieged banking halls to register, many others are unable to claim their money or justify why they have different information from different banks or even the same bank.

Investigation: Nigeria's Bank Verification Number, BVN, Exposes Gargantuan Corruption, Massive Fraud - SIMONATEBA.COM
http://simonateba.com/2015/11/05/investigation-nigerias-bank-verification-number-bvn-exposes-gargantuan-corruption-massive-fraud/

1 Like

Re: Investigation: Nigeria's Bank Verification Number, BVN, Exposes Gargantuan Corru by wachakuta(m): 8:52am On Nov 05, 2015
Tanks to GEJ for discovering TSA

And tnks to PMB for implementing it

And tanks to PDP for discovering PMB

14 Likes

Re: Investigation: Nigeria's Bank Verification Number, BVN, Exposes Gargantuan Corru by Chanchit: 8:58am On Nov 05, 2015
Except no be Nigeria again, before I give manager 20% my triple BVN go land for my table with different names, abi no be same Oyinbo weh do pencil do eraser.

3 Likes

Re: Investigation: Nigeria's Bank Verification Number, BVN, Exposes Gargantuan Corru by Nobody: 9:13am On Nov 05, 2015
Chanchit:
Except no be Nigeria again, before I give manager 20% my triple BVN go land for my table with different names, abi no be same Oyinbo weh do pencil do eraser.

1. no manager can give you BVN number cos he is not generating it
2. if by omission different BVN were generated for one person, let the operation manager link the BVN at his own risk

11 Likes

Re: Investigation: Nigeria's Bank Verification Number, BVN, Exposes Gargantuan Corru by kadas01(m): 9:18am On Nov 05, 2015
shollynoob:

2. if by omission different BVN were generated for one person, let the operation manager link the BVN at his own risk
Your head dey there!

Bar man, abeg give this my guy one big bottle of orijin!

11 Likes

Re: Investigation: Nigeria's Bank Verification Number, BVN, Exposes Gargantuan Corru by Chanchit: 9:21am On Nov 05, 2015
shollynoob:

Just remember this is Nigeria, impossible is nothing.

1 Like

Re: Investigation: Nigeria's Bank Verification Number, BVN, Exposes Gargantuan Corru by Nobody: 9:35am On Nov 05, 2015
kadas01:
Your head dey there!

please tell them to add Suya!

10 Likes

Re: Investigation: Nigeria's Bank Verification Number, BVN, Exposes Gargantuan Corru by koladebrainiac(m): 9:38am On Nov 05, 2015
nice one
Re: Investigation: Nigeria's Bank Verification Number, BVN, Exposes Gargantuan Corru by chudionu58(f): 9:48am On Nov 05, 2015

2 Likes

Re: Investigation: Nigeria's Bank Verification Number, BVN, Exposes Gargantuan Corru by playahata: 10:00am On Nov 05, 2015
shollynoob:

with kidney, gizzard, tomato. Abeg wait for me, I dey come

3 Likes

Re: Investigation: Nigeria's Bank Verification Number, BVN, Exposes Gargantuan Corru by otipoju(m): 3:25pm On Nov 05, 2015
Perhaps most of these accounts are owned by the millions of Nigerians abroad who sebd money home to fund their accounts in case of " incasity " and who either do not have the time or cannot travel the far distance to do the BVN verification.

Thar is what my common sense tells me.
Re: Investigation: Nigeria's Bank Verification Number, BVN, Exposes Gargantuan Corru by PedroJP(m): 3:39pm On Nov 05, 2015
otipoju:
Perhaps most of these accounts are owned by the millions of Nigerians abroad who sebd money home to fund their accounts in case of " incasity " and who either do not have the time or cannot travel the far distance to do the BVN verification.

You are among Nigerian looters. The system will get rid of u soon.

7 Likes

Re: Investigation: Nigeria's Bank Verification Number, BVN, Exposes Gargantuan Corru by lorbah001(m): 3:47pm On Nov 05, 2015
otipoju:

Werrinbdis
Re: Investigation: Nigeria's Bank Verification Number, BVN, Exposes Gargantuan Corru by PRYCE(m): 3:56pm On Nov 05, 2015
Wow! Who would intentionally walk into the lion's den even if His mother's tied up in there?
Re: Investigation: Nigeria's Bank Verification Number, BVN, Exposes Gargantuan Corru by mikolo80: 3:57pm On Nov 05, 2015
shollynoob:

no person de generate am
all man made pencil get eraser
Re: Investigation: Nigeria's Bank Verification Number, BVN, Exposes Gargantuan Corru by Nobody: 3:59pm On Nov 05, 2015
otipoju:

i disagree with your common sense. Here, Provisions were made for Nigerians abroad in over 10 countries by the cbn. secondly, why would you not have time for your money? who thinks that way?

4 Likes

Re: Investigation: Nigeria's Bank Verification Number, BVN, Exposes Gargantuan Corru by Nobody: 4:16pm On Nov 05, 2015
mikolo80:
no person de generate am
all man made pencil get eraser

Am speaking from a professional angle guy, the numbers are been generated, that is why you can get it instantly, it take average of 24hrs
Re: Investigation: Nigeria's Bank Verification Number, BVN, Exposes Gargantuan Corru by naijaking1: 4:18pm On Nov 05, 2015
BVN is a good policy poorly iimplemented.
Re: Investigation: Nigeria's Bank Verification Number, BVN, Exposes Gargantuan Corru by kadas01(m): 4:53pm On Nov 05, 2015
shollynoob:

Nothing do you!

I don tell Adamu make him arrange you the suya on my bill!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Investigation: Nigeria's Bank Verification Number, BVN, Exposes Gargantuan Corru by SLIDEwaxie(m): 5:10pm On Nov 05, 2015
wachakuta:
Tanks to GEJ for discovering TSA

And tnks to PMB for implementing it

And tanks to PDP for discovering PMB
baboon. What concerns PDP and buhari?
Re: Investigation: Nigeria's Bank Verification Number, BVN, Exposes Gargantuan Corru by frankyychiji(f): 5:14pm On Nov 05, 2015
kadas01:
Your head dey there!

Not so fast! Did you know there are transparent plastic materials that you can stick to the base of your finger-tip and data-capture without anybody getting the wiser?
Re: Investigation: Nigeria's Bank Verification Number, BVN, Exposes Gargantuan Corru by frankyychiji(f): 5:20pm On Nov 05, 2015
SLIDEwaxie:
I wonder o! The baboon doesn't obviously know the difference between Pdp and janjarweed!

1 Like

Re: Investigation: Nigeria's Bank Verification Number, BVN, Exposes Gargantuan Corru by wachakuta(m): 5:26pm On Nov 05, 2015
SLIDEwaxie:

They control d Jungle in wch u r!
Re: Investigation: Nigeria's Bank Verification Number, BVN, Exposes Gargantuan Corru by Nobody: 5:58pm On Nov 05, 2015
Chanchit:

Triple BVN with the same fingerprint? How possible is that?

You think the system is that porous or weak?

By the way, stop saying 'except no be nigeria'. That was your Nigeria of the past.
Re: Investigation: Nigeria's Bank Verification Number, BVN, Exposes Gargantuan Corru by lmm4real: 6:21pm On Nov 05, 2015
Just touch the money first, na that time u go know say mad man get relatives.
Re: Investigation: Nigeria's Bank Verification Number, BVN, Exposes Gargantuan Corru by Chanchit: 6:43pm On Nov 05, 2015
Activa:

Triple BVN with the same fingerprint? How possible is that?

You think the system is that porous or weak?

By the way, stop saying 'except no be nigeria'. That was your Nigeria of the past.

I pledge to share in your optimism. So I believe you.
Re: Investigation: Nigeria's Bank Verification Number, BVN, Exposes Gargantuan Corru by Nobody: 8:52pm On Nov 05, 2015
Let the Govt also link BVN data with our National ID card registration data so that they can expose all the looters, thieves and corrupt officials in Nigeria.
Re: Investigation: Nigeria's Bank Verification Number, BVN, Exposes Gargantuan Corru by sorepco(m): 9:50pm On Nov 05, 2015
What of those in other african countries like cameroon. Panya. And gabon.

quote author=iterator24 post=39711569]i disagree with your common sense. Here, Provisions were made for Nigerians abroad in over 10 countries by the cbn. secondly, why would yssou not have time for your money? who thinks that way?[/quote]
Re: Investigation: Nigeria's Bank Verification Number, BVN, Exposes Gargantuan Corru by otipoju(m): 10:03pm On Nov 05, 2015
iterator24:
i disagree with your common sense. Here, Provisions were made for Nigerians abroad in over 10 countries by the cbn. secondly, why would you not have time for your money? who thinks that way?

.....theory is different from reality. No point arguing. Thanks
Re: Investigation: Nigeria's Bank Verification Number, BVN, Exposes Gargantuan Corru by Pavarottii(m): 10:10pm On Nov 05, 2015
We av been fighting corruption with suppresion and decrees by military regime, has it stopped; the answer is NO.
But GEJ chose a different way to fight corruption, that's using technology: by the E-Farming to get Fertilisers, IPPIS,PIB, TSA, BVN; to mention a few. That is taking the money from the thieves. If only they allowed GEJ stayed another 4years. He would av fought corruption better. Cos this buhari pattern won't stop it and it's dangerous for our economy. Well let's see where it leads tho.
God bless GEJ!
God bless Nigeria!
Re: Investigation: Nigeria's Bank Verification Number, BVN, Exposes Gargantuan Corru by sammyj: 10:56pm On Nov 05, 2015
cheesy cheesy grin

(1) (2) (Reply)

The Southsouth Voices Against Biafra Agitation / I'm Travelling To Canada For 2 Months And Will Be Off Nairaland / Mmm: A Fraudulent Scheme With No Benefit

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.