Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,765 members, 7,817,107 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 05:57 AM

MTN Wants $5.2bn Fine Slashed By 80% - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / MTN Wants $5.2bn Fine Slashed By 80% (1912 Views)

SGF Suspension: How Threat To Withhold $1:2bn EU Aid Forced Buhari's Hand / MTN Fine Slashed To $3.4bn, Must Be Paid By Dec. 31, 2015 / MTN Wants $5.2bn Fine Slashed By 80% (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: MTN Wants $5.2bn Fine Slashed By 80% by donTbone(m): 10:56am On Nov 05, 2015
Cutehector:
I think it should be privatized...
And if privatized, wont the tariff increase!

Privatizing it only gives way to one of the politicians that will see another way to loot Nigerians.
I'd rather prefer it to be govt owned
Re: MTN Wants $5.2bn Fine Slashed By 80% by Cutehector(m): 11:01am On Nov 05, 2015
donTbone:

And if privatized, wont the tariff increase!

Privatizing it only gives way to one of the politicians that will see another way to loot Nigerians.
I'd rather prefer it to be govt owned
its jus dah am very skeptical abt government owned institutions.... I hav neva seen just one federal govt institution dat is above par..
Re: MTN Wants $5.2bn Fine Slashed By 80% by feldido(m): 11:15am On Nov 05, 2015
Cutehector:
I think it should be privatized...

It is already... Its no longer a federal government property.
And you know they got good coverage.
Re: MTN Wants $5.2bn Fine Slashed By 80% by donTbone(m): 11:35am On Nov 05, 2015
feldido:

It is already... Its no longer a federal government property.
And you know they got good coverage.
If it is, then it shouldnt have N in its abbreviation
What do you think!
Re: MTN Wants $5.2bn Fine Slashed By 80% by superstar1(m): 11:38am On Nov 05, 2015
Were they signatories to the penalty or not?

Were they not warned severally or not?

Why did others complied and mtn did not?

Can they breach the national security of any other country without its consequences?

If they want to leave, they can leave. MTN is a national security risk.

1 Like

Re: MTN Wants $5.2bn Fine Slashed By 80% by donTbone(m): 12:11pm On Nov 05, 2015
Cutehector:
its jus dah am very skeptical abt government owned institutions.... I hav neva seen just one federal govt institution dat is above par..

It takes a little smoke to bring down a huge building with fire... As it takes a small step to start a journey of change!
It wont be easy but i see it happening.
#GodBlessNigeria
Re: MTN Wants $5.2bn Fine Slashed By 80% by benvolavolarag: 4:44pm On Nov 05, 2015
I THINK MTN MUST MOVE OUT OF nigeria. I THINK THIS IS THE RIGHT TIME TO FUVK OFF JUST LIKE WOOLIES.
nigeria IS BROKE HENCE THEYR TRYING TO FINE BANKS AND FOREIGN INVESTORS.

I cant wait to see their FDI for 2015 and beyond after this.
Re: MTN Wants $5.2bn Fine Slashed By 80% by mbulela: 5:49pm On Nov 05, 2015
benvolavolarag:
I THINK MTN MUST MOVE OUT OF nigeria. I THINK THIS IS THE RIGHT TIME TO FUVK OFF JUST LIKE WOOLIES.
nigeria IS BROKE HENCE THEYR TRYING TO FINE BANKS AND FOREIGN INVESTORS.

I cant wait to see their FDI for 2015 and beyond after this.
you are a funny clown.
Move out of Nigeria because they broke laws?
Re: MTN Wants $5.2bn Fine Slashed By 80% by Nobody: 6:42pm On Nov 05, 2015
MTN does not get to decide how much the fine is!

(1) (2) (Reply)

Biafrans Submit Petition To 10 Downing Street.... Pictures. / Aliko Dangote Now Ranks 51st In The World / Igbo Senators Collude To Deny Biafra 60 Biillon Naira Lagos - Calabar Rail

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.