Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,942 members, 7,817,762 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 06:51 PM

Satanic Aspects Of Yoruba Culture - Culture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Satanic Aspects Of Yoruba Culture (6871 Views)

Alaafin Raises Alarm Over Assault On Yoruba Culture / White Students Of Yoruba Language At Wisconsin University (Photo) / Village In America Where The Yoruba Culture Is Being Practiced (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Satanic Aspects Of Yoruba Culture by Honesty007(m): 12:24pm On Nov 05, 2015
The Yoruba Culture is Noted to be rich in Respect and courtsey.However,there is a way that seemeth right,but the end is Destruction.
No doubt, westerners embrace christian religion more than any tribes in Nigeria,but there are some aspects of yoruba culture and tradition that is devlish. we must be warry of such.
titles and progenitory citation ,incantations that appraise the devil.
Yoruba are termed ''OMO Oduduwa'' please i ask you WHO IS ODUDUWA?
Not according to what physical descriptions OR connotations and history the Yoruba people are cognisant with,but tales and Mythology translates ODUDUWA TO BE A fallen Angel!!!!
He fell with chains from Heaven.
No doubt this fallen angel fell with satan.So its typical to call all Yoruba children, ''Children of the devil!!
Some demonic goddesses and names like omo ogun,omo ifa, omo dis,omo that are all devlish.
Ogun means Devil. Ifa is a liar according to yoruba proverbs.These are the things that we ignorantly boast of, but they are all demonic.
Idolatry is a system of control satan puts into the world to dominate eevery tribe,race, tongue,kindred all over the world.
Ancerstral and sacred sites which we call Historical sites and tourist centers are all Demonic altars according to ancient tales today.
We were told not to worship the creature more than the CREATOR(GOD).
All yoruba festivals are refreshments for Demons and evil dieties because sacrifices are offered to them.Blood drinking and shedding is common at Idolatrous festivals.
I tell you all gods and goddesses are demons and thats why God's words tells us in 1st corinthians 10:20 ''the things the Gentiles sacrifice are not unto the Living God but unto Demons!!
So Most of we yorubas are foolishly blinded by all these demonic inheritances, titles, manifests and festivals that we think the divine nature of God is like an Image made with Mens hands.
Pls take note of all these satanic infiltration into Man's life
1)Ancestral
2)Family eg dynasty
3)township what gods/goddeses are they worshipping in your hometown? They are all demons ok!!
4)Village- same for village,its all demons
5)Tribal- all these bondages depicts the characteristic of the yoruba people,Oduduwa was a father of division,stife,conspiracy,so also are his childrens who have not been delivered from such Bondages.
6)Parental-exodus 34:7, psalm 51:1-8
7)National.Nigeria from river Niger.Most of the demons served or worship in water bodies are all demons.

If you are a yoruba christian u need to break all these bondages and be set free or u would continiously be experiencing problems
The Yoruba Culture is noted to be rich in Respect and Courtsey.
However,there is a way that seemeth right,but the end is Destruction.
No doubt, south westerners embrace christian religion more than any tribes in Nigeria,but there are some aspects of yoruba culture and tradition that is devilish and makes the word of God of non_effect to a christian. we must be wary of such doctrines,customs and traditions of our forefathers born with the corruptible sinful blood and sacrifices.
Titles and progenitory citations
Yoruba are termed ''omo Oduduwa'' please i ask you WHO IS ODUDUWA? Not according to what physical descriptions people are cognisant off,but tales and Mythology translates ODUDUWA TO BE A fallen Angel!!!!
He fell with chains from Heaven.No doubt this fallen angel fell with satan.So its typical to call all yoruba children, ''children of the devil!!
Some slangs like omo ogun,omo ifa, omo dis,omo that are all devlish.
Ogun means Devil. Ifa is a liar according to yoruba proverbs.These are the things that we ignorantly boast of, but they are all demonic.
Idolatry is a system of control satan puts into the world to dominate eevery tribe,race, tongue,kindred all over the world.
Ancerstral and sacred sites which we call Historical sites and tourist centers are all Demonic altars according to ancient tales today.
All yoruba festivals are refreshments for Demons and evil dieties because sacrifices are offered to them.Blood drinking and shedding is common at Idolatrous festivals.
I tell you all gods and goddesses are demons and thats why God's words tells us in 1st corinthians 10:20 ''the things the Gentiles sacrifice are not unto the Living God but unto Demons!!
So most of we yorubas are foolishly blinded by all these demonic inheritances, titles, manifests and festivals that we think the divine nature of God is like an Image made with Mens hands.
1)Ancestral
2)Family eg dynasty
3)township what gods/goddeses are they worshipping in your hometown? They are all demons ok!!
5)Tribal- all these bondages depicts the characteristic of the yoruba people,Oduduwa was a father of division,stife,conspiracy,so also are his childrens who have not been delivered from such Bondages.
7)National.Nigeria from river Niger.Most of the demons served or worship in water bodies are all demons.
In order to be set free from Satan and his bandages ,there is a need for deliverance.
Luke 1vs 68 to 75 explains this all.

If u are a yoruba christians u need to break all these bondages and be set free or u would continiously be experiencing problems
The Yoruba Culture is Noted to be rich in Respect and courtsey.However,there is a way that seemeth right,but the end is Destruction.
No doubt, westerners embrace christian religion more than any tribes in Nigeria,but there are some aspects of yoruba culture, tradition that is devlish and we must be warry of such.
Yorubas are termed ''omo Oduduwa'' please i ask you WHO IS ODUDUWA? Not according to what physical descriptions people are cognisant off,but tales and Mythology translates ODUDUWA TO BE A fallen Angel!!!!
He fell with chains from Heaven.No doubt this fallen angel fell with satan.So its typical to call all yoruba children, ''children of the devil!!
All yoruba festivals are refreshments for FALLEN ANGELS, Demons and evil dieties because sacrifices are offered to them.Blood drinking and shedding is common at Idolatrous festivals.
I tell you all gods and goddesses are demons and thats why God's words tells us in 1st corinthians 10:20 ''The things the Gentiles sacrifice are not unto the Living God, but unto Demons!!
So Most of we yorubas are foolishly blinded by all these demonic inheritances, titles, covenants,oaths,libation,bloodshed,blood quirkiness,manifests and festivals that we think the divine nature of God is like an Image made with Mens hands.

since, Ile ife ,Osun state is the origin source of all Yoruba,it is pertinent to point out the OSUN goddess that is worshipped during spun Osborne festival that sits upon many waters i.e. people.This entity breeds her type children and gives children to the infertile becAuse she causes infertility too.
Mermaid or Queen of the coast Is the most wicked FALLEN entity that is Satan's vice president and under her the witches,wizards ,familiar spirits AND witch doctors all tap from her power.
So are we to serve GOD(creator) or Osun goddess(creature) more than the creator
1)Ancestral
2)Family eg dynasty

If you are a Yoruba christian, you need to break all these bondages and be set free or u would continiously be experiencing problems
Without fasting and prayer,this kind forth not.
Are you in the church for $oo long and no progress,success and breakthrough for long
Do you know the covenants,oaths,agreements,pledges,vows,Secrets,bonds,yokes,Sacrifices,human sacrifices,CURSES,SPELLS,JINXS,PROGNOSTICATIONS,DIVINATION,INCANTATIONS,LIBATIONS,TTHAT YOUR FOREFATHERS HAVE SOLD YOU INTO YET UNBORN
Are you ready to be free,to be confirmed to the Image of the son of GOD Jesus Christ

3 Likes

Re: Satanic Aspects Of Yoruba Culture by donTbone(m): 12:26pm On Nov 05, 2015
Olden days story!

And who says there is no satanic aspect of hausa and igbo culture?
As far as it is culture, satanic aspect will be involved!

1 Like

Re: Satanic Aspects Of Yoruba Culture by ELTON123(m): 12:36pm On Nov 05, 2015
So yorubas fell down from haven with the devil gringrin tell me somethinggringringrin

4 Likes

Re: Satanic Aspects Of Yoruba Culture by ayogabriel(m): 1:01pm On Nov 05, 2015
Weyre ni OP yi sha. undecided you are what you are because you were born into it, how many people change from what they were born into, to another

6 Likes

Re: Satanic Aspects Of Yoruba Culture by obiak4(m): 2:16pm On Nov 05, 2015
Op is a confused individual.

8 Likes

Re: Satanic Aspects Of Yoruba Culture by Angelou(m): 2:52pm On Nov 05, 2015
Must you disrepect other people's ethno-cultural values and beliefs before you can prove that u are a "christian"?
Everyone has a right to his own religious beliefs and you (of alll people) are in no position to label it as "demonic". You juat displayed a token of your illiteracy and spite for the "Religion Of Nature"

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Satanic Aspects Of Yoruba Culture by absoluteSuccess: 3:02pm On Nov 05, 2015
I am from the house of Oduduwa.
A true descendant of your 'satan', your devil.
Even Christ was slammed as 'prince of belzebub'.
Whose son are you if you have a pedegree?
Blessed art thou, when men shall say evil about you...
Matt 5:11.
Re: Satanic Aspects Of Yoruba Culture by Honesty007(m): 6:38pm On Nov 08, 2015
absoluteSuccess:
I am from the house of Oduduwa.

A true descendant of your 'satan', your devil.

Even Christ was slammed as 'prince of belzebub'.

Whose son are you if you have a pedegree?

Blessed art thou, when men shall say evil about you...

Matt 5:11.

i hope u r not ignorant of deliverance because u r not a JEW.i did this post to bring the fore evils in our culture and not to condemn anyone.Also our background is satanic and we must be dellivered. Christ said ''if i with the finger of God cast out devils, then the kingdom of God is come unto u.

No wonder he told the jews who were against his deliverance, ''ye are of ur father the devil,he was a liar from the beginning.
I hope u dont want to be blinded by tradition and the word of God becomes non effect in ur life!!!

U even have no right here because u r a Gentile christian,without deliverance from the satanic aspects of our culture we cannot enter the kingdom of God.pls open ur eyes very well if u r truly proud of ur father whom u claim as d devil,i am sorry for u if u dont wanna burn forever in hell

2 Likes

Re: Satanic Aspects Of Yoruba Culture by absoluteSuccess: 6:46pm On Nov 08, 2015
Honesty007:

i hope u r not ignorant of deliverance because u r not a JEW.i did this post to bring the fore evils in our culture and not to condemn anyone.Also our background is satanic and we must be dellivered. Christ said ''if i with the finger of God cast out devils, then the kingdom of God is come unto u.

No wonder he told the jews who were against his deliverance, ''ye are of ur father the devil,he was a liar from the beginning.
I hope u dont want to be blinded by tradition and the word of God becomes non effect in ur life!!!

U even have no right here because u r a Gentile christian,without deliverance from the satanic aspects of our culture we cannot enter the kingdom of God.pls open ur eyes very well if u r truly proud of ur father whom u claim as d devil,i am sorry for u if u dont wanna burn forever in hell

Stop generalizing, its your background that is satanic, go for deliverance or report me to Jesus.

You can add to the furnace in hell for me.

3 Likes

Re: Satanic Aspects Of Yoruba Culture by Honesty007(m): 6:46pm On Nov 08, 2015
Angelou:
Must you disrepect other people's ethno-cultural values and beliefs before you can prove that u are a "christian"?
Everyone has a right to his own religious beliefs and you (of alll people) are in no position to label it as "demonic". You juat displayed a token of your illiteracy and spite for the "Religion Of Nature"
christianity is termed religion by the world, but it is a revelation of salvation ok!!
Remember the bible categorises the whole world into 2, Jews and gentiles, i ask u who r gentiles?
All other nations outside israel r gentiles!!
What is our background= satan
before we met christ we served idols, this post is to bring out the satanic evils in the yoruba culture for christians to understand the need for deliverance okay!!!

Without deliverance, we cannot live holy lives ok.
Also tradition/culture makes the word of God non effect inpeoples life. Also we cannot serve God n mammon, christ and belial.

U r a gentile christian ,so we all need deliverance. Are u proud to be born in idolatry? Tell me now? So u r happy to be born in bondage abi?
And if soo are u not willing to be set free.
Read exodus 34:7 and u would understand why God visits generations because of the stupid and foolish cultural / traditional demonic things we exalt more than God.worshipping the creature than the creator.
Its better u understand d reason for the post, stop being parochial
I am not disrespecting other religions, Mind u i dont respect culture because it is evil and because GOD is no respecter of persons.
Re: Satanic Aspects Of Yoruba Culture by Honesty007(m): 6:54pm On Nov 08, 2015
ayogabriel:
Weyre ni OP yi sha. undecided you are what you are because you were born into it, how many people change from what they were born into, to another

u r so myopic and i don't think u read ur bible @ all. Stop ranting rubbish before i explain.
What we call culture and tradition is pure idolatry. We serve devil and demons before we came to christ. After salvation, the next 2nd thing is deliverance because we r not Jews. We r gentiles, our background is demonic.yes we were born into it but THE CHANGE HERE IS DELIVERANCE.PHYSICAL ISREAL WERE THEY NOT BORN INTO BONDAGE IN EGYPT? DIDNT GOD DELIVER THEM, WHERE THEY NOT FREE.
U NOW THAT ARE SPIRITUAL ISREAL, R U SAYING U CANNOT BE CHANGED AND REDEMMED FROM DEMONS, SATANIC BONDAGES-LUKE 1:65-78.
OUR ANCERSOTR SERVED SATAN,SIGNED COVENANTS AND AGREEMENTS TO PUT OUR GENERATION UNBORN IN BONDAGES AND THIS THINGS CONTINUE BECAUSE OF OUR SO CALLED DEVLISH CULTURE.BUT WHEN WE BECOME CHRISTIANS, THERE IS A CHANGE, WE R REDEMMED FROM CURSES,-GAL 3:12-15,COVENANTS N AGREEMENTS R BROKEN WHEN WE ARE DELIVERED.THATS WAT M TRYING TO TELL U AND U R CALLING ME WERE?
IF U LIKE CONTINUE TO STAY IN BONDAGE AND GO TO CHURCH THINKING U R WORSHIPPING GOD INTRUTH AND IN SPIRIT.ONE THING IS EVEN TOO CERTAIN , GOD CANNOT WRITE AN IDOL NAME IN THE BOOK OF LIFE, SO WHAT R WE TALKING ABOUT.
Re: Satanic Aspects Of Yoruba Culture by Honesty007(m): 6:57pm On Nov 08, 2015
absoluteSuccess:

Stop generalizing, its your background that is satanic, go for deliverance or report me to Jesus.

You can add to the furnace in hell for me.

stop deceiving urself, u better go for deliverance if u have not been.one thing is too painful, what is ur name, if an idolgod is among ur name,do u even for one second think that GOD would write idol names IN THE BOOK OF LIFE?
Re: Satanic Aspects Of Yoruba Culture by absoluteSuccess: 7:04pm On Nov 08, 2015
If your faith in God is born out of a need to live in a sensuous dead peoples mansion in the sky, I don't do that for christ sake.

I am a christian, I don't put myself on judgement throne of God and I dont believe in God to make spirit heaven, but to live in conformity with love of God.

Any other thing is a reward, heaven or hell, whatever please God. Seek your salvation, preach if you must. Stop talking trash seeing bible characters as saints and your ancestors satanic.

Is that what you were taught in your church? Whoever is in christ, there is no condemnation. Is it not written that cursed is he that hangeth on a tree?

Old things are passed away.

1 Like

Re: Satanic Aspects Of Yoruba Culture by absoluteSuccess: 7:16pm On Nov 08, 2015
Honesty007:

stop deceiving urself, u better go for deliverance if u have not been.one thing is too painful, what is ur name, if an idolgod is among ur name,do u even for one second think that GOD would write idol names IN THE BOOK OF LIFE?

God has a problem of satan and his minion and protecting his children, I have my own problems too.

Since you don't have any problem, you can create one for yourself checking the names in the book of life and the ones in book of hell.

My name is Ogundipe, I know my fate already, so go and cry if you like, hell is made for humans.

See you when you get there.

tongue

2 Likes

Re: Satanic Aspects Of Yoruba Culture by ayogabriel(m): 7:20am On Nov 09, 2015
Honesty007:

u r so myopic and i don't think u read ur bible @ all. Stop ranting rubbish before i explain.
What we call culture and tradition is pure idolatry. We serve devil and demons before we came to christ. After salvation, the next 2nd thing is deliverance because we r not Jews. We r gentiles, our background is demonic.yes we were born into it but THE CHANGE HERE IS DELIVERANCE.PHYSICAL ISREAL WERE THEY NOT BORN INTO BONDAGE IN EGYPT? DIDNT GOD DELIVER THEM, WHERE THEY NOT FREE.
U NOW THAT ARE SPIRITUAL ISREAL, R U SAYING U CANNOT BE CHANGED AND REDEMMED FROM DEMONS, SATANIC BONDAGES-LUKE 1:65-78.
OUR ANCERSOTR SERVED SATAN,SIGNED COVENANTS AND AGREEMENTS TO PUT OUR GENERATION UNBORN IN BONDAGES AND THIS THINGS CONTINUE BECAUSE OF OUR SO CALLED DEVLISH CULTURE.BUT WHEN WE BECOME CHRISTIANS, THERE IS A CHANGE, WE R REDEMMED FROM CURSES,-GAL 3:12-15,COVENANTS N AGREEMENTS R BROKEN WHEN WE ARE DELIVERED.THATS WAT M TRYING TO TELL U AND U R CALLING ME WERE?
IF U LIKE CONTINUE TO STAY IN BONDAGE AND GO TO CHURCH THINKING U R WORSHIPPING GOD INTRUTH AND IN SPIRIT.ONE THING IS EVEN TOO CERTAIN , GOD CANNOT WRITE AN IDOL NAME IN THE BOOK OF LIFE, SO WHAT R WE TALKING ABOUT.

So what point are you trying to make?
Re: Satanic Aspects Of Yoruba Culture by ayogabriel(m): 7:21am On Nov 09, 2015
Honesty007:

What point are you trying to make?
Re: Satanic Aspects Of Yoruba Culture by macof(m): 2:16pm On Nov 10, 2015
Typically of Christians. In my childhood this was what pastors made us believe that our heritage is evil, our history is full of satanic manipulation, our father's houses have satanic curses etc

One major thing that made me leave that foolish religion.

Op if the Hebrew culture means more to you than ur father's culture than its left to ur soul. . U have to explain to ur creator why you hate what you were created as. You have given urself up to mental slavery and u might not believe it but it as spiritual consequences

4 Likes

Re: Satanic Aspects Of Yoruba Culture by Honesty007(m): 4:16am On Nov 13, 2015
absoluteSuccess:

God has a problem of satan and his minion and protecting his children, I have my own problems too.

Since you don't have any problem, you can create one for yourself checking the names in the book of life and the ones in book of hell.

My name is Ogundipe, I know my fate already, so go and cry if you like, hell is made for humans.

See you when you get there.

tongue

na wa for you ooh, u r wrong, how come u r soo Faithless and myopic like this?
May God open ur eyes.Hell is not meant for Humanity.It is prepared for Satan and his angels - see Matthew 25:41.Humans where only sent there because of sin,faithlessness and unbelief in God.
So if u have given up and condemned urself to hell,u better have a change of mind,repent and come bk to God,than self condemning urself.
And pls change that OGUN to another name that has to do with christ.OGUN means satan.go n read the history of ogun.the god was violent,a god of iron.it has an iron heart.
Re: Satanic Aspects Of Yoruba Culture by Honesty007(m): 4:24am On Nov 13, 2015
macof:
Typically of Christians. In my childhood this was what pastors made us believe that our heritage is evil, our history is full of satanic manipulation, our father's houses have satanic curses etc

One major thing that made me leave that foolish religion.

Op if the Hebrew culture means more to you than ur father's culture than its left to ur soul. . U have to explain to ur creator why you hate what you were created as. You have given urself up to mental slavery and u might not believe it but it as spiritual consequences

God didn't create us evil ok,but when men slept, the enemy came and sowed Tares among the wheat.
Christ said ''Every tree that is not planted by my heavenly father shall be uprooted ok.
Idolatry is an evil tree in the human race, manifested in our traditional cultural background,heritages.This is what i have exposed according to God's word.
Why r u fighting against the truth? Eh?
What r u going to gain when the god of this world ''satan '' has blinded ur eyes that u should not see the light of the truth.
U better repent and claim back redemption n deliverance in Jesus christ.
Stop galivanting.
Also the scripture says'l the prince of this world- satan cometh and findeth nothing in me.so if u r a xtian and their r traces of satanic bondages from ur tribe, culture, or background,u think he would let u go?
U have to uproot this trees .
U blasphemed the name of christ by saying foolish,i pity u.

''NEVER U TRY THAT WITH THE HOLYSPIRIT'' iaam warning u if u don't want to be eternally doomed without remedy
Re: Satanic Aspects Of Yoruba Culture by Honesty007(m): 4:33am On Nov 13, 2015
ayogabriel:

What point are you trying to make?

the point am trying to make is that al christians need deliverance frm satanic bondages,demons we inherited from our culture/Tradition or else we cannot serve God in holiness ,in fear and righteousness all the days of our life.
Some xtians fear their hometown idols more than GOD!!! Is that not a bondage?
Some go to idol festivals saying faith doesn't mean they should not serve idols!!! Is dat not a bondage?
Can u serve two masters @ d same time?
Our culture/traditional backgrounds are satanic because of idolatry.
Didn't God even deliver the children of israel from demonic bondages, read mark 5.
U may be confused because most ministers neglect Deliverance whereas ''it is part of the ministry of Jesus christ.
Without this,satanic bondages in the lives of people,curses,covenants/agreements with gods/goddeses would thrive and people would not be spiritually free to serve God
Re: Satanic Aspects Of Yoruba Culture by Honesty007(m): 4:47am On Nov 13, 2015
absoluteSuccess:
If your faith in God is born out of a need to live in a sensuous dead peoples mansion in the sky, I don't do that for christ sake.

I am a christian, I don't put myself on judgement throne of God and I dont believe in God to make spirit heaven, but to live in conformity with love of God.

Any other thing is a reward, heaven or hell, whatever please God. Seek your salvation, preach if you must. Stop talking trash seeing bible characters as saints and your ancestors satanic.

Is that what you were taught in your church? Whoever is in christ, there is no condemnation. Is it not written that cursed is he that hangeth on a tree?

Old things are passed away.

i get u but, it is an aspect we must not Neglect because without us been set free from bondages,we cannot serve God in fear, holiness and righteousness all d days of our lives-luke 1:68-75.

Deliverance has been an arm of the ministry of Jesus christ that is widely neglected today in the christendom.

When people now begin to face problems despite claiming salvation in christ, they would begin to think that God is not answering their prayer.it wud get to a point they would begin to doubt God's existence.
When satan/angels where in heaven before been cast out ''was there not commotion, wars and conspiracy. When satan was now cast out,what happened next? Salvation,honour power,kingdom of God ,
we christians have spadework to do mostly because of our backgrounds.
Remember,the axe is laid to the root of the trees,every tree that is not planted by my heavenly father shall be uprooted.
What are those trees? They r satanic bondages,possesions,all from our culture before we met christ.
Now that we r saved we need to be delivered,it is spiritual work.
Have u seen a newborn baby not delivered eg. What do people normally say ''she has delivered ooh'' isnt it.
How cn u say that when d baby was not in any bondage physically?
So i used that as a significance, christians may be born again, but God's work of perfection begins with our deliverance
Re: Satanic Aspects Of Yoruba Culture by ayogabriel(m): 7:15am On Nov 13, 2015
Honesty007:

the point am trying to make is that al christians need deliverance frm satanic bondages,demons we inherited from our culture/Tradition or else we cannot serve God in holiness ,in fear and righteousness all the days of our life.
Some xtians fear their hometown idols more than GOD!!! Is that not a bondage?
Some go to idol festivals saying faith doesn't mean they should not serve idols!!! Is dat not a bondage?
Can u serve two masters @ d same time?
Our culture/traditional backgrounds are satanic because of idolatry.
Didn't God even deliver the children of israel from demonic bondages, read mark 5.
U may be confused because most ministers neglect Deliverance whereas ''it is part of the ministry of Jesus christ.
Without this,satanic bondages in the lives of people,curses,covenants/agreements with gods/goddeses would thrive and people would not be spiritually free to serve God

Am happy for you, keep it up, but my own take, you don't have to call another tribe been satanic, because you don't know anything about any tribe, you know what you think you know. Every infact all tribe have there folk tale, even your so called pastors respect all this traditions, you don't go about "bastadicing" a tribe, its not matured sorry to say, I know of a pastor that he is strong in the word of God, he is also a electrical technician, he was contacted to lay cable pass, a shrine, in other words he will have to break through the shrine, but turned it down, not because he was scared but he respect another person's "god" other people who didn't respect the shrine, 4 died except one. Now the moral lesson, you can have all the faith you want in this life, trust God to take you through the day, but when you crossing the road, am sure you look left, right, and left before crossing, in this world it's about been smart, cautions, respectful, and now 'rattling' about what you think you know. Have a nice day.
Re: Satanic Aspects Of Yoruba Culture by macof(m): 8:12am On Nov 13, 2015
Honesty007:

God didn't create us evil ok,but when men slept, the enemy came and sowed Tares among the wheat.
Christ said ''Every tree that is not planted by my heavenly father shall be uprooted ok.
Idolatry is an evil tree in the human race, manifested in our traditional cultural background,heritages.This is what i have exposed according to God's word.
Why r u fighting against the truth? Eh?
What r u going to gain when the god of this world ''satan '' has blinded ur eyes that u should not see the light of the truth.
U better repent and claim back redemption n deliverance in Jesus christ.
Stop galivanting.
Also the scripture says'l the prince of this world- satan cometh and findeth nothing in me.so if u r a xtian and their r traces of satanic bondages from ur tribe, culture, or background,u think he would let u go?
U have to uproot this trees .
U blasphemed the name of christ by saying foolish,i pity u.

''NEVER U TRY THAT WITH THE HOLYSPIRIT'' iaam warning u if u don't want to be eternally doomed without remedy

grin grin I see another person that christianity has turned mad
Re: Satanic Aspects Of Yoruba Culture by Nobody: 10:43am On Nov 13, 2015
This tendency to demonise indigenous religions is the most unattractive trait of the Abrahamic religions - not just Christianity.

Fundamentalist Christians (such as the OP appears to be) and fundamentalist Muslims are the most closed-minded people I have ever had to deal with, honestly. You just can't have an intelligent conversation with them.

7 Likes

Re: Satanic Aspects Of Yoruba Culture by tonytony208(m): 10:59am On Nov 13, 2015
Honesty007:
No doubt, westerners embrace christian religion more than any tribes in Nigeria,but there are some aspects of yoruba culture, tradition that is devlish and we must be warry of such.
Yoruba are termed ''omo Oduduwa'' please i ask you WHO IS ODUDUWA? Not according to what physical descriptions people are cognisant off,but tales and Mythology translates ODUDUWA TO BE A fallen Angel!!!!
So Most of we yorubas are foolishly blinded by all these demonic inheritances, titles, manifests and festivals that we think the divine nature of God is like an Image made with Mens hands.
1)Ancestral
2)Family eg dynasty

If u are a yoruba christians u need to break all these bondages and be set free or u would continiously be experiencing problems

Op, there is an entity called amadioha and another one called ikenga in Igbo land. Are they fallen angels or risen angels? You are a complete iidiott.

3 Likes

Re: Satanic Aspects Of Yoruba Culture by Nobody: 1:01pm On Nov 13, 2015
Fundamentalist:

What would you by intelligent conversation

A conversation in which all participants are willing to be open to understanding other positions besides theirs. And in which one does not simply and uncritically push forward the philosophy he has imbibed (be it from the Qu'ran, the Bible, Ifa, Charles Darwin, whatever) as the only one that could possibly be right, and close his ears to all counter-positions, dismissing them off-handedly as false.

2 Likes

Re: Satanic Aspects Of Yoruba Culture by Nobody: 5:24pm On Nov 13, 2015
Honesty007:
1)Ancestral
2)Family eg dynasty

If truly you are a Yoruba man/woman, then you are an incontrovertible bastard Period

1 Like

Re: Satanic Aspects Of Yoruba Culture by Nobody: 5:36pm On Nov 13, 2015
Fundamentalist:

I'm ready for any conversation so long it's meaning and educative to allocate who participate but I won't participate when people start talking off point. Create a thread

LOL, bro. I don't think a thread will be necessary. I've had my bellyful of religious debates. I only aired my view on the demonisation of Yoruba religion by the Christian OP, not really looking for a debate.
Re: Satanic Aspects Of Yoruba Culture by absoluteSuccess: 6:49am On Nov 16, 2015
Honesty007:

i get u but, it is an aspect we must not Neglect because without us been set free from bondages,we cannot serve God in fear, holiness and righteousness all d days of our lives-luke 1:68-75.

Deliverance has been an arm of the ministry of Jesus christ that is widely neglected today in the christendom.

When people now begin to face problems despite claiming salvation in christ, they would begin to think that God is not answering their prayer.it wud get to a point they would begin to doubt God's existence.
When satan/angels where in heaven before been cast out ''was there not commotion, wars and conspiracy. When satan was now cast out,what happened next? Salvation,honour power,kingdom of God ,
we christians have spadework to do mostly because of our backgrounds.
Remember,the axe is laid to the root of the trees,every tree that is not planted by my heavenly father shall be uprooted.
What are those trees? They r satanic bondages,possesions,all from our culture before we met christ.
Now that we r saved we need to be delivered,it is spiritual work.
Have u seen a newborn baby not delivered eg. What do people normally say ''she has delivered ooh'' isnt it.
How cn u say that when d baby was not in any bondage physically?
So i used that as a significance, christians may be born again, but God's work of perfection begins with our deliverance

I quite understand your argument, you are not a good evangelist of the faith yet.

Even Christ did not go about sermonizing about genealogy, when he was with us.

some doctrines are meant for the converts and not for aggregate public.

you did not do anymore research before you slam your biological root to the devil.

isn't that heretical?

In the table of nations offered you in Genesis, did God created some people through devil that managed to survive the flood?

If yes, then your argument does not derive from the Bible.

Please learn the art of mass communication to Evangelise the faith.

thanks.

2 Likes

Re: Satanic Aspects Of Yoruba Culture by kingston277(m): 9:11am On Nov 17, 2015
Is it no wonder the west has left this religion behind?

(1) (2) (Reply)

Ten Things You Didn’t Know About Akwa Ibom State / Why Can't Edo/benin/urhobo/ishan/isoko Become One Tribe? / Nairalandigbo - Teach Me Igbo Language. Come In If You Want To Learn.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 136
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.