Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,575 members, 7,820,066 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 09:15 AM

Urgent Help Needed. How Do I Get My Passport Back From France Embassy??????????? - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Urgent Help Needed. How Do I Get My Passport Back From France Embassy??????????? (4453 Views)

Netherland Visa Refuse through France embassy And Ask to Appeal / How To Get A Lost Int'l Passport Back. / Immigration Delaying My Passport In Lagos. Help Please, Is Nigeria This Bad? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Urgent Help Needed. How Do I Get My Passport Back From France Embassy??????????? by magicminister: 2:27pm On Nov 05, 2015
Please guys, I am in a fix and don't know what to do anymore.
I applied for france (shcengen) visa since 19 oct 2015 and till date, my passport and documents are still with the consulate.

I am supposed to be in france by monday but due to the fact that I am yet to get my visa, I had to post pone my trip to 14th of nov.
I already made hotel payments but and flight reservation.
This is getting scary.

The french embassy called me once ( two days ago) but I missed the call and since then, ive been trying to reach them.

I have called the vfs but their number wouldn't connect, I have called the french embassy (visa section) over 10 times but no one would pick. Sent mails and no reply.

I have to also add that this is not my first time travelling to european countries but Its my first time applying to france.

Has anybody ever experienced it and how did you resolve it

Secondly, this situation also made me cancel my us visa appointment whiv was initially slated for 2nd Nov.

Right now, I dont care about expenses made on my flight and hotel bookings cos I just want my passport back.

How can I do that when france people are witholding my passport

I haven't been able to sleep properly and anyone that can be of help is welcomed here.

sad
Re: Urgent Help Needed. How Do I Get My Passport Back From France Embassy??????????? by Tay16(f): 4:06pm On Nov 05, 2015
Can you go to the embassy in person?
Re: Urgent Help Needed. How Do I Get My Passport Back From France Embassy??????????? by magicminister: 4:14pm On Nov 05, 2015
Tay16:
Can you go to the embassy in person?

I dont think they would let me in without an appointment.
You knw, france handles al its embasy palaver through vfs
Re: Urgent Help Needed. How Do I Get My Passport Back From France Embassy??????????? by Tay16(f): 4:17pm On Nov 05, 2015
magicminister:

I dont think they would let me in without an appointment.
You knw, france handles al its embasy palaver through vfs
visit vfs offices in person and find out. Didnt vfs give you some form of reference number to keep track of the visa processing online?
Re: Urgent Help Needed. How Do I Get My Passport Back From France Embassy??????????? by magicminister: 4:19pm On Nov 05, 2015
Tay16:
visit vfs offices in person and find out. Didnt vfs give you some form of reference number to keep track of the visa processing online?

Ive been tracking the numer ever single day and it keeps sayin

STATUS OF YOUR PASSPORT NUMBER :
APPLICATION HAS BEEN FORWARDED TO THE CONSULATE GENERAL OF FRANCE, LAGOS ON 19/10/2015

Ive called vfs severally but its always busy.
Sent out emais but no reply.
Which kain thing b dis nah!
Re: Urgent Help Needed. How Do I Get My Passport Back From France Embassy??????????? by Tay16(f): 4:21pm On Nov 05, 2015
magicminister:

Ive been tracking the numer ever single day and it keeps sayin

STATUS OF YOUR PASSPORT NUMBER :
APPLICATION HAS BEEN FORWARDED TO THE CONSULATE GENERAL OF FRANCE, LAGOS ON 19/10/2015

Ive called vfs severally but its always busy.
Sent out emais but no reply.
Which kain thing b dis nah!
you might just have to wait and see if the status changes in a few more days or so.
Re: Urgent Help Needed. How Do I Get My Passport Back From France Embassy??????????? by worry359(m): 4:36pm On Nov 05, 2015
19th of October till now is not long for the French embassy.
When it gets to three months then start to pester them.

They are totally busy with all the thousands of immigrants from Syria and Libya at the moment.

1 Like

Re: Urgent Help Needed. How Do I Get My Passport Back From France Embassy??????????? by gcof(m): 7:43am On Nov 06, 2015
worry359:
19th of October till now is not long for the French embassy.
When it gets to three months then start to pester them.

They are totally busy with all the thousands of immigrants from Syria and Libya at the moment.
nawa o..what has immigrants from syria and libha got to do with visa processing in Nigeria?

2 Likes

Re: Urgent Help Needed. How Do I Get My Passport Back From France Embassy??????????? by Bandeco(m): 3:04pm On Nov 06, 2015
gcof:
nawa o..what has immigrants from syria and libha got to do with visa processing in Nigeria?
I tire oo.. Some people type before they think. Brainless opinion I tell
Re: Urgent Help Needed. How Do I Get My Passport Back From France Embassy??????????? by magicminister: 1:06pm On Nov 12, 2015
Okay...
I just got my passport back today.
2 days ago, i wrote to vfs asking them to release my passport.
The next day, I got a call from the france consulate.
They asked some questions concerning some other visa on my passport?
Today, I received my passport back with the schengen visa issued.
I wasn't expectin it to be issued cos I requested a withdrawal.

All the same, I am glad for all the help I got here.

Thanks guys.

1 Like

Re: Urgent Help Needed. How Do I Get My Passport Back From France Embassy??????????? by magicminister: 1:07pm On Nov 12, 2015
Tay16:

Didnt go to vfs.
Sent them an email and that worked.
Thanks

(1) (Reply)

NIGERIA, The Second Most Dangerous Country To Visit In The World. See List: / See Photos Of An Accident That Happened In Abeokuta Today / America Is Good Oh! Only 5 Years Here & I Am Already Worth $60+K In Investments

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.