Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,447 members, 7,819,651 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 07:54 PM

The Chosen - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / The Chosen (495 Views)

Story: The Chosen One Part 2 / . (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

The Chosen by Nobody: 2:52pm On Nov 05, 2015
The king sighed; he should have listened to his wife, when she warned against stopping the festival. But, he let the chief priest manipulate him, because of the rivalry between the priests and the priestesses. As a king, he has failed in his duty to settle their dispute and now he has put the kingdom in danger. Now, for his own mistakes, he has to send his son to a land where no one ever returns. The king was so deep in thoughts that he was oblivious to the commotion that was going on around him.
“Your majesty, this is not the time to be lost in thoughts, you need to make a decision fast. Please give the royal command to let your son go on this journey to redeem our kingdom.” The high priestess cut into the king’s thoughts.
“Must my son go on this journey? The prophecy states that someone of royal blood must go on the journey. Can I not go in his place?”
“Do not speak like a child your majesty; you know your place is in the kingdom. I understand how you feel, but this is a mission for the young, brave and strong.” The high priestess answered.
“You cannot know how I feel, you do not have a child.” The king said.
“That is true, but the priestesses I watch over are just like my children. So please do not be sentimental and give the royal command.”
“My father, do not be sad I shall go into the dark lands and I shall return victorious. All I need is an army of one hundred men.” The crown prince said.
“Your highness, the dark lands is not a place for just anybody. Only the chosen may go there and there is no guarantee that they will return.” Oluwo responded.
“For the very first time since I have known you, Oluwo, you have spoken with wisdom.” The high priestess said.
Omifunke was beginning to hate the prince, who did he think he was? How could he even think of taking an army to the dark lands?
“But, didn’t the prophecy say that the noble and pure will go to the dark lands?” The king asked.
“Indeed your majesty. That is what the prophecy states. And we all know that no one is purer at heart than the Omi priestesses.” The high priestess answered and the chief priest scoffed at her response. But, she ignored him and continued.
“That is why I have brought two of my apprentices with me; one of them shall accompany the prince on this journey. This is Omitilewa, the priestess who found out that the calabash is missing and, this is Omifunke, a priestess whose destiny is great but, unknown.”
Continue reading at

https://aminatawastories./2015/11/05/the-golden-calabash-the-chosen/
Thanks

(1) (Reply)

Call For Participation Oyo State Interparty Youth Forum Inaugural Meeting / Realization Of A Publishing Dream: The Story Of Judith Iweoha / The. Agony And Fear Of Childbirth

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.