Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,111 members, 7,821,819 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 07:22 PM

To Whom Do I Pay The Dowry Of A Wife From Motherless Babies Homes? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / To Whom Do I Pay The Dowry Of A Wife From Motherless Babies Homes? (1804 Views)

Husband Dies Saving Wife From Electrocution In Bauchi / Can You Trust A Wife Like This? / Corper Divorces Her Husband In Jos, Refunds N80K Dowry (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

To Whom Do I Pay The Dowry Of A Wife From Motherless Babies Homes? by ayo4lahanyahoo: 4:28pm On Nov 05, 2015
Hi Folks,

I've been trying to solve this circumstantial puzzle about paying dowries. Religion and customs states that the parent of the bride are entitled to recieve the dowry, but what happens in a case where there is no parent, relative or guardian? Do I pay to the church or what? Pls help!!!!!!!!
Re: To Whom Do I Pay The Dowry Of A Wife From Motherless Babies Homes? by Cutehector(m): 4:30pm On Nov 05, 2015
Marry her for free na.. Shuo...
Re: To Whom Do I Pay The Dowry Of A Wife From Motherless Babies Homes? by MifiHost: 4:48pm On Nov 05, 2015
Mifihost - Premium Free Domain And Free Web Hosting Services
https://www.nairaland.com/2553760/mifihost-premium-free-domain-free
Re: To Whom Do I Pay The Dowry Of A Wife From Motherless Babies Homes? by raayah(f): 4:49pm On Nov 05, 2015
No need for dowry.
Re: To Whom Do I Pay The Dowry Of A Wife From Motherless Babies Homes? by thorpido(m): 4:51pm On Nov 05, 2015
The proprietress of the motherless babies' home is in the best position to receive it or she may assign someone else.
raayah:
No need for dowry.
The child may be motherless but someone raised her.If the traditional marriage is to be observed,they decide how it goes.

4 Likes

Re: To Whom Do I Pay The Dowry Of A Wife From Motherless Babies Homes? by raayah(f): 4:59pm On Nov 05, 2015
thorpido:
The proprietress of the motherless babies' home is in the best position to receive it or she may assign someone else.
The child may be motherless but someone raised her.If the traditional marriage is to be observed,they decide how it goes.

Traditional marriage without family?
Re: To Whom Do I Pay The Dowry Of A Wife From Motherless Babies Homes? by OKUCHI11(m): 5:07pm On Nov 05, 2015
pls it is Bride price not Dowry.....
Re: To Whom Do I Pay The Dowry Of A Wife From Motherless Babies Homes? by thorpido(m): 5:07pm On Nov 05, 2015
raayah:

The motherless babies' home is family.
Have you ever been to one?

4 Likes

Re: To Whom Do I Pay The Dowry Of A Wife From Motherless Babies Homes? by raayah(f): 5:09pm On Nov 05, 2015
thorpido:
The motherless babies' home is family.
Have you ever been to one?

Pardon me if I don't see it that way. Except OP picks a fresh 16 year old gir from the orphanage home. Most homes only help you till you reach adulthood. Most of those kids get adopted.

Between adulthood and marriage, who's to say that the director of the orphanage has not been replaced
Re: To Whom Do I Pay The Dowry Of A Wife From Motherless Babies Homes? by thorpido(m): 5:25pm On Nov 05, 2015
raayah:

Pardon me if I don't see it that way. Except OP picks a fresh 16 year old gir from the orphanage home. Most homes only help you till you reach adulthood. Most of those kids get adopted.

Between adulthood and marriage, who's to say that the director of the orphanage has not been replaced
If the child is adopted,then that family becomes her family.Most homes are owned by the proprietress and except they die,they decide on the child.
I'm saying this because apart from the proprietress,most homes have carers and volunteers and these people become part of the family.I've actually seen a girl who was raised in a motherless babies' home get married and the home was the family.

1 Like

Re: To Whom Do I Pay The Dowry Of A Wife From Motherless Babies Homes? by frankcris(m): 5:25pm On Nov 05, 2015
OKUCHI11:
pls it is Bride price not Dowry.....

tell them
Re: To Whom Do I Pay The Dowry Of A Wife From Motherless Babies Homes? by Nobody: 5:56pm On Nov 05, 2015
Pay to the HOME and do COURT WEDDING
Re: To Whom Do I Pay The Dowry Of A Wife From Motherless Babies Homes? by libertyfather(m): 6:30pm On Nov 05, 2015
Access Bank

3 Likes

Re: To Whom Do I Pay The Dowry Of A Wife From Motherless Babies Homes? by adeememman(m): 7:02pm On Nov 05, 2015
I smell fp
Re: To Whom Do I Pay The Dowry Of A Wife From Motherless Babies Homes? by PresVA: 7:49pm On Nov 05, 2015
ayo4lahanyahoo:
Hi Folks,

I've been trying to solve this circumstantial puzzle about paying dowries. Religion and customs states that the parent of the bride are entitled to recieve the dowry, but what happens in a case where there is no parent, relative or guardian? Do I pay to the church or what? Pls help!!!!!!!!
pay to the church for what reason? Go and pay to the motherless home, they brought her up.. They're her family. ..

1 Like

Re: To Whom Do I Pay The Dowry Of A Wife From Motherless Babies Homes? by itstpia8: 7:52pm On Nov 05, 2015
this is such a d.umb thread.

why cant you just go to a registry, if paying bride price is important to you then marry someone whose parents are available to receive it.

is this rocket science?

2 Likes

Re: To Whom Do I Pay The Dowry Of A Wife From Motherless Babies Homes? by Trypa(f): 8:13pm On Nov 05, 2015
raayah:

It happens and that motherless home? They r her family
Re: To Whom Do I Pay The Dowry Of A Wife From Motherless Babies Homes? by itstpia8: 8:21pm On Nov 05, 2015
go to a registry!

why must the woman be forced to have a traditional marriage when she was not raised in a traditional setting?

use your common sense plz.

And like i said, if you want a traditional marriage, then you either marry someone who has a traditional background or if it's the woman who wants it, then have the people who raised you, do it.

the whole thing seems like a scam sef, what kind of question is this?
Re: To Whom Do I Pay The Dowry Of A Wife From Motherless Babies Homes? by raayah(f): 8:31pm On Nov 05, 2015
Trypa:

It happens and that motherless home? They r her family

I understand. its just my thinking that most motherless babies home are usually filled with young kids waiting for adoption or being raised. That's why I was skeptical. If he wants to give money out to orphanage sure but I won't call it bride price. Neither will the orphanage.
Re: To Whom Do I Pay The Dowry Of A Wife From Motherless Babies Homes? by Nobody: 8:45pm On Nov 05, 2015
I will like to marry some one from there,even not for any thing,just want to experience another part of life and how she will be treating people
Re: To Whom Do I Pay The Dowry Of A Wife From Motherless Babies Homes? by Trypa(f): 8:46pm On Nov 05, 2015
raayah:

I understand. its just my thinking that most motherless babies home are usually filled with young kids waiting for adoption or being raised. That's why I was skeptical. If he wants to give money out to orphanage sure but I won't call it bride price. Neither will the orphanage.

U r right dear but they still call it dowry

(1) (Reply)

Meet My Son And His Val / Picture Of Mum Breastfeeding Baby At A Wedding Breaks The Internet / How Many Of Us Still Use This In Our Houses? (pic)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.