Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,828 members, 7,817,422 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 11:57 AM

A Day On The Devil's Highway - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / A Day On The Devil's Highway (767 Views)

Buhari Launches Calabar-Kastina-Ala Super Highway Project / Buhari Arrives Cross Rivers For Flag-off Of 260km Super Highway / Ex-militants, Soldiers Clash Along Warri-port Harcourt Highway (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

A Day On The Devil's Highway by asha80(m): 6:20pm On May 12, 2009
Re: A Day On The Devil's Highway by jona2: 6:21pm On May 12, 2009
Enugu. grin
Re: A Day On The Devil's Highway by asha80(m): 6:23pm On May 12, 2009
*jona:

Enugu. grin

Brainless fool.
Re: A Day On The Devil's Highway by jamace(m): 6:29pm On May 12, 2009
Re: A Day On The Devil's Highway by asha80(m): 6:32pm On May 12, 2009
jamace:

Why?
Re: A Day On The Devil's Highway by blacksta(m): 6:44pm On May 12, 2009
vison 2020 my ass - Yar adua if they read " You don kolo"
Re: A Day On The Devil's Highway by AloyEmeka9: 6:45pm On May 12, 2009
Sagamnu and Ore is any travellers nightmare. I don't know who to blame because even if govt repair that road, those Ore criminals will dig holes in them to catch anybody traveling down the east.  Many igbos and Niger Deltans have been victims of these criminals especially if you are traveling during the festive season.

There was a day they I fell into their trap and my front tires went flat. I wanted to put the spare, manage the car to Benin and fix it before heading to Onitsha but these Ore boys seized me and demanded for my vulcanizer license. I thought they were joking until they grouped together and said it's either I live that area with the blown tires or pay them to fix it. i agreed to pay them to fix it and they came back and told me that my engine is too hot and it means they MUST change my pistons and rings. Pistons and rings in a 2 year old car?. We argued till 6pm and they told me that armed robbers will be on patrol from 7pm. I had to pay them N15K to bail myself. That night, I slept in a very local motel near Uniben.

Please: I don't care what is wrong with your car, as long as it moves, [size=14pt]never EVER stop at ORE unless you want to be meat that day. Try and manage your car to Benin city at all cost.
[/size]
Re: A Day On The Devil's Highway by asha80(m): 6:48pm On May 12, 2009
@AloyEmeka

grin
Re: A Day On The Devil's Highway by AloyEmeka9: 6:52pm On May 12, 2009
@Asha, it's not funny and I heard recently that many igbos have paid a visit to the ore king to complain about this trap set by hoodlums hiding in every nook and cranny of Ore. They are not full blown armed robbers[although that may be their night job] but if you enter into their trap during the day, na God go save you. Whether you like it or not, you must pay for all the services they prescribe for your vehicle otherwise you are not going anywhere. Do you know what I begged them that day?. Even tpiah will have mercy on me. The guy told me that they MUST CHANGE MY PISTON AND RINGS WHETHER I LIKE IT OR NOT.
Re: A Day On The Devil's Highway by asha80(m): 6:57pm On May 12, 2009
Aloy.Emeka:

@Asha, it's not funny and I heard recently that many igbos have paid a visit to the ore king to complain about this trap set by hoodlums hiding in every nook and cranny of Ore. They are not full blown armed robbers[although that may be their night job] but if you enter into their trap during the day, na God go save you. Whether you like it or not, you must pay for all the services they prescribe for your vehicle otherwise you are not going anywhere. Do you know what I begged them that day?. Even tpiah will have mercy on me. The guy told me that they MUST CHANGE MY PISTON AND RINGS WHETHER I LIKE IT OR NOT.

shocked grin Nna na whao.

Maybe it is hightime to carry a gun with you on any journey on that road so that if anyone f^%! up u down am!
Re: A Day On The Devil's Highway by jona2: 7:03pm On May 12, 2009
Aloy.Emeka:

shocked shocked :-I LAUGH WHEN I READ SOME IGBO PPLE CONDEMING OTHER TRIBES IN NIGERIA,IN GNANA IF10 ROBBERS ARE ARRESTED 5 OF THEM WILL BE IGBOS NOT ONLY IN ROBBERIES BUT IN ALL CRIMES IN GHANA THE IGBOS ARE SO NOTORIOUS THEY ARE EVEN CLAIMING TO BE THE MOST CLEVER TRIBES IN NIGERIA,THEY ARE INTO ALOT OF DUBIOUS BUSINESS,THE MOMENT PPLE KNOW U AS A NIGERIAN IN GHANA THE NEXT THING IS TO KNOW IF YOU ARE AN IGBO PERSON IF YOU ARE,THEN THEY WILL BE WATCHING YOU CLOSELY,WHAT AN AVERAGE IGBO MAN IS THINKING IS MONEY X
Re: A Day On The Devil's Highway by tpiah: 7:10pm On May 12, 2009
Aloy.Emeka:

Even tpiah will have mercy on me.

dont bet on it.

If your vehicle is a traffic hazard, fix it, dumbo.

You and your lemon cars! angry
Re: A Day On The Devil's Highway by redsun(m): 7:17pm On May 12, 2009
Moral decadence.What else can one say?
Re: A Day On The Devil's Highway by AloyEmeka9: 7:47pm On May 12, 2009
dont bet on it.

If your vehicle is a traffic hazard, fix it, dumbo.

You and your lemon cars!
And what are you again?. MOT?
Re: A Day On The Devil's Highway by blacksta(m): 8:30pm On May 12, 2009
i am serously considering owning a gun - it looks like it is the only way forward. In Nigeria do i have right to bear arms.
Re: A Day On The Devil's Highway by redsun(m): 8:40pm On May 12, 2009
I wonder why any body will like to buy a slick car in nigeria with this kind of roads,land rovers,jeeps and motor bikes will fair better on this kind of roads.

Secondly,when was this video made?Don't tell me it is this year and that it is a current issue.
Re: A Day On The Devil's Highway by blacksta(m): 9:03pm On May 12, 2009
redsun:

I wonder why any body will like to buy a slick car in nigeria with this kind of roads,land rovers,jeeps and motor bikes will fair better on this kind of roads.

Secondly,when was this video made?Don't tell me it is this year and that it is a current issue.

Absolute no point buying any fancy car- the road will ruin the vehicle -- I will look for an old land rover - that will do the trick on Nigerian roads.
Re: A Day On The Devil's Highway by redsun(m): 9:13pm On May 12, 2009
Anything outside rugged four wheel drive or motor bike in nigeria is just a waste of money.Absolute problems requires absolute solutions
Re: A Day On The Devil's Highway by ikeyman00(m): 9:24pm On May 12, 2009
@@@@@

and we are talkin about kano-lagos rail line!!

shocked shocked

deepjona i also laugh so loud the way yorobos disgrace nigeria in UK!! too many 419ners

shocked
Re: A Day On The Devil's Highway by ikeyman00(m): 9:26pm On May 12, 2009
@@@@@

and we are talkin about kano-lagos rail line!!

shocked shocked

deepjona i also laugh so loud the way yorobos disgrace nigeria in UK!! too many 419ners

shocked
Re: A Day On The Devil's Highway by bawomolo(m): 9:26pm On May 12, 2009
aloy emeka - sorry to hear about the hell you went through.  How was the motel  grin
Re: A Day On The Devil's Highway by asha80(m): 9:40pm On May 12, 2009
redsun:

It is as current as it gets.It was just made some days ago.
Re: A Day On The Devil's Highway by yicob(m): 9:54pm On May 12, 2009
Lagos Ibadan expressway. Trailers here and there. No brake, no overtaking signal, they drink and drive.
Re: A Day On The Devil's Highway by AloyEmeka9: 4:57am On May 13, 2009
aloy emeka - sorry to hear about the hell you went through. How was the motel

I couldn't make it to Benin city that night because there is another village very close to Benin that is a beehive for armed robbers. The motel I slept in that night was something else. The bed was broken half way and I had to push the bed to hold the door after locking it in case someone breaks the door open at the middle of the night because I was afraid of the suspicious looking guys that checked me in. I also armed myself with my car jack in someone tries to be smart with me. Mind you this is supposed to be a motel where I can chill, watch CNN and eat good food. I ate cold chicken in their bar, drank a glass of beer and made sure the people there saw me enter my room with a car jack in my hand. Please please, don't ever stop at ORE for any reason.
Re: A Day On The Devil's Highway by redsun(m): 3:44pm On May 13, 2009
With the oil boom,man u guys are really crazy,a major highway looking like that in the 21st century,a death trap and people talk of health and safety in nigeria.It is not in any way better than somalia and any rogue or war turn state.

Honestly,i don't think we are mentally matured enough to drive,cars are mechanisms that connects with roads,they both go hand in hand,one can't do without the other,unless of course u are in a safari race or in treacherous places.

Losing touch with the basis is a monumental problem because nothing adds up.Go back to ur roots.
Re: A Day On The Devil's Highway by tpiah: 3:46pm On May 13, 2009
Aloy.Emeka:

I couldn't make it to Benin city that night because there is another village very close to Benin that is a beehive for armed robbers. The motel I slept in that night was something else. The bed was broken half way and I had to push the bed to hold the door after locking it in case someone breaks the door open at the middle of the night because I was afraid of the suspicious looking guys that checked me in. I also armed myself with my car jack in someone tries to be smart with me. Mind you this is supposed to be a motel where I can chill, watch CNN and eat good food. I ate cold chicken in their bar, drank a glass of beer and made sure the people there saw me enter my room with a car jack in my hand. Please please, don't ever stop at ORE for any reason.

no peace for the wicked! They run even from their own shadow! and when no one is pursuing them- since they know the state of their own mind.
Re: A Day On The Devil's Highway by tpiah: 3:59pm On May 13, 2009
@ topic

that road needs to be dualized- with at least four lanes on each side.

Transportation is big business in Nigeria sha- see the number of commercial vehicles on that road.

If the road conditions are improved, it will help people see the various tribes dont live on different continents like they always insist.

As for armed robbers- well, smoking ganja is a big factor in creating them.

God help us.
Re: A Day On The Devil's Highway by blacksta(m): 4:13pm On May 13, 2009
redsun:

With the oil boom,man u guys are really crazy,a major highway looking like that in the 21st century,a death trap and people talk of health and safety in nigeria.It is not in any way better than somalia and any rogue or war turn state.

Honestly,i don't think we are mentally matured enough to drive,cars are mechanisms that connects with roads,they both go hand in hand,one can't do without the other,unless of course u are in a safari race or in treacherous places.

Losing touch with the basis is a monumental problem because nothing adds up.Go back to ur roots.

in the same country - with bad road you see some one owing a bently or sport merc - i just pity the chasis and underpan of those cars.
Re: A Day On The Devil's Highway by redsun(m): 4:29pm On May 13, 2009
Can u imagine that?Misplaced priorities.
Re: A Day On The Devil's Highway by AloyEmeka9: 4:33pm On May 13, 2009
Benin Police:

After you cross ORE, your next death zone will be the Bini police. They are the most stubborn police and mean police on earth. If one document is missing from that vehicle especially if na new vehicle, it's either you vomit 50k there or they tow you to their station and throw you in jail with criminals. If you driving a private van or pick up truck with your business name on it, make sure you have local Benin documents covering the name because those boys will hijack you. Normally, if you get the documents in lagos or any other state, their own papers will cover you but not in Benin.

Remember:

To avoid travelling on this road decemeber 23-27th and jan[going west towards lagos] 1st -5th; from good friday to the tuesday after easter. The whole of august because of the very many july august festivals going on in the east. If you are trapped into these dates, use a flight to owerri or enugu or PH.

Easter scenario: During easter, Yorubas in the village travel to lagos to enjoy easter, igbos in the city travel to the village to enjoy easter, Enoch adeboye is doing holy ghost festival, other churches are doing their thing and the whole lagos -benin express way will come to a halt.Benin -onitsha is better because it's decongested a littlle bit and it's dualized[2 way each].
Re: A Day On The Devil's Highway by redsun(m): 4:41pm On May 13, 2009
It purely a lawless country.No law under normal circumstances is ever too minute to overlook.There is no half way to civility,it either civility or unrest.
Re: A Day On The Devil's Highway by tpiah: 5:40pm On May 13, 2009
Aloy.Emeka:

During easter, Yorubas in the village travel to lagos to enjoy easter

do they!!!

(1) (Reply)

Financial Secretary And Treasurer / FG Deregulates Railways, Approves N114bn For Locomotives / Why Daniel’s Commissioner Quits; ‘i’m Tired Of Doing Dirty Jobs For Him’

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.