Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,609 members, 7,820,169 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 10:50 AM

With Working BVN, National ID Card Is A Waste. - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / With Working BVN, National ID Card Is A Waste. (1610 Views)

FG To Link BVN With National ID Card By 2016 / Buhari Presented With His National ID Card (Photos) / Season Of Biometric Thingz (BVN, National e.ID And Others) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

With Working BVN, National ID Card Is A Waste. by tallfact: 6:55pm On Nov 05, 2015
For years most Nigerians enrolled for national IDs without any successful implementation by the federal government . The previous administration also re-strategies but all to no avail because they got it wrong from inception. Just yesteryear BVN was introduced by CBN and today it's a success story reason being that most stack holders in the industry are private organisations which can be whipped by government to line and always tried as much as possible not to be witch-hunted by the CBN staff which normally fine a way to be bribed . 

Though the policy was meant for the banks and their customers security wise. This can be extended to other areas like policing, hospital, hotel accommodation, transportation, censor, employment, senior citizens recognition and other important societal issues.

It's important to note that BVN, national ID, driver's license, medical data and all personal information could be on any of the mentioned cards and therefore they are all carbon copies to one another. Call it any name it will serve just like the US social security number. With it any body we know you. It does not necessarily mean that everybody will have access to all your data only some security bodies.

What the government simply need to do is to first of all find a way to keep the data secure by introducing controls. Secondly merge the existing BVN with the already registered Nigerians on national ID card scheme to have a good number to start with. Encourage all industries just like the banks to find a way to key in their customers to the system while those without a number will not be able to transact business at some point in future. KYC is important.

Financing should be strictly done by government while viewing access will be granted to all organisations. They will use it to confirm the social status of their customers. The organisations could be requested to pay stipends yearly.  

Policy in Nigeria are always good and well laid out but sincerity of purpose, implementation, evaluation and maintenance  are what we lack as a country. Most policy were put out to enrich some money bags bank account. Believe we also need to put control on contract cost.

Nigerians are endowed. We can be who ever we want to be. The number of the shafts in our grains are limited, they can be crushed and crumbled if only we unit as a country rather than being antagonists to one another as people. Note evil only thrived when we do nothing to arrest it. Evil doers are most of the time bullies, they can not stand the heat openly.

Written by Tallfact‎

1 Like

Re: With Working BVN, National ID Card Is A Waste. by wordcat(m): 6:57pm On Nov 05, 2015
Waste is our leaders' main hobby.

1 Like

Re: With Working BVN, National ID Card Is A Waste. by pet4ril(f): 6:59pm On Nov 05, 2015
Hmmmmm let me see how this will help the masses this time
Re: With Working BVN, National ID Card Is A Waste. by tallfact: 7:04pm On Nov 05, 2015
wordcat:
Waste is our leaders' main hobby.
I really don't understand Nigeria. These things are not rocket sciences
pet4ril:
pet4ril:

Let us be hopeful, one day we will get it right.
Re: With Working BVN, National ID Card Is A Waste. by baralatie(m): 7:04pm On Nov 05, 2015
on the contrary with the bvn the nin becomes inevitably compulsory!
Re: With Working BVN, National ID Card Is A Waste. by Nobody: 7:12pm On Nov 05, 2015
Yea too many registrations in Nigeria. They can all synchronize. Voters card, sim registration, NIN, BVN, NYSC registration, hospital registrations, prisoners registration, drivers license, all should be synchronized and let's see how fraud will happen in Nigeria. It will put an end to all criminal act

1 Like

Re: With Working BVN, National ID Card Is A Waste. by wordcat(m): 7:12pm On Nov 05, 2015
tallfact:
I really don't understand Nigeria. These things are not rocket sciences
To them, it is more than rocket science!
Re: With Working BVN, National ID Card Is A Waste. by ajani1978(m): 7:30pm On Nov 05, 2015
Come and see what customer pass through yesterday in bank I witnessed it people go back without money even account owner. I don't think it will supersede national id or driver licence
Re: With Working BVN, National ID Card Is A Waste. by wachakuta(m): 7:32pm On Nov 05, 2015
They will be linked
Re: With Working BVN, National ID Card Is A Waste. by tallfact: 8:05pm On Nov 05, 2015
wachakuta:
They will be linked

It will be best.
Re: With Working BVN, National ID Card Is A Waste. by waldigit: 9:05pm On Nov 05, 2015
wordcat:

To them, it is more than rocket science!
it is because our emphasis is always on money and not value.
We shun knowledge as real value we fail to realize money is merely playing the role of a store for value.

(1) (Reply)

Pic: Victor Banjo And David Ejoor On Their First Day In The Army, November 1953 / What Right Does Luggard Has To Proclaim Me Nigeria, That Nnamdi Kanu Dont Have / Senator Dino Melaye Claimed He Was A Student To Open America Account

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.