Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,151 members, 7,818,470 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 04:31 PM

I Am Watching All Of You – Hameed Ali To Custom Officers - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / I Am Watching All Of You – Hameed Ali To Custom Officers (1120 Views)

Nigerians Urge Ali To Wear Customs Uniform / List Of Senators That Mandated Customs Boss, Hammed Ali To Reappear In Uniform / Photos Of Hameed Ali Answering Questions In The Senate Today (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Am Watching All Of You – Hameed Ali To Custom Officers by ALISMILE(m): 7:00pm On Nov 05, 2015
The Comptroller-General of The Nigerian Customs Service, Colonel Hameed Ali (rtd), has said that all officers in the Nigerian Customs Services are under close watch and will be punished if found guilty of corruption. He noted that there would be no favoritism during posting as any officers who has occupied a position in a unit for three years can be transferred. Col. Hammed Ali made this statement when he visited the FCT command on Tuesday in Abuja, adding that, no more permanent posting to unit commands and departments in the service, adding that, every officer in Customs must work to earn promotion. He also emphasised the need for officers to imbibe discipline in carrying out their duties and shun corruption. “All officers are under close watch because if any mistake is done by any unit command, it will register internationally and that is not good for the image of the service. “The general view of the public is that customs is the most undisciplined and corrupt service because of the nature of our job that needs to be addressed. “You are not in customs to make money and enrich yourself but to work hard because if you are caught you must face the law. None of you should make me use you as an example; if your intention is to be corrupt then you cannot survive this time around. “No more god-fatherism in Customs; you will earn promotion, not get promotion and for you to earn it, you must attain the qualification based on performance evaluation,” Ali said. Ali said that officers’ welfare would be upgraded and urged them to work hard in carrying out their duties to boost the service revenues. The customs boss said that the service was doing everything possible to meet its 2015 revenue target set by the Federal Government. “We (Customs) are working hard to meet our set target by the Federal Government which is N944 billion for 2015. “We are hopeful of that and with the cooperation of all segments in our industry, commitment of people and now with the new management we have gotten in place, I am optimistic that we would achieve our goal. “Fighting corruption, let me say, is not the job of customs alone; it is not the job of police; it is a job for everybody. So if we as individuals are ready to rid our minds of corruption, I am sure our jobs would be very easy. “Enforcement is again the second option; we must enforce; there must be punishment for infraction and reward for those who comply,” he added.
thesheet.ng/i-am-watching-all-of-you-customs-boss-to-officers/

1 Like

Re: I Am Watching All Of You – Hameed Ali To Custom Officers by ABUGEORGE(m): 7:22pm On Nov 05, 2015
I like this Man Principle...... Nigeria Will Be Great Again,,,, I Believe

1 Like

Re: I Am Watching All Of You – Hameed Ali To Custom Officers by evatee(m): 7:26pm On Nov 05, 2015
Seems he is the only one working presently in Sai baba cabinet...

1 Like

Re: I Am Watching All Of You – Hameed Ali To Custom Officers by Duru1(m): 7:32pm On Nov 05, 2015
ABUGEORGE:
I like this Man Principle...... Nigeria Will Be Great Again,,,, I Believe

Are you this irresponsibly gullible?
Re: I Am Watching All Of You – Hameed Ali To Custom Officers by baby124: 7:38pm On Nov 05, 2015
I hope he is also watching that dull mumu that told those custom officers to bury all that chicken. Who ever ordered that is too dull and needs to voluntarily retire. If you are serious about destroying something, you burn it
Re: I Am Watching All Of You – Hameed Ali To Custom Officers by playahata: 9:40pm On Nov 05, 2015
Why only customs? why not the police as well? I smell a hidden agenda
Re: I Am Watching All Of You – Hameed Ali To Custom Officers by mars123(m): 9:43pm On Nov 05, 2015
evatee:
Seems he is the only one working presently in Sai baba cabinet...
Kachikwu nko?
Re: I Am Watching All Of You – Hameed Ali To Custom Officers by nickxtra(m): 9:45pm On Nov 05, 2015
baby124:
I hope he is also watching that dull mumu that told those custom officers to bury all that chicken. Who ever ordered that is too dull and needs to voluntarily retire. If you are serious about destroying something, you burn it
Also, if you burn the chicken, you don given them roasted chicken b that na.
Re: I Am Watching All Of You – Hameed Ali To Custom Officers by LordMecuzy(m): 9:46pm On Nov 05, 2015
Duru1:

Are you this irresponsibly gullible?

Nwanne chill biko customs officers are now scared unlike before go and ask any importer what's happening now...... Thanks

1 Like

Re: I Am Watching All Of You – Hameed Ali To Custom Officers by asha80(m): 5:20am On Nov 06, 2015
[url][/url]
LordMecuzy:

Nwanne chill biko customs officers are now scared unlike before go and ask any importer what's happening now...... Thanks
what's happening now?
Re: I Am Watching All Of You – Hameed Ali To Custom Officers by babdap: 6:30am On Nov 06, 2015
U get eagle eye ni.
Re: I Am Watching All Of You – Hameed Ali To Custom Officers by Nobody: 6:35am On Nov 06, 2015
Great nations build strong institutions. Third World nations attempt to build strong people. The former is more civilised.
Re: I Am Watching All Of You – Hameed Ali To Custom Officers by ALISMILE(m): 8:25am On Nov 06, 2015
dearpreye:
Great nations build strong institutions. Third World nations attempt to build strong people. The former is more civilised.
Only strong pple can get the nation to build strong institutions!get that pls

(1) (Reply)

Current Apc Government Assignment From God For Nigerian's To Be Wiser. / Nigeria At 56 - The Real Problem With Nigeria Is Not Corruption, Stupidity Is. / Fresh Facts Expose How Ekweremadu, Others Withdrew N8 Billion, Laundered Funds

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.