Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,742 members, 7,817,051 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 01:06 AM

5 Questions Every Student Should Answer - Education (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / 5 Questions Every Student Should Answer (22598 Views)

9 Destructive Habits Every University Student Should Let Go / 10 Apps Every Student Must Have On Their Smartphones / 5 Basic Skills Every Student Should Learn (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 5 Questions Every Student Should Answer by menix(m): 2:18am On Nov 06, 2015
What of we wey no come go skool?

Make we just dey waka without asking queshion too bah...
Re: 5 Questions Every Student Should Answer by kennycalls(m): 2:19am On Nov 06, 2015
ok
Re: 5 Questions Every Student Should Answer by k3npat(m): 2:20am On Nov 06, 2015
Fidelismaria:
wink grin grin sum re in skul to f**k bitches
Sex is now a habit bro
Re: 5 Questions Every Student Should Answer by phillmartgroup(m): 2:20am On Nov 06, 2015
Sai saraki

Re: 5 Questions Every Student Should Answer by teepaul1: 2:21am On Nov 06, 2015
Very good ideal
Re: 5 Questions Every Student Should Answer by sirstanley(m): 2:21am On Nov 06, 2015
Tonischuller:
To become a succeeding student who eventually graduates into a successful graduate is not always an easy task otherwise we will have less failing students, and the number of jobless plus incompetent graduates won’t be alarming.

The challenge I see on Nigerian campuses is that of a situation where many students are negligent of the reason(s) for which they’re in school and the fact that their actions or inactions are closely linked to what could come next after graduation.

To help you overcome this challenge, here are 5 questions you should provide sincere answers to. You might want to write them down along with the answers and review some of it periodically because life itself is a learning process; we learn and unlearn every day.

1. Why are you in school?

Are you in school to gain knowledge?

Is it because of the certificate?

Or could it because you wish to be able to secure a great job and a good life after graduation?

You might easily pop out answers that sound like the ones above however, I’ll want you critically review your answer(s) because providing a sincere and the right answer will definitely influence the things you do, the way you act as a student and the things you consider important.

2. What is your background?

What kind of home do you come from? Do you know your roots?

Going through school conscious of the ‘home you come from’ is important.

If where you come from provides you with no uncles or aunties who can reserve a federal government job for you then you might want to sit up and reject the lifestyle of your classmates who have their future worked out because they’ve got family members in high places.

While a student, I knew that an extra year was never an option because it was clear that there was no provision for extra school fees hence an extra year meant I’ll have to pay the fees myself.

To become successful, you need to be true to yourself. Don’t spend your life on campus as though you were born with a silver spoon when in the real sense you were born with no spoon at all.

3. What is success to you?

As you journey through school it is crucial for you to write down what success will look like at the end of the journey.

State what you’ll need to have at the end of your school that will make you feel successful. This will help to keep you away from being distracted by the successes of others.

Create a mind picture of who you will look like and the things you’ll possess at the end of your program.

Will having a grade point average of 3.5 be success for you? Will finishing with a business venture along with good grades be success for you?

4. Why will you succeed?

Don’t just fanaticize about how successful you intent to be after school.

Why do you think you will achieve your goals?

Answering this question will provide you with an arsenal of strategies you will work with to achieve your answer to question 3.

The best way to go about answering this question is to use the 2 magical words: ‘if… then…’

For example if success for you is graduating with a second class upper, then the question to ‘why will you succeed’? Can be like:

If I maintain a GP of 3.5 every semester, then I can graduate with a second class upper.

5. What should come next after graduation?

What will you want to do next after leaving school?

I get to see many students graduate into confusion. They finish school and start wondering what next to do. Many also find it difficult in knowing what next to do because they failed to prepare for ‘the next life after school’.

The number one reason why knowing what you will want to do next immediately after graduation is important is because now is the best time to begin preparation.

Will it be a second degree, Postgraduate studies, Job-hunting, or Entrepreneurship?

When you don’t know what you want to do, you can’t plan or prepare. You should know by now that getting out of school ill prepared is no longer funny.

Decide on what you’ll want to do next after graduation and start to plan for it.

Now let’s talk. What other question do you recommend every student should ask?

We will succeed!

CCC:::::Richiez
That's a lot more than five questions
Re: 5 Questions Every Student Should Answer by FILEBE(m): 2:23am On Nov 06, 2015
School is to acquire knowledge and skills! Too much importance attached to this so-called certificates. Our lecturers have a marking scheme, anything outside the scheme is considered wrong. Does that make it a good way to grade?

O.P . Advice them to strive for a good future, advice them for positive change. Knowledge is not intelligence. A word of advice to the students: Go with your passion!

1 Like

Re: 5 Questions Every Student Should Answer by Amiaraking(m): 2:23am On Nov 06, 2015
Nice one@op Nig 4:2 Mex
Re: 5 Questions Every Student Should Answer by eunisam: 2:32am On Nov 06, 2015
Post copied !
Re: 5 Questions Every Student Should Answer by neuroneXY(m): 2:36am On Nov 06, 2015
;DI wanna go to NDA-school- to have connection to the ministry of defence and nothing more... I trust my G*d. He will give me d grace to come out with second class upper and I can eventually be d minister of defence of my lovely country

I wanna go to NDA-school- to have connection to the ministry of defence and nothing more... I trust my G*d. He will give me d grace to come out with second class upper and I can eventually be d minister of defence of my lovely country

I wanna go to NDA-school- to have connection to the ministry of defence and nothing more... I trust my G*d. He will give me d grace to come out with second class upper and I can eventually be d minister of defence of my lovely country
Re: 5 Questions Every Student Should Answer by Johfem(m): 2:37am On Nov 06, 2015
I love dis write up. many don't know d reason why they are in school. maybe dis will help them to have a purpose.
Re: 5 Questions Every Student Should Answer by yourmesprings(m): 2:42am On Nov 06, 2015
Re: 5 Questions Every Student Should Answer by Enrythesis(m): 2:56am On Nov 06, 2015
Wow. Wonderful piece
Re: 5 Questions Every Student Should Answer by Kazrem(m): 3:26am On Nov 06, 2015
#5 very very important. Knowing what next after graduation is a life shaping decision and it can be best chosen at the year one or better still the penultimate year. Op, you are on point in all. This is the kind of thread that should be making FP and not one tonto dikeh goes to salon. It has it's own use anyway.
Re: 5 Questions Every Student Should Answer by bummyla(m): 5:00am On Nov 06, 2015
Thank A Lot Dear! I Wish I Read This Post In My 1st Year 1st Semester And I Took It Serious, A lot Of Difficulties And Challenges I Faced After Graduation Would Have Been A Moi Moi Case. But I Thank GOD Almighty I Recovered All! Thanks For This Post. I Pray A Lot Of People Will Take It Seriously And Avoid The Pit Holes Some Of Us Fell Into! Cheers! http://www.bummyla.com
Re: 5 Questions Every Student Should Answer by princeAbj500: 5:07am On Nov 06, 2015
start a bulksms bussiness visit www.fastsms4u.com join the reseller package
Re: 5 Questions Every Student Should Answer by princeAbj500: 5:08am On Nov 06, 2015
start a bulksms bussiness visit www.fastsms4u.com
Re: 5 Questions Every Student Should Answer by Kirinwa: 5:14am On Nov 06, 2015
michaelmo11:
Nice post OP, most of the students are in school to collect the certificates, to feel among, to honour their parents, to search for life partners, etc.

Depending on your age and maturity. Searching for a life partner in school is not a bad idea.
What matters is that it doesn't derail you or affect your studies which still boils down to maturity.
Re: 5 Questions Every Student Should Answer by ezeuba(m): 5:18am On Nov 06, 2015
xmileeasy:
Most students of this time go to school for the paper qualifications without acquiring knowledge. They prefer GIGO for exams, what makes you a successful student is your ability in applying knowledge gained effectively and efficiently, time and over again with the capacity and room to increase your knowledge, capacity and skill levels
I wish I could like this more than once, if not for anything else just for the correct grammar. Here we are discussing about schools and education related matters and some people are still writing as if this is an SMS where you are forced to use shortened words for sake of space. Thanks.

1 Like

Re: 5 Questions Every Student Should Answer by alutarabbi: 5:38am On Nov 06, 2015
Graduating at all cost is time wasting if you won't be employable and wouldn't posses strong characters to keep a job/work well with other people.
Re: 5 Questions Every Student Should Answer by Edipee(m): 5:40am On Nov 06, 2015
Koko come and read this o. I actually nursed some of these questions in my mind during my school days and even now. .
Re: 5 Questions Every Student Should Answer by Nobody: 5:49am On Nov 06, 2015
Great...
Re: 5 Questions Every Student Should Answer by nigeriancuban: 5:56am On Nov 06, 2015
on point op
Re: 5 Questions Every Student Should Answer by tonyatebe(m): 6:06am On Nov 06, 2015
Hello pls I urgently need telephone contact or address of eBay in Nigeria. I need to confirm some issues. Will greatly appreciate your help. Thanks.
Re: 5 Questions Every Student Should Answer by Nobody: 6:12am On Nov 06, 2015
Nice write up, op.. cool...
Re: 5 Questions Every Student Should Answer by j4sure(m): 6:21am On Nov 06, 2015
noted
Tonischuller:
To become a succeeding student who eventually graduates into a successful graduate is not always an easy task otherwise we will have less failing students, and the number of jobless plus incompetent graduates won’t be alarming.

The challenge I see on Nigerian campuses is that of a situation where many students are negligent of the reason(s) for which they’re in school and the fact that their actions or inactions are closely linked to what could come next after graduation.

To help you overcome this challenge, here are 5 questions you should provide sincere answers to. You might want to write them down along with the answers and review some of it periodically because life itself is a learning process; we learn and unlearn every day.

1. Why are you in school?

Are you in school to gain knowledge?

Is it because of the certificate?

Or could it because you wish to be able to secure a great job and a good life after graduation?

You might easily pop out answers that sound like the ones above however, I’ll want you critically review your answer(s) because providing a sincere and the right answer will definitely influence the things you do, the way you act as a student and the things you consider important.

2. What is your background?

What kind of home do you come from? Do you know your roots?

Going through school conscious of the ‘home you come from’ is important.

If where you come from provides you with no uncles or aunties who can reserve a federal government job for you then you might want to sit up and reject the lifestyle of your classmates who have their future worked out because they’ve got family members in high places.

While a student, I knew that an extra year was never an option because it was clear that there was no provision for extra school fees hence an extra year meant I’ll have to pay the fees myself.

To become successful, you need to be true to yourself. Don’t spend your life on campus as though you were born with a silver spoon when in the real sense you were born with no spoon at all.

3. What is success to you?

As you journey through school it is crucial for you to write down what success will look like at the end of the journey.

State what you’ll need to have at the end of your school that will make you feel successful. This will help to keep you away from being distracted by the successes of others.

Create a mind picture of who you will look like and the things you’ll possess at the end of your program.

Will having a grade point average of 3.5 be success for you? Will finishing with a business venture along with good grades be success for you?

4. Why will you succeed?

Don’t just fanaticize about how successful you intent to be after school.

Why do you think you will achieve your goals?

Answering this question will provide you with an arsenal of strategies you will work with to achieve your answer to question 3.

The best way to go about answering this question is to use the 2 magical words: ‘if… then…’

For example if success for you is graduating with a second class upper, then the question to ‘why will you succeed’? Can be like:

If I maintain a GP of 3.5 every semester, then I can graduate with a second class upper.

5. What should come next after graduation?

What will you want to do next after leaving school?

I get to see many students graduate into confusion. They finish school and start wondering what next to do. Many also find it difficult in knowing what next to do because they failed to prepare for ‘the next life after school’.

The number one reason why knowing what you will want to do next immediately after graduation is important is because now is the best time to begin preparation.

Will it be a second degree, Postgraduate studies, Job-hunting, or Entrepreneurship?

When you don’t know what you want to do, you can’t plan or prepare. You should know by now that getting out of school ill prepared is no longer funny.

Decide on what you’ll want to do next after graduation and start to plan for it.

Now let’s talk. What other question do you recommend every student should ask?

We will succeed!

CCC:::::Richiez
Re: 5 Questions Every Student Should Answer by dtc2k(m): 6:30am On Nov 06, 2015
Divine Touch Computer Training School

OUR VISION, MISSION, VALUES

Vision
Developing Knowledge Professionals for future industries.

Mission
Achieve Academic Recognition and Industry Acceptance through innovative Training.

Values
Excellence in what we do and Integrity with highest level of honesty and accuracy.

Currency of knowledge is what validates relevance, being current puts you ahead of others.Divine Touch Computer Training School gives you:

√ FOCUSED FLEXIBLE TRAINING OPTIONS:
√ 1 COMPUTER = 1 STUDENT
√ 98% FULL PRACTICAL CLASSES DAILY
√ MORNING /AFTERNOON /EVENING
√ Duration: 3 Months

Weekdays Sessions
Monday - Friday (3HOURS)
-Morning Session - 9am -12pm
- Afternoon Session - 2pm - 5pm
- Evening Session - 5pm - 7pm

Saturday (2HOURS)
- Morning Session - 10am -12pm
- Afternoon Session - 12pm - 2pm
- Evening Session - 2pm - 4pm

VISIT US TODAY: 3 Bella Close, Off Quarry Road, Beside former Savannah Bank Building, Abeokuta. Ogun State. 08179409183, 08039408822

An approved National Youth Service Corps Skill Acquisition and Entrepreneurship Development Training (SAED) Centre.
Re: 5 Questions Every Student Should Answer by Blackmilk(m): 6:30am On Nov 06, 2015
APC must not provoke violence — Dickson campaign.

THE Restoration Campaign Organisation of Governor Seriake Dickson re-election has called on the federal government to provide adequate security during the electioneering campaigns and on December 5, stressing that it is the responsibility of the federal government to ensure a peaceful, free and fair election in the state.
The Director –General of the organisation and the member representing Sagbama/Ekeremor Federal Constituency in the House of Representatives, Chief Fred Agbedi, who stated
this during a press conference to unveil the campaign itinerary, expected to commenced on Friday with visit to Brass Local Government Area, further task the All Progressives Congress, APC, to also go about their campaigns peacefully devoid of violence and aggression.
Agbedi, who was flanked by the Deputy Directors for Administration, Operations, Media and publicity, Mr.Talford Ongolo, Claudius Enengesi and Jonathan Obuebite respectively, noted that the call for adequate security became imperative because of attacks on the convoy of the governor by thugs suspected to be APC supporters in Yenagoa.
Re: 5 Questions Every Student Should Answer by lilmax(m): 6:42am On Nov 06, 2015
Serious students don't ask themselves these questions...... Its already inborn
Re: 5 Questions Every Student Should Answer by moscobabs(m): 6:46am On Nov 06, 2015
this is the type of topic we want on fb

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Apply To Les Cours Sonu University Benin Republic(admission In Progress) / Female Graduate Celebrated By Elderly Women (Photo) / OAU Spends N80m On Electricity & N2m On Diesel Every Month

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.