Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,751 members, 7,809,877 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 04:28 PM

Why Are Modern Designers Ditching Coreldraw For Photoshop? - Art, Graphics & Video - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Art, Graphics & Video / Why Are Modern Designers Ditching Coreldraw For Photoshop? (4050 Views)

Tomaz Plugins For Photoshop / Laptop For Photoshop.. / Why Are Modern Designers Ditching Coreldraw For Photoshop? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Are Modern Designers Ditching Coreldraw For Photoshop? by inalegwu99(m): 10:37pm On Nov 05, 2015
I have been oppourtuned to stumble on some designs this days and i realise they have features not particular with the casual softwares for designs wich is coraldraw..most posters and banners, bilboards these days are done with photoshop..with my observations, i felt there are some reasons most designers are following this trend.
1.The flexibility of options that photoshop offer is compared to none,i mean at photoshop,u have many ways of tackling a situation and still come out with a wonderful result but in coraldraw, options may be limited.for instance, in photoshop u have almost 20 ways of removing a background while in coral draw its so limited to like 2.
2.In Photoshop, the tools are so easy to understand and almost self explanatory while in coraldraw, its quite complicated along with the interface
3.Most designes these days lay more enphasis on picture illustrations and manipulations and photoshop is the best destination for that unlike coraldraw.
4.Most modern designs avoid clumsiness of details.(prefare litle details,write up) and trust me,any photographer will want to save his time and use photoshop.
5.The greatest arguement is that photoshop offer more graphical effects than coraldraw and this makes designs done with photoshop kinda unique.
6.Though coraldraw has a pack of text effect but evidence reveal that photoshop is a bumb when it comes to text effect, along with the simplicity of applying it.
7.Photoshop is a photo editing software and a graphic software,this is to say that photoshop is a jack of two trade and a master of both.while coral draw is majorly a design software. though it has a photo editing option but its not wider compared to photoshop.Alot of people will want to use photoshop to save d time of importing photo edited from photoshop to coraldraw.
8.There are more optional pluggins for photoshop than coraldraw.
********feel free to suport or raise issues against it.let the arguement beggins***********
from incarnates studioz

grin
Re: Why Are Modern Designers Ditching Coreldraw For Photoshop? by Nobody: 7:53am On Nov 06, 2015
op..sorry for saying this, you lack idea of the two software, how on earth can you compare two softwares. Let's get things right photoshop is a Raster and not a vector based software while it has it own vector software called Adobe illustrator, in the other hand corel draw has it own Raster called corel photo paint and who told you corel don't have text effects ...tell me 30 things you can do in photoshop and i will tell you 40 things you can do on corel plus another 40 you can't do in photoshop...am not against any of the softwares, i both work with them, and will confess both of them are very unique in there own way.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Are Modern Designers Ditching Coreldraw For Photoshop? by aceprime: 9:38am On Nov 06, 2015
frankben4real:
op..sorry for saying this, you lack idea of the two software, how on earth can you compare two softwares. Let's get things right photoshop is a Raster and not a vector based software while it has it own vector software called Adobe illustrator, in the other hand corel draw has it own Raster called corel photo paint and who told you corel don't have text effects ...tell me 30 things you can do in photoshop and i will tell you 40 things you can do on corel plus another 40 you can't do in photoshop...am not against any of the softwares, i both work with them, and will confess both of them are very unique in there own way.
God bless you,op make your research before dropping loads of errors (don't want to use an offensive word) but this topic is just zero
Re: Why Are Modern Designers Ditching Coreldraw For Photoshop? by felixchip(m): 12:55pm On Nov 06, 2015
Oga op, you are not a designer. Not at all.
I'm sure you've not handled any of these softwares.

You cannot compare a pen and a chalk.
While the other is used to write on paper, the other is used on blackboards.

But, because a pen is portable and is versatile, it in no way does the work of a chalk.
If you see a design, and judge that it's a nice piece 'cause it's designed with Ps, then, it means you're a dum.bass.

A designer is a creative. And, how awesome a design looks lies on the designer, not the software.

CorelDRAW and Photoshop are two different programs serving two different purposes. I'm sure you've never heard of Illustrator and Corel PHOTO PAINT.

Use google.
Thank me later.
Re: Why Are Modern Designers Ditching Coreldraw For Photoshop? by inalegwu99(m): 9:06pm On Nov 06, 2015
So y ar most designers doin all thr works wit photoshop...........the raster or wateva ure sayin does nt count here..wat counts is the inteligence u aply wen doin ur work..name 7 things u can do with AI dat i cant do 100 of it in photoshop...and i put it up to u dat coral photopaint is crap compared to the photo manipulation of photoshop
Re: Why Are Modern Designers Ditching Coreldraw For Photoshop? by felixchip(m): 9:44pm On Nov 06, 2015
inalegwu99:
So y ar most designers doin all thr works wit photoshop...........the raster or wateva ure sayin does nt count here..wat counts is the inteligence u aply wen doin ur work..name 7 things u can do with AI dat i cant do 100 of it in photoshop...and i put it up to u dat coral photopaint is crap compared to the photo manipulation of photoshop

Not why are most designers doing all their works with Ps, but, why you prefer Ps.

Like I said ealier, you are not a designer. You don't even know the difference b/w Raster and Vector.
I told you ealier, the look of a design lies on the designer, not the software.

Corel PHOTO PAINT is rubbish compared to Ps, have you tried it out? Or has anyone around you given it a shot?
NO! You just wake up and start blabbing.

You want me to give you something that can be done with AI and can't be done with Ps abi?

Jejely make a drawing with splines in Ps. Don't add colours. Just the splines.

I'll be expecting to see the result.

1 Like

Re: Why Are Modern Designers Ditching Coreldraw For Photoshop? by aceprime: 10:32pm On Nov 06, 2015
"So y ar most designers doin all thr works wit
photoshop...........the raster or wateva ure sayin
does nt count here"....This got me laughing out loud,op humble yourself and go back to the basics,this is one issue affecting many,just because you can remove an image from a background in PS does not make you a graphic designer or give you the impression that Ps is better than corel,go and learn,imagine comparing PS and corel
Re: Why Are Modern Designers Ditching Coreldraw For Photoshop? by chubbyswit(m): 12:29am On Nov 08, 2015
ignorance is a disease from what i ve seen here. Please photoshop is far more better than corel whatever in all aspects. From the flexibility of working with layers to drawing and painting realistic images, go and do researches, photoshop is used by hollywood movie industries and animation industries to create beautiful and realistic environments and so many other stuffs, and you can vectorise artworks in photoshop by converting them to smart objects. Corel draw is simply chidish and outdated thats my 2cents.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Are Modern Designers Ditching Coreldraw For Photoshop? by felixchip(m): 7:59am On Nov 08, 2015
chubbyswit:
ignorance is a disease from what i ve seen here. Please photoshop is far more better than corel whatever in all aspects. From the flexibility of working with layers to drawing and painting realistic images, go and do researches, photoshop is used by hollywood movie industries and animation industries to create beautiful and realistic environments and so many other stuffs, and you can vectorise artworks in photoshop by converting them to smart objects. Corel draw is simply chidish and outdated thats my 2cents.

I've been trying to chill my nerves and not go hard, but, there seems to be too many stu.pid and dumb people in this section.

So, Photoshop is way better than Corel abi?
Your MUMU no be for Heree at all at all.

Abeg, who get windows 10 make e help me format this guy head kpata kpata. You just wake up and find yourself scribbling on your father's PC and you call yourself a designer abi?

Commot for here jare!

Don't talk when you have no knowledge of what is being discussed.

1 Like

Re: Why Are Modern Designers Ditching Coreldraw For Photoshop? by Qualer: 8:25am On Nov 08, 2015
felixchip:

I've been trying to chill my nerves and not go hard, but, there seems to be too many stu.pid and dumb people in this section.

Abeg, who get windows 10 make e help me format this guy head kpata kpata. You just wake up and find yourself scribbling on your father's PC and you call yourself a designer abi?

Commot for here jare!

grin grin please don't mind dimwits with no professional background. that is the reason one can't find young guys to train to professional level because they just assume they know everything without acquiring the most basic knowledge in what they do. Any advanced and well versed designer knows the value of his vector software.

1 Like

Re: Why Are Modern Designers Ditching Coreldraw For Photoshop? by felixchip(m): 10:16am On Nov 08, 2015
Qualer:

grin grin please don't mind dimwits with no professional background. that is the reason one can't find young guys to train to professional level because they just assume they know everything without acquiring the most basic knowledge in what they do. Any advanced and well versed designer knows the value of his vector software.

See me see wahala o. All of 'em just dey open mouth dey talk anyhow.

Happy Sunday abeg.
Re: Why Are Modern Designers Ditching Coreldraw For Photoshop? by inalegwu99(m): 11:20am On Nov 08, 2015
felixchip:

Not why are most designers doing all their works with Ps, but, why you prefer Ps.

Like I said ealier, you are not a designer. You don't even know the difference b/w Raster and Vector.
I told you ealier, the look of a design lies on the designer, not the software.

Corel PHOTO PAINT is rubbish compared to Ps, have you tried it out? Or has anyone around you given it a shot?
NO! You just wake up and start blabbing.

You want me to give you something that can be done with AI and can't be done with Ps abi?

Jejely make a drawing with splines in Ps. Don't add colours. Just the splines.

I'll be expecting to see the result.
i dont actualy know you are and why u keep begging for atention,it seems u have a deficit which is reading and comprehending....lol u keep emphasing on vector and a bitmap image, seems u are just new in design cus u are more of a theory dan practical.i must not be wrong to asume dat u are simply one of those guys dat learnt graphics thru classroom,dats if u hav learnt very well..i dont have arguement with you.but wen a so called graphic designer like you wants to knw d diferenc between vector(internally created shape) and raster den i asume you not even educated..i believ u have ar not even a graduate like me...so learn to respect ppl and stop blabbing instead of accusing me of blabbing wen ure the one doin dat.......apply dynamism in ur petty works and stop being glued to things that wont make you follow the trend...i hav not even sein ur jobs befor....dude its cool you dont reply cus u will get a bashing.thank you
Re: Why Are Modern Designers Ditching Coreldraw For Photoshop? by inalegwu99(m): 11:30am On Nov 08, 2015
felixchip:

Commot for here jare!

I pity ur inteligence boy...wen last did u handle a job, people like you ar doomed to be stagnant in life,why start insult wen wat a thread needs is arguement? are u actually a dead brain? can u even handle a simple poster job? ur type celebrated wen u got a third hand pc cus dats all u can aford for ur designs..topic is simple...y are most designers these days are prefering photoshop? did i tell u its me?.....go back to school and pls these time make ur parents proud....they actually wasted money raising you up.be useful to ursef even wen u cant to ur family
your yeye no be here....its simply a skunk...ure just a vagina..keep ur mouth shot and buried.thats where u belong.fooooooooool
Re: Why Are Modern Designers Ditching Coreldraw For Photoshop? by inalegwu99(m): 11:38am On Nov 08, 2015
Qualer:

Atleast u spoke more matured unlike d other litle life fellow...but i need you to read the topic again dude..its askin for arguement rather dan insults..the topic is not why photoshop is beter dan coraldraw,its why most designers make do with photoshop doin designs dan coreldraw...watsup with the proffessional background stuf? sincerely do u knw me? can u actualy boast of wat u hav archieved in design dat has made you a pioneer lookin for whom to train? is never too late,u can still apply and i wil teach you 4 design softwares and this could be your date with destiny.......i can see now dat inteligence is a gift that is so expensive..
Re: Why Are Modern Designers Ditching Coreldraw For Photoshop? by inalegwu99(m): 11:44am On Nov 08, 2015
frankben4real:
thanks you are so mature in replying....but the topic is actualy not comparing both....i work with the two very well but these days,the trend is goin for photoshop..and u knw it...i work with illustrator too..like earlier i made mention of corel photopaint..ure actualy learned..ppl like you i can learn from.i hav bein in design for years now...these other guys throwing insult may not even be good..they lack manners..though av given it to them
Re: Why Are Modern Designers Ditching Coreldraw For Photoshop? by felixchip(m): 4:09pm On Nov 08, 2015
inalegwu99:
i dont actualy know you are and why u keep begging for atention,it seems u have a deficit which is reading and comprehending....lol u keep emphasing on vector and a bitmap image, seems u are just new in design cus u are more of a theory dan practical.i must not be wrong to asume dat u are simply one of those guys dat learnt graphics thru classroom,dats if u hav learnt very well..i dont have arguement with you.but wen a so called graphic designer like you wants to knw d diferenc between vector(internally created shape) and raster den i asume you not even educated..i believ u have ar not even a graduate like me...so learn to respect ppl and stop blabbing instead of accusing me of blabbing wen ure the one doin dat.......apply dynamism in ur petty works and stop being glued to things that wont make you follow the trend...i hav not even sein ur jobs befor....dude its cool you dont reply cus u will get a bashing.thank you

Mister, I assume you'd do better when employed by a firm that produces foolproof products.

At least, they will have a first Class fool to test out their products on.
You attended a design school, and you're not ashamed to come out here and speak such words.

If you are sane animal, I guess you'll be covered with shame by now.
Have you for once made a good use of google?

It's your kind that keep flooding this board with free Logo threads and end up providing peeps with files for the Recycle bin.

Grow up. If you're afraid to ask Google, ask your Pops man.

F*uck off.
Re: Why Are Modern Designers Ditching Coreldraw For Photoshop? by felixchip(m): 4:13pm On Nov 08, 2015
inalegwu99:
I pity ur inteligence boy...wen last did u handle a job, people like you ar doomed to be stagnant in life,why start insult wen wat a thread needs is arguement? are u actually a dead brain? can u even handle a simple poster job? ur type celebrated wen u got a third hand pc cus dats all u can aford for ur designs..topic is simple...y are most designers these days are prefering photoshop? did i tell u its me?.....go back to school and pls these time make ur parents proud....they actually wasted money raising you up.be useful to ursef even wen u cant to ur family
your yeye no be here....its simply a skunk...ure just a vagina..keep ur mouth shot and buried.thats where u belong.fooooooooool

Dude, I celebrated when I got a third hand PC. Cool. But, I can feed you and your family from the proceeds made from the same system.

It's your kind that will blame your PC for your Laziness.
And then, you come out to talk to mua.

Boy, I'll keep shut, 'cause I wouldn't want your mom to sk me why I hit her deluded and insane rubbish of a kid.
Re: Why Are Modern Designers Ditching Coreldraw For Photoshop? by inalegwu99(m): 4:56pm On Nov 08, 2015
felixchip:

Dude, I celebrated when I got a third hand PC. Cool. But, I can feed you and your family from the proceeds made from the same system.

It's your kind that will blame your PC for your Laziness.
And then, you come out to talk to mua.

Boy, I'll keep shut, 'cause I wouldn't want your mom to sk me why I hit her deluded and insane rubbish of a kid.
this how madness starts....wen over zealous pusy products like u start having priveledges thru social network...i believe ure still searching for ur parents..u dont knw dem.foool.u cant even feed ur dead tomy and ure hear dropin poo..go sit down one side.atention seeker..looool..you will end up regretin why u started insults on this thread..dats an evidence dat ure a motor park tout.big fool.bastard
Re: Why Are Modern Designers Ditching Coreldraw For Photoshop? by inalegwu99(m): 5:04pm On Nov 08, 2015
chubbyswit:
i am not even saying one is beter, at the end of the topic, i said let the arguement begins..dont knw why some ppl ar taking it totaly personal and startin insults rather tham points to back up there claim..am suspicious of sometin here.i believ they are the type dat can only work with coral and not dynamic enuf to try new tins....thanks bro,u gave dem another point to think about.
Re: Why Are Modern Designers Ditching Coreldraw For Photoshop? by inalegwu99(m): 5:06pm On Nov 08, 2015
felixchip:

Mister, I assume you'd do better when employed by a firm that produces foolproof products.

At least, they will have a first Class fool to test out their products on.
You attended a design school, and you're not ashamed to come out here and speak such words.

If you are sane animal, I guess you'll be covered with shame by now.
Have you for once made a good use of google?

It's your kind that keep flooding this board with free Logo threads and end up providing peeps with files for the Recycle bin.

Grow up. If you're afraid to ask Google, ask your Pops man.

F*uck off.
ure a skunk brain..poo is actualy ur destination..ur brain needs a hard reset...insignificant element like you
Re: Why Are Modern Designers Ditching Coreldraw For Photoshop? by felixchip(m): 5:50pm On Nov 08, 2015
inalegwu99:
this how madness starts....wen over zealous pusy products like u start having priveledges thru social network...i believe ure still searching for ur parents..u dont knw dem.foool.u cant even feed ur dead tomy and ure hear dropin poo..go sit down one side.atention seeker..looool..you will end up regretin why u started insults on this thread..dats an evidence dat ure a motor park tout.big fool.bastard

Hahahahahahahahahahahaha!
Choi!

No vex abeg.
I no mean am when I talk am.
I no know say I don go talk the one wey be true.

You see, this is why it's not good to talk rubbish on a topic you have no knowledge of.
No vex abeg. Ask around, you'll . Find a psychia centre around. Make you just enrol. You yhear?

Don't take it to heart. Being a deluded and insane creature is not the end of the wworld.

Take heart.
Re: Why Are Modern Designers Ditching Coreldraw For Photoshop? by inalegwu99(m): 5:53pm On Nov 08, 2015
felixchip:

Hahahahahahahahahahahaha!
Choi!

No vex abeg.
I no mean am when I talk am.
I no know say I don go talk the one wey be true.

You see, this is why it's not good to talk rubbish on a topic you have no knowledge of.
No vex abeg. Ask around, you'll . Find a psychia centre around. Make you just enrol. You yhear?

Don't take it to heart. Being a deluded and insane creature is not the end of the wworld.

Take heart.
no more english?.......ure childish to the bone..get a life..ure just a vagina
Re: Why Are Modern Designers Ditching Coreldraw For Photoshop? by felixchip(m): 5:59pm On Nov 08, 2015
inalegwu99:
ure a skunk brain..poo is actualy ur destination..ur brain needs a hard reset...insignificant element like you

Boy!

I think I've spoken too much.
And, when you talk to a no-brainer....

I'm sure you'll find another idiot that's in your category that'll ant to talk poo. While you wait, prepare yourself to be endowed with more madness.

Say Amen.
Re: Why Are Modern Designers Ditching Coreldraw For Photoshop? by chubbyswit(m): 9:09pm On Nov 08, 2015
inalegwu99:
lolz bro i dnt reply insults. Those guys are just kids still learning how to argud constructively without venting frustration. Its obvious that they went to one of these backyard computer schools that teach corel draw lol. And yes photoshop beat corel draw hands down if you ask me
Re: Why Are Modern Designers Ditching Coreldraw For Photoshop? by chubbyswit(m): 9:10pm On Nov 08, 2015
[quote author=inalegwu99 post=39809843] lolz bro i dnt reply insults. Those guys are just kids still learning how to argud constructively without venting frustration. Its obvious that they went to one of these backyard computer schools that teach corel draw lol. And yes photoshop beat corel draw hands down if you ask me.

1 Like

Re: Why Are Modern Designers Ditching Coreldraw For Photoshop? by inalegwu99(m): 9:27pm On Nov 08, 2015
[quote author=chubbyswit post=39818017][/quote] lol..no mind dem...one was asking me wether i knw wat a raster software means and vector software..isnt dat a clue dat they ar just stuck on coraldraw alone?....before i put up this post, i made observations.the place i work, most design jobs brought for printing are done thru photoshop, banner,handbill,poster,billboards....there was even a guy dat i wanted to design for and he insisted i must use photoshop and i asked why and he told me he likes d unique effects and picture quality it adds to details..like i said earlier, the post only talks about the fact dat photoshop is topping the trend chat rightnw...
Re: Why Are Modern Designers Ditching Coreldraw For Photoshop? by Nobody: 10:37pm On Nov 09, 2015
I see no reason why you guys are throwing tantrums at each other, the op ask a question and then answered it with the post, all you just have to do is state your own reasons why you prefer cd or ps...

1 Like

Re: Why Are Modern Designers Ditching Coreldraw For Photoshop? by inalegwu99(m): 10:39pm On Nov 09, 2015
thank u sir.....u nailed it
Re: Why Are Modern Designers Ditching Coreldraw For Photoshop? by Nobody: 12:49am On Nov 10, 2015
Let's get things clear both softwares are ok when treated equally, i.e ps+illustrator and corel+corel photopaint, op i have been into this for years now and a proud graduate of arts and design from the NATIONAL INSTITUTE of Arts and DESIGN USA, using only ps for graphics limits a design to a level called bitmap editing and not graphics..the word graphics came from the word graph which is the ability to draw lines and curves (i won't say much on this) and most designers here thinks that once the can change image background the are now graphics designers..hell No the are just doing the work of a photographer, which might be image editing and manipulation..op what makes one a graphics designer is the ability of creativity, that's why sometimes am been ashamed by somethings i see all over this page as logo, most of them are just vector images the cropped some parts off did one Or two manipulation and tag them logo..a real designer makes a complete fresh design and that is where the idea of a vector based software comes in the game...modification of shapes to required or desired shape can't be achieved with a raster as ps but is just a simple work in corel or illustrator...when i was teaching some young up coming designers in at ZINO Collage of arts here in owerri most of them always rush use ps and i will always tell them is not yet time and now the are happy the never rushed things, while many of them complain that corel is hard to learn than ps so finally op a rat can never be a cow.

1 Like

Re: Why Are Modern Designers Ditching Coreldraw For Photoshop? by inalegwu99(m): 6:13am On Nov 10, 2015
nice point......frankben...am sure those guys dat started arguewment wit insults will be ashame of thre self now

1 Like

Re: Why Are Modern Designers Ditching Coreldraw For Photoshop? by felixchip(m): 7:10am On Nov 10, 2015
inalegwu99:
nice point......frankben...am sure those guys dat started arguewment wit insults will be ashame of thre self now

You know your problem? You are not even sure where to base your arguement. So, your eyes don clear abi?

I pity you big time.
Re: Why Are Modern Designers Ditching Coreldraw For Photoshop? by inalegwu99(m): 3:03pm On Nov 10, 2015
felixchip:

You know your problem? You are not even sure where to base your arguement. So, your eyes don clear abi?

I pity you big time.

ure not in my clas,,,,i argue wit serious minded ppl....i pity u til eternity..

(1) (2) (Reply)

Get Your Official Business Logo For "Almost" Free / Canon EOS RP. Full Frame Mirrorless Camera. SOLD / For Sale: Panasonic Ag-dvx100a Camera For Professional Moviemakers

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 103
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.