Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,245 members, 7,829,450 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 07:12 AM

Javascript A Home - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / Javascript A Home (1812 Views)

Please Web Expert In The House Tell Me If This Design Is Okay For A Home Page / Starting A Home Based Business - When The Going Gets Tough! / Dhtml Quiz: How Will You Detect If A Browser Support Javascript From Php Code? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Javascript A Home by javascript: 1:45am On May 13, 2009
Yeah this is the real javascript  that is set to rule the website programing world of nairaland. just watch out for my tutorials on javascript, cheesy wink
Re: Javascript A Home by segsalerty(m): 4:20pm On May 14, 2009
you wan tell us say you know JAVASCRIPT pass DHTML? tongue
abeg start the lesson and lets see what you have for us then ?
remember students gonna throw questions oooo? wink
Re: Javascript A Home by javascript: 11:39am On May 16, 2009
Just watch out! In programming, you dont be hasty,
Re: Javascript A Home by javascript: 11:46am On May 16, 2009
Create a cool drop down menu for your website, just edit the following code to suit your needs. it alresdy contains about ten dropdown menu which you can edit,  I also believe you have known how to add code to your source page cos i know dynamic html has taught you,  Make sure you do no alter the code oh

<!-- Dropdown Menu created by javascript. -->

<form name="myMenu">
<select name="menu">
<option value="index.html">My Home Page</option>
<option value="http://www.yahoo.com">Yahoo Search</option>
<option value="http://www.google.com">Google Search</option>
<option value="http://www. ">basket</option>
</select>
<input type="button" onClick="top.location=document.myMenu.menu.options[document.myMenu.menu.selectedIndex].value;" value="GO!">
</form>
Re: Javascript A Home by javascript: 11:54am On May 16, 2009
I beileve you alredy know the differece between a link and hotspot. If yes, you will simply edit the link above http://www. and the hotspot basket to your own. add to your page and simply upload to your host
Re: Javascript A Home by segsalerty(m): 12:20pm On May 16, 2009
i bet , we know whare to get scripts if we need many and edit am to our own use/taste , thought you wanna teach here , why copy pasting scripts for us?
wht you are doing here is off topic,
should have put ,
Javascript Scripts for free and easy here
as the topic
Re: Javascript A Home by DualCore1: 3:12pm On May 16, 2009
segsalerty:

i bet , we know whare to get scripts if we need many and edit am to our own use/taste , thought you wanna teach here , why copy pasting scripts for us?
beef

free the guy.
Re: Javascript A Home by segsalerty(m): 3:37pm On May 16, 2009
lol,
you should know this is a forum , not a playing ground to dey show Champion !
not good for the elderly ones to dey decieve we young shall grow , atleast we know where to get all these stuffs too smiley
Re: Javascript A Home by DualCore1: 5:04pm On May 16, 2009
for the sake of those who will find this thread useful, free this guy!
ok fine, u know where to get these things, maybe u even own DynamicDrive.
Point noted.

some of us here are learning something new. (maybe its something u learnt 20 years ago, well u've learnt it, allow others learn).
Re: Javascript A Home by javascript: 9:55am On May 18, 2009
segsalerty:

wht you are doing here is off topic,
should have put ,
Javascript Scripts for free and easy here
as the topic

You see i wrote those codes my self, i did not coy it from anywhere. This is to help newbies on the topic cos we also started as newbie. so if you are not interested you can get off the thread we have serious people watching the thread please,
Re: Javascript A Home by segsalerty(m): 1:06pm On May 18, 2009
ok oooooo
Re: Javascript A Home by javascript: 7:09pm On May 18, 2009
The next lesson is how to create a unique greetings for your website visitors when they visit your website. The script will check the local time on your visitors's computer and then put up a greeting to them,
Re: Javascript A Home by segsalerty(m): 9:39pm On May 18, 2009
cool ,
but , where are the stuents in the room to join me learn ? tongue
Re: Javascript A Home by javascript: 1:45pm On May 19, 2009
segsalerty:

cool ,
but , where are the stuents in the room to join me learn ? tongue

The class dont get filled up once it is a gradual process and besides it is not only nairaland that i do this! wink cheesy
Re: Javascript A Home by javascript: 1:54pm On May 19, 2009
To ccreate a time greeting on your website, just edit the following code and add it to your web source,

<!-- Greeting by Time of Day script created by javascript. -->

<font size="4">
<script language=javascript>
<!--
function greeting() {
Now = new Date()
Hour = Now.getHours();
if (Hour < 5)
msg ="Can't sleep? Well this page should keep you interested!"
else if(Hour <12)
msg ="Good morning and welcome to my site."
else if(Hour < 18)
msg ="Good Afternoon!"
else if (Hour < 24)
msg ="Good Evening. We hope you have had a pleasant day."
return( msg )
}
document.write(greeting())
//-->
</script>
</font>
Re: Javascript A Home by segsalerty(m): 7:51pm On May 19, 2009
uhmm , i still dey wait for the co students oooooo,
Re: Javascript A Home by DualCore1: 5:45am On May 20, 2009
javascript:

To ccreate a time greeting on your website, just edit the following code and add it to your web source,

<!-- Greeting by Time of Day script created by javascript. -->

<font size="4">
<script language=javascript>
<!--
function greeting() {
Now = new Date()
Hour = Now.getHours();
if (Hour < 5)
msg ="Can't sleep? Well this page should keep you interested!"
else if(Hour <12)
msg ="Good morning and welcome to my site."
else if(Hour < 18)
msg ="Good Afternoon!"
else if (Hour < 24)
msg ="Good Evening. We hope you have had a pleasant day."
return( msg )
}
document.write(greeting())
//-->
</script>
</font>

Javascript look at the lines i have put in bold.
Re: Javascript A Home by segsalerty(m): 8:24am On May 20, 2009
i beg , lets change the topic of the post , make it

Hello all, i am a vey good javascripter. i hve codes to display for you guys! shocked

and there should be a subtopic too
Hey, dont mind him , see ----------- his scripts get error in line i put in Bold tongue

thats all i'll say for now? anybody gonna make use of my idea pls ?
Re: Javascript A Home by ebottabi(m): 8:47am On May 20, 2009
i don't this is a forum to show off your skills. look for somewhere else bro. angry
Re: Javascript A Home by segsalerty(m): 9:27am On May 20, 2009
Uhmm , watin hin dey show self ? abeg make we talk about something else, i can wake tomorrow now and call myself PHP and start to dey echo "hello world " to all of you , lol :Pt
Re: Javascript A Home by DualCore1: 9:50am On May 20, 2009
most of u guyz just whine like bitches begging for attention.
its very disappointing and pathetic.
and its a pity too.

Omni, excuse me on this one. Its bad knowing there are bots on nland, its worse knowing there are retard-acting fools too.
Javascript, u might wonno stop this thread or u might wonno continue. Your choice!
Re: Javascript A Home by segsalerty(m): 8:14pm On May 20, 2009
@dual core ,
let me just keep my mouth shut and no time to attend to you now
cant you see this javascript guy just dey supply codes on this thread with no explanation ? cant you open your eyes and see? hen ? codes that he re edited ? we are not fools( like tongue ), go and check other tutorial threads that sounds very interesting /, scripts with explanation , break downs ,
nobody can just come here and flash us whats common ,

thats all i will say for now
Re: Javascript A Home by DualCore1: 8:57pm On May 20, 2009
segsalerty:

@dual core ,
let me just keep my mouth shut
good idea cuz u wont want to drive rough down that lane with me. u'll hate the experience.
Re: Javascript A Home by segsalerty(m): 9:11pm On May 20, 2009
:p
Re: Javascript A Home by javascript: 6:49pm On May 21, 2009
segsalerty:

Uhmm , watin hin dey show self ? abeg make we talk about something else, i can wake tomorrow now and call myself PHP and start to dey echo "hello world " to all of you , lol :Pt

why dont you just leave this thread alone man! you are no impression. You may not find this thread intresting to you but some people do! why do people just like to criticise very badly? Well i dont give a damn about all you are doing even you can call yourself ''runtimerror'' next time it is your teacup, shocked cool
Re: Javascript A Home by javascript: 7:05pm On May 21, 2009
segsalerty:

ebot tabi:

i don't this is a forum to show off your skills. look for somewhere else bro. angry

You guys dont even know how to customise your signatures i can teach you that may be at least you wont say i copy code for you cheesy wink
Re: Javascript A Home by javascript: 7:10pm On May 21, 2009
Dual Core:

Javascript look at the lines i have put in bold.

There is nothing wrong with the lines or do you see anything wrong with it?Try to run and see if you can debug any error. i think there is none,
Re: Javascript A Home by DualCore1: 8:04pm On May 21, 2009
cant run it now. just looking at it and i think there's a problem. the first line i put in bold is a tag for Comments and u closed towards the end of thr scrpt, making most of the script a comment. since it runs, i mite be wrong.
Re: Javascript A Home by cdeveloper(m): 11:38am On May 22, 2009
Let the dude do his thing guys if what he is talking about is rather too simple for you fine and good but let other who do not have the experience learn. it is rather not a programmers attitude to look down on other peoples code just because he or she can make a meaning out of it. If you think it is rather simple why don't improve on it and let others see the improvement. it amazes me how some people are just out to to discourage the effort of others. If you think it is easy to put up a tutorial and post it for the public to see, well why don't u just try one and see if it is that easy to post something you can not defend yourself.

My guy keep up the good work man i am solidly behind you and if i see anything that need to be improved on i will look into it. Scripting in Javascript has gone beyond pop windows and launching a new window. it is the backbone of every web 2.0 and it is time we start looking at Javascript not from the eyes of document.write("blahblah") but as a bridge between the server and the client.
Re: Javascript A Home by javascript: 3:05pm On May 22, 2009
@cdeveloper, tanks man but i guess dualcore mean no discouragement at all he has solidly been behind me all this while. I am currently compiling a software on javascript, so i am throwing open my skills in code writing for analysis and critcism cheesy
Re: Javascript A Home by segsalerty(m): 5:34pm On May 22, 2009
what hav you compling? ? shocked shocked
Re: Javascript A Home by javascript: 7:00pm On May 22, 2009
segsalerty:

what hav you compling? ? shocked shocked

why cant you just do your own and lets see grin

(1) (2) (Reply)

Cant Load My Website, Please Help / Pls I Really Need Help From A Webmaster Or One Familiar To Hub8.com Webhost / A Big Site For Sale At Small Price.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.