Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,095 members, 7,818,283 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 11:54 AM

32inch Samsung Led Tv Water Damage. - Technology Market - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Technology Market / 32inch Samsung Led Tv Water Damage. (6240 Views)

SOLD!!!! Very Clean 32inch UMC Led Tv For Sale 40k / 40'' Samsung LED TV Series 6 Used / 32 Inches Samsung LED Tv (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

32inch Samsung Led Tv Water Damage. by oblo(m): 6:43am On Nov 06, 2015
Good day people..

Wanted to post this here before I took out to a techo to have It fixed. As they say...who ask questions no dey miss road! grin >

I would want to be informed and well "armed"with knowledge as I do not want a trial by error by some of these "kazeem" techos we have by the road side.

My frisky 2yr old splashed water on the tv screen some time back and since then the screen has this bar of no visual. (see pics)

I have since gotten anoda tv but would love to have this fixed as a backup for use in another room or sell it off after fixing.

So please has anyone had this kinda issue!? How and where did you fix. Cost? Time?

Mind you..am located at Enugu.

Thank you.

Re: 32inch Samsung Led Tv Water Damage. by bigtt76(f): 7:24am On Nov 06, 2015
Did the water go in? I would advise you turn off the power and allow to air in sun for a while before testing again.

Since it's LED, with the vertical bar, it shows the LEDs still active. The issue might actually be the circuit powering the picture display itself.

I would advise you take it to any Samsung service centers closest to you for repairs. Might not cost you much.
Re: 32inch Samsung Led Tv Water Damage. by oblo(m): 7:32am On Nov 06, 2015
Thanks. Would do that asap.

Had dried it out for over 2weeks now. Guess damage Already done.
Re: 32inch Samsung Led Tv Water Damage. by benefitzte: 7:34am On Nov 06, 2015
Water splashed on screen won't cause any horizontal deflection. Some other things can cause that. Don't take it to Samsung just check in town for a repair shop where you can sight a reasonable number of LCDs or LEDs then go in and bargain.
Re: 32inch Samsung Led Tv Water Damage. by uboma(m): 10:06am On Nov 06, 2015
benefitzte:
Water splashed on screen won't cause any horizontal deflection. Some other things can cause that. Don't take it to Samsung just check in town for a repair shop where you can sight a reasonable number of LCDs or LEDs then go in and bargain.

Why discourage him from taking the TV to Samsung showroom for repairs as rightfully advised by bigtt76?

@ op, heed the above advise at your own risk.
Re: 32inch Samsung Led Tv Water Damage. by newman10(m): 11:46am On Nov 06, 2015
@Op, unfortunately, the TV cannot be repaired at Samsung service centre as the screen is damaged based on the pix you put up there.

The screen will need to be changed and the cost of that will be almost the price of a new TV. It is better to get a new TV than repair that.

(1) (Reply)

SOLD!!! / Nokia E72 / Still selling USA Used BB Torch 2 @ 44k, call now, discount sales>SOLD!!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.