Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,427 members, 7,819,555 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 06:05 PM

‘i’m Tired Of All The Messi Comparisons, Am Not A Fake Person’ – Cr7 - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / ‘i’m Tired Of All The Messi Comparisons, Am Not A Fake Person’ – Cr7 (908 Views)

Nigeria V Argentina And The Messi Man-marking Dilemma / Cristiano Ronaldo Boards His CR7 Private Jet In Style (Pictured) / The Messi Goalscoring Stat That Will Make Ronaldo Jealous (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

‘i’m Tired Of All The Messi Comparisons, Am Not A Fake Person’ – Cr7 by Adextaiwo48(m): 3:46pm On Nov 06, 2015
Real Madrid’s Cristiano Ronaldo is tired of comparisons with Barcelona rival Lionel Messi and understands why some people must dislike his personality or the ways he sees football. Speaking ahead of the release of his personal film “Ronaldo”, the FIFA World Player of the Year told Reuters TV that he is “not a fake person.”

“I have my style, he has his style, his own style,” he said of Messi, his greatest rival. “We have to respect that people compare all the time. And it is normal, we are compared since we are babies, I don´t mean me and Messi but all the persons in school. Who is more clever, who is more fast, it´s normal, it´s part of the life.

ronaldo

“It does not surprise me any more but some times it makes me tired because it´s always same thing and they still repeat and repeat, one year, another year, every year.”

Critics say the Portugal forward’s celebrations sometimes have an air of arrogance or egoism about them. Added to the fact that Ronaldo is never shy to show his muscles or make defiant gestures after scoring. He startled the audience at this year’s World Player of the Year award by bellowing “Sim” (yes) into the microphone after he was announced as the Balloon d’or 2014 winner.

Asked why people may dislike him, Ronaldo said:

“Maybe the way I am, my personality, the way I see football. I´m not a fake person. It´s normal, it´s part of the business. No one can control that,”

Ronaldo’s film, due to be released on Nov 9, depicts the striker as a family man and shows how he lives on and off the pitch.

During a different interview with the BBC, Ronaldo described himself as “unbelievable on the pitch.”

“I don’t need to say ‘I’m in the history of football, I’m a legend’. The numbers say everything,” he said.

“I have to say to be in my shoes is not easy. But I’m not complaining. I just want to say that. I feel happy. All this happens because of a reason. The reason is I’m unbelievable inside the pitch.”

“This is why the people have so much interest on me. So it’s as simple as that. I’m good, I’m happy, I’m motivated all the time. I’m very professional and I want to carry on like that.”

- See more at: http://www..ng/2015/11/06/im-tired-of-all-the-messi-comparisons-am-not-a-fake-person-cristiano-ronaldo/#sthash.WcPwxCfF.dpuf

Re: ‘i’m Tired Of All The Messi Comparisons, Am Not A Fake Person’ – Cr7 by Nicolars(m): 3:48pm On Nov 06, 2015
Hmma fan of messi

But wat he said has some truth in it
Re: ‘i’m Tired Of All The Messi Comparisons, Am Not A Fake Person’ – Cr7 by isblog(m): 3:54pm On Nov 06, 2015
A star must shine. CR7 and Messi are two different personalities, great guys who just happened to humanity at the same time... I appreciate both of them
Re: ‘i’m Tired Of All The Messi Comparisons, Am Not A Fake Person’ – Cr7 by seankay(m): 7:12pm On Nov 06, 2015
True talk! Everybody has his own style. The most important thing is to be successful with the style one chooses and the good thing is that it is working for the both of them cos they are living Legends in the game of soccer already

Respect to both of them!
Re: ‘i’m Tired Of All The Messi Comparisons, Am Not A Fake Person’ – Cr7 by STARGREEN(m): 5:48am On Nov 07, 2015
Am absolutely FCB Fan and Board member in lie but your comments... You are ok. Congrats legend Ronaldo.

(1) (Reply)

Top 5 Nigerian Football Coaches / (*prediction) DD Vs RPS Toss Prediction, Astrology Who Will Win / Wayne Rooney Shares Cute Pics Of His Three Sons In A Precious Family Snap

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.