Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,488 members, 7,836,908 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 02:25 PM

Why Are Some White People Hell Bent On Denying Leo Africanus Visit To Hausaland - Culture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Why Are Some White People Hell Bent On Denying Leo Africanus Visit To Hausaland (810 Views)

I Hate White People / So Leo Africanus Describe Hausa People As Rich Merchants And Civilized Craftsmen / Leo Africanus Description Of The Great Hausa City Of Kano In 15th Century (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Are Some White People Hell Bent On Denying Leo Africanus Visit To Hausaland by kaura5000: 7:32pm On Nov 06, 2015
Leo africanus was a berber explorer who visited timbuktu, hausaland cities such as kano and katsina and also visited kanem borno empire.. he wrote the first book about the description of africa in the 15th century... but the white people are hell bent on denying his visit to hausaland and borno.. maybe it might be because of the way he described the place as a highly civilized people even in the the 15th century...... leo africanus describes kano as a city of rich merchants which good across the sahara

Re: Why Are Some White People Hell Bent On Denying Leo Africanus Visit To Hausaland by kaura5000: 7:33pm On Nov 06, 2015
Why must the white people deny his visit to kano when he wrote his book himself that he visit it
Re: Why Are Some White People Hell Bent On Denying Leo Africanus Visit To Hausaland by PAPAAFRICA: 7:43pm On Nov 06, 2015
Which people denied it? I read a full translation of his visit to the sudan and i only remember the author noting it was unlikely that he visited mali and jenne.
Re: Why Are Some White People Hell Bent On Denying Leo Africanus Visit To Hausaland by itstpia99: 7:49pm On Nov 06, 2015
are you referring to the Wikipedia entry:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Leo_Africanus
Re: Why Are Some White People Hell Bent On Denying Leo Africanus Visit To Hausaland by kaura5000: 7:52pm On Nov 06, 2015
Yes I read some books in which they are denying his visit to some areas especially hausaland and borno.. and also others even went as far as saying he didn't even cross the sahara totally
itstpia99:
are you referring to the Wikipedia entry:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Leo_Africanus
PAPAAFRICA:
Which people denied it? I read a full translation of his visit to the sudan and i only remember the author noting it was unlikely that he visited mali and jenne.
Re: Why Are Some White People Hell Bent On Denying Leo Africanus Visit To Hausaland by Nobody: 9:35pm On Nov 06, 2015
Because they try to instill the belief that black people never accomplished anything on their own. And it's working, that's why these days everyone is claiming mixed ancestry from one ridiculous place or the other. Because they're trying to claim the history of others. I am a proud hausa man, proud of who I am, and proud of what my ancestors accomplished, how can I not be? No man can ever change that.

(1) (Reply)

5 Interesting Things About The Hausas Of Northern Nigeria / Natural Healings / Royal Espionage: Ooni Of Ife Wife Spies The Ooni's Phone With Glasses On

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.