Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,337 members, 7,811,978 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 04:05 AM

Benz. Please Help. 3 Mechanis, 3 Fuel Pump And Filter Change Yet No Change. - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Benz. Please Help. 3 Mechanis, 3 Fuel Pump And Filter Change Yet No Change. (1638 Views)

5 Common Signs Of A Failing Car Fuel Pump / Golf 3 Fuel / WARNING!!!! 5 Common Symptoms Of A Bad Fuel Pump. (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Benz. Please Help. 3 Mechanis, 3 Fuel Pump And Filter Change Yet No Change. by chinene1(f): 10:30pm On Nov 06, 2015
Benz experts Please advice me. I bought a 2003 clk 2 door Benz from a friend. He wanted to upgrade so I seized the opportunity. We worked in the same office so I knew that the car was okay cos he was always driving it to work. At the beginning the car was fine but after parking it for like 3 months ( although I warm the engine daily and drive it within the area) the car developed issues. When I try accelerating whether am in motion or at a spot the car sounds like it's struggling then the engine cuts off or it becomes so slow no matter how much the press down. Sometimes when I restart the car it acts fine for another 30 minutes then starts acting up again. To cut the long story short after 3 mechanics one of which was the mechanic working with the car from day one, three filter and pump changes, change of plugs (4 plug engine), ejector cleaning etc the problem persists. The annoying thing is the car will perform okay for about 2 weeks then the problem starts again. The fuel Gauge has issues as it does not give a correct reading but I don't think this is the cause. Anyone with experience please help. Am already thinking of selling it again less than 6 months after purchase.
Re: Benz. Please Help. 3 Mechanis, 3 Fuel Pump And Filter Change Yet No Change. by Mutuwa(m): 10:35pm On Nov 06, 2015
chinene1:
Benz experts Please advice me. I bought a 2003 clk 2 door Benz from a friend. He wanted to upgrade so I seized the opportunity. We worked in the same office so I knew that the car was okay cos he was always driving it to work. At the beginning the car was fine but after parking it for like 3 months ( although I warm the engine daily and drive it within the area) the car developed issues. When I try accelerating whether am in motion or at a spot the car sounds like it's struggling then the engine cuts off or it becomes so slow no matter how much the press down. Sometimes when I restart the car it acts fine for another 30 minutes then starts acting up again. To cut the long story short after 3 mechanics one of which was the mechanic working with the car from day one, three filter and pump changes, change of plugs (4 plug engine), ejector cleaning etc the problem persists. The annoying thing is the car will perform okay for about 2 weeks then the problem starts again. The fuel Gauge has issues as it does not give a correct reading but I don't think this is the cause. Anyone with experience please help. Am already thinking of selling it again less than 6 months after purchase.

It must be an air flow meter issue.since uv chnaged fuel pumps n plugs and its still faulty.get the car diagnosed and read d code.am positive its your air flow meter,with kind of descriptions you gave.

2 Likes

Re: Benz. Please Help. 3 Mechanis, 3 Fuel Pump And Filter Change Yet No Change. by Opeexclusive04(m): 10:51pm On Nov 06, 2015
chinene1:

Your air system could be the one acting funny you can check that out also. Where is your location?
Re: Benz. Please Help. 3 Mechanis, 3 Fuel Pump And Filter Change Yet No Change. by mayor2013: 11:22pm On Nov 06, 2015
chinene1:

Does this car misfire?
Any smoke from your exhaust?
Did you bother running a scan?
Before you start throwing money round parts run a scan on the car first. Some fault error (s) would be given to you.
Your HFM could be bad you never can tell. If you are in lagos and you need proper diagnosis and get a solution to the problem. Call 08156087872 or 08165520837. Bb pin is 7BE1C522
Re: Benz. Please Help. 3 Mechanis, 3 Fuel Pump And Filter Change Yet No Change. by Denn(m): 6:14am On Nov 07, 2015
Could also be rats...

Those fluffy animals have a penchant for cutting wires or chewing at something.

It could also be an unplugged socket or vacuum line.

Do a visual inspection first, then scan

Post the codes here.

1 Like

Re: Benz. Please Help. 3 Mechanis, 3 Fuel Pump And Filter Change Yet No Change. by chinene1(f): 11:40am On Nov 07, 2015
Thank you all. I will do a scan first and post the codes here.
Re: Benz. Please Help. 3 Mechanis, 3 Fuel Pump And Filter Change Yet No Change. by chinene1(f): 11:41am On Nov 07, 2015
Opeexclusive04:

Your air system could be the one acting funny you can check that out also. Where is your location?

You may be right. When it acts like this I automatically think of air bubbles. Will make sure I scan it
Re: Benz. Please Help. 3 Mechanis, 3 Fuel Pump And Filter Change Yet No Change. by chinene1(f): 11:44am On Nov 07, 2015
mayor2013:

Does this car misfire?
Any smoke from your exhaust?
Did you bother running a scan?
Before you start throwing money round parts run a scan on the car first. Some fault error (s) would be given to you.
Your HFM could be bad you never can tell. If you are in lagos and you need proper diagnosis and get a solution to the problem. Call 08156087872 or 08165520837. Bb pin is 7BE1C522

No misfire, no smoke. Am at Alagbole. Will give u a call if I can't get it scanned near me.
Re: Benz. Please Help. 3 Mechanis, 3 Fuel Pump And Filter Change Yet No Change. by Ricmayak1: 3:05am On Nov 10, 2015
Get original fuel pump/fuel pump housing assembly.
Re: Benz. Please Help. 3 Mechanis, 3 Fuel Pump And Filter Change Yet No Change. by lonelydora: 3:15am On Nov 10, 2015
Your air system could be the culprit. Make sure you run a scan on the car.
Re: Benz. Please Help. 3 Mechanis, 3 Fuel Pump And Filter Change Yet No Change. by AutoCarTracker(m): 9:38am On Nov 10, 2015
chinene1:

the best advice to you is to go for proper diagnostic analysis using advanced scanners. you yourself will have to go to lab to determine what really is the problem. mechanics they themselves are not gods to know what the problem might be. they can only work properly when the diagnostic result is out. you will end up damaging your car and spending so much money yet not solving it. even the automaker cant certainly tell you the problem without first scanning to pull the error codes. just do it man and be free.
Re: Benz. Please Help. 3 Mechanis, 3 Fuel Pump And Filter Change Yet No Change. by mayor2013: 3:33pm On Nov 10, 2015
AutoCarTracker:

the best advice to you is to go for proper diagnostic analysis using advanced scanners. you yourself will have to go to lab to determine what really is the problem. mechanics they themselves are not gods to know what the problem might be. they can only work properly when the diagnostic result is out. you will end up damaging your car and spending so much money yet not solving it. even the automaker cant certainly tell you the problem without first scanning to pull the error codes. just do it man and be free.

She is a woman o
Re: Benz. Please Help. 3 Mechanis, 3 Fuel Pump And Filter Change Yet No Change. by Originalsly: 12:31pm On Nov 11, 2015
Denn:
Could also be rats...

Those fluffy animals have a penchant for cutting wires or chewing at something.

Do a visual inspection first, then scan
I am not a mechanic.....but take this advice very seriously...and let it be the first thing you get done. If rats been messing with your wirings....wires can be broken inside the insulation ....when the car is scanned all different false codes would show up... addressed and yet the problem would be there. I suspect rats because the guy was driving the car continuously without problems....such problems can't suddenly pop up. And...that you had the car sitting for 3 months is more than enough time for the rats to pretty much make the car a home....except when you take it for the occasional short spins.
Re: Benz. Please Help. 3 Mechanis, 3 Fuel Pump And Filter Change Yet No Change. by chinene1(f): 6:11pm On Nov 13, 2015
guys, am back. So I tell the mechanic to check the airflow meter, coils and oxygen stuff. He did but no visible problem then he decides to check the pumps and found out it was blocked. He said the problem could be coming from within the tank so he has to drop it and check as the pumps were very dirty when he checked them. I sort of believe him cos the fuel Gauge can really misbehave. When I start the car sometimes it's shows empty when there is fuel then corrects the reading and other times it does not read below half a tank even when I know am running close to reserve . Waiting to what the outcome will be.
Re: Benz. Please Help. 3 Mechanis, 3 Fuel Pump And Filter Change Yet No Change. by chinene1(f): 6:13pm On Nov 13, 2015
Originalsly:
I am not a mechanic.....but take this advice very seriously...and let it be the first thing you get done. If rats been messing with your wirings....wires can be broken inside the insulation ....when the car is scanned all different false codes would show up... addressed and yet the problem would be there. I suspect rats because the guy was driving the car continuously without problems....such problems can't suddenly pop up. And...that you had the car sitting for 3 months is more than enough time for the rats to pretty much make the car a home....except when you take it for the occasional short spins.

Thank you for the advice. I watched the mechanic check the wires and he agreed with you on the rate issue but didn't come up with anything. Hopefully checking the rank will she'd more light.
Re: Benz. Please Help. 3 Mechanis, 3 Fuel Pump And Filter Change Yet No Change. by mayor2013: 7:05pm On Nov 13, 2015
chinene1:

Thank you for the advice. I watched the mechanic check the wires and he agreed with you on the rate issue but didn't come up with anything. Hopefully checking the rank will she'd more light.

You still have money to throw around I believe. Have you bothered running a scan? The kazeem would tell you its fuel pump. You would buy fuel pump and all back to square 1. If he was actually the one who fixed one out of the three fuel pump you bought, didn't he see that the tank was dirty& fuel pump was stocked with dirt before now or was he blind folded. Are you never tired of trial by error or the experiments are not yet over? Hope you don't buy a 4th fuel pump

Another money wasted!!! cry
Re: Benz. Please Help. 3 Mechanis, 3 Fuel Pump And Filter Change Yet No Change. by oluwafon(m): 10:41am On Nov 17, 2015
most likely problem is your oxygen sensor and them rats. Once had such problem with my Nissan Quest and had to travel from Ibadan to Lagos less than 50km/hr. Better run a scan and have these two areas also checked. for greater efficiency, change r clean out your air filter and plugs.

good luck.
Re: Benz. Please Help. 3 Mechanis, 3 Fuel Pump And Filter Change Yet No Change. by femicousim: 11:08am On Nov 17, 2015
chinene1:
guys, am back. So I tell the mechanic to check the airflow meter, coils and oxygen stuff. He did but no visible problem then he decides to check the pumps and found out it was blocked. He said the problem could be coming from within the tank so he has to drop it and check as the pumps were very dirty when he checked them. I sort of believe him cos the fuel Gauge can really misbehave. When I start the car sometimes it's shows empty when there is fuel then corrects the reading and other times it does not read below half a tank even when I know am running close to reserve . Waiting to what the outcome will be.

scan! scan!! scan!!!

(1) (Reply)

0W-30 Oil Burns Between Services 0W-40 Doesn't / Can't Believe My Eyes:germany Have Lauched The Transparent Car [PHOTOS] / 5 Months Old Honda Accord 08 For Sale 1.6m

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.