Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,500 members, 7,819,817 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 12:34 AM

Why Should We Love And Pray For Our Enemies? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why Should We Love And Pray For Our Enemies? (543 Views)

What We Should Do To Our Enemies As Christians.. / Should We Be Praying For Our Enemies To Die In Church? / Why Must We Always Pray For The Death Of Our Enemies? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Should We Love And Pray For Our Enemies? by Yukirusi(f): 11:44pm On Nov 06, 2015
One of the basic principles of life's love. Unfortunately, only few people know what love really is. Most people like to shy away from this topic and today i decided to bring the topic right here as a reminder that we all must learn how to love unconditionally. Jesus said,''but i tell you who hear me: love your enemies, do good to those who hate you, bless those who curse you, pray for those who mistreat you''(luke 6:27-28). There're people who need help, people who're still living in sin; it's our duty to save and love these people, because our main aim as christians (even if you're not) is to win souls (lost sheep) into the kingdom of God. The bible says our chief enemy's Satan,''for we do not wrestle against flesh and blood, but against the powers of this dark world and against spiritual forces of evil in the heavenly realms''(Eph 6:12). So, that's enough reason for you to pray for your enemies inorder for them not to perish or remain dead in the water. I know it feels bad to be persecuted, i know's hard to love someone who has done something hideous to you, but always try your best to be merciful, just as your heavenly father is merciful. Jesus demonstrated this on the cross:''father, forgive them, for they do not know what they're doing (luke 23:34). We were at one time an enemy of God, He never condemned us, instead, He showed us love and drew us closer. Don't pay evil for evil, overcome evil by doing good. Leave vengeance for God,''it's mine to avenge; i'll repay; says the Lord. Remember to love all kinds of people, irrespective of their race, gender, faith, nationality, social status and personality."Love's the only thing that can turn an enemy into a friend".-Martin Lurther Kng Jr. Read more of my amazing articles@....www.yuki4li4.mywapblog.com

1 Like

Re: Why Should We Love And Pray For Our Enemies? by omoplaycool(m): 11:58pm On Nov 06, 2015
Love your enemies, it drives the crazy Ninu awe
Re: Why Should We Love And Pray For Our Enemies? by Yukirusi(f): 12:21am On Nov 07, 2015
I guess u were trying to say "it makes them go crazy?". We're to bring our enemies into the kingdom of God.
Re: Why Should We Love And Pray For Our Enemies? by achinaboy(m): 1:14am On Nov 07, 2015
easier said than done
Re: Why Should We Love And Pray For Our Enemies? by Yukirusi(f): 9:08am On Nov 07, 2015
Yeah! I understand your point. That's why you need the grace of God, bcus that's the way.

(1) (Reply)

And so atheists would still claim that that there is no God / The Real Jesus / Does God Know EVERYTHING To The Extent Of The Choice We will Make?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.