Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,689 members, 7,816,802 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 05:34 PM

Wonder 8 Trillion Naira Ghost Plan ... Another Planwell Watershed??? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Wonder 8 Trillion Naira Ghost Plan ... Another Planwell Watershed??? (1209 Views)

Why It Is Hard To Believe 3.4 Trillion Naira Was Truely Recovered / Buhari Announces Recovery Of N3.4 Trillion In One Year / CHANGE!!! Sai BUHARI!!! WE Get To See Stolen Money With 8 Trillion Naira Budget! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Wonder 8 Trillion Naira Ghost Plan ... Another Planwell Watershed??? by Nobody: 7:21am On Nov 07, 2015
The new "Wonder 8 trillion naira Ghost plan", sorry I borrowed this from TonyeBarcanista, how realistic?? With N4.4Trillion 2015 budget based on oil price benchmark of $53, higher than current price of about $43 by $10, one is amazed that Buhari and Osinbajo are planning an N8 Trillion budget. That is increasing current budget position by 82% while oil price (2015 benchmark) is lower by 19%. Impliedly, the APC wonder budget would be financed by 200% increased oil sale or other undisclosed sources. Ok, I forgot there is the plan "to Stabilise Oil Price".

My question is, how would this be achieved?
Is this another propaganda to hoodwink the gullible?

I remember Umana-Umana, Monitree, Planwell Watershed, and other pyramid schemes and I thought to myself, IS APC REALLY SERIOUS

2 Likes

Re: Wonder 8 Trillion Naira Ghost Plan ... Another Planwell Watershed??? by TonyeBarcanista(m): 7:26am On Nov 07, 2015
They should look for lies to adopt instead of using 'nonsensival' lies. Eight trillion naira de na hin Buhari de cry say we no get money. These people de f-up walahi.

1 Like

Re: Wonder 8 Trillion Naira Ghost Plan ... Another Planwell Watershed??? by Mynd44: 7:27am On Nov 07, 2015
I doubt you have notice two significant appointments that the president has made.
FIRS and Customs... These two along with TSA means that the presidency is tracking the money and they are hinging the budget on them.

If you think the FIRS won't deliver between 2-3 trillion, you guy have no idea who Babatunde Fowler is.

As for customs...Hameed ain't there for a tea party. It is a Bîtch Better Have My Money situation now

Oh, there is a certain 1.24 trillion coming from the MTV fine already

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Wonder 8 Trillion Naira Ghost Plan ... Another Planwell Watershed??? by Brightology2(m): 7:28am On Nov 07, 2015
Bubu is a confuse goat. He will still come and deny the statement. Mark my words.
Re: Wonder 8 Trillion Naira Ghost Plan ... Another Planwell Watershed??? by EternalTruths: 7:28am On Nov 07, 2015
It is to give their hoard of zombies hope

Next year, they will deny it. grin
Re: Wonder 8 Trillion Naira Ghost Plan ... Another Planwell Watershed??? by ChelseaDr(m): 7:29am On Nov 07, 2015
APC will deny the 8trilion proposed budget NEVER came from them
Re: Wonder 8 Trillion Naira Ghost Plan ... Another Planwell Watershed??? by Flets: 7:29am On Nov 07, 2015
The problem is not APC scam leaders, its the gullibility of the followers that baffles me most.
Re: Wonder 8 Trillion Naira Ghost Plan ... Another Planwell Watershed??? by PRYCE(m): 7:32am On Nov 07, 2015
Hmmmm I don't have any input on this... I don't understand these stuff! Ain't my field!
Re: Wonder 8 Trillion Naira Ghost Plan ... Another Planwell Watershed??? by Flets: 7:33am On Nov 07, 2015
Mynd44:
I doubt you have notice two significant appointments that the president has made.
FIRS and Customs... These two along with TSA means that the presidency is tracking the money and they are hinging the budget on them.

If you think the FIRS won't deliver between 2-3 trillion, you guy have no idea who Babatunde Fowler is.

As for customs...Hameed ain't there for a tea party. It is a Bîtch Better Have My Money situation now

Do you really understand what economic downturn means? From which economy will FIRS generate the multi-trillions quoted?

1 Like

Re: Wonder 8 Trillion Naira Ghost Plan ... Another Planwell Watershed??? by Validated: 7:42am On Nov 07, 2015
Why do they always send Osinbajo this type of errand?

He was sent to propagate the N5K promise

He told about the one meal a child project

He announced the N7500 per discharged unemployed corpers, etc.

Is this not ridiculing Pastors?
Re: Wonder 8 Trillion Naira Ghost Plan ... Another Planwell Watershed??? by Mynd44: 7:42am On Nov 07, 2015
Flets:

Do you really understand what economic downturn means? From which economy will FIRS generate the multi-trillions quoted?
Do you have any idea how many Nigerian firms do not pay tax?
And the Nigerian economy is not in recession, just slow growth so there is still a lot of money swimming around to be tapped.

1 Like

Re: Wonder 8 Trillion Naira Ghost Plan ... Another Planwell Watershed??? by Flets: 7:49am On Nov 07, 2015
Mynd44:

Do you have any idea how many Nigerian firms do not pay tax?
And the Nigerian economy is not in recession, just slow growth so there is still a lot of money swimming around to be tapped.

You are totally disconnected. The economy is long gone. At the moment there is no real sector.

And the few firms that evade tax will generate you 4 trillion?
Re: Wonder 8 Trillion Naira Ghost Plan ... Another Planwell Watershed??? by revolt(m): 7:49am On Nov 07, 2015
Mynd44:

@ fowler( the miracle worker), guess u think lagos is nigeria. Ofcos taxation always fails in the east, the northern masses are usually too broke to make any feasible contributions, ofcos u know the west isn't lagos too. .. Well gud luck to him
Re: Wonder 8 Trillion Naira Ghost Plan ... Another Planwell Watershed??? by Mynd44: 7:52am On Nov 07, 2015
Flets:

You are totally disconnected. The economy is long gone. At the moment there is no real sector.

And the few firms that evade tax will generate you 4 trillion?
There is one real sector.... Lmaoooo

Good one.

Anyway, I have reached my maximum number of posts per thread... Bye
Re: Wonder 8 Trillion Naira Ghost Plan ... Another Planwell Watershed??? by Codedb2: 7:58am On Nov 07, 2015
Mynd44:

You mean that people in the Northern Nigeria will start to pay taxes
Or all hopes will be on the south
APC taxation, as Rochas is doing in imo state even kiosks in villages are paying 5k per month
Re: Wonder 8 Trillion Naira Ghost Plan ... Another Planwell Watershed??? by kaboninc(m): 7:59am On Nov 07, 2015
Xetima:
The new "Wonder 8 trillion naira Ghost plan", sorry I borrowed this from TonyeBarcanista, how realistic?? With N4.4Trillion 2015 budget based on oil price benchmark of $53, higher than current price of about $43 by $10, one is amazed that Buhari and Osinbajo are planning an N8 Trillion budget. That is increasing current budget position by 82% while oil price (2015 benchmark) is lower by 19%. Impliedly, the APC wonder budget would be financed by 200% increased oil sale or other undisclosed sources. Ok, I forgot there is the plan "to Stabilise Oil Price".

My question is, how would this be achieved?
Is this another propaganda to hoodwink the gullible?

I remember Umana-Umana, Monitree, Planwell Watershed, and other pyramid schemes and I thought to myself, IS APC REALLY SERIOUS

My brother, if the 8 trillion naira is really true, then it will be funded through debts na. Use Lagos State as the template. Our budget today is less than 5 trillion and still running in deficit and funded by heavy loans.

Now, 8 trillion, up 60% increase with our major source of revenue dwindling and even at its peak, we still borrowed more we're just heading to meet Greece.

So here is what they want to. They will most likely tell us that there's an urgent need to increase capital project allocation which is about 30% today. So 3 trillion naira (extra) will be used for capital projects and just like the phantom mono rail in Port Harcourt, the never ending metro line construction in Lagos and the various gigantic projects on paper - we never get to see them - these funds will find their way via front companies into their pockets.

I hereby call on everyone to go get foodstuffs, mattress, sweater, jungle boots, sponge, lantern and gbo gbo ti gbo because this journey is going to be a long boring one till we meet our relatives, the Greeks!

1 Like

Re: Wonder 8 Trillion Naira Ghost Plan ... Another Planwell Watershed??? by ftunez: 8:07am On Nov 07, 2015
Mynd44:

What is this one saying? FIRS has been generating far above Nigerian budget since the time of Ifueko, the former Chairman of the Service!
Or, are you here to make sure Babatunde Fowler is appointed by all means despite the corrupt allegations against him while he was the Chairman of LIRS?
Re: Wonder 8 Trillion Naira Ghost Plan ... Another Planwell Watershed??? by yanabasee(m): 8:10am On Nov 07, 2015
Osinbajo has said it again.... Even when our economic activities is depressed the FG won't state strategies on reviving the economy..But rather on ghost plans...

This is a country that is made to believe, has a Zero-treasury!
Re: Wonder 8 Trillion Naira Ghost Plan ... Another Planwell Watershed??? by Lasveg(m): 8:15am On Nov 07, 2015
I am only interested in wot policians do and not wot dey say
Re: Wonder 8 Trillion Naira Ghost Plan ... Another Planwell Watershed??? by IsraeliAIRFORCE: 8:40am On Nov 07, 2015
The anticipated zero "tagged" budgeting is a modernization of ACN's microeconomic engineering and manipulations meant to rewrite achievements and wow the gullible for which 40% performance is commendable (a case study of Osun State government under Aregbesola) or at best 79% (a miraculous performance of Lagos State Government under Fashola).

The system they want to adopt is meant to subvert accountability and probity in order to indulge into administrative rascality and over spending non budgeted funds (a case study of Stella Oduah, the former aviation minister)

This is the most secretive system of spending public funds akin to what we have over the years in NNPC (the most secretive and corrupt agency of Nigerian government and the worst of any government in Africa).

Our government is not yet matured for this abracadabra system of budgeting and more also with a party that detest transparency and wishes to consolidate on power using every illegal means possible including denials, advance lies and propagandas.
Re: Wonder 8 Trillion Naira Ghost Plan ... Another Planwell Watershed??? by OrlandoOwoh(m): 9:28am On Nov 07, 2015
PDP and their band of saTANists are all blockheads. I've chosen not to always explain things to them: they're by default sìlly.

1 Like

Re: Wonder 8 Trillion Naira Ghost Plan ... Another Planwell Watershed??? by Validated: 9:33am On Nov 07, 2015
IsraeliAIRFORCE:
The anticipated zero "tagged" budgeting is a modernization of ACN's microeconomic engineering and manipulations meant to rewrite achievements and wow the gullible for which 40% performance is commendable (a case study of Osun State government under Aregbesola) or at best 79% (a miraculous performance of Lagos State Government under Fashola).

The system they want to adopt is meant to subvert accountability and probity in order to indulge into administrative rascality and over spending non budgeted funds (a case study of Stella Oduah, the former aviation minister)

This is the most secretive system of spending public funds akin to what we have over the years in NNPC (the most secretive and corrupt agency of Nigerian government and the worst of any government in Africa).

Our government is not yet matured for this abracadabra system of budgeting and more also with a party that detest transparency and wishes to consolidate on power using every illegal means possible including denials, advance lies and propagandas.

Zero based budgeting is used by most private sector organisations. Not rocket science. All it says is you are not looking at your spend last year, but justify your current plan. In order words, every Naira receipts and payment are justified. My problem with APC is that the Revenue sources are not clear. Rising from N4.4T to N8T as is being speculated is not realistic. Except they plan to borrow as they have done in Lagos and other States. That would put Nigeria in perpetual debt as no one will be ready to forgive us again. It could then mean heading to GREECE,
Re: Wonder 8 Trillion Naira Ghost Plan ... Another Planwell Watershed??? by IsraeliAIRFORCE: 9:58am On Nov 07, 2015
Validated:

Zero based budgeting is used by most private sector organisations. Not rocket science. All it says is you are not looking at your spend last year, but justify your current plan. In order words, every Naira receipts and payment are justified. My problem with APC is that the Revenue sources are not clear. Rising from N4.4T to N8T as is being speculated is not realistic. Except they plan to borrow as they have done in Lagos and other States. That would put Nigeria in perpetual debt as no one will be ready to forgive us again. It could then mean heading to GREECE,

Our resources are too limited for an open cheque and limited oversight.

Why are private refineries profitably working and the ones owned by Nigerian government failing with billions of dollars declared as loses on monthly basis?

Do you know the level of engagements and responsibilities that go with private enterprises (multi-national corporations) where there are limited second chances or in advance democracy where a government calls for renewed mandate before the expiration of its constitutional time in office, if any campaign promise becomes infeasible?

In my previous establishment for instance, a Sales manager in Head Office loses his employment should any Salesman/driver gets involved in fatal accident in any remote part of Nigeria which our driver is found culpable hence the Managers engage on routine training and retraining of the drivers and overhauling of the trucks not "out of love" for the Salesman/Driver but in defense of the Manager's employment.

Our government cannot evade oversight responsibilities of going back to the Legislature for supplementary budget and is asking for too much. In our clime, this is a shortcut to constitutional dictatorship that must not see the light of the day.
Re: Wonder 8 Trillion Naira Ghost Plan ... Another Planwell Watershed??? by IsraeliAIRFORCE: 10:07am On Nov 07, 2015
OrlandoOwoh:
PDP and their band of saTANists are all blockheads. I've chosen not to always explain things to them: they're by default sìlly.

You don't even have a conjugal family to manage nor have you worked in any challenging multinational company in a managerial level to talk from experience.

I perceive your type will manage their wife using internet manuals - Mr lecturer
Re: Wonder 8 Trillion Naira Ghost Plan ... Another Planwell Watershed??? by Trut(m): 10:15am On Nov 07, 2015
OrlandoOwoh:

When intellectuals are discussing important issues, a programmed ZOMBIE will come to derail the thread.
Re: Wonder 8 Trillion Naira Ghost Plan ... Another Planwell Watershed??? by hinwazaka: 10:45am On Nov 07, 2015
The 8 trillion naira scam is just an attempt to divert attention from the 5k brouhaha and to get us bogged down in another meaningless debate. Afterall the story emanated from a supposed copy of the speech of the VP at the ministerial retreat. There is no video or audio footage of the VP saying anything about a budget. When the time comes, they will simply say that the media misunderstood them. God will punish the APC.
Re: Wonder 8 Trillion Naira Ghost Plan ... Another Planwell Watershed??? by OrlandoOwoh(m): 10:52am On Nov 07, 2015
IsraeliAIRFORCE:

You don't even have a conjugal family to manage nor have you worked in any challenging multinational company in a managerial level to talk from experience.

I perceive your type will manage their wife using internet manuals - Mr lecturer
Why are you concerned about my marital status? This is not the first nor second time.

(1) (Reply)

Mike Ozekhome( SAN)Live On Channelstv Sunrise Daily On The Taraba Tribunal / $2bn Arms Deal: FG Slams 6-count Money Laundering Charge Against Dokpesi / Emeka Ugwuonye Is Actually Facing Trial For Embezzling Funds

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.