Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,813 members, 7,820,876 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 12:07 AM

See The 10 Poorest States In Nigeria - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / See The 10 Poorest States In Nigeria (1991 Views)

IGR: Poor And Rich States In Nigeria - Economic Confidential / 10 Poorest States in Nigeria According To National Bureau Of Statistics / The 10 Poorest States In Nigeria+See The State With The Highest Poverty Rate(pic (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

See The 10 Poorest States In Nigeria by Ajibo111(m): 9:00am On Nov 07, 2015
According to the National Bureau of Statistics, these 10 states are the poorest in Nigeria with over 70% poverty rate. A survey carried out on the bureau’s website, disclosed that Sokoto remains the poorest state in Nigeria with an 81.2% poverty rate. 1. Sokoto pSokoto has unfriendly climate conditions with temperature going as high as 45C on a normal day. Most parts of the state are rural areas and over eighty percent (80%) of the inhabitants of Sokoto practice one form of agriculture or another. 2. Katsina Katsina is a state in North central Nigeria and has the highest poverty prevalence among all states in the region. 3. Adamawa Formed in 1991 from the extinct Gongola state, Adamawa has of late been terrorized by the Boko Haram terrorists, disrupting its economic development and growth. 4. Gombe Gombe is another North eastern state which suffers sporadic attacks from terrorists. 5. Jigawa Jigawa state is situated in the north-western part of the country. It is mostly populated by the Hausa/Fulani, who are spread throughout the state. It has a 74.1 percent poverty rate. 6. Plateau Plateau state is the twelfth largest state of Nigeria haunted by some terrorist attacks and tribal clashes from time to time, especially clashes between Fulani herdsmen and its inhabitants. 7. Ebonyi Ebonyi is the only south-eastern state among the top 9 poorest country. 8. Bauchi In Hausa the word Bauchi meansthe land of freedom and tourism. However recent Boko Haram adventures in the area, though few, have driven tourists away from the area. 9. Kebbi It is bordered by Sokoto State,Niger State,Dosso Regionin the Republic of Niger and the nation of Benin. The recently concluded Sir Ahmadu Bello International Airport (SABIA), stands out as one of Nigeria’s most sophisticated airports and is expected to boost the state’s economy.
10. Zamfara Recently the governor was blasted for the “alarming scope of economic dangers and its potential threat to the economic development of the state,” by the Zamfara Budget Working Group. Niger is the state with the lowest poverty rate which is 33.8%. It was followed by Osun (37.9%) and Ondo (45.7%). Bayelsa (47%) and Lagos (48.6%) have less than 50% poverty rate. The average poverty rate in the Northwest geopolitical zone is 71.4%, which remained the highest in the said area. It is followed by the Northeast region which has 69.1% and the North central region which has 60.7%. Poverty was least dominant in the Southwest (49.8%), South-South (55.5%), and South-East regions (59.5%).

https://www.naij.com/401470-see-the-10-poorest-states-in-nigeria.html

cc......lalasticlala
Re: See The 10 Poorest States In Nigeria by PAINGAIN: 9:03am On Nov 07, 2015
And then imagine them in a nigeria without oil money. These hausas r just parasites. Yorubas take note.

3 Likes

Re: See The 10 Poorest States In Nigeria by bonechamberlain(m): 9:16am On Nov 07, 2015
this is why they shout one Nigeria loudest

3 Likes

Re: See The 10 Poorest States In Nigeria by JustOzito(f): 9:20am On Nov 07, 2015
Kikihahabuahawawawpapapahuhohuho.... Allow me laugh in spanish.. Inspite of their misrule for ova 50yrs they ar still dying of poverty. Very soon the sun will rise den the true face of Zoogeria will be shown to d world.
Proudly Biafra

2 Likes

Re: See The 10 Poorest States In Nigeria by ZKOSOSO(m): 9:24am On Nov 07, 2015
The SOUTH has been the ATM of the NORTH since 1912!! Ask lord Lugarge!

Ebonyi is far wealthier than nasarawa, kogi, Yobe and borno naaa

5 Likes

Re: See The 10 Poorest States In Nigeria by ayatt(m): 9:26am On Nov 07, 2015
foolish list...on seeing katsina tagged north central I know it was secondary pupil who wrote this list..
Re: See The 10 Poorest States In Nigeria by 01emek(m): 9:27am On Nov 07, 2015
Re: See The 10 Poorest States In Nigeria by mybestlove(m): 9:37am On Nov 07, 2015
Of all the cry for power, we at the north are still the poorest.

Meaning our northern leaders are not productive and that

they lack the knowledge for development.

So help us Oh Lord.

1 Like

Re: See The 10 Poorest States In Nigeria by saint047(m): 9:43am On Nov 07, 2015
Ok
Re: See The 10 Poorest States In Nigeria by Ajibo111(m): 9:46am On Nov 07, 2015
ayatt:
foolish list...on seeing katsina tagged north central I know it was secondary pupil who wrote this list..

and i can swear even though you are a graduate you cannot write your hausa name......

1 Like

Re: See The 10 Poorest States In Nigeria by gbogboti: 9:49am On Nov 07, 2015
Please encourage our local games developers
Click here http:///clIxXe to play games like OGA AT THE TOP, OLE, JAGUN, MAMAPUT, OYA RUN and many more. A click is an encouragement. Thanks!
Re: See The 10 Poorest States In Nigeria by ayatt(m): 9:49am On Nov 07, 2015
Ajibo111:

and i can swear even though you are a graduate you cannot write your hausa name......
lol don't take it personal... chill
Re: See The 10 Poorest States In Nigeria by IGBOPRINCE: 9:55am On Nov 07, 2015
Op you re not on points, ebonyi is not poor and they will never be among the poorest states in nigeria.

Ebonyi is rich and things have change now..
I am coming.

4 Likes

Re: See The 10 Poorest States In Nigeria by CharlyNick: 9:59am On Nov 07, 2015
Akwa Ibom Esongo........
Re: See The 10 Poorest States In Nigeria by chernest2002: 10:00am On Nov 07, 2015
And Buhari reversing the progress made by pdp thirteen years rule, minus yaradua era
Re: See The 10 Poorest States In Nigeria by Ajibo111(m): 10:42am On Nov 07, 2015
CC.....LALASTICLALA
Re: See The 10 Poorest States In Nigeria by Ajibo111(m): 10:43am On Nov 07, 2015
IGBOPRINCE:
Op you re not on points, ebonyi is not poor and they will never be among the poorest states in nigeria.

Ebonyi is rich and things have change now..
I am coming.
you are always right
Re: See The 10 Poorest States In Nigeria by falcon01: 11:57am On Nov 07, 2015
JustOzito:
Kikihahabuahawawawpapapahuhohuho.... Allow me laugh in spanish.. Inspite of their misrule for ova 50yrs they ar still dying of poverty. Very soon the sun will rise den the true face of Zoogeria will be shown to d world.
Proudly Biafra
I pray make northerners begin steal Nigeria money
Re: See The 10 Poorest States In Nigeria by lilbazy(m): 11:58am On Nov 07, 2015
No wonder dem won kill themselves becos of one nigeria....those guys up in the north are extremely poor!! I knew it,if the southsouth and southeast(Biafra) should dissociate themselves from those islamist in the north,I wonder how they will survive! I wonder how many bags of groundnut and potatoes they will be selling to pay salaries
Re: See The 10 Poorest States In Nigeria by speedyGonzales: 12:08pm On Nov 07, 2015
the funny thing nigeria was initially jointed so the south can pay for the north and they have been paying ever since!
Re: See The 10 Poorest States In Nigeria by JustOzito(f): 12:11pm On Nov 07, 2015
falcon01:
I pray make northerners begin steal Nigeria money
I almost forgot Saint Abacha was an easterner and Angel IBB is a southerner
Re: See The 10 Poorest States In Nigeria by ribbit: 12:27pm On Nov 07, 2015
Choi ...

North biggest parasite
South east second biggest parasite

Zeus bless south south and south west for feeding the nation with their oyel and investments

1 Like

Re: See The 10 Poorest States In Nigeria by Nobody: 12:32pm On Nov 07, 2015
If Nigeria breaks ehn. No visa for hausa to South West o, honestly. No good for the economy or safety.
Re: See The 10 Poorest States In Nigeria by Nobody: 1:01pm On Nov 07, 2015
ribbit:
Choi ...

North biggest parasite
South east second biggest parasite

Zeus bless south south and south west for feeding the nation with their oyel and investments

(1) (Reply)

8 Case Files Opened Against Nigeria At Icc / Buhari Is A Useless Nonentity Kunu Drinking Bastard Burukutu Sipping Gorilla / Kaduna State Governor El-rufai For President 2019 - Nigerians React

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.