Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,016 members, 7,818,004 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 03:32 AM

World Scrabble Championship Ongoing In Perth Australia ( WESPAC ) - Gaming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Gaming / World Scrabble Championship Ongoing In Perth Australia ( WESPAC ) (1901 Views)

Thread For Scrabble And Chess Lovers / Wellington Jighere Of Nigeria Becomes The World Scrabble Champion !! / Nigerian Wins World Scrabble Championship In Australia (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

World Scrabble Championship Ongoing In Perth Australia ( WESPAC ) by Nobody: 11:01am On Nov 07, 2015
The world scrabble championship is ongoing in Perth Australia with the Nigerian team doing well. Nigeria is already in the finals after 3 days of play and 30 games ( 2 games left ) , Wellington Jighere is currently placed 1st after 30 games with 23 wins and will either finish 1st or 2nd regardless of the outcomes from other games even if he loses his last 2 games. The finals will be a best of 3 games between 1st and 2nd , if he wins the finals he'll be the first black man , the first African and the first Nigerian to win the World scrabble championship. Go Wellington , go Nigeria.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: World Scrabble Championship Ongoing In Perth Australia ( WESPAC ) by Nobody: 11:04am On Nov 07, 2015
Here's a link to the standings

http://scrabble.org.au/events/15WSC/inv/round31.html

lalasticlala abeg push am go front page , we are set to make history.
Re: World Scrabble Championship Ongoing In Perth Australia ( WESPAC ) by cao(f): 11:09am On Nov 07, 2015
neoapocalypse:
The world scrabble championship is ongoing in Perth Australia with the Nigerian team doing well. Nigeria is already in the finals after 3 days of play and 30 games ( 2 games left ) , Wellington Jighere is currently placed 1st after 30 games with 23 wins and will either finish 1st or 2nd regardless of the outcomes from other games even if he loses his last 2 games. The finals will be a best of 3 games between 1st and 2nd , if he wins the finals he'll be the first black man , the first African and the first Nigerian to win the World scrabble championship. Go Wellington , go Nigeria.

http://www.scrabble.org.au/events/15WSC/inv/Cwellingtonjighere.html
He's doing rather well. Sweet.
Re: World Scrabble Championship Ongoing In Perth Australia ( WESPAC ) by cao(f): 11:09am On Nov 07, 2015
neoapocalypse:
Here's a link to the standings

http://scrabble.org.au/events/15WSC/inv/round31.html

lalasticlala abeg push am go front page , we are set to make history.
Excuse you, what do you think I've been trying to do? Since you didn't put a link up in the first place, I had to investigate.
Re: World Scrabble Championship Ongoing In Perth Australia ( WESPAC ) by Nobody: 11:21am On Nov 07, 2015
cao:

http://www.scrabble.org.au/events/15WSC/inv/Cwellingtonjighere.html
He's doing rather well. Sweet.

Good job cao , nice to see he has won his 31st game bringing his total wins to 24
Re: World Scrabble Championship Ongoing In Perth Australia ( WESPAC ) by Nobody: 11:23am On Nov 07, 2015
cao:

Excuse you, what do you think I've been trying to do? Since you didn't put a link up in the first place, I had to investigate.
wink
Re: World Scrabble Championship Ongoing In Perth Australia ( WESPAC ) by cao(f): 11:34am On Nov 07, 2015
neoapocalypse:
wink

Anywho, see me refreshing the page for his last match...

...acting like Scrabble is my new high.
Re: World Scrabble Championship Ongoing In Perth Australia ( WESPAC ) by Nobody: 11:37am On Nov 07, 2015
cao:

Anywho, see me refreshing the page for his last match...

...acting like Scrabble is my new high.

Hahaha , keep your pants on lady , the finals is tomorrow , you'll need all the nerve steadying tomorrow.
Re: World Scrabble Championship Ongoing In Perth Australia ( WESPAC ) by Ezerbullet(m): 11:37am On Nov 07, 2015
Lalasticlala do the needful abeg and leave celebrity pictures alone
Re: World Scrabble Championship Ongoing In Perth Australia ( WESPAC ) by cao(f): 11:39am On Nov 07, 2015
neoapocalypse:

Hahaha , keep your pants on lady , the finals is tomorrow , you'll need all the nerve steadying tomorrow.
Don't calm my nerves with logic and common sense...I shall refresh!
[img]http://media./media/tei52cyY5mroA/giphy.gif[/img]
Re: World Scrabble Championship Ongoing In Perth Australia ( WESPAC ) by cao(f): 11:48am On Nov 07, 2015
The final board on his 30th match against Marlon Prudencio (SGP) Score: 436:360

Re: World Scrabble Championship Ongoing In Perth Australia ( WESPAC ) by Nobody: 11:54am On Nov 07, 2015
cao:
Don't calm my nerves with logic and common sense...I shall refresh! [img]http://media./media/tei52cyY5mroA/giphy.gif[/img]
Lol , you're one funny lady
Re: World Scrabble Championship Ongoing In Perth Australia ( WESPAC ) by Nobody: 11:55am On Nov 07, 2015
Ezerbullet:
Lalasticlala do the needful abeg and leave celebrity pictures alone

lol.
Re: World Scrabble Championship Ongoing In Perth Australia ( WESPAC ) by Nobody: 12:10pm On Nov 07, 2015
Screen shot of the finalists

Re: World Scrabble Championship Ongoing In Perth Australia ( WESPAC ) by cao(f): 12:10pm On Nov 07, 2015
He won his last match, making it 25 wins. In your face Wayne Kelly!
Re: World Scrabble Championship Ongoing In Perth Australia ( WESPAC ) by Nobody: 8:55pm On Nov 07, 2015
Sorry for the misinformation , I just heard it's best of 7 games tomorrow , it was increased from the usual 3 games at the last world tournament , a tournament Nigeria did not participate in cos their visas were rejected.
Re: World Scrabble Championship Ongoing In Perth Australia ( WESPAC ) by Nobody: 7:34am On Nov 08, 2015
And we have a new world champion , congrats to Wellington Jighere who won Lewis Mackay in a spectacular fashion beating him 4 - 0 in a best of 7 games , Lewis never stood a chance.
Re: World Scrabble Championship Ongoing In Perth Australia ( WESPAC ) by cao(f): 1:37pm On Nov 08, 2015
Nice thing to wake up to...don't judge, I woke up super early then went back to sleep hours later. Anywho, congratulations Wellington Jighere for walloping Lewis MacKay and winning the title.

The final board.

Jighere walks away with 10000 Auatralian dollars.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: World Scrabble Championship Ongoing In Perth Australia ( WESPAC ) by Kaycee7(m): 5:05pm On Nov 09, 2015
Congrats Wellington. Way to go

(1) (Reply)

Pixel Gun 3D For Android / Nintendo Switch For Sale **SOLD** / Different Types Of Psp?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.