Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,194 members, 7,818,642 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 08:36 PM

What A Nairalander Will Do If Given The Chance To Govern Nigeria For 24hours - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / What A Nairalander Will Do If Given The Chance To Govern Nigeria For 24hours (684 Views)

Isaac Fayose Describes Ibadan As A Dead City, Asks If Oyo State Still Has Govern / Prof. Nwabueze; Buhari is Intellectually Unfit to Govern Nigeria / A President Without Ministers: Can Buhari Govern Nigeria? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What A Nairalander Will Do If Given The Chance To Govern Nigeria For 24hours by teeboila(m): 1:00pm On Nov 07, 2015
I love Nigeria even though the country have done little or nothing to merit the love but it is an unconditional love. It makes me think what i will do if given the chance to run the affairs of this country just for 24hours, i will simply do the following

1) Increase corper allowance to 45k/month
2) Cancel fixed charges by electricity distributing companies
3) reduce price of petrol to #40/litre
4) create a social welfare package to all enemployed graduate of 20k/month
5) free MB for Nigerians to browse all through my stay in office

FEEL FREE TO ADD YOUR OWN OR LIST WHAT YOU WILL DO IF YOU HAVE SUCH OPPORTUNITY
Re: What A Nairalander Will Do If Given The Chance To Govern Nigeria For 24hours by delishpot: 1:01pm On Nov 07, 2015
And where will the money to do all that come from?
You dont just implement things, you work towards them.
It is like you have a shop that generates 20 naira weekly
Now your son cannot just say if daddy give me his shop to run for a day I will
1 give all his workers 200 naira each
2 Pay scholarship for all their kids
3 buy every worker who has been with my dad for 4 years or more a car
Now remeber his dads business generates only 20 naira profit? where the hell is he going to get the money to meet up?
Yes he can take a loan to do it, but is that the best action for his fathers business? To run it into debt?
But he can say, he will invest in so so machine, when his profits doubles he can increase salary or give chikd care fund of 1 % each staff salary for 2 offspring of each staff.
Then when he adds another branch to the business and he makes profit again, he can say lets use out of the profit to build a staff quaters and then provide free housing for his fathers staff and the jourbey continues like that.
Slowly but surely if the standard is kept before long his fathers workers will have good welfare pacjages and enjoy more. Unlike if he takes a loan to do them good only for him to run bankrupt and then lay off the staff he was so much willing to make happy by taking the lian in the first place; when his creditors come knocking

1 Like

Re: What A Nairalander Will Do If Given The Chance To Govern Nigeria For 24hours by teeboila(m): 1:05pm On Nov 07, 2015
just approve the damn thing and let the common man feel the impact of the word 'Government' abi Nigeria no get foreign reserve?
Re: What A Nairalander Will Do If Given The Chance To Govern Nigeria For 24hours by NewBorn2: 1:12pm On Nov 07, 2015
teeboila:
I love Nigeria even though the country have done little or nothing to merit the love but it is an unconditional love. It makes me think what i will do if given the chance to run the affairs of this country just for 24hours, i will simply do the following

1) Increase corper allowance to 45k/month
2) Cancel fixed charges by electricity distributing companies
3) reduce price of petrol to #40/litre
4) create a social welfare package to all enemployed graduate of 20k/month
5) free MB for Nigerians to browse all through my stay in office

FEEL FREE TO ADD YOUR OWN OR LIST WHAT YOU WILL DO IF YOU HAVE SUCH OPPORTUNITY
Detain all the mods here without trial. My pound of flesh
Re: What A Nairalander Will Do If Given The Chance To Govern Nigeria For 24hours by delishpot: 1:14pm On Nov 07, 2015
NewBorn2:

No drop of blood. Now.........go ahead and get that pound of flesh and lets move on cool
Re: What A Nairalander Will Do If Given The Chance To Govern Nigeria For 24hours by NewBorn2: 1:17pm On Nov 07, 2015
delishpot:

No drop of blood. Now.........go ahead and get that pound of flesh and lets move on cool
I don't need your encouragement. No thanks. Sonboleson!
Re: What A Nairalander Will Do If Given The Chance To Govern Nigeria For 24hours by ckmayoca: 1:17pm On Nov 07, 2015
Lol... U wan take 1 Mill buy car, build house, marry wife, employ people. Na so he easy and yet naija be like this.
Re: What A Nairalander Will Do If Given The Chance To Govern Nigeria For 24hours by teeboila(m): 1:24pm On Nov 07, 2015
delishpot:
And where will the money to do all that come from?
You dont just implement things, you work towards them.
It is like you have a shop that generates 20 naira weekly
Now your son cannot just say if daddy give me his shop to run for a day I will
1 give all his workers 200 naira each
2 Pay scholarship for all their kids
3 buy every worker who has been with my dad for 4 years or more a car
Now remeber his dads business generates only 20 naira profit? where the hell is he going to get the money to meet up?
Yes he can take a loan to do it, but is that the best action for his fathers business? To run it into debt?
But he can say, he will invest in so so machine, when his profits doubles he can increase salary or give chikd care fund of 1 % each staff salary for 2 offspring of each staff.
Then when he adds another branch to the business and he makes profit again, he can say lets use out of the profit to build a staff quaters and then provide free housing for his fathers staff and the jourbey continues like that.
Slowly but surely if the standard is kept before long his fathers workers will have good welfare pacjages and enjoy more. Unlike if he takes a loan to do them good only for him to run bankrupt and then lay off the staff he was so much willing to make happy by taking the lian in the first place; when his creditors come knocking
you're giving the same excuse all the politicians have been giving about non-implementation of basic relief policies for poverty ridden Nigerians. If a shop owner with 170million mouths to feed cannot expand his bussiness then he better
(a) close the shop and tell his 170million sons to go and be on their own (Biafra independent)

(b) give the shop to better bussiness manager to manage it for him[RESIGN]

(c) go deep into his saving to feed the hungry people (borrow, lend or generate fund) otherwise its only a matter of time before the hungry people feed on him and his shopwares.
Re: What A Nairalander Will Do If Given The Chance To Govern Nigeria For 24hours by teeboila(m): 1:28pm On Nov 07, 2015
NewBorn2:

Kirikiri or Alagbon?
Re: What A Nairalander Will Do If Given The Chance To Govern Nigeria For 24hours by delishpot: 1:30pm On Nov 07, 2015
teeboila:
you're giving the same excuse all the politicians have been giving about non-implementation of basic relief policies for poverty ridden Nigerians. If a shop owner with 170million mouths to feed cannot expand his bussiness then he better
(a) close the shop and tell his 170million sons to go and be on their own (Biafra independent)

(b) give the shop to better bussiness manager to manage it for him[RESIGN]

(c) go deep into his saving to feed the hungry people (borrow, lend or generate fund) otherwise its only a matter of time before the hungry people feed on him and his shopwares.

Maybe op should do that rather than giving what he doesnt have? Maybe he should just split Nigeria and move on? Cos this arguement doesnt make any difference. All we need is a government that will start the procešs of what they promised on campaing grounds. Dont be like buhari has done only to find out that there is no enough 5 thousand naira to go round the unemployed youths of Nigeria or enough money to provide food for schook kids(which I can feed 1 school child a month on #2000 and it will be balanced GMB should call me if he is interested) and as time goes on I will feed them for less and in the process provide jobs for at least 20 000 youths(Govt take note cool )
Yes he can say he will do all he stated but when he climbs that throne and finds that the purse is empty, wouldnt he then become like the past govts that promised but never fulfilled?
You cannot give what you do not have gaskia

NB dont be hasty to attack, if you removed anger from your heart you will see the alternative I gave so as to provide the best for those workers. I never said they or their welfare should be ignored. Please be rational. Nigeria needs rational people at this point in time.
Re: What A Nairalander Will Do If Given The Chance To Govern Nigeria For 24hours by Teeboy22(m): 1:40pm On Nov 07, 2015
hahahhahahah

very funny
Re: What A Nairalander Will Do If Given The Chance To Govern Nigeria For 24hours by loomer: 1:45pm On Nov 07, 2015
Another Buhari in the making.
Re: What A Nairalander Will Do If Given The Chance To Govern Nigeria For 24hours by Nobody: 1:50pm On Nov 07, 2015
Op you must be an APC apologists...

Scammers
Re: What A Nairalander Will Do If Given The Chance To Govern Nigeria For 24hours by teeboila(m): 1:51pm On Nov 07, 2015
delishpot:

Maybe op should do that rather than giving what he doesnt have? Maybe he should just split Nigeria and move on? Cos this arguement doesnt make any difference. All we need is a government that will start the procešs of what they promised on campaing grounds. Dont be like buhari has done only to find out that there is no enough 5 thousand naira to go round the unemployed youths of Nigeria or enough money to provide food for schook kids(which I can feed 1 school child a month on #2000 and it will be balanced GMB should call me if he is interested) and as time goes on I will feed them for less and in the process provide jobs for at least 20 000 youths(Govt take note cool )
Yes he can say he will do all he stated but when he climbs that throne and finds that the purse is empty, wouldnt he then become like the past govts that promised but never fulfilled?
You cannot give what you do not have gaskia

NB dont be hasty to attack, if you removed anger from your heart you will see the alternative I gave so as to provide the best for those workers. I never said they or their welfare should be ignored. Please be rational. Nigeria needs rational people at this point in time.
Am not angry at you but @ the govt i believe its possible remember we still have about $20billion still missing(yes dollars not naira) thats is about 40trillion naira(Nigeria's budget for 10 years) its just attitudinal change that is needed and not chants change or broom change.
Re: What A Nairalander Will Do If Given The Chance To Govern Nigeria For 24hours by teeboila(m): 1:53pm On Nov 07, 2015
NOBLEDANDY:
Op you must be an APC apologists...

Scammers
Nah am just a neutral Nigerian without any political affiliate; dunno any apc
Re: What A Nairalander Will Do If Given The Chance To Govern Nigeria For 24hours by delishpot: 2:44pm On Nov 07, 2015
teeboila:
Am not angry at you but @ the govt i believe its possible remember we still have about $20billion still missing(yes dollars not naira) thats is about 40trillion naira(Nigeria's budget for 10 years) its just attitudinal change that is needed and not chants change or broom change.

I get your point. But dont forget that money is "missing" as at this moment so it is not available. What Nigeria needs is an active government that will bring progressive change. We all know it takes time for great change and we the people are willing to wait but we need a government that will actively work on that change
Re: What A Nairalander Will Do If Given The Chance To Govern Nigeria For 24hours by delishpot: 2:48pm On Nov 07, 2015
NewBorn2:

I don't need your encouragement. No thanks. Sonboleson!

Sorry No vex!
Re: What A Nairalander Will Do If Given The Chance To Govern Nigeria For 24hours by Djicemob: 2:54pm On Nov 07, 2015
Easier said that done -Buhari (2015)

(1) (Reply)

Nairaland Mentioned In Audio Report On How To Steal Crude Oil In The Niger Delta / FG Will Curb Unemployment, Says Ngige / Oshiomhole Biggest Thief In Benin City, Says Igbinedion

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.