Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,640 members, 7,813,145 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 07:46 AM

Building Collapses In Lagos, 2 Brothers, Baby Feared Dead - Properties - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / Building Collapses In Lagos, 2 Brothers, Baby Feared Dead (18358 Views)

A Building Collapses In Lagos Island, Tokunbo Street (Video) / 3 Storey Building Collapses In Lagos Island This Morning. Residents Trapped / Building Collapses In Lekki, Two Feared Dead (Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Building Collapses In Lagos, 2 Brothers, Baby Feared Dead by morereb10: 1:13pm On Nov 07, 2015
Reports are reaching us says that another building has collapsed in Ojodu Berger area of Lagos state, leaving two brothers and a baby boy dead. This comes barely two weeks after a three-storey building collapsed in Odunfa, Lagos Island, although there were no deaths recorded in that incident.

According to Tribune, the incident occurred on Saturday morning and the casualties were confirmed by the National Emergency Management Agency (NEMA), which has been at the forefront of an on-going rescue mission. The report further confirmed that the incident took place at Orisha Street, Isheri Magodo, Imodium, Ojodu/Berger, where the baby boy was the first to be recovered dead.

Also, a woman with two out of four other trapped children, was recovered injured and rushed to Tabasco General Hospital. The siblings who died, Sylva Odiah and Sayo Odiah, were 24 and 15 respectively, while the rescue team was still trying to recover 11-year-old Clinton Odiah and eight-year-old Endurance Odiah.

The Nation reports that Mayflower Hospital, where the mother of seven was initially taken, rejected her because ‘there was no card’ before she was quickly rushed to Tabasco Hospital. A resident said that the building, a bungalow, did not collapse by itself. He said: “Around 6am, we heard a loud sound. But we did not know that the upper part of another building beside the bungalow has fallen on it.

“Unfortunately, it fell just on the room where Mr. Godwin Odiah’s children were sleeping. The man has seven children but three of them are not around. “He was the one who saw it and started screaming for help. He said he was in the bathroom when he heard the sound but did not know that it was in his compound.

“Another building also collapsed again but I don’t know if anyone was killed.

“Government needs to do something in this area. It is sandy and water logged. I think the incident is not unconnected with the heavy rain and the topography in the area.” Emergency workers comprising NEMA, the Lagos state fire service, Lagos State Emergency Management Agency (LASEMA) and the police were on the ground to manage the situation. While confirming the incident, Ibrahim Farinloye, NEMA’s spokesman for the southwest, said the collapse was caused by mudslides from the cleavage of a hill beside River Ogun.

http://www.exlinklodge.com/2015/11/breaking-news-building-collapses-in.html#sthash.z1K0Kg4P.dpuf

Re: Building Collapses In Lagos, 2 Brothers, Baby Feared Dead by libertyfather(m): 1:17pm On Nov 07, 2015
The rate in which house is collapsing lately cry cry what happening? Help us oh God

1 Like

Re: Building Collapses In Lagos, 2 Brothers, Baby Feared Dead by Tunami(m): 1:36pm On Nov 07, 2015
rip to them
Re: Building Collapses In Lagos, 2 Brothers, Baby Feared Dead by McBrooklyn(m): 2:53pm On Nov 07, 2015
This Is Why We Need To Have The Flash Here In Nigeria Too

Since It Has Been Raining This Year, I Have Been In The Rain Maybe Lighting Fit Hit Me Too Maybe Person Fit BecomeThe Flash too angry

Any STAR Labs Here In Nigeria

Back To The Topic, Na Only Lagos Waka Come undecided

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Building Collapses In Lagos, 2 Brothers, Baby Feared Dead by aspirebig: 2:54pm On Nov 07, 2015
God have mercy. RIP to the dead.

Many substandard houses in Lagos.

Many Lagos landlord like baba Kola pack erosion sand to build, plenty sand little cement. Just to collect rent from tenants.

Hope, someone will not ask NCC to fine the landlord? Any small thing now, NCC will be mentioned.

Those that died from the building and other ways like accident have plans for tomorrow, they did not see the death coming. What a life!

Year 2015 will not see my end, I will see the end of year 2015 and many more years in good health, wisdom, prosperity, peace of mind, joy and divine favours in Jesus name, Amen.

14 Likes

Re: Building Collapses In Lagos, 2 Brothers, Baby Feared Dead by Airforce1(m): 2:54pm On Nov 07, 2015
Buhari should look into this building collapses

Its becoming an everyday thing especially in lagos

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Building Collapses In Lagos, 2 Brothers, Baby Feared Dead by quincywilfred: 2:54pm On Nov 07, 2015
weak structures everywhere
Re: Building Collapses In Lagos, 2 Brothers, Baby Feared Dead by cherryice(f): 2:55pm On Nov 07, 2015
All dese useless lagosians dat keep using ordinary sand as cement for houses sef.. The annoyin part is that the owners of such houses wont live in d house, dey wld just let it out n go buy demselves good houses.
God hv mercy!

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Building Collapses In Lagos, 2 Brothers, Baby Feared Dead by Sasuwa(f): 2:55pm On Nov 07, 2015
'i wil tek it 2 twitter
Re: Building Collapses In Lagos, 2 Brothers, Baby Feared Dead by PRINCENWAEZE(m): 2:55pm On Nov 07, 2015
shocked. What did u expect from a city surrounded by lagoon

Though rip to the dead undecided

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Building Collapses In Lagos, 2 Brothers, Baby Feared Dead by Nobody: 2:55pm On Nov 07, 2015
Ok
Re: Building Collapses In Lagos, 2 Brothers, Baby Feared Dead by nnadychuks(m): 2:55pm On Nov 07, 2015
lagos and buildings... Civil engineers what do ya say na??
Re: Building Collapses In Lagos, 2 Brothers, Baby Feared Dead by xynerise: 2:56pm On Nov 07, 2015
Hmmm....same Ojodu I visited on Friday?
Re: Building Collapses In Lagos, 2 Brothers, Baby Feared Dead by Nobody: 2:57pm On Nov 07, 2015
Hmmm
Re: Building Collapses In Lagos, 2 Brothers, Baby Feared Dead by cherryice(f): 2:58pm On Nov 07, 2015
xynerise:
Hmmm....same Ojodu I visited on Friday?
no. not dat same one, another one undecided

3 Likes

Re: Building Collapses In Lagos, 2 Brothers, Baby Feared Dead by Moji12(f): 2:58pm On Nov 07, 2015
Jesus Christ! Lord pls keep protecting us from unseen calamities, it is well. embarassed
Re: Building Collapses In Lagos, 2 Brothers, Baby Feared Dead by Segadem(m): 2:58pm On Nov 07, 2015
Lagos! something has to be done to buildings that always collapse in this state.
Why is it that only this state we dhey hear this kind of news

Rip to d dead
Re: Building Collapses In Lagos, 2 Brothers, Baby Feared Dead by Cre8(m): 2:58pm On Nov 07, 2015
This is sad. cry. Lagos and collapse buildings, it's high time this stops.
Re: Building Collapses In Lagos, 2 Brothers, Baby Feared Dead by djbenchilovsky: 2:59pm On Nov 07, 2015
Rip
Re: Building Collapses In Lagos, 2 Brothers, Baby Feared Dead by hensben(m): 2:59pm On Nov 07, 2015
RIP
Re: Building Collapses In Lagos, 2 Brothers, Baby Feared Dead by Goldencollins: 2:59pm On Nov 07, 2015
poor building materials,poor structural design etc are the cause of all these building collapse
Re: Building Collapses In Lagos, 2 Brothers, Baby Feared Dead by jobdata1: 3:00pm On Nov 07, 2015
ok
Re: Building Collapses In Lagos, 2 Brothers, Baby Feared Dead by ofofoCEO(f): 3:00pm On Nov 07, 2015
Sad something, Standard Organisation of Nigeria should invest such occurrences, it's becoming too much.
Rip to the dead.

RELIGIOUS FANATICS, WHERE WILL THE BABA GO, HAVE OR HE'LL?
Re: Building Collapses In Lagos, 2 Brothers, Baby Feared Dead by money121(m): 3:00pm On Nov 07, 2015
shocked shocked shocked
Re: Building Collapses In Lagos, 2 Brothers, Baby Feared Dead by dihalao(m): 3:00pm On Nov 07, 2015
shocked shocked lipsrsealed
Re: Building Collapses In Lagos, 2 Brothers, Baby Feared Dead by ignis: 3:01pm On Nov 07, 2015
Ambode is a bad luck.
Re: Building Collapses In Lagos, 2 Brothers, Baby Feared Dead by jascon1(m): 3:01pm On Nov 07, 2015
Na wah oo

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Building Collapses In Lagos, 2 Brothers, Baby Feared Dead by successiam(m): 3:02pm On Nov 07, 2015
mtcheeeew
Re: Building Collapses In Lagos, 2 Brothers, Baby Feared Dead by onosprince(m): 3:02pm On Nov 07, 2015
I have run out of RIP so I am just here to read comments.
Re: Building Collapses In Lagos, 2 Brothers, Baby Feared Dead by funkybully(f): 3:04pm On Nov 07, 2015
All those tiger whisker face yoloba lazy men claiming landlord ontop inherited house from their ancestors will not renovate nor check d integrity of their houses . Only waiting for rent expiry to come for "owoda" and go blow away the rent on owambe

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Building Collapses In Lagos, 2 Brothers, Baby Feared Dead by Nobody: 3:04pm On Nov 07, 2015
shocked

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Excellently Brand-new 6 Bedroom For Sale.. / House, duplex for sale or for rent at ikeja, lekki phase1 & 2 ajah, magodo / My House Project Up To Living Level

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.