Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,663 members, 7,816,701 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 03:38 PM

My Watermelon Is Rottening - Agriculture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / My Watermelon Is Rottening (2682 Views)

My Watermelon Experiment Farm / My Watermelon/cucumber Experience.by Iconfarms / Pls Help! My Watermelon Crops Are Dying. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Watermelon Is Rottening by chiomilisa(f): 2:52pm On Nov 07, 2015
please house some of my watermelons are beginning to rot. please see picture below, especially the small small ones that are coming up. please I need help. thank you. meanwhile I am test running. (new bie)

Re: My Watermelon Is Rottening by Fundamentalist: 3:01pm On Nov 07, 2015
What type fungicide do you apply? Is your environment to damp?
Re: My Watermelon Is Rottening by TheUnbeatable(m): 3:05pm On Nov 07, 2015
@Op:

I empathise with you.

Though, I can't access your farm now, but I suspect too much water/ humidity. This also happens to cocoa and cassava.

I stand to be corrected though.
Re: My Watermelon Is Rottening by Fundamentalist: 3:14pm On Nov 07, 2015
Just apply a fungicide with a foliar fertilizer and it would solve the problem from what I see it could spread to other melons it's fungal.

It's caused as a result of over irrigation, use of poor resistant seeds, infected equipment used in farming. It's very common on vegetables and fruits.

1 Like

Re: My Watermelon Is Rottening by jethro2: 3:38pm On Nov 07, 2015
Its probably due to too much and irregular watering. If its mainly on the side touching the ground, try using grass to mulch so it will not have direct contact with the soil
Re: My Watermelon Is Rottening by chiomilisa(f): 4:02pm On Nov 07, 2015
Fundamentalist:

below, please I use z force.
Re: My Watermelon Is Rottening by chiomilisa(f): 4:08pm On Nov 07, 2015
jethro2:
Its probably due to too much and irregular watering. If its mainly on the side touching the ground, try using grass to mulch so it will not have direct contact with the soil

madam jethro thank you. I will raise those ones touching the ground. but as per irregular watering, since august 31st I planted them it has been raining all through. it just stopped for like 4 days here in asaba
Re: My Watermelon Is Rottening by chiomilisa(f): 4:13pm On Nov 07, 2015
Fundamentalist:
Just apply a fungicide with a foliar fertilizer and it would solve the problem from what I see it could spread to other melons it's fungal.

It's caused as a result of over irrigation, use of poor resistant seeds, infected equipment used in farming. It's very common on vegetables and fruits.

@fundamentalist, pls can u recommend seed in case of next time. but for this I use technisem.

You mentioned infected equipment, please now could it be that I'm not washing my sprayer very well before use, thank you. educate me and God bless.
Re: My Watermelon Is Rottening by Fundamentalist: 4:19pm On Nov 07, 2015
chiomilisa:

@fundamentalist, pls can u recommend seed in case of next time. but for this I use technisem.

You mentioned infected equipment, please now could it be that I'm not washing my sprayer very well before use, thank you. educate me and God bless.

You should use red force it's more effective though they are made by the same company. A 50g sachet is for a sprayer. If u have money add a foliar fertilizer like maxi force 4teaspoon per knapsack. To improve yield. Please try avoid over irrigation
Re: My Watermelon Is Rottening by chiomilisa(f): 4:19pm On Nov 07, 2015
madam jethro. I hay u. you too much. You are good. please when next you are having training, please kindly text me through this no 08071521717. always ready to learn from people. thank u ones again.
Re: My Watermelon Is Rottening by Fundamentalist: 4:58pm On Nov 07, 2015
Don't have any in mind about good melon seeds. I have not been on that line for a while
Re: My Watermelon Is Rottening by jethro2: 5:50pm On Nov 07, 2015
chiomilisa:

madam jethro thank you. I will raise those ones touching the ground. but as per irregular watering, since august 31st I planted them it has been raining all through. it just stopped for like 4 days here in asaba
It can also be attributed to too much water. Water melon don't want too much water. Technisem products are good. It now depend on where you source it.
Re: My Watermelon Is Rottening by jethro2: 5:53pm On Nov 07, 2015
chiomilisa:
madam jethro. I hay u. you too much. You are good. please when next you are having training, please kindly text me through this no 08071521717. always ready to learn from people. thank u ones again.
Thank you sister. My greetings too.
All training prospone till next year February. I will keep you informed.
Re: My Watermelon Is Rottening by chiomilisa(f): 10:57pm On Nov 07, 2015
jethro2:

Thank you sister. My greetings too.
All training prospone till next year February. I will keep you informed.

ok waiting till then. thank yu
Re: My Watermelon Is Rottening by agricentral(m): 2:45pm On Nov 08, 2015
chiomilisa:

below, please I use z force.

How old is your watermelon and what quantity of z force r u applying ?
Re: My Watermelon Is Rottening by chiomilisa(f): 3:45pm On Nov 08, 2015
agricentral:

How old is your watermelon and what quantity of z force r u applying ?

I started noticing it around 55 days. but its now 69 days. for the z force I do apply 1level of tin peak milk liquid. I started applying it when I noticed the yellow leave.
Re: My Watermelon Is Rottening by agricentral(m): 8:44pm On Nov 08, 2015
chiomilisa:

I started noticing it around 55 days. but its now 69 days. for the z force I do apply 1level of tin peak milk liquid. I started applying it when I noticed the yellow leave.

You mean in liquid or in powder? Did u pour the z force powder Into the full tin or u mixed a small quantity in water and you make it up to the size of tin milk.?
Re: My Watermelon Is Rottening by papatee4(m): 7:35am On Jan 02, 2016
Check my signature for genetically pure seeds, high yield seedlings, and hybrid and high yield sucker. Call 08076483817
Re: My Watermelon Is Rottening by kzenterprise(m): 7:12am On Jan 27, 2016
Use super gro while planting reach me on 07031000145
Re: My Watermelon Is Rottening by Glare247(m): 8:31am On Jan 27, 2016
Fundamentalist:
. Hello sa,I wish to know much about watermelon farming,I wish to have ur contact pls

(1) (Reply)

Alternate Account For Emmaachile / Stretching The Banana / Boost Your Piglets Growth

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.