Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,587 members, 7,823,550 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 11:35 AM

The Idoma, The People Of The South-south Are Biafrans - Culture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / The Idoma, The People Of The South-south Are Biafrans (1474 Views)

The Idoma Traditional Attires. / 5 Interesting Facts About The Idoma People Of Benue State / Six (6) Major Interesting Facts About The Idoma People Of Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Idoma, The People Of The South-south Are Biafrans by Nobody: 3:57pm On Nov 07, 2015
What!!!
The Idoma, The People Of The South-South Are Biafrans – Kanu

Kanu’s Biafra territory

According to Kanu, apart from the people from the South-East geo-political zone “the ideology of Biafra is the freedom, the emancipation of all the Biafran people, which means all the people bound genetically, culturally and by the same value system. In other words, I am talking about those who understand the history of the Biafra people. I am talking about the Idoma people, the Igbo people, the Efik, Ibibio, Anang, Ijaw, Itsekiri, the Urhobo and the Anioma people.

All these are Biafra families. If you go to a village or town, for instance, Oturpko, they have four market days – Eke, Orie, Afor and Nkwo. And when people say that these people are not Igbo people or that they are not related to Igbo people, it becomes a thing of wonder. How is it possible that people that have Eke, Orie, Afor and Nkwo as their market days are not related to Igbo people?

When you go to Akwa Ibom or Cross River State, what they call God is Obasi. That is what we call God, where we come from. The highest fraternity in Igbo land, where I come from in Abia State is Okonko. Okonko was derived from Ibibio and the Efik cultures. The same thing with Ekpe. When we want to dance Ekpe in my place, we go to Ibibio land to buy the kits for the Ekpe which is a masquerade dance.

So, we are all related. We are the same people genetically, in terms of our complexion, in terms of our attitude. I want you to go to any market in Warri, for instance. Stand back and take a picture of that market, then, go to any Igbo town or village, take a picture of the market and tell me if you can tell the difference. There is no difference.”
Re: The Idoma, The People Of The South-south Are Biafrans by acenazt: 4:15pm On Nov 07, 2015
Hahhahahahahah The Biafrans dont even know where the Idoma are. You see why i said you guys don't know what u r fighting for?? Who will call Idoma SS? Lemme correct you. The Idoma people are only indigenous to Benue state. And where is benue NORTH!!! So next time you want to steal get ur facts right

1 Like

Re: The Idoma, The People Of The South-south Are Biafrans by ogwucheveekee(f): 12:15pm On Dec 15, 2016
benue north. ko possible again? the idoma share so many things with the igbo. therefore I might be pushed to believe him. my name itself ogwuche *its a combination of an igbo/idoma name
Re: The Idoma, The People Of The South-south Are Biafrans by RedboneSmith(m): 12:18pm On Dec 15, 2016
Kanu is mad. His supporters are dolts.
Re: The Idoma, The People Of The South-south Are Biafrans by RedboneSmith(m): 12:22pm On Dec 15, 2016
ogwucheveekee:
benue north. ko possible again? the idoma share so many things with the igbo. therefore I might be pushed to believe him. my name itself ogwuche *its a combination of an igbo/idoma name

Ogwuche means king's blessing. Please, what is the Igbo there? undecided
Re: The Idoma, The People Of The South-south Are Biafrans by scholes0(m): 2:54pm On Dec 15, 2016
It looks like they have given up 70% hope on the Igalas, and are now moving onto the Idomas.... grin

(1) (Reply)

An Exposition On The Osu Caste System In Igboland: Omor As Case Study / The story of Moremi Ajasoro | Yoruba History / Please I Need The Lyrics Of Mandula By Ali Makaho.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.