Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,781 members, 7,813,577 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 02:22 PM

Breaking News..nerc Issues 126 Licences For 36,040MW - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Breaking News..nerc Issues 126 Licences For 36,040MW (1833 Views)

The 2017 Constituency Projects Allocation For 36 States / DPR Issues 21 Licences For New Refineries- The National Mirror / Buhari Approves 65 Licences For Private Refineries (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Breaking News..nerc Issues 126 Licences For 36,040MW by bettercreature(m): 6:37pm On Nov 07, 2015
A total of 126 power firms have received generation licences from the Nigerian Electricity Regulatory Commission to generate 36,040.12 megawatts of electricity for the country.

According to NERC, the power firms will generate on-grid, off-grid and embedded power based on the various licences given to them by the commission.

The NERC Commissioner for Legal, Licensing and Enforcement, Dr. Steven Andzenge, said this on Thursday at a ceremony where the commission issued an amended licence to the Akwa Ibom State Government, promoter of the Ibom Power Plant, for the plant to increase its generation capacity from 190MW to 685MW.

Andzenge said the commission had issued 126 licences with combined capacity for 35,314MW of on-grid, 428.12MW off-grid and 298MW embedded power generation.

He said, “Our scorecard for now shows that we issued about 126 licences since inception of NERC. NERC has been in existence for about 10 years now. Out of these licences, on-grid are 72; off-grid, 25; embedded, six; distribution 14; trading, one; transmission, one; and system operation, one

Of the promoters, in terms of on-grid, we have 22,216MW; off-grid, 428MW; embedded, 298MW; NIPP, 5,032MW; PHCN successor companies, about 7,283MW; and legacy IPP, 708MW. The total capacity for on-grid is 35,314MW, off-grid is 428.12MW, and embedded generation is 298MW.”

On the Ibom Power plant, NERC said the licence issued to the firm would allow it raise its power generation capacity from 190MW to 685MW.

The plant currently supplies 190MW to the national grid. The facility is a state government-owned gas-fired power plant that was licensed on May 12, 2008 to operate a 190MW plant. The company on December 19, 2014 submitted an application to amend its licence to 685MW. That application was approved on October 27, 2015.

Receiving the licence on behalf of the state and the company’s management, the Akwa Ibom State Governor, Mr. Emmanuel Udom, expressed satisfaction with the manner and speed with which the application to increase the generation capacity was treated by the commission.
http://businessnews.com.ng/2015/11/07/power-nerc-issues-126-licences-for-36040mw/
Re: Breaking News..nerc Issues 126 Licences For 36,040MW by ladyF(f): 6:38pm On Nov 07, 2015
This is great news, if India with a billion population can have stable power, why can't Buhari provide for just 160+ million. A day will come certainly, where Nigeria will be able to generate more than enough electricity for her people.

Yes We Can.

2 Likes

Re: Breaking News..nerc Issues 126 Licences For 36,040MW by tempest01(m): 6:39pm On Nov 07, 2015
Good news

This national grid thingy should be abolished...use the available resources in your locality and create your own electricity. States without electricity should but from generating States. Fg can give everybody allocations for power...States will take responsibility then.

East will use their coal, ss will use their gas, north will use hydro. States will want to maximise generation and sell to others.
Creating employment and all.

2 Likes

Re: Breaking News..nerc Issues 126 Licences For 36,040MW by PassingShot(m): 6:39pm On Nov 07, 2015
Great development.
Re: Breaking News..nerc Issues 126 Licences For 36,040MW by Kyase(m): 6:40pm On Nov 07, 2015
ladyF:
grin
Now baba is running, no more baba go slow
Re: Breaking News..nerc Issues 126 Licences For 36,040MW by hahn(m): 6:40pm On Nov 07, 2015
Nice.

One step at a time
Re: Breaking News..nerc Issues 126 Licences For 36,040MW by braine(m): 6:41pm On Nov 07, 2015
Nice. Nigeria will be better under Buhari, its just a matter of time. I am hopeful like never before. cool
Re: Breaking News..nerc Issues 126 Licences For 36,040MW by EdCure: 6:42pm On Nov 07, 2015
"Let There Be Light" is one Nigerian prayer whose answers have lingered for too long.

1 Like

Re: Breaking News..nerc Issues 126 Licences For 36,040MW by Mutuwa(m): 6:42pm On Nov 07, 2015
Jejely, we shall get there.

Successful people have two things on their lips, "smile and silence". Smile can solve problem while Silence can avoid problems.

Sugar and salt may be mixed together but ants reject the salt and carry away only the sugar. Select the right people in life and make your life better and sweeter.

If you fail to achieve your dreams, change your ways not your God. Remember, trees change their leaves and not their roots. You will never reach your destination if you stop and throw stones to every dog that barks.

Haters will see you walking on water and say its because you can't swim. Even if you dance on water, your enemies will accuse you of raising dust.

Make it your ambition to live a quiet life, to mind your own business and to work with your own hands.

Remember, don’t ever wrestle with a pig. You’ll both get dirty, but the pig will enjoy it.

~anonymous~

4 Likes

Re: Breaking News..nerc Issues 126 Licences For 36,040MW by politricks: 6:44pm On Nov 07, 2015
Good news
God bless buhari
God bless Nigeria

1 Like

Re: Breaking News..nerc Issues 126 Licences For 36,040MW by speedyGonzales: 6:47pm On Nov 07, 2015
great, we need more electricity desperately in Naija!
Re: Breaking News..nerc Issues 126 Licences For 36,040MW by braine(m): 6:47pm On Nov 07, 2015
tempest01:
Good news

This national grid thingy should be abolished...use the available resources in your locality and berate your own electricity. States without electricity should but from generating States. Fg can give everybody allocations for power...States will take responsibility then.

East will use their coal, ss will use their gas, north will use hydro. States will want to maximise generation and sell to others.

I think supplying to the national grid is most efficient. The companies operating the plants are in for profit which I think can be achieved better on the grid.
Re: Breaking News..nerc Issues 126 Licences For 36,040MW by sammyj: 6:50pm On Nov 07, 2015
Good while some haters will say PMB's government is not working! !!
Re: Breaking News..nerc Issues 126 Licences For 36,040MW by Nobody: 6:57pm On Nov 07, 2015
Good development
Re: Breaking News..nerc Issues 126 Licences For 36,040MW by ETHIX(m): 7:01pm On Nov 07, 2015
Good quote there
Re: Breaking News..nerc Issues 126 Licences For 36,040MW by codedguy1(m): 7:35pm On Nov 07, 2015
tempest01:
Good news

This national grid thingy should be abolished...use the available resources in your locality and create your own electricity. States without electricity should but from generating States. Fg can give everybody allocations for power...States will take responsibility then.

If we practice true federalism/regionalism where every region relies on its strength and comparative advantage without corrupt leaders, we will get out of this dire situation we find ourselves sooner rather than later.

1 Like

Re: Breaking News..nerc Issues 126 Licences For 36,040MW by baralatie(m): 7:43pm On Nov 07, 2015
so technically there is 12000Mw but the line is built for 5000mw hmmmm! still work to be done!
Re: Breaking News..nerc Issues 126 Licences For 36,040MW by malton: 7:47pm On Nov 07, 2015
cool
Re: Breaking News..nerc Issues 126 Licences For 36,040MW by Idrismusty97(m): 7:49pm On Nov 07, 2015
Mutuwa:
Jejely, we shall get there.

Successful people have two things on their lips, "smile and silence". Smile can solve problem while Silence can avoid problems.

Sugar and salt may be mixed together but ants reject the salt and carry away only the sugar. Select the right people in life and make your life better and sweeter.

If you fail to achieve your dreams, change your ways not your God. Remember, trees change their leaves and not their roots. You will never reach your destination if you stop and throw stones to every dog that barks.

Haters will see you walking on water and say its because you can't swim. Even if you dance on water, your enemies will accuse you of raising dust.

Make it your ambition to live a quiet life, to mind your own business and to work with your own hands.

Remember, don’t ever wrestle with a pig. You’ll both get dirty, but the pig will enjoy it.

~anonymous~
Ha! E don do na! cheesy
Re: Breaking News..nerc Issues 126 Licences For 36,040MW by omostar: 7:50pm On Nov 07, 2015
Good news.
Re: Breaking News..nerc Issues 126 Licences For 36,040MW by Brightology2(m): 7:52pm On Nov 07, 2015
K
Re: Breaking News..nerc Issues 126 Licences For 36,040MW by kennyman2000(m): 8:03pm On Nov 07, 2015
Okay! We're watching!!
Re: Breaking News..nerc Issues 126 Licences For 36,040MW by drss(m): 8:04pm On Nov 07, 2015
sammyj:
Good while some haters will say PMB's government is not working! !!
d dulllaard is not working. All dis is due to GEJ's superp work in unbundling PHCN into power generating companies n power distribution companies to attract $100 billion investment in d power sector. Thank GEJ not buari.

1 Like

Re: Breaking News..nerc Issues 126 Licences For 36,040MW by 7lives: 9:06pm On Nov 07, 2015
drss:
d dulllaard is not working. All dis is due to GEJ's superp work in unbundling PHCN into power generating companies n power distribution companies to attract $100 billion investment in d power sector. Thank GEJ not buari.

SAAAAAAAAIIIIIIIIIIIIII BABA.
If jona had given me light, i wouldn't have spent close to 200k on my generators maintenance last year and its being like this since i can remember, wait o this na campaign after election, medicine after death.
Nepa took my light some minutes ago now the light is back grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin na me dey enjoy this change pass and no amount of wailing and gnashing of teeth can erase what i'm currently enjoying, so get used to SAI BABA OR DIE HATING.

1 Like

Re: Breaking News..nerc Issues 126 Licences For 36,040MW by drss(m): 9:18pm On Nov 07, 2015
7lives:

SAAAAAAAAIIIIIIIIIIIIII BABA.
If jona had given me light, i wouldn't have spent close to 200k on my generators maintenance last year and its being like this since i can remember, wait o this na campaign after election, medicine after death.
Nepa took my light some minutes ago now the light is back grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin na me dey enjoy this change pass and no amount of wailing and gnashing of teeth can erase what i'm currently enjoying, so get used to SAI BABA OR DIE HATING.
wether una like am, whether una no like am, GEJ is d father of electricity revolution in d zoo.
Re: Breaking News..nerc Issues 126 Licences For 36,040MW by sammyj: 9:19pm On Nov 07, 2015
Ok oooooo. . . grin grin
drss:
Re: Breaking News..nerc Issues 126 Licences For 36,040MW by fabuloz1(m): 9:59pm On Nov 07, 2015
That is one thing with nigerians,they only like hearing statements and not action....we've heard so many campaign promises in the past. where are they? Now,another illusional statement and they are happy....Nigerians are sad,they only look for statements to make nigerians come back to life grin
Re: Breaking News..nerc Issues 126 Licences For 36,040MW by Nobody: 5:54am On Nov 08, 2015
I need ACTION movies not Romance.

(1) (Reply)

Cars Swallowed As Massive Flood Hits Nomansland Region In Kano State. Photos / Edo Poll: Apc’s Obaseki Inches Towards Victory / Opposition To Present Wike And Fayose On 2019 Presidential Ticket

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.