Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,754 members, 7,827,783 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 05:00 PM

Why We Igbos Must Remain Nigerians And Not Biafrans.. - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why We Igbos Must Remain Nigerians And Not Biafrans.. (2686 Views)

Ijaws Are Not Biafrans - Ijaw Youth Council Worldwide / We Are Not Biafrans, Akwa Ibom Group Says / "We Are Urhobos And Nigerians, Not Biafrans" - Senator Omo-agege (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why We Igbos Must Remain Nigerians And Not Biafrans.. by dialfa: 12:52pm On Nov 08, 2015
sydneyobioha:
Why we Ndigbo must remain Nigerians and not Biafrans..

My Mum (former gov't sec. School vice- principal) joined Imo state civil service in 1979 and was posted to serve as a teacher in Aba, then Abia state was still part of Imo state, later Abia state was created from Imo state in 1991.. Do u knw after 32years in civil
service with grade level 16, my mother alongside her non-Abia colleagues (2000+) were dis-engaged on d 1st Oct 2010 by Abia state govt led by Gov T. A. Orji (now Senator T.A. Orji) on the grounds that they are non-indegenes. Since October 2010 till date my mother had not received a kobo as her salary,pension, or gratuity after committing 33years of hardwork and labour as a teacher... My question now is
"How do u guys think we can be better with the actualization of Biafra??"

I hereby urge all my Igbo brothers and sisters to remain law abiding citizens of Nigeria and respect all d relevant authorities, it is not yet to time for Nigeria's dis-intergration.. We are Nigerians a country blessed with diverse
cultures, traditions and languages..

#We must remain Nigerians, my people are not yet matured to have their own country#

So you want to blame Biafra for what happened to your mom in the Zoo?

1 Like

Re: Why We Igbos Must Remain Nigerians And Not Biafrans.. by highpriest4: 12:54pm On Nov 08, 2015
sydneyobioha:

My Mum (former gov't sec. School vice- principal) joined Imo state civil service in 1979 and was posted to serve as a teacher in Aba, then Abia state was still part of Imo state, later Abia state was created from Imo state in 1991.. Do u knw after 32years in civil
service with grade level 16, my mother alongside her non-Abia colleagues (2000+) were dis-engaged on d 1st Oct 2010 by Abia state govt led by Gov T. A. Orji (now Senator T.A. Orji) on the grounds that they are non-indegenes. Since October 2010 till date my mother had not received a kobo as her salary,pension, or gratuity after committing 33years of hardwork and labour as a teacher... My question now is

I hereby urge all my Igbo brothers and sisters to remain law abiding citizens of Nigeria and respect all d relevant authorities, it is not yet to time for Nigeria's dis-intergration.. We are Nigerians a country blessed with diverse

#We must remain Nigerians, my people are not yet matured to have their own country#
"na crazy talk be this"
NO BE ME TALk aM
Re: Why We Igbos Must Remain Nigerians And Not Biafrans.. by Nobody: 4:27pm On Nov 08, 2015
Image123:

But you threaten war, mayhem, burning down buildings and embassies. You threaten Nigeria's peace and unity. How can such be right?

IF Nigeria decides to forcefully hold us back.
Re: Why We Igbos Must Remain Nigerians And Not Biafrans.. by Scholes007(m): 5:55pm On Nov 08, 2015
sydneyobioha:
ntergration.. We are Nigerians a country blessed with diverse

LIEs FROM PIT OF HELL
Though i am/was not happy with what that midget t.a.orji did...but playing emotional propaganda filled with lies about the event is not acceptable. All the workers that couldn't be absorbed by their respective states were
reinstated by the abia state govt.
Re: Why We Igbos Must Remain Nigerians And Not Biafrans.. by Image123(m): 6:15pm On Nov 08, 2015
FREEDOM4BIAFRA:

IF Nigeria decides to forcefully hold us back.

Well that's wrong and ungodly. I don't think Nigeria wants to force anybody to be its citizens, but it's not cool to threaten a nation's peace, unity, lands and resources. Everybody knows the land and resources belonging to Nigeria on the map. It's wrong for any group to try force them off it, or create chaos.
Re: Why We Igbos Must Remain Nigerians And Not Biafrans.. by Yomboy4ever(m): 6:29pm On Nov 08, 2015
sydneyobioha:

then who are Biafrans??

Noise makers my bro simple answer
Re: Why We Igbos Must Remain Nigerians And Not Biafrans.. by simplycarro: 6:41pm On Nov 08, 2015
laudate:

Show us the exact part of his post, which states clearly that he is Yoruba. And tell us if it is a lie that Orji did not send non-Abians of Igbo origin packing from the Abia State Civil Service when he was governor. undecided
The Biafrans are pathetic bunch of illiterates. Once you say anything that irritates their eardrums, you are Yorubas. Their enmity for Yorubas is second to none.

2 Likes

Re: Why We Igbos Must Remain Nigerians And Not Biafrans.. by Nobody: 6:42pm On Nov 08, 2015
Image123:

Well that's wrong and ungodly. I don't think Nigeria wants to force anybody to be its citizens, but it's not cool to threaten a nation's peace, unity, lands and resources. Everybody knows the land and resources belonging to Nigeria on the map. It's wrong for any group to try force them off it, or create chaos.

The Constitution is flawed brother, my lands cannot belong to Nigeria!
If the president is wise, he would listen to his people and adopt the NC report, he would be just and not talk about giving some others 5%.
He would have a conversation with Nnamdi kanu, and not arrest him without charge.

Do you see these things bro? Or you only see what we do without looking at the cause?
Re: Why We Igbos Must Remain Nigerians And Not Biafrans.. by Image123(m): 7:17pm On Nov 08, 2015
FREEDOM4BIAFRA:

The Constitution is flawed brother, my lands cannot belong to Nigeria!
If the president is wise, he would listen to his people and adopt the NC report, he would be just and not talk about giving some others 5%.
He would have a conversation with Nnamdi kanu, and not arrest him without charge.

Do you see these things bro? Or you only see what we do without looking at the cause?

Your lands how? The Nigerian map is not mysterious or hidden, the world knows Nigeria's map and boundaries. Anybody cannot just rise up and claim "my lands". That's a precursor to chaos and disorder. You think you are right and Nigeria is wrong, Nigeria thinks it is right and you are wrong. What you need to do is take your case to a higher authority to determine who's right, instead of threatening and taking laws into your hands. Liberty comes with a price, and power comes with responsibility. I'd rather not preempt the President or anybody as I'm not omniscient to know the future definitely. Why not patiently wait for actions before conclusion and judgement. Actions still speak louder than words.

1 Like

Re: Why We Igbos Must Remain Nigerians And Not Biafrans.. by Nobody: 7:33pm On Nov 08, 2015
Image123:

Your lands how? The Nigerian map is not mysterious or hidden, the world knows Nigeria's map and boundaries. Anybody cannot just rise up and claim "my lands". That's a precursor to chaos and disorder. You think you are right and Nigeria is wrong, Nigeria thinks it is right and you are wrong. What you need to do is take your case to a higher authority to determine who's right, instead of threatening and taking laws into your hands. Liberty comes with a price, and power comes with responsibility. I'd rather not preempt the President or anybody as I'm not omniscient to know the future definitely. Why not patiently wait for actions before conclusion and judgement. Actions still speak louder than words.
Do you know how long massob has been doing that?
Only a fool will do the same thing the same way and expect a different result.
Our lands have been our lands before amalgamation, Nigerian leaders should call for a referendum, you still have not addressed their first offensive, the massob members they've murdered, arresting of kanu, and murder of IPOB YOUTHS.
Do we need permission to seek for self determination?
We are ready to pay the price of liberty, I have always sought to take my kids out of Nigeria, but why run when I can fight for Biafra which has a promising future for them?
Re: Why We Igbos Must Remain Nigerians And Not Biafrans.. by Image123(m): 12:10am On Nov 09, 2015
FREEDOM4BIAFRA:

Do you know how long massob has been doing that?
Only a fool will do the same thing the same way and expect a different result.
Our lands have been our lands before amalgamation, Nigerian leaders should call for a referendum, you still have not addressed their first offensive, the massob members they've murdered, arresting of kanu, and murder of IPOB YOUTHS.
Do we need permission to seek for self determination?
We are ready to pay the price of liberty, I have always sought to take my kids out of Nigeria, but why run when I can fight for Biafra which has a promising future for them?

Taking laws into your hands is inexcusable. Nigerian government, both state and federal reserve the right to all land within their territory. The police have denied being in custody of kanu and so his arrest remains allegation. However, two wrongs don't make a right. Nigeria unlawfully doing anything is no cue for you to be unlawful too. War is not what you think it is. There's no promising future in war, it's deaths, suffering and pain.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why We Igbos Must Remain Nigerians And Not Biafrans.. by Nobody: 12:32am On Nov 09, 2015
Image123:

Taking laws into your hands is inexcusable. Nigerian government, both state and federal reserve the right to all land within their territory. The police have denied being in custody of kanu and so his arrest remains allegation. However, two wrongs don't make a right. Nigeria unlawfully doing anything is no cue for you to be unlawful too. War is not what you think it is. There's no promising future in war, it's deaths, suffering and pain.

The govt doesn't have the monopoly to do us wrong.
War is death, but have we lived at all?
That much persons cannot be wrong, violence is a Nigerian language, I don't like the recent turn of events, but if Nnamdi kanu gets released, the people will feel a sense of achievement and pride, and the protests will stop.
Re: Why We Igbos Must Remain Nigerians And Not Biafrans.. by Nobody: 12:44am On Nov 09, 2015
simplycarro:

The Biafrans are pathetic bunch of illiterates. Once you say anything that irritates their eardrums, you are Yorubas. Their enmity for Yorubas is second to none.

Frustrated Edo cretin, just FYI, IPOB matter is still causing terrible nightmares, heartaches and madness to enemies and naysayers like you...
Re: Why We Igbos Must Remain Nigerians And Not Biafrans.. by laudate: 10:01pm On Nov 09, 2015
FREEDOM4BIAFRA:
The govt doesn't have the monopoly to do us wrong.
War is death, but have we lived at all?
That much persons cannot be wrong, violence is a Nigerian language, I don't like the recent turn of events, but if Nnamdi kanu gets released, the people will feel a sense of achievement and pride, and the protests will stop.

So you prefer death to life? War doesn't solve anything, you know. It only leaves sorrow, tears and blood in its wake.

What sense of achievement & pride will people feel if Kanu is released?? Are they dependent on him for their livelihood?
Re: Why We Igbos Must Remain Nigerians And Not Biafrans.. by cocoduck: 10:52pm On Nov 09, 2015
laudate:

So you prefer death to life? War doesn't solve anything, you know. It only leaves sorrow, tears and blood in its wake.

What sense of achievement & pride will people feel if Kanu is released?? Are they dependent on him for their livelihood?
please go to hell with your one Nigeria, Is this life? Give us TRUE federalism you people refuse, we must be free from you parasites, Am I proud of The zoo? Nit at all.
Re: Why We Igbos Must Remain Nigerians And Not Biafrans.. by laudate: 11:08pm On Nov 09, 2015
cocoduck:
please go to hell with your one Nigeria, Is this life? Give us TRUE federalism you people refuse, we must be free from you parasites, Am I proud of The zoo? Nit at all.

Who are the parasites on Igbo land?? Why do you like talking without thinking? shocked A dead man cannot enjoy life. He will not even see the so-called Biafra if it eventually materialises. So your empty rhetoric about wishing for death shows how shallow your thinking is.

With or without clamouring for Biafra, a lot of Igbo people have made a success of their lives in this same Nigeria over the years. Instead of learning from them on how they did it, some drop outs actually want to preach war and death because they are too lazy to make a success of themselves, within this entity called Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: Why We Igbos Must Remain Nigerians And Not Biafrans.. by Nobody: 12:00am On Nov 10, 2015
sydneyobioha:

Why didn't u try to address the reasons why people are clamouring for biafra

(1) (2) (Reply)

People Always Tell Me That Nnamdi Kanu Looks Like Me. / Rotimi Amaechi And Wife In New Lovely Photo / Niger Delta Avengers Leader Threatens To Destroy Buhari Soonest!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.