Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,208 members, 7,811,566 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 02:42 PM

New Method Of ATM Stands Robbery Devised In Lagos - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / New Method Of ATM Stands Robbery Devised In Lagos (1196 Views)

Customs Discovers New Method Of Smuggling Foreign Rice (Photos) / Cook Who Specializes In Forex Scam And Cloning Of ATM Cards Arrested (Photo) / Beware Of Atm Fraudsters!!! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

New Method Of ATM Stands Robbery Devised In Lagos by Nobody: 10:45pm On Nov 07, 2015
Armed robbery has taken a new dimension in Nigeria especially Lagos given the abundant ATMs in Lagos, Armed robbers now visit ATMs on Friday evenings so as to forcefully collect the ATM cards and PIN codes of customers.
They approach you with a smile while you are attempting to make a transaction, display their guns and also point to their colleagues around in case you attempt to play smart by refusing or screaming.
They then collect your ATM cards and ask for your PIN codes. They confirm the PIN there to know if it’s fake.
Their intention is to withdraw at least the Bank ATM withdrawal limit of #100,000 daily between that Friday, Saturday and Sunday.
They do this criminal act on Friday evenings when they know Banks had closed for the day and are on weekend break.
They know majority of Nigerians don’t have the phone numbers of their Account Officers or any staff in their bank and as such can’t place a call to have their ATM card blocked by the bank until 7am Monday morning when banks resume.
What you can do
*.Withdrawal via ATMs should be done at most Friday afternoon when banks are still open.
*.Avoid withdrawing on weekends especially on lonely and relatively less secure environments.
*.Please be careful and be wise.
Remember, when gun speaks, humans stop speaking. You may withdraw on weekends when and only if you have very little cash in your account.
http://starttells.com/2015/11/07/new-method-of-atm-stands-robbery-devised-in-lagos-nigeria/

1 Like 1 Share

Re: New Method Of ATM Stands Robbery Devised In Lagos by ReabridCharles(m): 10:47pm On Nov 07, 2015
I don't stay in Lagos. Those in Lagos beware to avoid stories that touch
Re: New Method Of ATM Stands Robbery Devised In Lagos by Zeedarh(f): 10:56pm On Nov 07, 2015
Thanks for the info op. If you're not staying in lag, take note too. Theives are like MTN. They are everywhere you go smiley
Re: New Method Of ATM Stands Robbery Devised In Lagos by Nobody: 10:57pm On Nov 07, 2015
May God protect is from them! all these wouldn't be happening if buhari would just give us the damn 5k he promised!! angry trueee
Re: New Method Of ATM Stands Robbery Devised In Lagos by KAPOVee: 11:00pm On Nov 07, 2015
EroticAngelina:
May God protect is from them! all these wouldn't be happening if buhari would just give us the damn 5k he promised!! angry trueee
Stop this.
Re: New Method Of ATM Stands Robbery Devised In Lagos by tellwisdom: 11:03pm On Nov 07, 2015
Zeedarh:
Thanks for the info op. If you're not staying in lag, take note too. Theives are like MTN. They are everywhere you go smiley

Not like you have money in your account undecided
Re: New Method Of ATM Stands Robbery Devised In Lagos by Zeedarh(f): 11:06pm On Nov 07, 2015
tellwisdom:

Not like you have money in your account undecided
shoroniyen do i have to tender bank statements before i comment undecided

1 Like

Re: New Method Of ATM Stands Robbery Devised In Lagos by ArchEnemy(m): 11:12pm On Nov 07, 2015
EroticAngelina:
you think that will be enough to stop them?
Re: New Method Of ATM Stands Robbery Devised In Lagos by MinorityTribe: 11:52pm On Nov 07, 2015
EroticAngelina:
Lol you look too to pretty for 5k.
Re: New Method Of ATM Stands Robbery Devised In Lagos by Nobody: 6:48am On Nov 08, 2015
KAPOVee:
Stop this.
stop what abeg free me jaree angry
Re: New Method Of ATM Stands Robbery Devised In Lagos by Nobody: 6:50am On Nov 08, 2015
ArchEnemy:
you think that will be enough to stop them?

I dnt care. I just want my 5k undecided

1 Like

Re: New Method Of ATM Stands Robbery Devised In Lagos by david290(m): 9:05pm On Nov 08, 2015
Great info you got up there@Bossforeva. Let's continue to expose this unscrupulous elements. Meanwhile I got a platform for this. Check my signature. Thanks
Re: New Method Of ATM Stands Robbery Devised In Lagos by DVMtuppence(m): 9:10pm On Nov 08, 2015
Fp material
Re: New Method Of ATM Stands Robbery Devised In Lagos by Nobody: 1:04pm On Nov 10, 2015
DVMtuppence:
Fp material
seun has sworn with the mods not to ever put my topics on frontpage. They keep giving Vivian Gist that i have seen about four account in her name accolades defying the so called rule. They now put her logo to some pics on Fp.
Re: New Method Of ATM Stands Robbery Devised In Lagos by Lucasbalo(m): 2:41pm On Nov 10, 2015
EroticAngelina:

I dnt care. I just want my 5k undecided
Don't worry about 5.000 Naira, that's peanut. I will give you $5.000 , just pm me.lol.

(1) (Reply)

Court Summons Tompolo To Appear In Court On Thursday To Face Criminal Charges / Okonkwo Chukwudi Samuel A Notorious Armed Robber Escape Police Net (PHOTOS) / CULTISM, Is It Really Worth It? (photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.