Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,746 members, 7,862,441 topics. Date: Sunday, 16 June 2024 at 04:49 PM

. - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / . (4544 Views)

Catholic Church Cautions El-Rufai Over Religious Bill / Man Who Donated His Hotel Building To Catholic Church, Turns Keke Napep Driver / Catholic Church Collapses In Enugu, Five Dead (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: . by Empredboy(m): 12:26pm On Nov 08, 2015
ByfireByfire:

You should bury your head in shame knowing that you belong to that Idolatrous fold.

You yet even have gots to ask people questions regarding religion.
ByfireByfire:

You should bury your head in shame knowing that you belong to that Idolatrous fold.

You yet even have gots to ask people questions regarding religion.
Haha have I said anything bad? See Jesus told people stories of life and the people asked to be close to him. Yes he allowed. John the Baptist after hearing about Jesus sent his disciples to Jesus and ask him if he is the messiah. My bro Christ was not ashamed to tell them neither did he insult them. Since you are a Christ like 'christain' and we want to know where you God dwells yet you are here hiding your God and condemning other people's God. Too bad. Again I am proud to tell you that my God is in the Catholic faith. I beg tell me where your God is?
Re: . by Nobody: 1:19pm On Nov 08, 2015
ByfireByfire:

Ubenedictus, JustTara, Kamxin, fake PastorAIO please come and defend your idols.
Lmao. Idols? Say whatever you want but I'd always keep an open mind on most things, especially sensitive topics that have to do with other people. I'm in no position to judge or condemn. A point to note is the fact that every church has that one practice that the public will always condemn. Being religious or the lack of it is a personal thing. You guys keep slaughtering each other and keep giving atheists reasons to resent your religion all the more. This is just an opinion though.
Re: . by Ubenedictus(m): 2:11pm On Nov 08, 2015
Avoidhellfire:
More body parts worshiped by Catholics
only protestants who seems ignorant of what Christianity is all about make these emotional claims.

Christianity as a religion began in d burial grounds, some women went to pay respect to a dead jew as was d jewish custom (by anionting his corpse) and found the corpse was nowhere to be found! That is how christianity began. When the authorities clamped down on d early xtians they all ran back into d burial grounds (read up on the catacombs), cities where homes could accommodate worshippers used homes while others used catacombs, when (a) christian(s) is killed his bones are gathered together and buried in d very place of worship, infact d altar in d place of worship were d graves of matyrs (it is funny that protestanism began after dat period nd now protestants claim to know every ancient xtian practice because they were given a book which doesnt even cover half of the early xtian practices). On d aniversary of d matyrs death they gather together around d grave of d matyr and ask for prayers.

The early xtians believe dat when they worship heaven and earth came together to give God adoration, d remains of d dead were consider holy as they were d temples of d holyspirit (d u know d bones of a prophet worked a miracle in d bible?), d early xtians had no problems with images and d relics of matyrs. When xtianity was granted freedom d early xtians brought some of d relics into d new edifice and still buried their matyrs in their churches (moving d remains of great men is biblical). St peters basilica is built upon d remains of d apostle Peter.

So yes, it is very posible to met d remains of a matyr in a catholic church infact, catholics are proud to have them like d earlx xtians were but it has nothing to do with paganism or occultism, anybody who know abt early xtianity will know d practice is distinctly Christian.

Correction not only catholics have them, all ancient churches have them, d orthodox church have dem, d oriental church too and some anglican churches. It is a xtian practice

3 Likes

Re: . by ikorodureporta: 2:20pm On Nov 08, 2015
I de look...
Re: . by btoks: 2:51pm On Nov 08, 2015
Certainly very ignorant of early christian practices.
Please see verses below for indication of relic use in the scriptures.
Elijah's mantle (2 Kings 2:9-14)
Elisha's bones (2 Kings 13:20-21)
Paul's clothes (Acts 19:11-12)
Re: . by ByfireByfire: 4:51pm On Nov 08, 2015
Re: . by ByfireByfire: 4:56pm On Nov 08, 2015
Empredboy:
Haha have I said anything bad? See Jesus told people stories of life and the people asked to be close to him. Yes he allowed. John the Baptist after hearing about Jesus sent his disciples to Jesus and ask him if he is the messiah. My bro Christ was not ashamed to tell them neither did he insult them. Since you are a Christ like 'christain' and we want to know where you God dwells yet you are here hiding your God and condemning other people's God. Too bad. Again I am proud to tell you that my God is in the Catholic faith. I beg tell me where your God is?

If you are proud to identify with Idolatory, you have no right to ask anyone any question bothering the Christian Religion.

In fact you have no right to discuss Christianity.

However you are so free to relate with Idol worshippers.

Enjoy your idol worship delusion.
Re: . by ByfireByfire: 4:57pm On Nov 08, 2015
JustTara:
Lmao. Idols? Say whatever you want but I'd always keep an open mind on most things, especially sensitive topics that have to do with other people. I'm in no position to judge or condemn. A point to note is the fact that every church has that one practice that the public will always condemn. Being religious or the lack of it is a personal thing. You guys keep slaughtering each other and keep giving atheists reasons to resent your religion all the more. This is just an opinion though.

By so saying I hope you are not stylishly trying to withdraw from your fold and your idols.

On the other hand I hope you are. For your own good, if pride will let you.
Re: . by Empredboy(m): 5:24pm On Nov 08, 2015
ByfireByfire:

If you are proud to identify with Idolatory, you have no right to ask anyone any question bothering the Christian Religion.

In fact you have no right to discuss Christianity.

However you are so free to relate with Idol worshippers.

Enjoy your idol worship delusion.
are u afraid to show the world your God?
Re: . by ByfireByfire: 5:34pm On Nov 08, 2015
Empredboy:
are u afraid to show the world your God?

Are you afraid to obey the living God and reject idols?

1 Like

Re: . by Nobody: 5:45pm On Nov 08, 2015
ByfireByfire:

By so saying I hope you are not stylishly trying to withdraw from your fold and your idols.

On the other hand I hope you are. For your own good, if pride will let you.
Pride? oh honey, this has nothing to do with pride. Remember the topic of my post? it clearly shows I attend a Pentecostal church. My point, I respect them. And I won't be so quick to condemn their practices because I don't understand their history nor do I know their reasons. I'll give them the benefit of doubt. I love humanity as a whole, I appreciate and value people no matter how different they are. Perspectives and beliefs will always clash, so I try as much as possible not to claim that I'm always right. Lastly, I'm an atheist.
Re: . by delishpot: 5:57pm On Nov 08, 2015
QueenEdna:
I know some die hard Catholics like the ones above me willl still not believe, isnt it obvious this is a fetish practice ? The worse is they dont read their bible, all they do is follow whatevery the Pope says hook line sinker, i mean how sheepish can some1 be ? undecided where in the bible did CHRIST observe this rituals ? aΩ̴̩̩̩̥d̶̲̥̅̊ the worse is this so called mary they keep praying too, brainwashing of the highest order. I pray GOD delivers you people from bondage of ignorance oo aΩ̴̩̩̩̥d̶̲̥̅̊ me too. Pls Catholics pick up your bibles if you claim to be CHRISTIANS.

Dont mibd them, if these were white garment church or some shrine with human parts worshiped now they will be first to say it is occultic
Re: . by Empredboy(m): 7:37pm On Nov 08, 2015
ByfireByfire:

Are you afraid to obey the living God and reject idols?
OK I plz invite me to your God
Re: . by ByfireByfire: 11:53pm On Nov 08, 2015
Empredboy:
OK I plz invite me to your God

Renounce and denounce the Roman Catholic Church and its Idolatory and repent, confess yours sins with resolve never to go back to them, recieve and accept Christ as your personal Lord and Saviour.

Live a life totally given to righteousness and obeying God according to his words in the Bible and not according to Catholic Church traditions.
Re: . by ByfireByfire: 11:58pm On Nov 08, 2015
JustTara:
Pride? oh honey, this has nothing to do with pride. Remember the topic of my post? it clearly shows I attend a Pentecostal church. My point, I respect them. And I won't be so quick to condemn their practices because I don't understand their history nor do I know their reasons. I'll give them the benefit of doubt. I love humanity as a whole, I appreciate and value people no matter how different they are. Perspectives and beliefs will always clash, so I try as much as possible not to claim that I'm always right. Lastly, I'm an atheist.

How does a person claim to attend a Pentecostal church and suddenly Catholic is better and just when Catholic is exposed you are an atheist.

To be frank you don't know where you belong.

1 Like

Re: . by Nobody: 5:45am On Nov 09, 2015
ByfireByfire:

How does a person claim to attend a Pentecostal church and suddenly Catholic is better and just when Catholic is exposed you are an atheist.

To be frank you don't know where you belong.
I think you're getting yourself mixed up. Yes, I attend a Pentecostal Church, I do that whenever I'm in town as far as I'm under the roof of my parents. I never said the Catholics were better (I stand corrected, you may prove me wrong which I doubt sincerely ), I admire them, notice I didn't make mention of the preaching in my post. You guys claimed they worship statues and my defense was you guys should be more accommodating. I don't understand any of those stuffs, history and all. So I'm in no position to judge or condemn, only to try to understand. And I'm an atheist. I've always been. I still won't condemn any practice, it's not in our power to do so when we are all just an army of imperfect people. If Christianity is convincing enough to win me over, then cool. I still read the Bible and ask questions. So far, I'm not impressed. Not even in a mile's stretch, certainly not with the attitudes of churches towards each other.
Re: . by Empredboy(m): 7:12am On Nov 09, 2015
ByfireByfire:

Renounce and denounce the Roman Catholic Church and its Idolatory and repent, confess yours sins with resolve never to go back to them, recieve and accept Christ as your personal Lord and Saviour.

Live a life totally given to righteousness and obeying God according to his words in the Bible and not according to Catholic Church traditions.
I think I will stop chatting with you since you can't introduce your church to me. Afterall Saul who became Paul was introduced to the apostles so as for him to know Christ more. Why can't you? Are u afraid?
Re: . by jaegermesiter: 11:57am On Nov 09, 2015
This is the biggest lie I have heard, and goes to show u knw NOTHING abt Catholic christianity

Jeromejnr:

Do you know that in the U.S, Catholic Religion is considered different from that of Christianity? They see them as two different religions.

May God shine the light on you Catholics. The earlier you start to study the Bible for yourself with the help of the Holy Spirit, the better.

Eternity does not end. Who will you blame on that day?

1 Like

Re: . by jaegermesiter: 12:18pm On Nov 09, 2015
So what abt aokpe apparition in benue state or the famous lourdes and fatima apparitions?? But if ur pastor say jesus apppear to am,u go believe,nw a divine being appeared to all and preach d gospel and call for repentance...u doubt....at the transfiguratio,,the patriarch of d jews,moses and elijah had to appear to confirm d divine ministry of jesus
Re: . by Jeromejnr(m): 12:41pm On Nov 09, 2015
jaegermesiter:
This is the biggest lie I have heard, and goes to show u knw NOTHING abt Catholic christianity

For you to say it is a lie, that means you must have proof that it is a lie.

If you don't have proof, then don't bother quoting me.
Re: . by Nobody: 1:29pm On Nov 09, 2015
whirlwind7:
grin grin grin grin grin
I can't help but go up in stitches from your write up.
I spilled coffee on myself. What a great way to begin this Sunday!
Did you happen to be one of them kids/altar boyz who got one shoved into the butthole by one of them randy reverends?
It still feels sore down there, doesn't it? What a way to vent your feelings. shocked

I don't care one way or the other about the catholic faith. I am just curious about the projected image part.
Now, how did people who went to touch a projected image, didn't interrupt the projection when they walked across it's path?
I just want to be convinced you are not being vengeful.

Now I need to go get a refill for my coffee.
Have a splendid Sunday!

You automatically become projected yourself the moment you 'enter the place' in 2Face's voice.

So projection cannot distort projection.
Re: . by Nobody: 1:36pm On Nov 09, 2015
ByfireByfire:

Ubenedictus, JustTara, Kamxin, fake PastorAIO please come and defend your idols.

These catholic idols and relics abound in my home and I cherish them... and I don't have to defend whatever I do or don't to you, are you God? or an Idol?
Re: . by ByfireByfire: 3:57pm On Nov 09, 2015
dmandy:

These catholic idols and relics abound in my home and I cherish them... and I don't have to defend whatever I do or don't to you, are you God? or an Idol?

I'd rather not exchange words with an idol worshiper.
Re: . by Nobody: 8:23pm On Nov 09, 2015
ByfireByfire:

I'd rather not exchange words with an idol worshiper.
Better
Re: . by AngryNigerian(m): 4:26pm On Nov 14, 2015
QueenEdna:
I know some die hard Catholics like the ones above me willl still not believe, isnt it obvious this is a fetish practice ? The worse is they dont read their bible, all they do is follow whatevery the Pope says hook line sinker, i mean how sheepish can some1 be ? undecided where in the bible did CHRIST observe this rituals ? aΩ̴̩̩̩̥d̶̲̥̅̊ the worse is this so called mary they keep praying too, brainwashing of the highest order. I pray GOD delivers you people from bondage of ignorance oo aΩ̴̩̩̩̥d̶̲̥̅̊ me too. Pls Catholics pick up your bibles if you claim to be CHRISTIANS.

Christians...fighting others since 2AD

(1) (2) (Reply)

Astrology And Psychic Reading / Life From Life? / *~ Davidylan Voted The Religion Section Poster Of The Year *~ Congrats!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.