Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,222 members, 7,815,276 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 10:04 AM

I Can Be A Second Wife - Says Nollywood Identical Twins Chidiebere - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / I Can Be A Second Wife - Says Nollywood Identical Twins Chidiebere (2216 Views)

Nollywood Identical Twins, Tracy And Treasure Share Swimsuit Photo / Biafra: Caz Chidiebere Slams Nnamdi Kanu / Nollywood Identical Twins (aneke Twins) Shares Another Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Can Be A Second Wife - Says Nollywood Identical Twins Chidiebere by marked10(m): 7:38am On Nov 08, 2015
Ever since they made their Nollywood debut in 2007 in Broken Ambition, the identical twins, Chidimma and Chidiebere Aneke aka Aneke Twins, have continued to grow from strength to strength. Like all twins, the Anekes are inseparable. Whenever you see one, you also see the other. But now, it seems marriage will eventu­ally separate them, as they disagree on their choice of man.

In this chat with an entertain­er during the 12th edition of Abuja International Film festival (AIFF), held recently at the Federal Capital Terri­tory, the twins who premiered their latest movie, "Back To The Basics" at the event, opened up on career, polygamy, and les­sons their late dad taught them.

Questions & Answers

You girls have come a long way, has it always been your dream to be actresses?

Chidiebere: Actually yes. We started acting in church when we were kids.

Do you still miss your late dad?

Chidiebere: Yes, but we don’t want to talk about it. It’s still very painful for us. We don’t want to start crying all over again.

What kind of dad was he?

Chidimma: My father was okay and we had everything we wanted. Dad pampered us. However, if you did something wrong, he flogged you and then pampered you, telling you where you went wrong.

Chidiebere: Dad was cool. We had fun growing up. He dressed us in same clothes and shoes; we always wore the same uniform (laughter).

What was the greatest advice he gave you?

Chidiebere: We should be prayerful and work hard. We shouldn’t believe in human beings because they will definitely fail.

Chidimma: Dad taught us how to farm. He told us to always remember that you can’t stop working until your job is done. He was a philanthropist and loved helping people a lot; he did things for widows and the physically challenged.

What was it like growing up in a po­lygamous home?

Chidimma: It was fun. We all ate from one plate; there were no barriers.

Since you have this blissful recollec­tion of growing up in a polygamous home, could you be second wife?

Chidiebere: The difference between then and now is that our father and mothers understood each other and knew what they wanted. But I can’t share my husband with another woman.

Chidinma: How they measured wealth those days was in how many children and wives one had. I don’t have a problem with polygamy but will my fellow wives be able to live the way my father and his wives lived? I believe it is still possible to live that way even now.

What’s been your most challenging movie to date? - Read complete interview at: http://www.exlinklodge.com/2015/11/i-can-be-second-wife-says-nollywood.html#sthash.9Gh0aJo9.dpuf

cc lalasticlala

Re: I Can Be A Second Wife - Says Nollywood Identical Twins Chidiebere by Nobody: 7:41am On Nov 08, 2015
These talentless girls again

1 Like

Re: I Can Be A Second Wife - Says Nollywood Identical Twins Chidiebere by Joygalore(f): 7:45am On Nov 08, 2015
Are they bleaching or just the make up undecided
Re: I Can Be A Second Wife - Says Nollywood Identical Twins Chidiebere by Cutehector(m): 7:45am On Nov 08, 2015
Nigerian girls r very stingy and selfish lol... I think thr is a real life story whr twins got married to the same husband...

So why can't it happen in nigeria? grin
Re: I Can Be A Second Wife - Says Nollywood Identical Twins Chidiebere by Nziwujo(m): 7:47am On Nov 08, 2015
What ever rock their bolt If Dimma like she should share her husband with 3 wives for all i care
Re: I Can Be A Second Wife - Says Nollywood Identical Twins Chidiebere by donholy28(m): 7:52am On Nov 08, 2015
Joygalore:
Are they bleaching or just the make up undecided
I can remember... these girls were dark skinned b4...nawah o
Re: I Can Be A Second Wife - Says Nollywood Identical Twins Chidiebere by Babe2sure(f): 8:09am On Nov 08, 2015
STFUareyouGod:
These talentless girls again

They are truly talentless. Any movie they act in is always boring. They can't act to save their lives!
Re: I Can Be A Second Wife - Says Nollywood Identical Twins Chidiebere by Pineapp: 8:14am On Nov 08, 2015
Babe2sure:

They are truly talentless. Any movie thay act in is always boring. They can't act to save their lives!
At least what they can't do is,"act to save their lives"...
But for you,you can't even write to gain popularity as broad as theirs.

1 Like

Re: I Can Be A Second Wife - Says Nollywood Identical Twins Chidiebere by Joygalore(f): 8:18am On Nov 08, 2015
Yeah
donholy28:
I can remember... these girls were dark skinned b4...nawah o
Re: I Can Be A Second Wife - Says Nollywood Identical Twins Chidiebere by youngberry001(m): 8:21am On Nov 08, 2015
i love this girls mhenn wink

they re so charming!!
Re: I Can Be A Second Wife - Says Nollywood Identical Twins Chidiebere by Babe2sure(f): 8:26am On Nov 08, 2015
Pineapp:

At least what they can't do is,"act to save their lives"...
But for you,you can't even write to gain popularity as broad as theirs.

It's because your brain is not functioning properly, that's why you don't know its a typographical error. Your unsolicited correction has not gained you popularity "as broad as theirs" either. Dumbass!
Re: I Can Be A Second Wife - Says Nollywood Identical Twins Chidiebere by Nobody: 8:38am On Nov 08, 2015
Babe2sure:

They are truly talentless. Any movie thay act in is always boring. They can't act to save their lives!
seriously I don't know how they got this far and why the so much hype about them
Re: I Can Be A Second Wife - Says Nollywood Identical Twins Chidiebere by Babe2sure(f): 9:00am On Nov 08, 2015
STFUareyouGod:
seriously I don't know how they got this far and why the so much hype about them

It's the grace of God.

I like them as twins. But I don't bother to watch their movies.
One thing that plays out in the industry is, they watch their back. If you are close to producers, they will give you roles,regardless of whether you are talentless or not. If your friend is a producer, and he produces movies without featuring you, it will strain the relationship, so they try to avoid that.
And some other factors I wouldn't want to mention. lipsrsealed

1 Like

Re: I Can Be A Second Wife - Says Nollywood Identical Twins Chidiebere by Nobody: 9:03am On Nov 08, 2015
Babe2sure:

It's the grace of God.

I like them as twins. But I don't bother to watch their movies.
One thing that plays out in the industry is, they watch their back. If you are close to producers, they will give you roles,regardless of whether you are talentless or not. If your friend is a producer, and he produces movies without featuring you, it will strain the relationship, so they try to avoid that.
And some other factors I wouldn't want to mention. lipsrsealed

how you know about this?
Re: I Can Be A Second Wife - Says Nollywood Identical Twins Chidiebere by Babe2sure(f): 9:13am On Nov 08, 2015
STFUareyouGod:
how you know about this?

Lol... I know someone in the industry.
And there was a time I wanted to sell a story to be acted. But I was just too lazy to write the story, till now. I'm just a lazy writer.
At the same time, I don't want to tell my friend the story, so that he doesn't steal it.
I may still write it. Maybe.... Maybe not....
Re: I Can Be A Second Wife - Says Nollywood Identical Twins Chidiebere by Nobody: 9:25am On Nov 08, 2015
Babe2sure:

Lol... I know someone in the industry.
And there was a time I wanted to sell a story to be acted. But I was just too lazy to write the story, till now. I'm just a lazy writer.
At the same time, I don't want to tell my friend the story, so that he doesn't steal it.
I may still write it. Maybe.... Maybe not....
That's interesting. In summary yur a lazy writer tongue

What kinda Stories/play do you write?
Re: I Can Be A Second Wife - Says Nollywood Identical Twins Chidiebere by Pineapp: 10:22am On Nov 08, 2015
Babe2sure:

It's because your brain is not functioning properly, that's why you don't know its a typographical error. Your unsolicited correction has not gained you popularity "as broad as theirs" either. Dumbass!
Asshole undecided
Re: I Can Be A Second Wife - Says Nollywood Identical Twins Chidiebere by itstpia8: 12:27pm On Nov 08, 2015
the husband shortage has not reached that level.

there are enough men to go around although some of them might not be rich yet.
Re: I Can Be A Second Wife - Says Nollywood Identical Twins Chidiebere by Babe2sure(f): 12:41pm On Nov 08, 2015
Pineapp:

Asshole undecided

Lame-ass undecided
Re: I Can Be A Second Wife - Says Nollywood Identical Twins Chidiebere by itstpia8: 12:43pm On Nov 08, 2015
on the other hand, any southern woman who keeps highlighting this preference of theirs, should be married off to northerners as multiple wives.
Re: I Can Be A Second Wife - Says Nollywood Identical Twins Chidiebere by Divineluv14(f): 12:56pm On Nov 08, 2015
They are now brighter than their future
Re: I Can Be A Second Wife - Says Nollywood Identical Twins Chidiebere by Babe2sure(f): 1:03pm On Nov 08, 2015
STFUareyouGod:
That's interesting. In summary yur a lazy writer tongue

What kinda Stories/play do you write?

I never wrote a story. I've not written the story I had in mind.
I'm more of an essayist. I used to write essays for people in my school days. I was well known for that. But people disturbs me, before I will actually sit to write for them. I don't willingly write.(That was why I said, "I'm a lazy writer" cheesy
Re: I Can Be A Second Wife - Says Nollywood Identical Twins Chidiebere by Nobody: 1:08pm On Nov 08, 2015
Babe2sure:

I'
I never wrote a story. I've not written the story I had in mind.
I'm more of an essayist. I used to write essays for people in my school days. I was well known for that. But people disturbs me, before I will actually sit to write for them. I don't willingly write.(That was why I said, "I'm a lazy writer" cheesy
Lol. Why not pick that wonderful talent up and dump laziness?
Re: I Can Be A Second Wife - Says Nollywood Identical Twins Chidiebere by Babe2sure(f): 1:10pm On Nov 08, 2015
STFUareyouGod:
Lol. Why not pick that wonderful talent up and dump laziness?

Okay, I will try. Thanks.
Re: I Can Be A Second Wife - Says Nollywood Identical Twins Chidiebere by Nobody: 1:13pm On Nov 08, 2015
Babe2sure:

Okay, I will try. Thanks.
you welcome

But from our few chat exchange, I noticed you not that lazy. You typed quite many words

(1) (Reply)

'Hapuya' Crooner Morachi Shares Eggplant Pics / Dream FM OAP Oma Weds (photos) / Beyonce Looks More Beautiful With Barely No Make-up (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.