Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,237 members, 7,839,258 topics. Date: Friday, 24 May 2024 at 03:48 PM

Biafra Is A Scam - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Biafra Is A Scam (1021 Views)

Why Radio Biafra Is Still Operational In London - British Government / Chinedu Ogah: Biafra Is Not Feasible In Nigeria – Says APC Chieftain / Foreigners Come For A Nigerian Who Claimed Chibok Girls Kidnap Is A Scam (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Biafra Is A Scam by mrrights: 11:13am On Nov 08, 2015
Biafra is a Scam
By: Sunday Dolph Christopher
http://mrrights.com.ng/index.php/2015/11/08/biafra-is-a-scam/

Igbo Children that suffered from kwashiokor illness due to starvation by the soldiers.

Igbo Children that suffered from kwashiokor illness due to starvation by the soldiers.

I think it is high time I propounded my opinion about this Biafra dementia that has been unfurling all across the nation by some inebriated and ignoramus group of Igbo people. I will express my views no matter whose ox is gored. I would have been a Biafran if the war had succeeded.

My father was in the army during the war and I have read and heard, and seen evidences of the atrocities committed against the Southerners just before the Civil War in what is now called “Igbo Pogroms”. My father told me everything that happened. But what I still do not understand is why Igbos still went back to the same North after the War. Some of them still live there even after all the atrocities that are regularly committed against them! Why can they not live in the East and develop it? I just do not get it.
Feeding the children

Feeding the children

Two possible answers -(1) ‘hubris’ or the belief that you are so special and above all others that you will soon pull the wool over their eyes and have one on them (obviously not working on the Hausa north) (2) as I said earlier, a masochistic streak that wants to be hit again and again by the same person. So somewhere in your pithy little brains you think the answer to all of your home-made problems is the creation of Biafra and the installation of 1 man so long as he originates from what you call Igbo nation. You know I would have even given your postulation a 5 second thought if not that I remember that all Igbo states are led by an Igbo governor and all their cabinet would also typically be all Igbo; yet not one Igbo state now or in the past has been any more distinguished than any other state in Nigeria.
extreme kwashiokor children

Let me tell you a little more you need to know about OJUKWU, BIAFRA and the WAR. It may interest you to know the history, origin and events that sprung up that declaration “Republic of Biafra. This was not because of the love Ojukwu had for the igbo people, rather than his love for power and embitterment that power eluded him. Ojukwu wasted so many promising and prominent young Nigerians.

These Youths were brainwashed by Ojukwu just what Nnamdi is doing. Immediate causes of the war included a military coup, a counter-coup, and persecution of Igbo living in Northern Nigeria. Control over oil production in the Niger Delta played a vital strategic role. It may also interest you to know that the first Nigerian coup d’etat that resulted in the assassination of 11 senior Nigerian politicians and two soldiers as well as kidnapping three others was led by Kaduna Nzeogwu (an igbo) and General Johnson Aguiyi-Ironsi (another igbo)then used the coup as a pretext to annex power, ending Nigeria’s nascent democracy.

Continue reading here : http://mrrights.com.ng/index.php/2015/11/08/biafra-is-a-scam/

1 Like

Re: Biafra Is A Scam by mrrights: 11:16am On Nov 08, 2015
News
Politics
Opinion
Peace & Conflict Resolution
Human Rights Issues
Entertainment
Relationship
Write for Us

Home - Opinion - Biafra is a Scam
Biafra is a Scam

Biafra is a Scam

By: Sunday Dolph Christopher

I think it is high time I propounded my opinion about this Biafra dementia that has been unfurling all across the nation by some inebriated and ignoramus group of Igbo people. I will express my views no matter whose ox is gored. I would have been a Biafran if the war had succeeded.

My father was in the army during the war and I have read and heard, and seen evidences of the atrocities committed against the Southerners just before the Civil War in what is now called “Igbo Pogroms”. My father told me everything that happened. But what I still do not understand is why Igbos still went back to the same North after the War. Some of them still live there even after all the atrocities that are regularly committed against them! Why can they not live in the East and develop it? I just do not get it.
Feeding the children

Feeding the children

Two possible answers -(1) ‘hubris’ or the belief that you are so special and above all others that you will soon pull the wool over their eyes and have one on them (obviously not working on the Hausa north) (2) as I said earlier, a masochistic streak that wants to be hit again and again by the same person. So somewhere in your pithy little brains you think the answer to all of your home-made problems is the creation of Biafra and the installation of 1 man so long as he originates from what you call Igbo nation. You know I would have even given your postulation a 5 second thought if not that I remember that all Igbo states are led by an Igbo governor and all their cabinet would also typically be all Igbo; yet not one Igbo state now or in the past has been any more distinguished than any other state in Nigeria.

Let me tell you a little more you need to know about OJUKWU, BIAFRA and the WAR. It may interest you to know the history, origin and events that sprung up that declaration “Republic of Biafra. This was not because of the love Ojukwu had for the igbo people, rather than his love for power and embitterment that power eluded him. Ojukwu wasted so many promising and prominent young Nigerians.

These Youths were brainwashed by Ojukwu just what Nnamdi is doing. Immediate causes of the war included a military coup, a counter-coup, and persecution of Igbo living in Northern Nigeria. Control over oil production in the Niger Delta played a vital strategic role. It may also interest you to know that the first Nigerian coup d’etat that resulted in the assassination of 11 senior Nigerian politicians and two soldiers as well as kidnapping three others was led by Kaduna Nzeogwu (an igbo) and General Johnson Aguiyi-Ironsi (another igbo)then used the coup as a pretext to annex power, ending Nigeria’s nascent democracy.
An extremely sterved mother feeding her two kwashiokor children

An extremely sterved mother feeding her two kwashiokor children

Then along came a counter coup led by Lt. Col. Murtala Mohammed which resulted to murder of Gen Aguiyi Ironsi as a reaction to the killings of Northern politicians and Officers by mostly Igbo soldiers. Ojukwu felt Brigadier Babafemi Ogundipe was the highest in the hierarchy of power and should be made head of state. But when the coup plotters insisted and made Gowon the head of state, Ojukwu got pissed and this led to the civil war. Brigadier Ogundipe opted out peacefully, but pride did not allow Ojukwu to let go. Apart from the Aburi Accord in Ghana, there were a lot of other accords to settle issues amicably, but Ojukwu was bent on ruling his own oil rich country “Baifra”.

There was nothing like the “REPUBLIC OF BIAFRA ” it’s an illusion. That assertion was made on 30th may 1967, and was just for a selfish purpose (leadership ) Why did you think Ojukwu fought?, Who was he fighting for. Now another self-centered Nnamdi Kanu wants to take advantage of your sentiments . Ojukwu fought because he could not allow Gowon who was in the same rank as he was be head of state. Taking advantage of his father’s wealth, he arrogated himself to a god of war without minding how many lives he would destroy. Did you think Biafrans rebels combated openly with the Nigerian army? Apart from some cheap ambushes like the Abagana, where could they have confronted the Nigerian armies.

1 Like

Re: Biafra Is A Scam by Nobody: 11:17am On Nov 08, 2015
Yoruba are so stupid.
Re: Biafra Is A Scam by Nobody: 11:17am On Nov 08, 2015
Yoruba insult Biafrans but are scared to let them go.

2 Likes

Re: Biafra Is A Scam by mrrights: 11:17am On Nov 08, 2015
Biafrans dealt with Biafrans. The rebels captured Igbo cities and tormented innocent lives. Raping young women and forcefully taking wives from their husbands. Recruiting boys between the ages of 13-15 and above into their army. Killed any person suspected of sabotage. The saboteurs were worn the Nigerian army uniform, killed and termed Nigerian soldiers. Igbos suffered, but Nigerian armies rescued the captured cities one after the other, until all was rescued. Benin City was captured by the Biafran soldiers alongside Auchi, Agenebode, Okene, Asaba, Agbor , Iloshi and Atani while indiscriminately shooting and killing armless civilians in the process.

Unbeknownst to General Banjo (the leader of this mobilization who was a Yoruba) a unit of Biafran soldiers under Lt. Col. Oechi attacked the government residence of Mid-Western Region governor David Ejoor at the behest of President Odumegwu Ojukwu to capture Ejoor dead or alive. Not wanting to appoint an Igbo over non-Igbo citizens General Banjo suggested that either David Ejoor, Sam Ogbemudia, or Col. Trimnell be made governor but Ojukwu refused and ultimately placed the Igbo medical-officer Albert Okonkwo governor. Ojukwu would finally execute Vitor Banju, Emmanuel Ifeanjuna (The first black African to ever win an international gold medal) and one Alale following a plot to agree a ceasefire with Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: Biafra Is A Scam by EasternLion: 11:19am On Nov 08, 2015
Yorubas are drinking medicine for another man headache eeehhh

Awo took medicine meant to cure rat madness, he died 'away' cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

2 Likes

Re: Biafra Is A Scam by Nobody: 11:19am On Nov 08, 2015
mrrights:
[s]Biafrans dealt with Biafrans. The rebels captured Igbo cities and tormented innocent lives. Raping young women and forcefully taking wives from their husbands. Recruiting boys between the ages of 13-15 and above into their army. Killed any person suspected of sabotage. The saboteurs were worn the Nigerian army uniform, killed and termed Nigerian soldiers. Igbos suffered, but Nigerian armies rescued the captured cities one after the other, until all was rescued. Benin City was captured by the Biafran soldiers alongside Auchi, Agenebode, Okene, Asaba, Agbor , Iloshi and Atani while indiscriminately shooting and killing armless civilians in the process.

Unbeknownst to General Banjo (the leader of this mobilization who was a Yoruba) a unit of Biafran soldiers under Lt. Col. Oechi attacked the government residence of Mid-Western Region governor David Ejoor at the behest of President Odumegwu Ojukwu to capture Ejoor dead or alive. Not wanting to appoint an Igbo over non-Igbo citizens General Banjo suggested that either David Ejoor, Sam Ogbemudia, or Col. Trimnell be made governor but Ojukwu refused and ultimately placed the Igbo medical-officer Albert Okonkwo governor. Ojukwu would finally execute Vitor Banju, Emmanuel Ifeanjuna (The first black African to ever win an international gold medal) and one Alale following a plot to agree a ceasefire with Nigeria.
http://mrrights.com.ng/index.php/2015/11/08/biafra-is-a-scam/[/s]

Nonsense!

2 Likes

Re: Biafra Is A Scam by Nobody: 11:21am On Nov 08, 2015
I am happy when I see yoruba comments and posts on biafra. With every post , it shows they are scared about biafra leaving. I am so happy.

2 Likes

Re: Biafra Is A Scam by speedyGonzales: 11:37am On Nov 08, 2015
well, so is Nigeria... it is a proven a scam of more than 101 years!
Re: Biafra Is A Scam by Nobody: 11:42am On Nov 08, 2015
ALL THIS MODS and SEUN the own of nairaland YOU WILL NOT SEE THIS NOW WHEN IGBOS CREATE THEIR OWN THREAD BASHING YOU GUYS ALL THIS TRIBAL MODS WILL DELETE ANY THING PRO BIAFRA
Re: Biafra Is A Scam by Nobody: 11:59am On Nov 08, 2015
Yoruba are snakes
Re: Biafra Is A Scam by Nobody: 12:06pm On Nov 08, 2015
grin

2 Likes

Re: Biafra Is A Scam by mrrights: 12:19pm On Nov 08, 2015
what bashing?
Re: Biafra Is A Scam by mrmetoo1: 12:23pm On Nov 08, 2015
On a serious note, what really is the problem here? Can the FG start talks already? Let them give the leaders of this movement a chance to voice exactly what they want and how they want it. How many states are a part of this movement and also show us that majority of the people in these states want this. If it's majority then by all means we should let them go and if not let's know once and for all that this movement it's created by opportunists, mischief makers and scammers. Letting them go will mean all Biafrans will now be illegal aliens in Nigeria and whatever rules that applies to illegal aliens will apply to them until they're given a pathway to naturalization
Re: Biafra Is A Scam by Nobody: 12:58pm On Nov 08, 2015
CuckoldMaster:
I am happy when I see yoruba comments and posts on biafra. With every post , it shows they are scared about biafra leaving. I am so happy.

I hate the igbos more because of comment like this! Gosh! Don't you get it? We are tired of you and we want you out of our space.

Are all igbos naturally this stupid? Na wa oooo

Ohaneze or whatever they are called needs to rein this online urchins in Jared, we don they tire already.

Ya' all don't know how all this non sense makes normal igbos look.
Re: Biafra Is A Scam by ba7man(m): 1:00pm On Nov 08, 2015
CuckoldMaster:
Yoruba insult Biafrans but are scared to let them go.
Are you guys our slaves that your freedom lies in our hands? undecided
Re: Biafra Is A Scam by simplycarro: 1:01pm On Nov 08, 2015
[size=15pt]BIAFRA IS A SCAM! If not, by now there should be mass oxodus of Biafrans out of Nigeria.

I SAY SO!!!
[/size]

1 Like

Re: Biafra Is A Scam by simplycarro: 1:01pm On Nov 08, 2015
ba7man:
Are you guys our slaves that your freedom lies in our hands? undecided
Biafrans are slaves! Only slaves beg for freedom
Re: Biafra Is A Scam by mrrights: 12:00am On Nov 09, 2015
Hum
Re: Biafra Is A Scam by IGBOSON1: 2:07am On Nov 09, 2015
And Nigeria brought together by slave traders and sustained on the blood of millions of innocents is what?

By 1960, Nigeria was at par or better than Brazil and the Asian Tigers! Fast forward 5+ decades and they've left us for dust while we still grapple with hatred, mutual suspicion, ethno-religious inspired mass murder (which almost always goes unpunished), nepotism, quota-system (that seems to have no termination date), and lack of the most basic of amenities like pipe borne water...electricity...and roads!

Anybody (besides the greedy murderous elite -from ALL ethnicities- holding this country to ransome) that wants to be honest with themselves will readily agree that this agitation for Biafra is the ONLY means presently available to force the hands of these internal colonisers to do what's necessary for a truly workable nation to emerge! They wouldn't agree to a no-holds-barred sovereign national conference, and the useless National Assembly is a non-starter!

A lot of people approach this whole Biafran thing from the wrong angle...and they're aware of this but carry on regardless! They do this for selfish, tribal and xenophobic reasons!

1 Like

Re: Biafra Is A Scam by Duru1(m): 2:27am On Nov 09, 2015
mrrights:
Biafrans dealt with Biafrans. The rebels captured Igbo cities and tormented innocent lives. Raping young women and forcefully taking wives from their husbands. Recruiting boys between the ages of 13-15 and above into their army. Killed any person suspected of sabotage. The saboteurs were worn the Nigerian army uniform, killed and termed Nigerian soldiers. Igbos suffered, but Nigerian armies rescued the captured cities one after the other, until all was rescued. Benin City was captured by the Biafran soldiers alongside Auchi, Agenebode, Okene, Asaba, Agbor , Iloshi and Atani while indiscriminately shooting and killing armless civilians in the process.

Ordinarily, Nigeria would have been progressive with dumbass ninnies such as you. Must Igbo, Yari,ba, Hausa and Fulani reside in the same country. If a dunce such as you is afraid to build a country into a meaningful domain, Ndiigbo are not.
Re: Biafra Is A Scam by oluwafemi113(m): 5:39am On Nov 09, 2015
Dear biafrans I support ur struggle 100% but
my problem is ur approach. I would want to
suggest the following procedures and i can
assure u its going to work out successfully. if
u can unite and follow the following steps
then i can tell, welcome to the Republic of
Biafra in advance.
STEP 1
withdraw all ur services from Nigeria and
render the Nigerians as u are the backbone of
the country
STEP 2
Withdraw your kinsmen who are public office
holders e.g Ike Ekweremadu, deputy senate
president, Peter Obi the D.G of S.E.C
STEP 3
Reject all the ministerial nomination from the
so called Nigeria.
STEP 4
Endeavour to reject Federal Allocation. u re
very industrious people u will be better off
without it
STEP 5
Stop all form of importation through the
Nigerian sea port so that Nigeria will crumble
without ur Tax
STEP 6
Recall all your sons and daughters from all
parts of Nigeria to relocate to home untill this
fight is over then Nigeria can beg them to
come back as expatriate
STEP 7
Lock up all ur shops in idumota, Alaba
international, Kano main market, and every
other market even in the remote villages
accross the country.
STEP 8
Go beyond closing of the Niger bridge stop all
Nigerians from buying or selling in Onitsha
Main market or Ariaria market in Aba.
STEP 9
Make sure u make ur Visa very hard for
Nigerians.
STEP 10
This fight can be achieved without Violence
just like south Sudan. Finally, make sure u
dont fight it with weapons.
Igbo kwenu!!! hee!

(1) (Reply)

More Yorubas Supporting Biafra -olumide Morenikeji / Caption This Photo Of Barack Obama, What Is He Doing? / Change!!! Fuel Is Now N150/L

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.