Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,195 members, 7,829,274 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 11:38 PM

Erico: NFF Are Slave Drivers - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Erico: NFF Are Slave Drivers (491 Views)

'NFF & Sports Ministry Sold Tickets Meant For Nigerians To Argentines & Iceland' / Libya Slave Trade: Eto Did What Nigerian Pastors, Celebs, Politicians Couldn't / Court Sacks Amaju Pinnick As NFF President (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Erico: NFF Are Slave Drivers by BlackAlbino6(m): 12:56pm On Nov 08, 2015
[b][size=14pt]
Erico: NFF Are Slave Drivers
[/size]
The former assistant coach of the Super Eagles, Joe Erico, has taken a swipe at the leadership of the Nigeria Football Federation over the treatment meted out to one of the coaches under their employment, Samson Siasia, who is the chief coach of the National Under-23 soccer team who was last week fined a whopping N500,000 for crying out loud to Nigerians that he has not been paid for three months by the NFF.

Erico, who said he took a walk from the national team’s job years back when he was owed salaries for several months, noted that, the NFF has not failed to display their attribute as slave drivers.

“How can you not pay coaches who work day and night to put up a formidable national team? It is unfair to fine Siasia such a huge penalty payment for crying out loud that the NFF were not up and doing in the area of paying salaries promptly to their coaches.

“Unless they want to pay him and then remove their fine from the money, where do they expect him to get the money from when he has not been paid for three months? The NFF were ill-advised by whoever said they should take such draconian step against a dedicated coach like Samson Siasia. “I am a victim of the NFF slave-driving tendency and we don’t just know when that would stop.

A lot of the national coaches have died without being paid by the football federation. I am just sad and confused we have to start from somewhere.”

The Green Eagles’ Ethiopia 76 Nations Cup goalkeeper said the NFF should have a rethink, they should think of meeting their obligations without hindrance.

The NFF should be upright and responsible, the poor situation is lingering for too long. A lot of coaches have died without being paid by the football federation. “I don’t know how somebody would be owed three months salaries and he won’t talk. During my time, I complained and when there was no response I had to quit leaving Shuiabu Amodu and Stephen Keshi in the team until the squad was later disbanded not many Nigerian coaches can do what I did quitting and I moved on with my life. I don’t have any regret doing that.

Why should we work for our country and not be paid, the NFF pay foreign coaches promptly as they know the international laws relating to such violation.

“I have always advised the NFF to approach the corporate bodies to sponsor the payment of national team coaches salaries. Corporate bodies take care of this in Europe.

The NFF can organise two to three matches and they can raise enough to pay coaches for some time.
“The likes of Augustine Eguavoen, John Obuh, Amodu Shuiabu, Christian Chukwu and other former assistant coaches of the Super Eagles were owed for more than six months on a stretch and the NFF leadership was comfortable, this is not the best for Nigeria. Stephen Keshi at a point cried foul that he was owed for six months. It was not until after his outcry that an obviously embarrassed NFF offset some of the arrears.”

Erico stated that, there is no way the Nigerian national soccer teams would move to higher rankings in the world when their coaches are persistently owed salaries.

There is no way you can coach a team thoroughly and ensure all playing patterns are articulated when you are being slave driven and not paid your due salaries for a very difficult and sensitive job.

“I read sometimes ago in the newspapers where former Golden Eaglets and Super Falcons coach, Godwin Izillien cried foul about owed salaries and allowances by the NFF years after he left the national team job.

This was a man that was saddled with the responsibility of coaching two national teams at the same time and he was not paid. This is very sad and unjust. The man is crying that the NFF should pay him now before he dies like others who have gone without the federation paying them.”

It could be recalled that the sudden sacking of the Secretary General of the Nigeria Football Federation, Barrister Musa Amadu, was alleged on the decision of Amadu to use part of the $3.5million paid to the federation by FIFA for the country’s participation at the Brazil World Cup, to offset owed salaries of present and past national teams’ coaches.

But this idea was bluntly rejected by the NFF president, Mr. Amaju Pinnick, who gave the Secretary General the option of resigning or get fired. Musa Amadu honourably took the path of voluntary resignation.
[/b]

dailyindependentnig.com/2015/11/erico-nff-are-slave-drivers/
Re: Erico: NFF Are Slave Drivers by F22RAPTOR(m): 1:17pm On Nov 08, 2015
I remember coach Keshi had to cry out after he was being owed 5 months salaries and the then minister of sports bashed him for crying out. Its like you are hurting me and you expect me to keep quiet about it...what nonsense. This slave riding practice has to stop. Its like a norm in this country where the labor laws are inactive

1 Like

Re: Erico: NFF Are Slave Drivers by justiz5(m): 1:28pm On Nov 08, 2015

The former assistant coach of the Super Eagles, Joe Erico, has taken a swipe at the leadership of the Nigeria Football Federation over the treatment meted out to one of the coaches under their employment, Samson Siasia, who is the chief coach of the National Under-23 soccer team who was last week fined a whopping N500,000 for crying out loud to Nigerians that he has not been paid for three months by the NFF.

Maybe NFF is looking for 'DISCIPLINERY' INTENERLLY GENERATED REVENUEgringrin
Re: Erico: NFF Are Slave Drivers by justiz5(m): 1:56pm On Nov 08, 2015
F22RAPTOR:
I remember coach Keshi had to cry out after he was being owed 5 months salaries and the then minister of sports bashed him for crying out. Its like you are hurting me and you expect me to keep quiet about it...what nonsense. This slave riding practice has to stop. Its like a norm in this country where the labor laws are inactive

Now people can understand clearly why Keshi Bitterly and openly cried that the contract he had signed was a 'Slave Contract'.

NFF are Nigerian Football Slave masters.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Golden Eaglets Are The World Champions (Congratulations! ) / Ronaldo, Messi, Drogba And The 30 Best Goalscorers In The World / Gbolahan Salami Wins First Rashidi Yekini Golden Boot Award

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.