Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,208 members, 7,860,348 topics. Date: Friday, 14 June 2024 at 09:44 AM

Taraba Gov., Ishaku Vows To Appeal Tribunal Verdict - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Taraba Gov., Ishaku Vows To Appeal Tribunal Verdict (599 Views)

Kolade Akinjo: Appeal Court Upturns Tribunal’s Verdict / Aisha Jummai-Alhassan 1st Elected Female Governor As Tribunal Sacks Ishaku / APC To Appeal Tribunal’s Judgment On Akwa Ibom Governorship Poll (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Taraba Gov., Ishaku Vows To Appeal Tribunal Verdict by londonrivals: 2:34pm On Nov 08, 2015
Governor Darius Ishaku of Taraba has promised to appeal the verdict of the Elections Petitions Tribunal which nullified his election as governor.

The tribunal on Saturday in Abuja quashed the victory of Ishaku of Peoples Democratic Party’s (PDP) and declared Sen. Aisha Alhassan of All Progressives Congress (APC) as winner of the 2015 governorship election.

Ishaku, who told a news conference in Jalingo on Saturday that he would appeal the verdict, added that he believed that the Court of Appeal would reverse the judgment and give him back his victory.

Meanwhile, the verdict was greeted with mixed reactions as Alhassan’s supporters in Unguwangadi, Magami, Kasuwan-Yelwa, Sabon-Gari and Nyamu Sala areas celebrated, while others criticise it.

The PDP Public Relations Officer in the state, Mr Napoleon Adamu, told newsmen that people in the state should accept the verdict and cooperate with the winner.

However, Mr Hariman Bovoa, the National President of Mambilla Youth Progressive Association, criticised the verdict, saying it was biased.

Also, Mr Gibeon Kataps, former Secretary to the Taraba Government, said Ishaku remained the governor, until the determination of the case at the Court of Appeal.

The police command in the state had, therefore, warned that it would deal decisively with anyone who foment trouble in any part of the state.

- NAN

http://www.metronaija.com/2015/11/taraba-gov-ishaku-vows-to-appeal.html

cc: lalasticlala
Re: Taraba Gov., Ishaku Vows To Appeal Tribunal Verdict by boboLIL(m): 2:35pm On Nov 08, 2015
Happy birthday to me..... Guys appreciate me.... Its only God that can do it....today is my day
Re: Taraba Gov., Ishaku Vows To Appeal Tribunal Verdict by dustmalik: 2:39pm On Nov 08, 2015
This part got me laughing
The PDP Public Relations Officer in the state, Mr Napoleon Adamu, told newsmen that people in the state should accept the verdict and cooperate with the winner.
So, PDP PRO, knowing fully well that the judgement is just, has already accepted the reality.

The judgement is a no-brainer, and there is no court that will upturn it.

Cc: lalasticlala, do the needful and put this on front-page
Re: Taraba Gov., Ishaku Vows To Appeal Tribunal Verdict by uolamide(m): 2:40pm On Nov 08, 2015
Can sum1 pls help summarise all those issh.. can't sum1 learn from the way i summarise.. embarassedjust saying
Re: Taraba Gov., Ishaku Vows To Appeal Tribunal Verdict by ernesty20(m): 2:42pm On Nov 08, 2015
K
Re: Taraba Gov., Ishaku Vows To Appeal Tribunal Verdict by Elisean(m): 3:05pm On Nov 08, 2015
make e rest nah

(1) (Reply)

Biafran Agitators Define True Federalism / Aapointmrnt And Posting Of Federal Parm Secs / How N25bn Is Embezzled Daily Via Buhari’s TSA – Melaye

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.