Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,449 members, 7,816,039 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 12:29 AM

Five Killed In Wukari Over Taraba's Governorship Judgement - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Five Killed In Wukari Over Taraba's Governorship Judgement (31090 Views)

Taraba Governorship: Appeal Court Reserves Judgment On Ishaku’s Election / Five Killed In Wukari Over Taraba's Governorship Judgement / Five Killed In Wukari Over Taraba's Governorship Judgement (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Five Killed In Wukari Over Taraba's Governorship Judgement by Koninda(m): 5:02pm On Nov 08, 2015
At lesast five persons have been killed in Wukari, Taraba State following yesterday's court ruling in Abuja that nullified the election of Governor Darius Ishaku and the declaration of Senator Aisha Alhassan as the winner of the state's April 11th governorship election.
A security source in Wukari told SaharaReporters that supporters of Governor Ishaku and Senator Alhassan clashed throughout the night until the early hours of Sunday. 

The situation, our source added if not properly handled will degenerate into a serious communal crisis because of the fragile ethnoreligious balance in the area.

Taraba State has been embroiled in series of political crisis since the plane crash that incapacitated former Governor Danbaba Danfulani Suntai, a development which led to the emergence of his deputy, Alhaji Garba Umar who acted as governor for a prolonged period because Suntai's supporters would not let him become a substantive governor until he was removed from office via a controversial court order. 

http://saharareporters.com/2015/11/08/five-killed-wukari-over-tarabas-governorship-judgement

1 Share

Re: Five Killed In Wukari Over Taraba's Governorship Judgement by zico530(m): 5:05pm On Nov 08, 2015
It is nothing but a clash between Christians and Moslems. The deposed Governor is a Christian while The Intruding lady is a Moslem. It is another attempt by the Islamic vampires to soak the blood of monkies and bamboos in blood.

64 Likes 9 Shares

Re: Five Killed In Wukari Over Taraba's Governorship Judgement by TonyeBarcanista(m): 5:06pm On Nov 08, 2015
Buhari and APC must be held responsible for any breakdown of law and order in Taraba state that arise from the judgement they delivered in connivance of INEC and Corrupt judges at the tribunal but FAILED to replicate same in Benue state.

That said, I appeal to everyone to be calm and not take laws into their hands.

84 Likes 12 Shares

Re: Five Killed In Wukari Over Taraba's Governorship Judgement by boboLIL(m): 5:07pm On Nov 08, 2015
Meanwhile

Happy birthday to me..... Guys appreciate me.... Its only God that can do it....today is my day

6 Likes

Re: Five Killed In Wukari Over Taraba's Governorship Judgement by NgeneUkwenu(f): 5:07pm On Nov 08, 2015
May Their Souls Rest In Peace!

Meanwhile Aisha Alhasan will soon be Sworn in to calm all nerves!

Democracy in action!

Mama Taraba, We All Love You tongue

28 Likes 1 Share

Re: Five Killed In Wukari Over Taraba's Governorship Judgement by ERAKAMUS: 5:10pm On Nov 08, 2015
That's the result when you Impose a muslim candidate against peoples mandate in a CHRISTIAN STATE.

95 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Five Killed In Wukari Over Taraba's Governorship Judgement by ishiamu(m): 5:11pm On Nov 08, 2015
NgeneUkwenu:
May Their Souls Rest In Peace!

Meanwhile Aisha Alhasan will soon be Sworn in to calm all nerves!

Democracy in action!

Mama Taraba, We All Love You tongue

Mumu keep deceivin ya self shemalee

Don't go and attend 2 ya smelly kpekus

75 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Five Killed In Wukari Over Taraba's Governorship Judgement by Firefire(m): 5:12pm On Nov 08, 2015
Nigeria under Buhary and APC is drifting into state of anarchy and complete lawlessness.

Let the international community take note.

Is this the promised CHANGE

68 Likes 12 Shares

Re: Five Killed In Wukari Over Taraba's Governorship Judgement by Okanokan(m): 5:26pm On Nov 08, 2015
Koninda:
At lesast five persons have been killed in Wukari, Taraba State following yesterday's court ruling in Abuja that nullified the election of Governor Darius Ishaku and the declaration of Senator Aisha Alhassan as the winner of the state's April 11th governorship election.
A security source in Wukari told SaharaReporters that supporters of Governor Ishaku and Senator Alhassan clashed throughout the night until the early hours of Sunday. 

The situation, our source added if not properly handled will degenerate into a serious communal crisis because of the fragile ethnoreligious balance in the area.
Taraba State has been embroiled in series of political crisis since the plane crash that incapacitated former Governor Danbaba Danfulani Suntai, a development which led to the emergence of his deputy, Alhaji Garba Umar who acted as governor for a prolonged period because Suntai's supporters would not let him become a substantive governor until he was removed from office via a controversial court order. 

http:///1MQrN1a

Its trite law that the leopard cannot change its spot. I had believed, and erroneously too that age would have tempered Mr Buhari's bitterness of 30years ago, from all indication is a long ride with ABSOLUTISM, Now look at what is going on in Taraba because Judges want to play to the gallery. I pray sincerely for this beloved nation. Pdp is bad but Apc is WORSE!

44 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Five Killed In Wukari Over Taraba's Governorship Judgement by nikkiking(m): 5:32pm On Nov 08, 2015
Pishure shocked.

I never see the touts that will make me die in the name of politics.

The thugs don't care.

2 Likes

Re: Five Killed In Wukari Over Taraba's Governorship Judgement by Nobody: 5:34pm On Nov 08, 2015
These are people laughing that police shot some innocent protesting biafrans.

They hate igbos but they hate each other even more

25 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Five Killed In Wukari Over Taraba's Governorship Judgement by Junior66(m): 5:41pm On Nov 08, 2015
I warned about this yesterday. Most people commenting on threads here have never been to Taraba and do not understand how politics goes on there. I witnessed and conducted the last election in Taraba as an ad hoc staff and was baffled at the pattern of voting there. APC won in every muslim village or polling unit while the opposite was the case for pdp. One has to thread softly here because politics is sensitive in that area. Its like having a christian as governor in Kano state.

81 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Five Killed In Wukari Over Taraba's Governorship Judgement by Junior66(m): 5:42pm On Nov 08, 2015
I warned about this yesterday. Most people commenting on threads here have never been to Taraba and do not understand how politics goes on there. I witnessed and conducted the last election in Taraba as an ad hoc staff and was baffled at the pattern of voting there. APC won in every muslim village or polling unit while the opposite was the case for pdp. One has to thread softly here because politics is sensitive in that area. Its like having a christian as governor in Kano state although the religious balance isnt as steep.

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Five Killed In Wukari Over Taraba's Governorship Judgement by funkybully(f): 5:44pm On Nov 08, 2015
Buhari and APC about to set the country on fire by judiciary rascality

39 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Five Killed In Wukari Over Taraba's Governorship Judgement by ishiamu(m): 6:03pm On Nov 08, 2015
opiaoku:

she-males don't have kpekus they have dickkk grin

ngeneukwenu is a bastard she-male

LoL... kpekus can be anything

2 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Five Killed In Wukari Over Taraba's Governorship Judgement by opiaoku: 6:04pm On Nov 08, 2015
ishiamu:

LoL... kpekus can be anything

ok naa

but ngeneukwenu is a bastard she-male and only gays do she-males grin

8 Likes

Re: Five Killed In Wukari Over Taraba's Governorship Judgement by ishiamu(m): 6:05pm On Nov 08, 2015
opiaoku:

ok naa

but ngeneukwenu is a bastard she-male and only gays do she-males grin

LoL.... subway101 is gay dog and na him dey do ngeneukwenu the she-male

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Five Killed In Wukari Over Taraba's Governorship Judgement by opiaoku: 6:11pm On Nov 08, 2015
ishiamu:

LoL.... subway101 is gay dog and na him dey do ngeneukwenu the she-male

hahahahahahaha you don kill that guy kpatakpata grin i always watch you destroying him

kudos grin

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Five Killed In Wukari Over Taraba's Governorship Judgement by Nobody: 6:15pm On Nov 08, 2015
This will descend into an avoidable ethno religious conflagration.
The mainly Christian Jukun tribe who dominate Taraba will always reject any attempt to have a Moslem Hausa governor, they ensured the then Acting Governor Garba Umar didn't get the PDP ticket or become substantive governor primarily because of his religion.
Just like in Plateau with the Beroms and Hausa Fulani, the Jukuns consider the large Hausa minority as immigrants.
This will only exacerbate the existing tensions.
It's folly to steal the mandate given by Taraba people to Darius and hand it to the runner up. It's judicial robbery .
Lest Taraba become another Plateau.
Theophilus Danjuma will most likely intervene and ensure the appeal quashes the judgement and Buhari will acquiesce considering Danjuma was one of the biggest financiers of his campaign . Every President since OBJ has always left Taraba purely in his hands. It won't stand.

41 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Five Killed In Wukari Over Taraba's Governorship Judgement by drss(m): 6:32pm On Nov 08, 2015
Hypocracy of APC is dat they will throw tantrums about lack of strong opposition, yet dey are killing opposition through tribunal to form a one party state. Just d way d dullaard wants it cos he himself is a dictator. Buari and APC hates opposition of any kind.

33 Likes 1 Share

Re: Five Killed In Wukari Over Taraba's Governorship Judgement by drss(m): 6:33pm On Nov 08, 2015
SenseiX:
This will descend into an avoidable ethno religious conflagration.
The mainly Christian Jukun tribe who dominate Taraba will always reject any attempt to have a Moslem Hausa governor, they ensured the then Acting Governor Garba Umar didn't get the PDP ticket or become substantive governor primarily because of his religion.
Just like in Plateau with the Beroms and Hausa Fulani, the Jukuns consider the large Hausa minority as immigrants.
This will only exacerbate the existing tensions.
It's folly to steal the mandate given by Taraba people to Darius to the runner up. It's judicial robbery .
Lest Taraba become another Plateau.
Theophilus Danjuma will most likely intervene and ensure the appeal quashes the judgement and Buhari will acquiesce considering Danjuma was one of the biggest financiers of his campaign . Every President since OBJ has always left Taraba purely in his hands. It won't stand.

Cc lalasticlala
i talk am yesterday. Buari tribunals go finally end d zoo.
My post yesterday.
First muslim female governor in a christian dominated state! Something way go NEVER HAPPEN for muslim dominated states in d north even if na deputy governor. APC setting d zoo backwards since may 29.
Anyway, anything way go collapse d zoo is welcome. Abeg buari dullaard continu d dictatorship make everybody waka commot for d zoo.

36 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Five Killed In Wukari Over Taraba's Governorship Judgement by Warlord3000(m): 7:08pm On Nov 08, 2015
Not again
Re: Five Killed In Wukari Over Taraba's Governorship Judgement by xender(m): 7:08pm On Nov 08, 2015
Kay kay Kay Kay Kay .
Re: Five Killed In Wukari Over Taraba's Governorship Judgement by gameboy727(m): 7:09pm On Nov 08, 2015
RIP to the dead. Peace should reign instead.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Five Killed In Wukari Over Taraba's Governorship Judgement by myjobsfinder(m): 7:09pm On Nov 08, 2015
That's quite sad
Re: Five Killed In Wukari Over Taraba's Governorship Judgement by NOBODYY: 7:10pm On Nov 08, 2015
I foresee a huge conflict coming embarassed embarassed

4 Likes

Re: Five Killed In Wukari Over Taraba's Governorship Judgement by nicedas(m): 7:11pm On Nov 08, 2015
God, biafrans grin

1 Like

Re: Five Killed In Wukari Over Taraba's Governorship Judgement by intergral(m): 7:11pm On Nov 08, 2015
RIP

1 Like

Re: Five Killed In Wukari Over Taraba's Governorship Judgement by LMAyedun(m): 7:11pm On Nov 08, 2015
Buhari has messed up our Judiciary...
why won't they kill themselves when they feel cheated.

20 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Five Killed In Wukari Over Taraba's Governorship Judgement by nairaman66(m): 7:12pm On Nov 08, 2015
Na wah oo!

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

Ambode Commissions Jubilee Chalet In Epe (Photos) / Kankara Schoolboys Arrive Katsina Government House After Their Release (Video) / Peter Obi Free To Visit My Palace - Oba Of Lagos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.