Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,690 members, 7,820,406 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 02:20 PM

Police Arrest 125 Pro-biafra Protesters In Delta - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Police Arrest 125 Pro-biafra Protesters In Delta (23577 Views)

Delta State Police Deny Arrest Of 125 Pro-biafra Protesters In Delta / Police Arrest 125 Biafra Protesters In Delta / We’ll Crush Pro-biafra Protesters In Rivers —governor Wike Warns (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Police Arrest 125 Pro-biafra Protesters In Delta by nduchucks: 6:18pm On Nov 08, 2015

The Nigeria Police Force seem to be applying the full weight of the law on protesters, who have blocked the highways in Asaba,Delta State, as they seek the actualisation of the Sovereign State of Biafra.

The situation has made travellers suffer untold hardship.

So far, 125 young men have been arrested by the police for participating in the protest for the actualisation of the Sovereign State of Biafra.

According to the Police in Asaba, the arrests were made to forestall a total breakdown of law and order in Delta State.

The agitations by the indigenous people of Biafra have been on since last Friday. The first demonstrations were recorded in Imo State.

One-Million-Man March

Throughout the night, about 10,000 members of the group laid siege at the major fly-over bridge in Enugu.

Report says that the group marched through the major streets at night before going back to their various locations, defiling an earlier warning by the police not to hold the march.

The arrested men from Asaba are likely to be charged to court on Monday.

On Friday, The Nigeria Police Force issued a warning against the one-million-man march, saying the protesters, from the south-eastern region, would be provoking the law if they do not stop such protests or call.

Source

Kudos to our great law enforcement agents for showing restraint.

40 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Police Arrest 125 Pro-biafra Protesters In Delta by asvpChuu(m): 6:22pm On Nov 08, 2015
new twitter @cocoboy1738 .. Pls follow me

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Police Arrest 125 Pro-biafra Protesters In Delta by Nobody: 6:37pm On Nov 08, 2015
The Nigerian police need to use rubber bullets and tear-gas judiciously this time.

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: Police Arrest 125 Pro-biafra Protesters In Delta by shepherd77: 6:47pm On Nov 08, 2015
You may arrest but please no killing.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Police Arrest 125 Pro-biafra Protesters In Delta by CR77(f): 6:58pm On Nov 08, 2015
Buhari or nigeria police can't stop Biafra

Biafra is our only hope

Biafra Umu Chineke

106 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Police Arrest 125 Pro-biafra Protesters In Delta by CR77(f): 6:58pm On Nov 08, 2015
partnerus:
The Nigerian police need to use rubber bullets and tear-gas judiciously this time.
why should the Zoo police use rubber bullet on them who protest without armed

66 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Police Arrest 125 Pro-biafra Protesters In Delta by wachakuta(m): 6:59pm On Nov 08, 2015
Sai Biafra

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Police Arrest 125 Pro-biafra Protesters In Delta by martineverest(m): 6:59pm On Nov 08, 2015
They are mostly the south easterners in asaba and not the delta igbos(ika and anioma).asaba ppl don't see themselves as ibos... Waiting for them to come to Benin and Warri. That will be the end of ibos in those cities...

41 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Police Arrest 125 Pro-biafra Protesters In Delta by Sijo01(f): 6:59pm On Nov 08, 2015
asvpChuu:
new twitter @cocoboy1738 .. Pls follow me

Where are they following you to?

8 Likes

Re: Police Arrest 125 Pro-biafra Protesters In Delta by kulobyno: 6:59pm On Nov 08, 2015
Double wahala for dead body, part of the prize to pay for freedom
Re: Police Arrest 125 Pro-biafra Protesters In Delta by Avedon: 7:00pm On Nov 08, 2015
May 30, 1967 Independence declaration by His Excellency Lieutenant Colonel Chukwuemeka Odumegwu Ojukwu.....

"Fellow countrymen and women, you, the people of Eastern Nigeria:

CONSCIOUS of the supreme authority of Almighty God over mankind, of your duty to yourself and posterity;

Aware that you can no longer be protected by any Government based outside Eastern Nigeria;

Believing that you are born free, and have certain inalienable rights which can best been preserved by yourselves;

Rejecting the authority of any person or persons other than the military Government of Eastern Nigeria to make any imposition of whatever kind or nature upon you;

DETERMINED to dissolve all political and other ties between you and the former Federal Republic of Nigeria;

PREPARED to enter into such association, treaty or alliance with any sovereign state within the former Federal Republic of Nigeria and elsewhere on such terms and conditions as best to observe your common good;

AFFIRMING your trust in ME;

HAVING mandated me to proclaim on your behalf, and in your name, that Eastern Nigeria become a sovereign independent Republic;

NOW THEREFORE I, LIEUTENANT COLONEL CHUKWUEMEKA ODUMEGWU OJUKWU, MILITARY GOVERNOR OF EASTERN NIGERIA, BY VIRTUE OF THE AUTHORITY, AND PURSUANT OF THE PRINCIPLES RECITED ABOVE, DO HEREBY SOLEMNLY PROCLAIM THAT THE TERRITORY AND REGION KNOWN AS AND CALLED EASTERN NIGERIA TOGETHER WITH HER CONTINENTAL SHELF AND TERRITORIAL WATERS SHALL HENCEFORTH BE AN INDEPENDENT SOVEREIGN STATE OF THE NAME AND TITLE OF "THE REPUBLIC OF BIAFRA ".

AND MAY GOD PROTECT ALL WHO LIVE IN HER.

24 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Police Arrest 125 Pro-biafra Protesters In Delta by NJPot(m): 7:00pm On Nov 08, 2015
I taught Ofemmanus and kunu sippers said that Delta and other south-south regions are not part of Biafra. Anyway, now they are convinced that Biafra includes Imo, Anambra, Enugu, Delta, Rivers, Ebonyi, Abia pharoah let my people go. Na by force to be a Nigerian? Abi una no wan miss us. Ok. Don't worry, when we have Biafra, we go give una free visa to come to Biafra if na wetin una want. Final warning, Pharoah let my people go or....Well let me reduce my temper. The truth be told, Igbos are too big and distinguished to be part of Nigeria. You know why? Because we Igbos are Israelites. Even the Oyibo una dee speak were borrowed from Igbo Language. If you doubt, see 25 English words borrowed from Igbo Language Igbo Kwenu!

55 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Police Arrest 125 Pro-biafra Protesters In Delta by kushma(m): 7:00pm On Nov 08, 2015
It can be delayed but cannot be denied. True Biafra we would get there.

41 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Police Arrest 125 Pro-biafra Protesters In Delta by hmohammed(m): 7:01pm On Nov 08, 2015
Awon omo Ibo oloriburuku somebody

38 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Police Arrest 125 Pro-biafra Protesters In Delta by phrezzz: 7:01pm On Nov 08, 2015
Like play like play this thing don dey turn another thing. pls igbos forgive Nigeria we love u and want u to be part of us!

7 Likes

Re: Police Arrest 125 Pro-biafra Protesters In Delta by imashyguy: 7:01pm On Nov 08, 2015
take it easy ooo
Re: Police Arrest 125 Pro-biafra Protesters In Delta by Philistine(m): 7:01pm On Nov 08, 2015
Okay. All the protesters are south easterners. Biafra is for only igbos; no more, no less. No genuine SS will join their useless protest.

18 Likes

Re: Police Arrest 125 Pro-biafra Protesters In Delta by datguru: 7:01pm On Nov 08, 2015
After arresting them, what next ?

1 Like

Re: Police Arrest 125 Pro-biafra Protesters In Delta by 9jizzy(m): 7:01pm On Nov 08, 2015
No other political figure in South East can muster the kind of crowds Nnamdi Kanu just did

Without paying them a dime

And that should worry us.

50 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Police Arrest 125 Pro-biafra Protesters In Delta by Tonyet1(m): 7:03pm On Nov 08, 2015
One would have taken these miscreants serious but for the spell of money-lust.

Biafra is a pathetic mirage

5 Likes

Re: Police Arrest 125 Pro-biafra Protesters In Delta by playpaz: 7:03pm On Nov 08, 2015
Gej my Hero

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Police Arrest 125 Pro-biafra Protesters In Delta by fagbalex(m): 7:03pm On Nov 08, 2015
Nice one, Nigeria must remain united!

2 Likes

Re: Police Arrest 125 Pro-biafra Protesters In Delta by CR77(f): 7:03pm On Nov 08, 2015
Yes Oo

Biafra is our only hope

Biafra Umu Chineke
kushma:
It can be delayed but cannot be denied. True Biafra we would get there.

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Police Arrest 125 Pro-biafra Protesters In Delta by Nobody: 7:04pm On Nov 08, 2015
[size=30pt]Let Me Make The Most Of Freedom[/size]
Re: Police Arrest 125 Pro-biafra Protesters In Delta by intergral(m): 7:04pm On Nov 08, 2015
Their brain is made of nothing but abacha and palm oil sad..... Arrest em and charge them with treason angry angry wink cheesy

10 Likes

Re: Police Arrest 125 Pro-biafra Protesters In Delta by jorlons(m): 7:04pm On Nov 08, 2015
Well it really doesn't concern me what they do, as long as it stays in d east.

Am watching to see what Okowa will say. Let's see if He's just another biafran.

1 Like

Re: Police Arrest 125 Pro-biafra Protesters In Delta by NOBODYY: 7:04pm On Nov 08, 2015
Koni ragba fun Nndigbo

35 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Police Arrest 125 Pro-biafra Protesters In Delta by goryorhal(m): 7:04pm On Nov 08, 2015
Just 125 ?? undecided

1 Like

Re: Police Arrest 125 Pro-biafra Protesters In Delta by Rilwayne001: 7:04pm On Nov 08, 2015
cool
Re: Police Arrest 125 Pro-biafra Protesters In Delta by Descartes: 7:04pm On Nov 08, 2015
Arresting them for agitating for freedom from this fraudulent entity called Zoogeria?
Indeed there was a country

23 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Official Portrait Of Hajia Maryam Mairo, Aminu Tambuwal's Second Wife / Tinubu’s Hand, Osun Central — All The Factors That Will Decide Osun Gov Election / US Army Prepares For Nigeria’s Possible Break-up (2015)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.