Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,850 members, 7,824,540 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 12:03 PM

Yoruba Youths Beg Buhari -NAN - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Yoruba Youths Beg Buhari -NAN (720 Views)

Allow Biafra, Oduduwa, Others Referendum - Arewa Youths Beg Buhari / 'we Are Sorry, Our Elders Misled Us,' Ndi'gbo Youths Beg President Buhari / Nigerians Misinterpreted Me – Bayo Onanuga, NAN MD Reacts To Backlash (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Yoruba Youths Beg Buhari -NAN by flyingsnail(f): 10:27pm On Nov 08, 2015
badan - The National Committee of Yoruba Youths on Thursday urged the President-elect, retired Maj.-Gen. Muhammadu Buhari, to continue with the amnesty programme for ex-militants in the Niger Delta Region.

This is contained in a issued by the President of the youths, Mr Oladimeji Odeyemi, in Ibadan.

The statement stated that call for the discontinuation of the programme was unfortunate.

He said that dozens of youths from the region had been transformed through the amnesty programme and were doing well in the society.

Odeyemi urged Buhari to sustain the tempo‎ of the Presidential Amnesty Programme and continue with its funding to avoid another youth restiveness.

According to him, with the successful implementation of the amnesty programme, our crude oil production hovers between 2.2 million barrels and 2.4million barrels per day.

"We call on the incoming administration to sustain the tempo of the Presidential Amnesty Programme and continue with its funding.

The outgoing Presidential Amnesty Programme Chairman and Special Adviser to the President on Niger Delta Affairs, Mr .Kingsley Kuku, and his team have turned the amnesty programme into a model to evaluate performance and service delivery.

"The amnesty programme in just four years has succeeded in training both locally and offshore, about 20,000 youths out of the 30,000 beneficiaries enlisted in the scheme,’’ he said.

Odeyemi said the feat had produced trained manpower to provide services in the oil and gas, power, maritime, agro-allied and the aviation industries in the country.

"As at today, almost 20,000 of these beneficiaries are in various institutions abroad while significant numbers are schooling in some of our best private universities in the country.

"When these youths are fortified with skills, the Niger Delta and, indeed, Nigeria will not depend on crude oil alone as its source of income,’’ Odeyemi said.

- NAN

http://www.news24.com.ng/National/News/Dont-scrap-amnesty-programme-Yoruba-youths-beg-Buhari-20150507
Re: Yoruba Youths Beg Buhari -NAN by Twill92: 10:28pm On Nov 08, 2015
ok
Re: Yoruba Youths Beg Buhari -NAN by doublewisdom: 10:38pm On Nov 08, 2015
Wetin concern yoruba with amnesty?
Re: Yoruba Youths Beg Buhari -NAN by Stolen: 11:01pm On Nov 08, 2015
Lazy Bastards! Monkey they work Baboon they chop.

Yorubas go and develop your land.

2 Likes

Re: Yoruba Youths Beg Buhari -NAN by oilyngbati(m): 11:09pm On Nov 08, 2015
grin grin grin grin You gotta give it up to the yolo.bas. These creatures are smart. They see the unification of the old eastern region in the horizon and are now back with their ploy of divide and rule. If the yolubas really cared about the niger delta so much, why didn't they support Goodluck Jonathan, an Ijaw?

4 Likes

Re: Yoruba Youths Beg Buhari -NAN by Nobody: 11:16pm On Nov 08, 2015
A yoruba friend ask me: under what conditions would you support One Nigeria and let go of the Biafra struggle.

Here was my response:

1. Close down Lagos ports and Open up PH, Calabar, Onitsha and Warri.
2. Cancel all direct and major connecting flights to Lagos and Abuja airports...only local or minimal connecting flights will be allowed. While this is being done, open up Enugu, Owerri, Asaba, Uyo and PH to international flights...direct and major connecting flights.
3. Ask all international and diplomatic missions to move their embassies and consulates from Lagos and Abuja to Enugu, PH and Calabar.
4. All federal governments agencies in Lagos and Abuja shall be relocated to Enugu, PH and Calabar. CBN, NNPC,e.t.c shall and must relocate to PH, Calabar and Enugu.
5. All multinational companies in Lagos and Abuja, shall and must relocate their offices to PH, Calabar and Enugu.
6. If these conditions can be fulfilled and implemented, we can try one Nigeria and let's see if you Hausas and Yorubas will like it for a month. Meaning, Yorubas and Hausas needing to get visas shall travel to PH, Calabar or Enugu to do that. Same with flying or connecting flights, same with shipping and importing their goods, e.t.c.

The yoruba friend replied: you can't be serious, this is wickedness. I said really? Don't you think Biafrans have been suffering and enduring this very same wickedness for over 50 yrs? He was quiet for a few seconds and said: wow, you are right but it never occurred to me. I said, that's the problem with One Nigeria, those who are benefiting love it and would love to maintain the status quo.

1 Like

Re: Yoruba Youths Beg Buhari -NAN by basilo101: 11:17pm On Nov 08, 2015
I dont understand all these sudden love for the niger deltans by yorubas, have u all apologised for what ur brother OBJ did in Odi??

4 Likes

Re: Yoruba Youths Beg Buhari -NAN by Kyase(m): 12:40am On Nov 09, 2015
President elect?
I smell lie
Re: Yoruba Youths Beg Buhari -NAN by IlekeHD: 12:47am On Nov 09, 2015
Stolen:
Lazy Bastards! Monkey they work Baboon they chop.
Yorubas go and develop your land.
Did you read the content at all? Lazy igbo tout.

@post

May 2015 news

(1) (Reply)

Ekiti Little Boy Hails Governor Fayose (photo) / James Ibori Cries From Prison - Stop Using My Pictures For Biafra Protests / Eaglets Victory Bold Response To Buhari Failure To Acknowledge Youths Potentials

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.