Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,602 members, 7,812,972 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 12:37 AM

What Happened To Those Childhood Dreams? - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / What Happened To Those Childhood Dreams? (330 Views)

Femi Fani-Kayode's Childhood Photo With His Siblings / Shoutout To Those Childhood Plays... / Unfulfilled Dreams Of Jessica Elvis, Late Nigerian Prostitutes' President (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

What Happened To Those Childhood Dreams? by jkingx(m): 1:42am On Nov 09, 2015
“The fear that is within you now that seems to never end,
and the dreams that have escaped you and the hope that you’ve forgotten,”

When I was little, I dreamt of being several things. I wanted to be a soldier, a musician, a pilot, an engineer, a business tycoon! I had a reason for each dream. I love the military. That is a passion that has not faded with time. I wanted to be a musician; not as a career! As a child, I didn’t even know that people make money as musician. I was just dreaming of how nice it will be to make my own music and share it with the world. I wanted to be a pilot because I dreamt of distant lands and though that being a pilot will make it possible and easier for me to travel around the world. I changed my mind when I realized it was the idea of a military fighter pilot I liked. Flying a passenger plane did not hold much appeal to me as I thought it would be boring. I wanted to be an engineer because I was curious about how things work. I destroyed a lot of stuff in the house and nearly electrocute myself a few times. Then I wanted to be a business tycoon because I liked the word tycoon and because we didn’t have much money, I wanted to have a lot of money so I could give a bunch of it away to help others. For one brief moment I even considered being a doctor but quickly woke up from that dream as I don’t like to see people suffering.
I was always terrified of failure in life. Maybe I’m ‘lucky’ or something, but many years later, I’m living some of the dreams in some ways; I’m an engineer, play the keyboard and write songs, and maybe not a tycoon yet, but certainly an entrepreneur and business man.
Girl dreamingI believe every little child dreamt or dreams of greatness. I believe that those dreams were given by the Almighty in those golden age of innocence when we are most in tune with our Maker and limitations simply did not exist. I don’t believe any child dream of being a criminal, mediocre or failures in life. One question that has always troubled me is, what happen to those dreams? Why do many people never live any of their dreams?
I have spent a good deal of time reading, learning and observing. The reasons and excuses for failures can be as diverse as the individuals who failed to be all they could be. In subsequent articles, I’ll try to share my experiences and insights into why some people fail and some succeed but in the mean time, stop and think about your childhood dreams then ask yourself if you’re living them. If not, ask yourself why not?

http://bluestocker.com/what-happened-to-those-childhood-dreams/

(1) (Reply)

Whip-free Schools / Hilarious Answer To A Mathematics Questions(photo) / E-museum

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.